Mickey Flash

Dark Nature

After some talk, it seemed the group would split up.Keiei was going with the leader and one of the other people and the rest were going...well it didnt matter. He had stopped listen after he found out who he was going to be with. It seemed to be going just had he liked, well mostly. He was not alone with her but it would do. She joke, well to him about not getting anything other than shiny golden rock. She had no idea who she was dealing with. He did however notice the man come and go speaking of knowing who they were looking for. Keiei placed him as who they were looking for or at least a part of it. It was a guess, but he was pretty sure of it. But everyone was leaving and he didnt want to be the last to be ready so he headed out.

He walked outside and took the left side of Lorial smiling oddly. Everyone had don their weapons again and he still found it comical they kept such useless toys. His however was more useful more power and just plan better. Maybe if they were lucky he would show them one day. Maybe where they were going...Where were they going? He had tuned that out too, Maybe he should ask. Letting everyone speak, he turned to her. "So where are we to look? I was not paying attention. I was to busy laughing at the fact you think rocks can buy me. AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA" He laughed."But it is nice to be outside. The dark rushing over me like a nice hug. Makes it so much easier to see. Hopefully you dont miss what I got to see AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Keiei laughed.

He then mad a motion with his hand and four dark butterflies appeared at this side. Two flew off after the other group and the other two remained with him. His little shadow spies. She might not have thought to keep tabs or finding a way to remain in contact, but he had.  He wanted to know more about the people he was with, see how they acted when no one was around. It would make gaining what he wanted ever so much more fun. Lorial was going to be annoyed by having to tell him again but it was part of his game. " If it is somewhere dark and scary, can I take lead? I would love to show the people of this place how to fear the dark HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH." He said showing his boredom. 

"So where are we to look? I was not paying attention. I was to busy laughing at the fact you think rocks can buy me. AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA" He laughed."But it is nice to be outside. The dark rushing over me like a nice hug. Makes it so much easier to see. Hopefully you dont miss what I got to see AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Keiei laughed.

Lorial liked the dark too, although she wished she didn't.  She knew it came from her vampire half, and she tried to resist everything about that side of her.  But the night reminded her of a safe blanket.  She saw beauty in the moon and the stars.  She liked the quiet and solitude.  Over all, it was her favorite time.  Just because she understood his love of the dark did not mean she would share it with him though. 

" If it is somewhere dark and scary, can I take lead? I would love to show the people of this place how to fear the dark HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH." He said showing his boredom. 

"If you do not want rocks, or gold, then what do you want?" she asked irritably.  "And what is with all the creepy laughter and talk of fear?  Is that your thing?  You like to make everyone afraid of you, and the darkness?  Because if so, keep that shit to yourself.  I need help finding a missing person, not trouble."   Lorial didn't know if she was asking for trouble, by not showing fear to an obviously more powerful creature.  He deserved her caution, and at least a healthy dose of wariness from her.   But being so close to her goal, after so long searching, she just didn't have the patience for it now. 

She looked back toward the tavern.  "We aren't going anywhere, right now.  We are going to stand here and watch to see if the dark elf leaves the tavern.  He knows about my father.  We follow where he goes.  If we have to wait too long, I will go inside and search for him."  It wasn't just Keiei she had lost patience with.  She felt the loss of patience with everything at the moment. 

Sighing, she ran her fingers through her hair.  "We might as well talk while we wait.  What are your special tracking skills?  Do you have any ideas on how to find..... my father."  Calling him her father was too good a title for him, but Lorial had nothing else to call him.  She didn't want to show her intense dislike for him, and her desire to kill him, to these hunters at all.  Granted, some of them might not care, like Keiei.  But if he did want her father to be alive, she would have a hard time to get around him.  No, she would keep her intentions to herself. 

The pair remained in quiet discussion at the bar, all the while very aware of the group's sudden departure. A vile grin crept across the large male's lips. Sharply filed teeth glinted behind his painted on smile, his eyes almost dancing in the light. His companion perked up at the obvious change in the man's demeanor, seemingly aware of what it meant.

"You fully intend to play with them, don't you?"

"What ever do you happen to mean, my dearest, little Hixel? Do you intend for me to merely go gallivanting around with a bunch of feeble-minded treasure seekers? Bah."

