Mickey Flash

Dark Nature

Lorial zipped up the black boot on her left foot.  She only had her right one to put on, and then she could get out of this hell hole.  She was going to meet a group of hunters at the Rusted Corsair, popular to the criminal element in the Port City of Veelos.  She's posted flyers as soon as she'd reached the city.  She was on the hunt.  She just didn't say who it was she was hunting.  She didn't want to tip him off. 

She reached for her blouse beside the bed, and felt a tug at her elbow.  She froze and looked around, but the male vampire had just rolled over in his sleep, his hand hitting her.  She didn't want to have to deal with him, because she was through with him.  She always ended up in shit holes like this, with some kind of low life vampire.  She hated her cursed need for sex, and the hated vampires she had to use for it.  She quickly found her other items, her satchel full of weapons and her belt of throwing knives. 

She climbed out the second story window, and landed gently on the ground.  She crouched there for a moment, checking out her surroundings.  Finding it safe, she stood up and strolled confidently to the Rusted Corsair.  She gave her satchel and belt to the man at the door.  She knew weapons weren't allowed in there.  She really didn't need them, but she liked them.  Finding a table she found a seat and sat upon it, pulling out a flyer from her back pocket.  She laid the flyer on the table, for those interested in the job to know this was the table for the meet. 

Her mother had given a vague and foggy description of the man she was trying to look for, her father.  He had raped her mother, and left her pregnant.  Now Lorial just wanted to find the guy and have a little talk with him.  She wasn't sure exactly what she would do when she found him, if she would kill him, or if she would beat him to within an inch of his life.  That depended on his explanation of the situation.  The best details she'd gotten were from her mother's friends.  They were all nymphs, and strangely prone to gossip.  They remembered Aster, Lorial's mother, being pulled into the woods by a vampire in fancy clothing, and they heard him speak with a French creole accent.  They thought she was going on a lover's tryst, because that's usually what nymph's do.  Instead she got very quiet for months, and then admitted she was pregnant.  She then told she had been forced, which was a rare shock for their kind.  This vamp had to be a pretty sick bastard to want to force a willing female. 

Lorial's shook the thoughts from her head, and ordered a whiskey.  She looked around and waited for someone to approach.  The sooner she could get this done, the sooner she can forget about her worthless father and get on with her life. 

From the bar, a wood elf with a pair of bright brown eyes watched the apparently young woman take claim to a table.  Her attire was not abnormal from the city, and would have caused him to overlook her after the first few moments had the flyer not ensured his attention.  She looked irritated, and ordering a whisky decreed such was the case, so Iriequil decided to approach her with a glass of apple juice and a friendly smile.

"Seems like a rough night.  You have my sympathies."  A warm voice trailed, coming from her right.  He placed the glass on the table and sat across from Lorial, layering his arms on the table with a relaxed posture.    "Might you be the one who set out the flyers?  I am here to offer assistance where it is welcomed."  he cooed.  Much about him was very casual, and allowed him to make friends with many strangers.  He hoped the effort payed off, as he was to be involved with strangers who also shared interest in this job.

Refining his quiet nature, he didn't draw much attention aside from being an elf, but even such a sight wasn't too uncommon in this port city.  In town he was a familiar and welcomed face, which also helped.   Wearing a lightly weathered brown shirt with a pair of tan cargo pants, it was evident that he had simply stayed the night in town after his work from the prior day was finished.

Edited by Artisan of Soul

The city was a far cry from the port he'd left behind in Terrenus. Admittedly, it hadn't been a planned departure. Falling into the crate had been purely accidental, and when the crew had discovered him a few days later it was far too late to turn around, and none of them had the stomach to kill him in cold blood. So they had simply accepted him as a member of the crew. Upon making landfall the captain had given him a bag of coins and firmly instructed him to never come back aboard the ship again. So now he wandered, a foreigner in a foreign city. Somehow the thought didn't upset him. He liked the idea of going far abroad.

In fact, it even promised to be an exciting trip. He soon found flyers advertising for hunters and trackers, people who could handle themselves in the field. Rone had spent a month in the desert before and simply assumed that it made him qualified. He made his way through the city to the tavern in question, and once he'd handed his sword to the fellow at the door (ha, the fool hadn't counted on the half-dozen knives hidden in his clothes) he approached the bar. A few coins sufficed for a drink and he leaned against it, waiting for the contact to show.

