Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend: Season 2

"Ok then. Well it was—" Carol quickly stopped her words as another person came through. "Sorry, I have to go."

She got up from her seat, and quickly hurried to the wounded person. She immediately found the wound, a leg that was blown in two, the foot hanging from bits of flesh and nerve. Carol spoke encouraging words to the man as she went to work. She took out a bag of plasma and inserted the tube into the man's arm.

"Someone, hold this plasma up!" 

Bella entered the tavern quietly, trying not to draw attention. This is the first time she left the forest, which was her home, and explore the outside world. Her age looks to be young, her body the size of a small human. She had long, black hair, pale skin and pointy ears. A pair of purple butterfly wings sprouted from her back. She is dressed in a dark purple dress. Poisonous vines surround her body.

As the fairy entered the tavern, she tried to keep her distance, afraid of harming others with her poisonous body. 

Edited by Bella_Donna

Carol sat down, barely saving the wounded man from blood loss. She patched up his leg, which was now in one piece. Carol looked around, quite relieved of the peace and quiet. She saw a lady enter the tavern, who had odd features. The purple wings on her back and the vines that were wrapped around her caught Carol's attention. Carol approached the lady, intending to make a new acquaintance. 

"Hello! I am Carol. Welcome to the Tavern of Legend!" Carol bowed, bringing her torso parallel to the floor. She was deeply honoured to meet someone new. She came back up to look at the lady.

@Bella_Donna

Bella bowed and introduced herself. "I'm Bella, a fairy from a far away forest coming here for an adventure." A smile appeared on her face, something that didn't happen for quite some time. She was happy to finally meet someone who doesn't seem afraid of her poison. Still, she feared about contact, so she kept a bit of distance.

Edited by Bella_Donna

Carol walked towards the bar. The battle was still going on, but that didn't stop her from grabbing a drink.

"Want a drink? They have everything here."

Carol looked at the variety of drinks and concoctions that filled the cabinets and shelves.

The door to the tavern would suddenly slam open with a loud BANG! On the other side of the door would stand a tall knight in heavy steel armor which was emblazoned with a crest in the image of an apple. This knight was Conrad Von Appledorf, son of the Baron Ludwig Von Appledorf.

Conrad removed he helmet to reveal a rugged face of about 24, it came with blonde hair that was cut short and a blonde mustache that appeared very well groomed and waxed upright at the tips  . Upon seeing the inside of the tavern Conrad would let loose a boisterous laugh and say," now this is a tavern"!

Edited by Baron Von Appledorf
Misspell

Carol was surprised by this loud entrance. She dropped a glass filled with dragon elixir. Carol apologized to Bella, and quickly got another drink ready. She looked at the man, who was laughing quite loudly. She placed the glass on the counter and approached the man. "Welcome to the Tavern! Have a seat and I will get you a drink. I am a healer, but the bartender is busy fighting some dragons and lizards so..." Carol went back to bar and grabbed another glass.

@Baron Von Appledorf

On 1/8/2018 at 6:23 PM, Pickled said:

Carol was surprised by this loud entrance. She dropped a glass filled with dragon elixir. Carol apologized to Bella, and quickly got another drink ready. She looked at the man, who was laughing quite loudly. She placed the glass on the counter and approached the man. "Welcome to the Tavern! Have a seat and I will get you a drink. I am a healer, but the bartender is busy fighting some dragons and lizards so..." Carol went back to bar and grabbed another glass.

@Baron Von Appledorf

Conrad smiles at the woman and says to her," As long as you can pour a drink into a glass I am sure you are more than capable of serving me. Conrad would then take a seat on a nearby chair and would reach into his scabberd and pull out a steel sword with what appears to have a golden apple on its hilt and would begin to polish it with a rag he would pull out from under his armor.

Carol felt a smirk grow across her face as the man spoke. It was nice to have some company, and it was quite nice that the man came just as Bella decided to join the battle. Carol poured some red fluid into the glass, and mixed in a different blue liquid. She soon had a glass of purple liquid, which was very opaque. Carol set the drink onto the counter, looking at the man's sword. 