The male knocked back his brandy and slammed the glass upon the bar top. He quickly motioned for the barkeep, raising the empty glass. His hands busied themselves preparing a fresh cigarette, while the man awaited a fresh pour. One could tell he was slightly irritated, but nothing a bit of drink and batter would not soothe. He brushed aside his hair before turning to the his small companion once again.

"They believe they are well equipped to go chasing kingpins and tromping through hostile territories. None seem to have any remote idea of what Veelos is really about, much less who they hope to find. The whole thing is a farce. The young woman you seem to believe a nymph, is fully ready to pursue one of our esteemed colleagues..."

"I heard," the female voice spat. A saccharine sweetness permeated her tone, but a hostile quality seemed to remain. "She picked a fine one to go after. I'm sure the bastard has sired his fair share in his time. The cocky prick has been due to be checked." She moved abruptly, throwing off her consuming black hood. Long locks of piercing pink tumbled down about her petite figure. "And another thing," she barked as she produced a rather sizable looking cigar, "I really do not care for that ego-maniacal has been she has licking at her heels. All the talk of darkness and cackling, she's found some real characters, that lady."

"I am quite aware of their potential, however, their true prowess remains to be seen. Crazy or egotistical any of them may be, but sane or not, any could pose a potential problem. You would do well to remember that, Hixel dear. I have had to... recover your mistakes innumerable times because of your haste. Do remember that. I would hate to see you fall upon hard times, yet again..."

The male snatched the little female's cigar and lit his cigarette before tossing it back to her. Each puffed away quietly, considering the details and variables of their new position. The male downed another glass, finishing it in the same fashion as before. He took a long drag from his cigarette before turning about upon his stool. His gaze fixed upon the hazy windows facing the street.

"We still have to deal with whoever decided to stay behind. I am more than a little certain that someone would be assigned to follow us. Having prior knowledge of their target is at least worthy of some manner of investigation. They did not even bother to press us for information, much less assault us. Pity."

He exhaled slowly, letting a slow trail of smoke spiral up from his lips. The game had begun, and he had multiple moves still open to him. The pawn would worry and move to the king, yet he knew well enough that the man in question would know of the young woman all too soon. His problem was losing whatever tail, or avoiding whatever trap lay in wait for the duo.

"Hixel, we have work to do... but let us use the other door."

The tall man collected himself and rose from his stool. He would move quietly along the bar and into the background, quickly becoming lost behind the bar itself. His companion would waste little time finishing her drink and following suit.

Elsewhere, the sounds of laughter and glasses accompanied rather cozy scene set by dim light and vibrant green felt.

Listening patiently, he observed the surrounding warehouses that harbored the city's supplies.  The shadows of morning overlapped and lurked where there were structural weaknesses of the buildings. The building in question however, just in sight at the far edge of the complex, was much less penetrable than the others, and proposed a perplexing inquiry as to how they would get information from the gang that resided within.  Midday was not far, and soon the shadows would retreat.  It would not be easy to infiltrate, and if they were caught it would mean almost certain death.  Unwilling to take those odds, Iriequil thought of a plan to openly walk in, a more direct approach utilizing the gang's desire for wealth.  If he could masquerade as a man offering them wealth in return for information, that just might be their ticket in to the lair of the beast unharmed. 

Then, Rone took his sash and tied his hair back, mentioning distracting the gang with a dance of his people.  Iriequil eyes widened and he shot his arm toward Rone, grabbing the young man by his shirt and yanking him back  The elf was aware of the darker aspects of Orisia, and was not willing to have a team member killed due to ignorance the vagrants and murderers that lingered in the port city of Veelos.  

"Have you no inkling of what lurks beyond the warehouses? A jest will not grant you nor I access." he growled, irritated by the lack of safety exhibited.  "These thugs would send two savages to hunt you down, while the rest lingered behind, and while that's two less savages to deal with, when you're facing a conglomerate of thirty or so, such a difference is hardly worth your life."  He released Rone, sighing as he composed himself.  "No, we will find another way.  A safer way.  Lorial said that we were only looking for information.  Having to draw blood is directly disobeying her, and while you may be fine with that, I am bound by my word to follow her wishes.  We are being hired by her, so we do things her way; peaceably, until stated otherwise.

"Perhaps we could simply appeal to the gang, explaining vaguely our desire to talk to an old friend, that we have something for him, and if they cooperate, we will come in to more wealth, that we would be happy to share.  Would you, or would you not agree that this is a far more lucrative venture?"