So occupied was Rone Leah with the clientele of the bar that he didn't even notice the woman enter and take a seat. It wasn't until someone else further down took notice and approached that he even remembered why he had come to begin with. Rone picked up his glass and walked over, hoisting his belt up and grinning confidently. The elf was blathering something, probably trying to tell the gorgeous woman about the forest or trees or some elfy thing. Rone slammed his cup on the table, put his foot on the bench, and folded his arms to strike a dashing figure.

"Hark, milady!" he cried, utterly ignoring whatever the elf was saying. "The mighty seafarer and adventurer extraordinaire has come to assist you! I'm certain you've heard of my many exploits--no, no, don't pretend not to be starstruck, I understand entirely. I am here to offer my aid in your, er." He glanced at the poster. "Your hunting and tracking adventure! I am quite an experienced woodsman, you see, despite my gaudy ensemble. What say you? Shall we gallavant unto the unknown together?" He put on his most flattering grin.

"You want to take my weapons?" Chet asked the doorman. "What the Hell kind of place is this? you can't just take my well-earned swords. These things are expensive." After the doorman mumbled out the spiel that he gave most violent patrons such as Chet, Chet finally gave up and handed over his sword and dagger. "You better not get your grimy fingerprints all over them."

He walked into the tavern, and looked around. He wasn't much of a drinker so he avoided the bar. He then noticed a table with a young women and two men sitting at it, a flyer laid out in front of them. Chet pulled a folded piece of parchment from his cloak's pocket. It was the same flyer that was laying before that group. He sulked over, effortlessly pulling up a seat. "Why, in the name of the Goddess, would you pick a meeting place that doesn't allow weapons?"

He removed his hood to reveal a large scar going down the right side of his face, leaving his one hazel eye to be clouded over. He finally decided to look at the others sitting at the table: a young, gorgeous woman with ebony hair sat to his right. A wood elf sat to his left. And, finally, some obnoxious pirate-esque fellow stood before him. Goddess, what had he gotten himself into?

840630.jpg

Keiei didnt know why he had taken on this quest but he had.Maybe it was because he was bored, maybe it was because they were to hunt a vampire, something he was before he was a God. Or it could even be he was getting bored of The Kuro. Whatever the reason, he had headed to this ship like bar in order to meet the owner of the flyer. The bar was typical for this world, drunks everywhere and a over protected bar owner. He had a ban on weapons and Keiei laughed at that. He had a weapon, a Kuro item known as a Shadow Tear.  They would never find it unless he used it. One of the many gifts of Kuro weapons. Glamour was such a wonderful thing. As he entered, someone was fighting about not wanting to give up his sword, must be one of the ones meeting. Anyone else would have known the rule so it was a safe guess.

Walking inside, he sees two other people speaking with a lady and could tell by the loud one, they were who he was to meet. Bunch of loud do gooder types. This was going to be very trying. He would have to trad lightly while in here, could risk bring down the guards or something. He would even keep Chou hidden till they were out of this place. She would not be so easy to keep from her fun here. Making his way over to he table, he pulls up a chair beside them and simply looks at them. He doesnt say a word just letting his golden eyes sparkling in the low lite light. he was studying them. Letting his Kuro Eyes peer deep into their souls. He wanted to see their make. After what seemed like forever he spoke.

"Greetings mortals. I am Keiei of The Mind of Kuro. I am here to make sure you dont die finding your father. I do hope you others do not plan on being so loud and cheery this whole time. I would hate to change that to fear. AHAHAHAAHAH" He laughed licking his fangs. His eyes never left her. She was the reason he was and here and the others where just in his way. There was something he wanted from here and he knew helping her find this man would give it to him. "So how many others are we waiting for? To many people and I might have to be sure we lose a few. My darkness is hungry after all. AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH" He only half joked, still licking his fangs.

Quietly the duo remained down the end of the bar. The larger figure was seated rather awkwardly on the stool, while its companion was smaller and sat easily atop the stool. Both remained still, steadily looking forward, scarcely moving to lift their glasses. Any conversation that existed between the two was squelched by the raucous noise of the other patrons. It was like any tavern which they had frequented before. However, this one was a little different. All the while it assumed the role of a tavern, it was always a hub for the thriving criminal element of Veelos. None of this seemed to bother either of the figures.