"How about a dragon lymph and purple elephant drink. I remember this combination will give the drinker a little added strength due to its high levels of sugar, protein, and caffeine."

Carol sat down on a stool, for the first time in a very long time. She thought about her past adventures of Valucre; so many places visited in just a few years. She had been to everyone major landmass, and visited almost every major city. She went through her bag and pulled out a black rose, the one thing that she kept from her journey's besides herbs and medicinal materials. She admired its complexity, its inability to move. She put it back in the bag and sat back, glad to be safe.

@Baron Von Appledorf

Myriana strutted into the tavern through the door that was left wide open. Stepping in, she hooked her foot around the large door and kicked it shut behind her. She grinned up at the people already inhabiting the strange bar, her sopping black hair framing an elegant face. Narrowing her eyes at the weary-looking woman that she assumed was a healer of sorts, Myriana lifted an arm, revealing the severed hand she held between two fingers. Her small nose scrunched at the bleeding mess held in her lithe, pale hand and she suppressed the urge to drop the hand.

"Found this outside." She mumbled, walking over and holding it out to the woman on the stool.

As she waited for her to take it, she used her other hand to straighten out the black cloak she had pinned over her shoulders, covering the worn leather and linen beneath. 

Carol took the hand, looking at it from all angles. It was cut off from something sharp, leaving a smooth end where it would attach to the arm. 

"Outside, just laying on the ground? Well, it was probably from that battle out there," Carol explained the situation thoroughly as she gave the hand back to the lady. The reptilian creatures started attacking awhile ago, and the battle was still going on. 

"However, I don't know who this hand is from."

Carol changed her straight posture into a messy one. She decided it was time to rest a little. But an alarming sound caused her to stand up. It was a patron that was fighting. The patron stumbled in, tired and covered in dirt. He sat down onto a table, and started to speak. 

"We are dying out there! The general has arrived and many people have been slaughtered..." The patron slowly went to sleep due to exhaustion.

Carol lightened up a little, and went for the door. She turned towards the new acquaintance and waved at her. 
"I must go now. It was a pleasure meeting you." Carol went out of the door and headed to the lines.

A look of confusion crossed the witch's face as she was once again left with the bloodied hand in her possession. She dropped it on the counter of the bar, wiping her hands off on her cloak. With another glance at the retreating woman, Myriana plopped into a bar-stool and listened to the sounds of battle. She absentmindedly watched the sleeping patron as she used a small dagger to clean the dirt from beneath her fingernails. 

With a deep sigh and a made up mind, the witch stood from the stool and made her way to the door. Stepping out, she leaned against the outside of the building, her black eyes darting across the field, looking for the woman. A lazy smile crossed her features as she pondered over whether or not she should join the fighting. Ultimately deciding against it, Myriana chose to wait until her help was truly needed, or asked for.

@Pickled

Carol rushed back to the tavern, almost crashing into the woman she met. She needed some help, and stopped to catch some breath. 

"I need some help with a wounded man,"  Carol gasped, barely getting any air. "Wait here, I am going to get a stretcher."

Carol went into the tavern and looked for something to use as a stretcher. She looked through most of the place, and eventually found herself in a closet. A small little roll of cloth was leaning up against the wall, with two wooden poles going off of the sides. Just what Carol was looking for. She grabbed the stretcher and stuffed it against her side, hugging it with her left arm. She hurried outside, to meet the woman. 

"Follow me. He is waiting for us." Carol headed off towards the man.

@yourstruly

Edited by Pickled

Myriana nodded curtly, following the woman closely. Her eyes narrowed at the man sprawled out on the floor as she waited for further instructions. As the woman began to lay out the stretcher, the witch let her gaze wander across the area. She watched passively as the battle continued on around them, no one stopping or giving them any attention. Myriana knelt beside the woman, ready to help her lift the man onto the stretcher. 

@Pickled

Edited by yourstruly