Edited by Artisan of Soul

Rone wheezed when he was released and rubbed at his throat. "If you've a better plan, say so, good fellow! No need to gag me so sharply as that." He made it a point to step a little further back from Iriequil, who seemed less and less friendly by the moment. Rone supposed maybe the pointed ears made him feel somehow superior to his human companions. He shrugged as the elf outlined his plan. "Greed might motivate sharply enough, but it seems a vague premise at best. Why would they not simply slit our throats and spare themselves the trouble? P'raps t'would be a better idea to pretend to be leaders of a rival gang seeking audience with their boss, a means to greater profit for all. That manner of thing always works out for the best. Ay, Chet?"

Rone paused and looked around. "Chet?" He frowned. "Where'd he go off to? Did you yank him around, too? Damn--I hope he's not left, I rather liked being severely disapproved of."

"Fear me? Why would I want anyone to fear me? AHAHAHAHAAH. People in fear do all kinds of silly things and who wants that? That would be boring. Fears are better left to be studied for much much grander things." Keiei said with a wicked grin on his face,  "My laugh is simply that, I enjoy a good laugh. You dont laugh? Such a sad life that would be. Maybe that is a part of your fear and why you seek your daddy. Well that and other fun reasons I am sure. And that is part of the reason I am here. I want to enjoy your quest into the unknown and meet on of the old kind if I might. You and your daddy are a different make than I was. I would like to gather a sample of that. Well at least thats all for now. Might change on my whims. AHAHAHAHA" Keiei said turning towards the door.

"So we sit and wait, how boring. I could just bring him into my world. I am sure he would sing everything he knows. But that does get a little messy AHAHAHAH" He said licking his fangs. "As far as my skills go, that depends on the need. I can change how I look at will or fade into the shadows. I can breath life into the darkness and feed of the sick and fearful. My little Butterflies and track pretty much anything and anyone id like. I sent two after the other party already. I have other skills but no need to tell you everything on the first date. AHAHAHAHAHAHAH" He laughs turning to her. "So what can you do? I have told you about me and my desires, why not tell me yours. You might like whispering in my ears," Keiei said, eyes flickering brightly.

Lorial listened attentively to Keiei, as she watched for the dark elf.  His comments on fear and his laugh didn't ring true for her.  He was keeping something hidden.  She did a mental shrug.  It did not concern her, as of yet, and until it did she didn't really give a shit.  He was also trying to hit a sore spot with his questioning on why she was wanting to find her 'daddy.'  Instead of finding out something from her, she found out something from him.  He talked of wanting to meet one of the old ones, which she assumed was her father.  Then he said they were different types of vampires than him, and he wanted a sample.  When most vampires wanted a sample, they wanted a taste of some blood.  Lorial didn't want to be handing out any of her blood to this powerful being.  She might not live through it. 

When he talked of being bored sitting there, she had to agree.  She didn't know what he was talking about with bringing the elf into his world, but she assumed it wouldn't be pleasant. 

His list of skills were impressive, and even more chilling when he started to tease about it being a date.  This was all fun and games to him.  She couldn't help but be amused when he talked of her whispering in his ears.  "I am your garden variety vampire," she whispered with a wink.  Then she spoke with more volume as she began to list, "Strength, speed, heightened senses, a certain influence over others," she said, making it purposely vague, "and then my mother's side.  Plants like me," she teased, knowing she was making it sound girly and weak.  No need to tell him all her abilities. 

She turned toward the tavern they'd just left a short while before.  "I have no patience," she said as she twirled the tips of her hair with her fingers.  She looked at Keiei.  "I'm going inside to see if he's still there.  You can come with, if you want, or you can stay out here.  It's up to you." 

Lorial moved swiftly toward the door, going in so fast she couldn't be seen by the normal being.  She bypassed the weapon check, and went straight into the tavern.  Looking around, she caught no sight of the elf.  "Shit, he's gone."  Disappointed, Lorial squared her shoulders and turned to the entrance.  A guard was standing there, an ax in his hand as he stared at her.  "Oops," she said.  She must have been seen coming in with the weapons after all. 