Each was shrouded in their own choice of garment. The small was buried among the billowing folds of a sable robe; the other clad in an all-consuming jacket of ebony leather. Even the face of the large figure was marred from view by a curtain of raven hair. The two looked a rather grim scene, better suited for a sacrificial event, or perhaps mourning. Still, nothing seemed to matter to the two, not the fight begging to break out to the side, not the group gathering around a curious young woman.

A pale hand reached out from the jacket of the larger figure as if breaking through its sepulcher. Long digits wrapped about a glass of brandy and lifted it to darkened lips. Easily the glass was drained and replaced upon the bar top. The little figure to the side seemed to wiggle atop its stool, but made no other indication of movement. It had been like that for some time. They had arrived earlier in the day, as if waiting for something.

The larger figure finally moved, looking in the direction of the table. Piercing eyes of an emerald green briefly fell upon the woman at the center of all the attention. A grunt that was barely audible issued from the figure before returning its focus forward. Once more the pale hand appeared, but this time with a cigarette between two outstretched fingers. A strong jaw locked it in place, and quietly the figure would muse before making any further action. The group was indeed the group they had been seeking. Motioning to the side, the larger figure rose from its stool and began to make its way toward the group.

Finally in motion, and no longer hidden by the odd posture prompted by the stool, the figure was visible in its true form. A tall, masculine figure with exotic features. The coat was left open, and hung loosely over his bare chest. Black leggings and tall travel boots of the same color were the only other obvious adornments of the male. Save for his skin, it was skin so pale, yet marred by all manner of strange markings.

He did not smile as he approached the group, merely grabbed a nearby chair and slid it close enough to be near the table. His eyes almost burned from within the shadows cast by his thick, dark hair, made only worse by the plume of smoke rising from his lips. He had timed his entrance seemingly to be the last arrival. All had already had their say, and there was little more left to do than to hear the job. It was all he actually cared about, anything more was details. The job meant money, and money fulfilled their goals; it meant nothing more, and nothing less.

“Forgive me for ignoring social pleasantries and hocus pocus...” said a midnight voice, rattling deep within the man’s chest. “I was curious about the job on the poster.”

Lorial didn't have to wait long.  A wood elf approached first, Lorial smelled the tangy elf smell as well as the scent of the woods, her favorite place.  He started talking smooth and offering assistance.  Lorial nodded to him.  Before she could think to get a word out, another one approached.  This one smelled human.  He was loud and flamboyant.  His cockiness was amusing and irritating at the same time.  Lorial lifted an eyebrow at him. 

She could hear grumbling and griping coming from the entrance of the tavern, and she looked to see another human approach.  He complained about picking a place that took their weapons.  Lorial understood that the lack of weapons might be a problem for humans, but for creatures like her there was no need for weapons to kill.  She thought about stating right here and now, if the humans can't protect themselves without weapons then maybe they are not meant for the job.  Instead, she settled on a lighter, more teasing note.  "Don't worry.  I will protect you," she stated, a sarcastic grin on her face. 

Then she felt the power.  It came through the door and hit her like a fist.  She watched with leery eyes as the male approached her table.  His golden eyes seemed hypnotic and it was hard for her to look away from them.  Especially since he wanted to stare at her specifically.  He introduced himself, giving the name Keiei of the mind of Kuro, whatever that was.  She had no doubt it was important and powerful.  She just hadn't heard of it before.  His laugh and talk of hungry darkness did not escape her notice, and she sensed a grain of truth in that statement.  Here was the one.  There was always one in a group.  One who always started trouble.  One who was more trouble then they were worth most of the time.  But the power, the power could come in handy at some point. 

It was almost a relief to see another figure enter their little circle of hunters.  He was the dark and brooding type, and Lorial tore her eyes away from Keiei to look at him.  She was a little overwhelmed by Keiei's power, so she didn't get a good read on this newcomer.  He got right to business though, wanting to know about the job, and Lorial decided that the group was large enough to fit her needs. 

