Voting has reset for the month of July. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

  • Announcements

    • supernal

      Vote for Valucre [July]   05/16/2017

      Voting for the month of July is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
Words^3

Hello. My name is Words. Cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime that I admit to liking in public. Evangelion is my "secret" favorite. Thank you.

12 posts in this topic

Hey, folks. Been lookin' around for a casual writing spot for quite a while.

You guys seem to come up every time I google "best RP site" and then move on to something else, because I'm intimidated by the amount of lore you have.

That said, every site I've ever been on over the years seems to have dried up. Yet, here you remain.

Guess it's time to dig in.

I don't write as well as my minor in creative writing might suggest, but I try my best. I'm interested in digging into your systems and maybe making something worth reading with some of the free time I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evangelion? Cowboy Beebop? I thought that you would choose something even BETTER, Like Wolf's Rain, The Big "O", Gate, Is this a Zombie Of the Dead, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Sailor Moon Crystal, Dragonball Super S, Guilty Crown, Assassination High School, FLCL, Ranma 1/2, My Neighbor Totoro...... You know.....REAL Anime...

 

Welcome to Valucre....I guess.

 

Benny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Words :)  Don't be intimidated by the lore.  Just jump right into a thread.  Since you're a new member to the site I suggest you check out The Tavern of Legends.  It's a good place to start.  Have fun, and welcome to Valucre. 

Words^3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because we are the best muahahhaa.

Agreed that the amount of lore looks crazy (and impressive), but you don't have to know all of it. You can start with a city/area, and read up on just that city/area's lore. If you have any particular setting you would like to play in, just ask, and experienced players or the board leaders would be happy to point you to a specific area! Then you won't have to plough through the lore to find the right setting, though they are a pleasure to read.

Welcome to Valucre!

pssst.. There was a discussion on anime that was started a short while ago, I wonder if you saw it? http://www.valucre.com/topic/29867-any-otaku/

supernal and Words^3 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mickey Flash said:

Hello Words :)  Don't be intimidated by the lore.  Just jump right into a thread.  Since you're a new member to the site I suggest you check out The Tavern of Legends.  It's a good place to start.  Have fun, and welcome to Valucre. 

Thanks, Mickey! Yep, I started writing in there just after I joined. It's pretty cool that thread exists. Wish more RP forums had something like that.

7 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

Because we are the best muahahhaa.

Agreed that the amount of lore looks crazy (and impressive), but you don't have to know all of it. You can start with a city/area, and read up on just that city/area's lore. If you have any particular setting you would like to play in, just ask, and experienced players or the board leaders would be happy to point you to a specific area! Then you won't have to plough through the lore to find the right setting, though they are a pleasure to read.

Welcome to Valucre!

pssst.. There was a discussion on anime that was started a short while ago, I wonder if you saw it? http://www.valucre.com/topic/29867-any-otaku/

Thanks, Jaistylyn! Good ideas. I think I might want to dig into Nich'e a bit.

Edited by Words^3
supernal likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!  Welcome to Valucre!  I'm glad you are liking it.  I can see that you are already enjoying the Tavern of Legends.  I've been here a few days but it's actually that tavern that intimidates me, as I don't want to read 27 pages just to write "I walk in and get a beer."  And I don't understand what Season 1 and Season 2 are.

So props to you for biting the bullet and diving in!  Good luck and have fun!

 

Words^3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stalwartian said:

Hello!  Welcome to Valucre!  I'm glad you are liking it.  I can see that you are already enjoying the Tavern of Legends.  I've been here a few days but it's actually that tavern that intimidates me, as I don't want to read 27 pages just to write "I walk in and get a beer."  And I don't understand what Season 1 and Season 2 are.

So props to you for biting the bullet and diving in!  Good luck and have fun!

 

I kind of cheated by saying that I had already been there. So, I skipped all the initial shock and awe. Hope to see you there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's essentially what you should be doing guys and gals! I think Acies updates the first post with anything relevant/big in detail, otherwise the last few posts should suffice to tell you what's going on for a character just walking into the tavern (or someone that's been there) but you don't have to verse yourself with the whole thing!

Words^3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha! I saw that earlier when I was making my new character.

I'll need to make reference to it in the thread IC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.