Edited by Mickey Flash

The pair stood side by side, just outside a basement entry. They had taken a thieves' exit route from the tavern, as they were wont to do. Neither was sure of the exact distance they were from the Rusted Corsair. Regardless of whatever it was, it was more than sufficient. They merely needed a head start and a sufficient distraction for their getaway. The pair remained still for the moment, smoking as they devised their next course of action. There was a possibility of a payoff if they warned the man that was to be 'hunted.' There were also other payoffs for various 'end' scenarios, if something were to happen to that man. Neither of the duo had a strong inkling in that direction. Doing nothing seemed much more advantageous.

"You know, he could be worth something to someone... aside from that girl..."

"Removing him from play would solve nothing..."

"You know, you don't always have to be so damned negative!"

"Stating a fact does not make me negative."

"And always sounding so well-informed, and aloof. No wonder nobody likes you."

"At least I can bide my time and hold my tongue."

The small figure hissed at the larger. They could continue this argument for days, but the truth was they were truly bored. There was little need for them to be anywhere, or do anything. Money had been quiet stable for them in recent times, work was equally plentiful. It was not hard to find someone wanting a hit carried out with such an active criminal element as Veelos happened to have.The little nymph pushed back her hood and looked up at the taller, massive figure of elf. "You know, we could just have fun with them. We don't really have to take them anywhere, or say anything. With your little tip in the bar, they're going to want to find us. We have information. We also have no real reason to run..."

"That may be so, but I have yet to decide myself." The male paused, taking a long drag from his cigarette. As he spoke, the tails of smoke cascaded off his dark tinted lips. "To be honest, we could just disappear altogether. But no, we shall see about this woman and her father. I am the slightest bit curious as to how the two get on." He smirked, musing over the possible outcomes of such a meeting.

"You're really considering going along with that crew of weirdos? You're insane, Lit. You've really gotten screwed in the head lately. It's not worth your time. Hell, it's not worth my time!"

"Quiet! It is not like we actually have to provide any aid to them. We can merely follow their travels. They were headed to that graveyard, right? You know the one."

The pair looked at each other for a moment. Each with a nod, they turned a began to make for the appointed location. It would likely still take the group a little time to arrive there, but it would allow for the pair to settle into their surroundings. A show just was not a show without proper seating.

And elsewhere, the sound of laughter had died away. The tinkling, clacking sound of metal running through a wheel carried over the conversation. Cries broke out as the sound stopped. "Zee house, she takes eet all!" cut through the raucous sounds of the gathered crowd. The sound of chips clacking and being stacked was accompanied by a devious little chuckle. One by one, the crowd departed the grand table of rosewood and felt. All that remained was the dealer, clad in a brilliant violet suit and smile that was cut from ear to ear. He moved with an exotic grace. Each movement was graceful, yet seemed to be brimming with strength. Chips creaked as he stacked them, crying from the pressure and haste of his actions.

"Damn, it does feel good. Will winning ever lose its sweetness? I think not!" The man chuckled again; the sounds of a band playing carried on in the background.

Iriequil sighed and shook his head.  "Chet didn't follow us when we left the Rusted Corsair.  I had no hand in his disappearance.  Now hush, this is time for us to work together, not point fingers.  Let me lead the conversation, and if they get stabby -- well I hope your skills are as sharp as your mouth." 

They made their way around to the front of the warehouse and Iriequil waved to get the attention of the four men guarding the front entrance.  The men sat around a table of cards, gambling with what money they had.  Two were of a common build, one with brown hair and the other with blonde, one was tall and muscular, while another was tall and lanky.  They did not seem too imposing as they laughed and played cards, but Roan and Iriequil were not idiots.  They knew that things could turn quickly if they didn't hear the right words.

The air was unpleasant and carried the scent of garbage with it.  Not a strong smell, but enough to have Iriequil realize why this was a thieves hideout and not a common place of business.  As they approached, he reached into his pouch and pulled out a small dart, balancing the tool in his hand and judging distance casually without so much as a pause in step.  With a swift flick of the wrist, it shot forth and narrowly missed piercing the lanky one's hand, as it instead took his cards with it as it flew past the table. .

"Hey!" he snapped, angry that his game was cut short, to which Iriequil replied with a formal greeting and a gracious bow.  The men were quick to anger, but at the very least he now had their undivided attention.  "I'm not in the mood for games, and so I'll be brief.  We're tracking a vampire and need information on it's whereabouts.  Male, older, and quite peculiar in taste of fights and women.  No dance of law, no beating around the bush, no hidden agenda, just gold for information." 