Her voice was low and husky, as usual, and she looked everyone in the eye as she spoke.  Yes, even the powerful one.  She wanted to make sure they all knew who was in charge.  With so many strong males in one group they were bound to want to show their authority.  Lorial had no time to watch them have a pissing contest.  She was the leader on this expedition.  "The flyer I sent out told that I was looking for my vampire father.  And that is exactly what I'm doing.  I need trackers who specialize in finding missing beings.  His description is clear.  He has black hair and green eyes.  He dresses like a dandy, and has a French creole accent.  I have traced him to here.  Every town I come across, he usually leaves with jilted partners or stolen cash.  Everyone remembers him.  There has been no mention of him here though.  Which leads me to believe he is still here.  I know the details are flimsy.  This won't be easy.  If it were I wouldn't have needed to hire you.  I don't need a bodyguard," with this statement she looks over at Keiei.  He had mentioned keeping her alive to see her father.  "I can take care of myself.  Your sole purpose is to find the vamp that fits this description."

She leaned back in her chair, and pulled her hair back with her hand.  "Not that I care, but I noticed only one of you gave your name.  I will be needing to know how to address you from time to time.  I am Lorial."  Lorial plops a bag full of gold on the table.  "This is the amount of money each of you will receive, if we are successful in finding him."  She pulls out only ten gold coins from the bag.  "This is the amount you will receive if we don't.  Does anyone have a problem with the job?  If so speak now."

Iriequil held a soft smile as the man interrupted and boasted his resume to the two.  The interjection didn't put him off in any way, and in fact he was glad to see another interested in the job at hand.  Then, as if the stage queue had been made, one by one more hunters came piling in to crowd the small table.  He smirked to himself and said in a low voice, "From the shadows, the hunters make themselves seen." After introductions were through, and Lorial had asserted her dominance, he nodded in compliance.  Not moving from his chair, aware of what was around him but seemingly aloof, he spoke in his usual calm manner.

"Well, madam, my name is Iriequil, but you may call me Claude if you would rather.  As for the job, I accept."  He stayed silent after that and let the others take the floor.  Looking over each person and listening to their introductions, he wondered what kind of hunting they were involved with.  The pirate seemed more or less a companion by happenstance.  An amusing and lively human, bringing life to the group.  He thought to enjoy Rone's company more than the majority of others.  Aside from that, the others appeared more along the lines of bounty hunters.  Lorial's opinion, though not spoken, was shared by Iriequil.  They seemed common to the tales of history, each harboring their roles dedication and conviction.  The mystery about their pasts was for them to reveal as they saw fit and little else, in the young elf's mind. 

Then, after the courage to speak one's name was out of the way, he began inquiring about the job.  He was the first to pipe up in it's favor, aside from the brooding one draped in black garb.  "To start with, I feel we should know as much as we can about the history surrounding your father.  If he was known to seek excitement or violence, he might be found northwards in the city of  Drakiss.  Otherwise, a calmer life could be lived in Morgana, save the tension from the old ruler.  Either way, I figure he'd be north western on this island, since the forests are dark and the winds of Terrenus bring ample rain the coast of the cliffs. What say you to that proposal?"  he asked, gesturing towards Rone.  

Edited by Artisan of Soul

Rone was somewhat affronted as more and more men crowded the already-crowded table. One even had the audacity to offer to protect her! Before he could voice his objection to the notion Lorial did it for him. And, to be honest, he hadn't been about to object in any case. She must have more grit than it seemed under that pretty face. Rone felt himself grinning. This would be an enjoyable hunt, even if vampires were somewhat terrifying to him. He listened to what she said intently. A Creole dandy? He had never heard of French or Creole, but Rone considered himself a dandy in his own right.

As Claude spoke he cocked an eyebrow and his easy smirk widened. Time to put on the ol' razzle-dazzle. If nothing else, Rone Leah knew how to inspire confidence. Perhaps not in the grizzled one-eyed fellow but at the very least he could let the others know what he had in store. "In my experience, dear Claude, vampires are oft seen in the shadows, where the sun might not burn their elsewise flawless visage. The cliffs and dark forests would be the best place to start! You've hit the nail on the head, you're truly a natural. You might even be able to call yourself a proper tracker one day, with instincts like that!" He flashed his grin at the others, having entirely ignored their introductions. Was the fellow with one eye scowling at him, or at the world? Rone couldn't tell. He squinted at the gruff fellow, and in a moment of inspired comaraderie threw an arm around his shoulders. "Now here's a man who looks the part! Surely you would agree, er. What was your name again?"

Edited by WalkingWarrior

Chet stared at the hand on his shoulder with a frown. He grabbed the dandy's arm and slowly removed it from his back. "Chet Batts, of Ashville. Ex-soldier, thief, murderer," he stared into Rone's eyes, smirking. "Please to make your acquaintance." 

Not bothering to see how the fellow reacted, he turned to Lorial. "Hello, sweetheart. I'm excited to start this journey with you. As for these other fellows, I don't really know if you want to bring them along. I'm basically a professional criminal, with daddy issues of my own. It seems like we would get along quite well."

Chet prayed to the Goddess that she would reply pleasantly, although that seemed unlikely. While Chet usually was one with the ladies, Lorial seemed different. She was a fierce woman, blood-thirsty. He could feel it.

Keiei wanted to laugh louder than we, he normal does. This group was more or less, comical. One guy seemed to want a date more then to help. Another was taking the cold, I say nothing but look tough role. Another, a bit quite but that was to be said of most elves that wondered from home. He know of the kind from his past once again. He had taken the life of many dark elves in his day. He held no ill will towards the kind or anything, just a fun fact. Another that stuck in his mind was the one speaking as if he understood shadows. That had to be worst than the man thinking he could score a alone trip with this girl. If only he really knew who sat before him, he almost wanted to speak his true name to these people so he could watch the fear rush over them. And yes they all had fears, they might try to hide them, mask them or even train them away. But deep down inside, it was there in the darkness. Oh and how Keiei loved to play in the dark.

He would wait for them all to finish there little speaking. His eyes still never leaving her. He could tell my the quickening of her heartbeat or that moment, she felt uneasy around him. Sure this was a guess, but one he had knew was correct. He was used to this effect. Part of his wonderful charm was the feeling of unrest. He should be looking over the others, seeing any falsehood with his Kuro Eyes but it really didnt matter to him. They were pawns in this to him. She had what he wanted and they were here to get her her daddy. He hoped he never fathered kids that would track him down. Chou was enough for him to deal with. At least she was useful.  After hearing the others give insight, he spoke. "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA. Here no there, no tell us more. Have any of you ever tried tracking a vampire? If he is a trueborn, then anything you here is only to mislead you." He says fighting the urge to laugh. "Speaking as a former child of the undead, I assure you he wont be living his life like a dark live in. Though I am sure he is not out sparkling in the sunlight as well. It is not about looking for him, but bringing him to you. He seeks always it never stops. Rather blood, sex or a plaything for sport, seeking is what we do best. But who am I to say? Just a mad man with fangs AHAHAHAHHA" He laughed and oddly the lights flicker a bit.

His words were true but tainted with cockiness and gloating. Speaking as he knew everything when he only had a few ideas. Reactions was what he was watching for. His now glowing golden eyes darted from face to face, person to person. A still, unnerving smile rested upon his carefree face. Appearing childlike yet twisted in the same glance. "Oh and I only offered protection because well why not? I need to be sure I get what I came for. Use my share of your shiny rocks for the rest of the group. I have no need for such earthly things. My prize is so much bigger. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" He said licking his fangs one again, slowly meeting her eyes before returning to doing the same to the others. "Be careful Keiei, your showing a bit. You dont want to have to  change again." a voice seeming to come from his shadow spoke. It was a soft, calmer voice then his. Hardly able to be heard, like whispers in the night.

He continued to remain quiet through the brief course of introductions, only gritting his teeth once. The remainder of the time was rolling the tip of his cigarette between his thumb and forefinger. Absently, he tucked it in his lips again and took a deep, long drag. His eyes passed over the group, thoughts continuing to run through his mind. He cocked his head back and exhaled sharply as it seemed to be his turn again.

"There's no real need for my name, as I will not be hunting that man. I have no reason to hunt that which is already found..."

He dropped his gaze, once more passing over the group before stopping on the woman. Taking a quick drag, he spat out another puff of smoke before continuing.

"I do wish you well on the expedition though. Should you find what you are seeking, madame Lorial, it should prove a most illuminating experience, for you, and your crew."