They were not impressed by his display of dexterous throws, nor his demands for information.  The muscle head and the blonde both rose from their seats to greet the elf with their special kind of hospitality.  Exactly as expected.  He held a dart close to his lips and whispered to it, giving it a faint green glow, then threw it at the man closest to him and watched it land square on his forehead.  The man was confused at first, pulled the dart from his forehead and began to fully process his rage.  He roared "I'll tear out your kidneys!" and charged Iriequil.  

The sound of slush against stone was never before so satisfying.  The bull of a man was now doubled over, vomiting from the toxic enchantment that now pulsed through his blood.  An arrogant smirk appeared on the elf's lips as he revealed the dagger within his coat.  "I'm one impressive shot with a bow, decent with darts, and excessively bloody good with daggers.  Very bloody.  So shall we continue sacrificing yourselves to the forest's emissary or can we cooperate?"  

"You're a freak!" the blonde shouted.   "Quick kill this shaman before he can pull any more tricks."  His companions, who had just now risen from their chairs at the sight of their comrade revealing his breakfast, were somewhat disturbed and weary of the elf so they only waited as the blonde attacked.. The one who was able to combat Iriequil drew his sword and took a swing at the elf.  A graceful and distracting flourish of his cloak, the elf evaded the attack completely.  He had plenty of room to ready another enchantment on another dart quickly and quickly put the combative man down.  The blonde spasmed as he vomited, dry heaving violently once all his stomach's contents were relieved.  The two at the table were now clearly shaken by this display of power and were likely to be passive.  With a heavy sigh, he collected his darts and walked closer to the two men guarding the door. 

He opened a second pouch that was looked to be filled with about a hundred gold, but was just a few gold lined atop a pouch full of small ball bearings.  "This is only a fragment of what we'll pay if the information we get turns out to be good.  But for now, just tell whomever is in charge that we request a meeting.  The sooner we get this over with, the more valuable we'll deem your cooperation, and the more you're likely to get paid in the end." 

The men were suspicious at first, and reluctant to agree, but as Iriequil grasped another dart and began to enchant it, they were very willing to do as they were told.  Another triumphant smirk was turned towards Roan.  "See?  Easy.  They're doing as I said and it's not taking too much effort to do it." 

Once the doors were opened and they were urged inside, Iriequil flung the glowing dart at the doorman, causing his to collapse from the foul magic.  "I'm not walking into the lion's den.  Have him come out an meet me.  What kind of idiot do you take me for?"

They stepped back from the doorway, prepared to handle a long bought with the gang.  Several minutes passed, and Iriequil and Roan were scanning their surroundings, searching for any sign of movement.  Instead, a middle aged man appeared in the doorway, looking tired and disheveled as if he had just woken up.  His long, raven black hair hung almost at his hips and his goatee that gave him a roguish appeal.  His skin was tanned a light mocha, and his features were chiseled and strong.  Wearing a coat with it's sleeved rolled up, it was apparent that tattoos covered both his arms and a long scar trailed across his right forearm that disrupted their beauty.  He was  the man in charge of rumors and information that had been gathered by the gang, sorting them out from fact and fantasy.  Few knew his name, and fewer lived to spread it.

"It's been a while since I've seen an elf, but then again, it's been longer since I've seen a new elf."  He sounded tired, and seemed disinterested in his guests as they stood across from him.  "You're a common face around the southern part of the island, elf.  Newbies freak out every time they see one of your kind, or a devil, wandering around and I get called up to reassure them that, 'yes, they do exist, and yes, you are an idiot." A friendly smile spread on his lips as he gazed upon the three men incapacitated by Iriequil's magic.  "That's one hell of a technique.  I'll be sure to document that later.  Anyways, what did you need?  Information right?  Vampires?  Well that'll cost you, so how much are you willing to pay?  They said you've got a pouch full of gold, but I doubt that."  

Holding the seven gold to his name, the elf shrugged as the man scoffed at such a small wager.  "And what about you?" he asked, motioning to Roan.  "Don't be wasting my time or I'll have my boys slit your throats."  He saw looked to the guards heaving and snickered.  "Probably fill you with bolts instead.  I can't have my men getting close enough for that to happen." 

Edited by Artisan of Soul

From the moment Iriequil poisoned the first guard Rone Leah realized he'd gotten himself into a bad situation with even worse people. The elf's aggression and arrogance would be the end of them--the heaving men on the ground would be sure to remember their trampled pride once the magic wore off. The notion of dancing and distracting these men seemed more appealing by the second. Rone glanced over when the boss gestured to him and scoffed. "Old man, I'm still wet from the boat ride into this diseased city." Inspiration struck him as irritation plowed through his usual gumption. He made a sweeping gesture toward the entire area. "Do you think we would be so stupid as to carry a sack of gold into a place like this? What fools do you take us for? Do we seem as thick as your hired help?"

To emphasize his point Rone kicked one of the heaving men over. "No! Of course we aren't. And so of course we aren't carrying a sack of precious gold WITH us. Whether or not it exists is beside the point entirely." He turned back to the man and glanced at Iriequil, then jerked his thumb at the elf. "For the record, you can try to slit his throat, but I wouldn't recommend it. If you think he's bad without prodding just try throwing a knife at his neck. He'll have your boys--aye, and you, sad to say--bloody and dead before the first bolt flies. But back to the point. This isn't a question of what we have, but what we COULD have. You see, the vampire we're tracking, he's strong. Capable! Surely very much a match for anyone who comes after him. But our employer is stronger, faster, smarter--and she would most certainly be very grateful for any assistance."

Rone spread his arms. "You are no fool, yes? You catch my drift, I see it in your eyes. You would earn a favor from one of the strongest creatures in the city, as well as a hefty sum. Should your intelligence be correct, that is. It is a simple deal. You tell us what you know, and we act on it. If it gives good returns, you profit. If not, then no harm will come to you or your men. Our employer is not so low as to commit massacres in exchange for simply being wrong." The man tried to speak, but Rone kept right on going. "Furthermore, now knowing the strength of our benefactor, you can be sure any harm that comes to us will be met with a massacre. So, please. Tell us what you know, and allow the night to proceed apace."

The older fellow glanced between the elf and the human, one shrewd eyebrow cocked high. Rone was right about one thing--he was no fool. One didn't reach middle age in the criminal world by being an idiot, as his men were learning while writhing on the filthy ground. And, truth be told, he was tired. Too tired to stand outside haggling over the worth of information. Rone seemed a babbling fool, but the man could appreciate the guts it took to look danger in the eye and concoct as many lies as he had with even an ounce of credibility. He sighed and reached into his robe to produce a cigar, which he lit and took a few slow, thoughtful puffs from before gesturing.

"I don't know much. There's rumors here and there about shipments moving in and out of the city. Me and my boys, we don't fuck with the drug trafficking. Too high-risk. Plenty of money, but unpredictable. Too easy to get duped. Rumor has it that's just what's going on. Some fool tried to dupe the wrong man. They say his body was found flayed clear of skin and sucked dry of every last ounce of blood. Exaggeration, probably. Either way, fact is, man tried to screw someone over, got dead for his trouble. He was operating on the northern part of the city, near the forest. He ran his gang out of an old beached tanker ship, turned it into some sort of drug den. Going there's dangerous, but I figure if you two go poking into a dangerous place it might save me the trouble of killing you." He took a deeper drag off his cigar and blew the smoke out of the side of his mouth. "That qualify as 'actionable intelligence', kid?"

Rone gave a sweeping bow. "Time shall tell, o father of crime. Best of luck with your lawbreaking." Before Iriequil could say anything Rone grasped his arm and yanked the elf away and well down the street before turning on him. "Everything you did was unnecessary. Have you ever asked a criminal syndicate for information before? The LAST thing you do is trample their pride. Make them respect you, yes, but not hate you. Regardless of what that oldster says, his men will want to hurt you now. And I got what we needed without throwing a single dart! Imagine that!" He threw his hands up and marched ahead. "North, then! To find this bloody vampire." After a moment he turned around and marched in the opposite direction, gesturing severely to Iriequil. "And now you've gone and confused my internal compass! Pah!"