He subtly dipped his head, and easily uncurled from his chair. With a step back, he turned sharply on his heel and made his way back to his original seat. A fresh glass was waiting for him when he arrived. His companion nodded to him as he retook his seat. The two seemed so very removed from the rest of the rowdy scene. Again, the two returned to quiet conversation and sparse movement, quietly discussing something of the group and the job at hand. Though something seemed to have piqued the interest of the smaller companion. The hooded head would continue to turn to the side at regular intervals, lingering as if trying to discern something. Only once would a quick flash of vibrant pink be noticeable from beneath the thick, sable hood.

The smaller figure leaned in and whispered to the other, "she's nymph-kind..." A wary pair of crimson colored eyes glowed for a moment only to fade into blackness again.

Lorial's eyes followed the dark elf as he left the group.  She was afraid something like this would happen.  That someone would know of her father, and possibly alert him to her search.  That was fine.  She didn't state her intentions to kill him, although she did intend to do just that, as soon as she got a few answers from him.  All he would know is that a long lost daughter was looking for her father.  This actually might work in her favor, if he was curious enough.  She looked back at the group, and could sense the bit of unease at the loss of one of the members.  Time to get this going.

"Iriequil, I have an idea on where I want to start our search.  Besides questioning the elf that just left the table," she said with an amused grin.  "I didn't want to alert my father to my presence, since there is the chance he may be running from me.  I don't know why he would," she made sure to try and sound extra innocent here, though she would run herself if anyone were chasing after her.  "But since we have been compromised, in a way, I'll tell you about my plans for the search further when we leave here.  There are too many prying eyes."  Lorial looked over at the elf again, and could see his small companion peeping at her. 

"And you," she said to the flamboyant human.  "You still haven't given a name.  Unless you'd like to be called the mighty seafarer, and adventurer extraordinaire?"  Her eyebrows shot up and she drank some of her whiskey left on the table.  "It's a bit long for me, so I might come up with another name.  Unless you'd like to share?"

"Chet Batts, of Ashville," she continued, as she addressed the next human.  "You have daddy issues?" she wondered how much issue she'd have once she killed her father.  Now was not the time to reveal that little tidbit though, so she just smiled tightly at the human.  "How....delightful that we have so much in common."  She stared at him for a moment, wondering if he would know she wasn't really delighted.  Others would know.  This Keiei would know, she'd bet. 

She turned to him last, and her eyes narrowed.  "I am only going to pay in gold, Keiei of The Mind of Kuro.  You will get no other prize from me."  She hadn't missed the creepy voice coming out of nowhere.  She had vampire hearing, so of course she heard it.  She just didn't know exactly where it was coming from, or what it meant by insinuating Keiei would have to 'change again.'  He had a hungering darkness and a talking shadow.  She knew he was some kind of creature controlling darkness or shadow.  She'd never met with his kind before though, so she wasn't quite sure what he could do.  She just knew he wielded great power.  She would rather have him on her side than against her.  So, she didn't tell him to leave the group, although maybe she should have.  "You will have to make do with the shiny golden rocks I offer."

Lorial could still feel stares coming from the elf and his companion.  She didn't like the feeling, and she stood up quickly.  "Let's continue this conversation outside.  The night is young, and we still have plenty of time for searching," she said this loudly, hoping the elf heard.  So far, he was the best lead they had.  She wanted him to leave, so she could follow him.  At the door she retrieved her satchel and knife belt. 

She waited outside for the others to join her, a good distance away from the ship/tavern.  She could still keep her eye on it though, and see if the elf and his little friend left.  Once the others were out, and she could tell there was no one around to overhear, she stated her plans.

"I'd like to begin our search as soon as possible.  The elf in there knows something about my father.  I thought about questioning him, but if he wanted to be helpful he would have told us more when he had the chance.  I'm going to follow where he goes and see if he talks to anyone.  Meanwhile, there are three different places that need to be checked out.  One is a place called Warehouse 55, where the Black Rabbit gang stay.  Another is the Veelos Cemetery, where the Servants of Vessna have been known to congregate.  And then there is The Fishing Hole, where we should find the Thieves' Guild.  These are the three biggest factions of gangs in the city."

Lorial put her belt on as she was talking, and kept glancing up at the Rusted Corsair as she did.  She didn't want to miss the elf, and she was a bit distracted so didn't pay enough attention to the males surrounding her.  "I think we would get this done quicker if we split off into groups.  Iriequil, I'd like you, Chet, and...... the mighty adventurer over here," she jabbed a thumb in the other human's direction, "to check out the Black Rabbit gang at Warehouse 55.  Remember, this is strictly to gather information at the moment.  I guess that leaves Keiei with me, watching this dark elf and checking out the Servants of Vessna.  We can then all meet back at the Fishing Hole, to check it out and maybe get a drink.  Unless any of you have any objections?" 

Lorial didn't consider the humans as capable as a more powerful being.  That is why she sent both of them with Iriequil.  She didn't trust Keiei.  He was giving off a little too many dark vibes to be trusted alone with the others.  And maybe, if she spent a little time with him, she could find out what it was he wanted from her.  She didn't plan to give it, but she liked to know who she surrounded herself with.  He might change his mind.  He might decide to leave, once he realizes she wasn't going to give anything but gold.  She had to admit to herself, even with helpful power, she would be more than a bit relieved if he did decide to leave. 

A smirk pulled at the edge of his lips.  Rone's outbursts were amusing, and he found the innocent arrogance a refreshing change from the gloom that lurked in the group.  The gloom was not without reason however, as he noticed his leader's unease with the vague duo that seperated themselves from the party.  He arose when she did.  Keeping stride, he followed her lead, taking his cloak and several weapons from the man at the door who kept watch over the bar patrons' belongings.  He gave a quiet "thank you" to the man and hurried outside with his other companions. Wrapping himself in his coat, he tucked away two daggers within it, and snapped four small pouches onto his belt of various contents.

Watching Lorial eye the other elf suspiciously from outside the establishment, he know that they were going to change plans slightly.  At first he was upset that his comments were dismissed by Lorial, but soon realized that they were dismissed with reason.  He realized that they were at the southern end of the Island because that is likely were her father was, and this was the closest information she had.  This man didn't want to hide peaceably.  To Iriequil, this sort of place would be an obvious hiding spot, but if the vampire was here then that would make the job that much easier.

'Dealing with this kind of man will be trouble,' he thought.  If he were to find a man that made his home in the slums of Veelos, with the unsavory of society, then he would prove a very influential man of many means.  Strength, money, and fear would likely be his means of transportation and influence.  Knowing that, he would have to infiltrate the warehouse and gather information.  A one man job now made three.  

He gave a grunt of disapproval when he was told to check the warehouse.  Though displeased with his unusual hunting he would have to partake in, he understood his role and decided to play it according to his employer's whim.  It wasn't as if he was incompetent, but that he did not prefer such work.  That aside, it still had to get done.  

"Come along then you two.  Let's not waste any more time than we already have."  he said sharply to the accompanying humans, walking towards warehouses for a stealthy approach.

"If the warehouse hides information, we'll get it for Lorial and meet at the Fishing Hole by sunset."  

Rone followed suit with the others, kicking himself that he hadn't included his glorious name in the splendid introduction he'd concocted as he strapped his sword belt back on and checked the curved edge of his blade. He mumbled it while she doled out instruction, for once shamed into silence, and followed Iriequil's lead as they started toward the warehouse in question. He said it again to his new companions, and offered Chet his hand before realizing his cycloptic colleague would probably be happier removing his hand than shaking it.

As they approached Warehouse 55 Rone glanced between his companions. "Gentlemen, I'll be frank," he started, "I hardly know this land. I only just rolled in from the arid plains of Terrenus itself, and so this warehouse and gang are all but unknown to me. As such it may be our best bet for me to go in first and distract them so the two of you might slip in more easily. Buildings like this oft have multiple entrances, and no matter how large the gang is they always miss at least one! I once knew a fellow who called himself the Snake of Stone, and he was an expert in stealth. 'Next to cardboard boxes, windows are the best means to infiltrate an enemy hardpoint,' he always used to say! Bit of an odd fellow, truth be told, quite a fixation on boxes. Claimed he 'belonged' in them." Rone paused to parse the odd memory of the man, then shook it off.

"In any case, any sort of infiltration or interrogation will be made more effective by the ol' bait-and-switch! In this instance, I shall be the bait. I shall dance for these crooks the dance of my homeland! It will surely take all attention from any possible lane of egress." With a flourish he removed one of the silk sashes from his belt to tie it around his head and get his hair out of the way. He was already moving--even if they didn't think it would be a great idea to prance about outside a warehouse full of gangsters Rone had already decided his course.