Half listening half watching her reactions Keiei knew there was more to what she was telling him. It would be unwise of her to fully trust him. For the most part, only trust in him should be that he is going to do what he wanted. "Plants you say? I know a fellow who has the gift of creating his own plants from nothing. Bit of a annoying fellow. Way to much of a huger of trees for my liking. Maybe if you are lucky I might show you how to truly use your gifts, such a shame you dont know the power you can do. AHAHAHAHAHA. Might mean a second date." He said as she turns to leave to check on the man. "Silly youth, always rushing into stuff. I will surely follow you, the view might just be worth it AHAHAHAH"

As she runs back to the inn, Keiei watches to see what she will do. And of course she burst in the door to notice he not only had left, but now she was holding a weapon in this bar. "Rookies" he thought as he turned to his shadow. "Well what are you waiting for, go get her. I will work on tracking him with Chou. Now go!" Keiei orders as his shadow takes off into the darkness. It danced along the ground moving through the shaded night till it reached her own shadow. As a hunter finding its prey, it pounced upon her. A warm embrace of darkness fell upon her like stars burning out in the night sky. Pulling down with it, it left no traces she was even there. The rising from the spot it once was, a copy of her appeared, looking as to give up her weapons and be taken in if need be. One of his many tricks to avoid being caught. She would only see darkness until she was standing back beside Keiei who was smiling.

"You owe me for that you know. About as reckless as your other group. You know they almost got killed trying to gather information right? My little Cho told me all about it. You know the ones I told you I sent out to track, the ones that can track people, people we are looking for AHAHAHAHAHA" Keiei pointed out. "I sent two Cho out. One to track the group, the other to watch the other fellow. Granted, he has slipped by me though a unknown door inside. I DO have a way to find him. Smoking is not only bad for you, but makes a wonder way of being found. So when you are ready, we can start to find him. That is unless you want to keep getting yourself in trouble. I might not be able to save you, well I could but might not AHAHAH" Keiei laughed.

Meanwhile elsewhere, a Dark little fairy floated about annoyed. She had found the cho and was pulling information from it. Type of smoke used, path might have gone, speed and distance they have went. All work she didnt want to do. How could he have sent her to do this? This was beneath her. It was that girl he was playing with. What was he trying to do with her? Stupid girl was not even worth his time. He better get what he wants from her. Maybe once she was her, Chou could have a little fun. I mean, not like she could die....

Lorial felt the slide of darkness overtake her, and she felt her mind go dark as well. When she came to, it was to see Keiei's smiling face. A shiver went up her spine, as she realized the total control Keiei's darkness had over her. It was as if she'd fallen into a deep, dark sleep. She now could understand the anger her victims had when she used her influencing touch on them. The feeling of losing control over oneself can make you feel vulnerable, a virtual slave. Lorial was about to blast Keiei with her anger, but then heard what he had to say.

"You owe me for that you know. About as reckless as your other group. You know they almost got killed trying to gather information right? My little Cho told me all about it. You know the ones I told you I sent out to track, the ones that can track people, people we are looking for AHAHAHAHAHA" Keiei pointed out. "I sent two Cho out. One to track the group, the other to watch the other fellow. Granted, he has slipped by me though a unknown door inside. I DO have a way to find him. Smoking is not only bad for you, but makes a wonder way of being found. So when you are ready, we can start to find him. That is unless you want to keep getting yourself in trouble. I might not be able to save you, well I could but might not AHAHAH" Keiei laughed.

Lorial did a fake as hell laugh right along with Keiei.  She let the laugh fade purposely, letting him know she was really not amused.  "That shadow thing, the one that took me over?  That was..... unpleasant.  Don't do it again."  It was more than unpleasant.  It was infuriating.  She had a brief moment where she thought of touching his skin.  Her influencing touch would have taken him over, and he would have known what it felt like.  But Lorial knew that would be overkill.  "I could have taken care of myself.  And I know how to control my power," she said with a flip of her hair. 

Taking it down a notch, Lorial straightened her clothes.  Keiei had planted spies that knew things she wanted to know.  At this point in time, she needed him.  She didn't like that fact, and didn't like his high handed attitude.  That didn't change the fact that he knew things.  She sighed.  "That being said, I can also recognize when I need the help of someone else," she tried not to look unhappy about this, though that is how she felt.  "You have knowledge that I can use.  So, what do you know?  And how much will it cost me?"   

The sounds of a jazz band playing in the noir style filled the modest gambling hall. It was not huge but for what space it lacked, it made up for in luxury. Rich textures and wood grains adorned the wall and furniture; the smell of leather and fine tobacco mingled in the air. Everything wad illuminated by oil or gas lamp. Rich, velvety drapery consumed any light that may slip through the odd window. It was L'Spade 's private little den of debauchery and swindling, but the guest list was extremely limited. The only thing grander than the titles allowed in were the pocket books that came along. L'Spade had very fine taste, and such taste required deep pockets. In the end, his business endeavors were really just the means to an end. He had the sophistication and pallette of a very wealthy man, but he had been low born. Is it not a man's prerogative to make himself? Were the classics not based upon men of character, self-made and all that jazz?

It did not matter to him. He was what he had built for himself. A few extra gifts never hurt his abilities to harness such business either. It only increased his influence and charm. He was actually surprised there were not more of his particular breeding in his line of business. Late nights, dark environments, and all the murder and mayhem one could handle. It suited him just fine. He did however have only one minor regret throughout his life. There had never been any others to pass along his knowledge or skills. Whether he had been in his present state, or that of a mortal, he had never formed a bond with any. He was king of the hill, so to speak. There was ample wealth to go around, but he did not dwell on the obvious lack of a queen in his court. He was never at a loss for entertainment, nor lustful endeavors.

L'Spade had a good run this night, emptying several wallets, and gaining several more inheritances. He was quite pleased as he continued to stack and replace all of the spent chips. Soon, he would go back to his little counting room and savor the night's work before stepping out briefly for a light snack. As he finished straightening the roulette table, he looked about the empty room, save for the musicians. Everyone had left by now, and yet they remained as if nothing had chsnged. Waving his hand to dismiss them, the group vanished into thin air. The lights, too, reacted to his movement. As he left the room, the gas lamps all went low and the oil lamps went out. He would go seek the comfort of an easy chair and count his gains...

'L'Spade, there's some news,' beckoned a runner as hastened footsteps echoed in the marbled atrium. 'Some group is hunting a vampire, a 'dandy' vampire.'

Across the city, two hooded figures were making their way toward massive iron gates. A trail of smoke rose in their wake. The smaller one puffed away like a steam engine in the night. There they would make arrangements for a warm welcome. The residents were a lively bunch, but not without some gentle persuasion of course. There was also the matter of the local gang to address. A group of zealots who spent most of their time doped up in some crazed state of trance. Lit would have to send Hixel to meet with them. He was certain they would appreciate the company. They may even get a few answers.

"Children of undeath and dregs of the old crone. Come, welcome us to your humble home. We precede some new friends eager to meet you all!"

Iriequil snickered as Rone got turned around and shrugged while he waited for him to fix his direction.  His human companion was an interesting fellow.  He was quite the showman, quite full of emotion, ideals rights and wrongs even when dealing with gangs, and a healthy fear for danger.   Iriequil thought that for  a human, he was the best kind.  Following next to him, Iriequil spoke in a soft and friendly tone, only loud enough for Rone to hear.  

"First we should report back to the others.  Find them at the Fishing Hole.  As for your concerns with my methods, we have the information.  We are both alive.  I fear no gang, and they are right to fear me.  Thus is the way the world is.  You might find it less stressful if you thought with such simplicity, rather than complicating them with pride and grudges.  Should they seek me, they will find more pain.  Should they leave me be, they will keep their lives as I left them."  

He smiled faintly, a painted smile that didn't appear to hold emotion as he questioned Rone.  "Yet, you speak as if you know gangs well.  Have you ever partaken in their activities?" 

"Perhaps you possess the speed to dodge two dozen bolts fired in unison, my knife-eared friend, but I do not." Rone couldn't quell his frustration. Think with simplicity? It couldn't be more clear that he was not human in this moment. He stopped where he walked and turned back on Iriequil, lifting his finger to point at the elf. "I think with great simplicity, but I don't see the need to compromise honor and respect for a direct solution." All at once he realized he was perhaps getting much too heated with the very wrong person, and lowered his hand with a grimace. 

The elf did have a point. Lorial would want to know. He sighed and nodded. "Back to the bar, then, to speak with our employer." He doubted she would reward the gang in any way, but he'd have to ask anyway. His pride demanded it. Rone glanced over when he asked about his past and shook his head. "No, I never was in a gang. I learned of honor and respect from the children of living gods. It leaves somewhat of an impression to hear the son of war himself speak of honoring your fellow man, be him criminal or heartfelt citizen alike." Rone paused. "They were good people. Left a good impression. Let's hurry, I'd like to be paid and done with this before you get me killed."