Rin

Rowan; Scaling the Heights of Tragedy

Darkness... Her darkness was with every life she had taken for personal gain. Familiar and otherwise. The things she and Raxus did to feed their need for power and greed. Demons died for their blood, humans died to so they could keep that blood and sell it. It had been nothing but a vicious cycle; one where she had done the bidding and killing whenever told to do so. With no gain in the end save for loneliness and an empty broken heart. If anyone can even call those true prizes.

What Ianthe had perceived as the end of her life, transformed into something much worse. Although every portion of her mind was dipped in the inky charcoal suffocating it, there was more to rise to the surface. Dredged up from depths she long thought locked away and never to be seen again. So petrified had she been in the last few years of her life after the terror mansion, she'd completely forgotten herself, her life, her true nature. To destroy. Only half by nature, it is enough for Rinoa's seed to take hold of and tear away from her. To bend and turn into a will fit for the darkness it had originally been born from to begin with. Brought back, resurrected and reused. Implementing it as a weapon just as before.  

These things were not new to her, but they would become fresh. Clear. Clean. In the end she would no longer be that Ianthe, or her own Ianthe, but Rinoa's.

The further in the tendrils twisted, the farther away from herself she became. Unraveling and untamed, back in that place where Rax-... No...who is... There is no one there, there is nothing. And in the end that's what she has become to herself. Nothing, a ball of clay to be molded by the hands of a captor she holds nothing but demented infatuation for. 

And as she falls, Rinoa is the one to catch her. The only thing for her to do is be caught in the woman's web. Grateful for life, grateful foe emptiness, grateful of certainty that she doesn't even know she's never felt before. 

And another falls...

Rin said as she let go of Ianthe. The girl was unfortunate to run into Rin and fall into her web. She played the facade of good well. The half breed placed her hands on the shoulders of Ianthe. She had claimed the girl as hers as she did those she deemed worthy to become demons in her eyes. Well, not mindless as many came. Rin then leaned in by Ianthe's ear as she spoke again with the thick Athenthian accent. 

Lets see... Your skin will become alabaster as I make you a northern Athenthian demon. Your eyes of orange and yellow. And what a beast you'll be. Sit at my feet, kneel before me. Ascend.

The magi that stirred in the air would be more like an electrical current coursing through Ianthe. Her body lapped it up as the tendrils moved within her, unlocking more of the dark hidden memories and secrets that Ianthe hid. Rin would mold her into something she hated. A lustful fearless tyrant. It was here Ianthe exploded then, awoken into a new form. Her hair curled and falling mid back, coloured black and periwinkle blue. Her eyes would be a heterchroma orange and yellow. Her bosom, waist, thighs and legs would swell outwards giving her a voluptuous form. A tail grew near her butt and came crashing to the ground. She had claws and fangs. Horns under her hair. 

However, Rin was the one to remake her mind. The moon mark on Ianthe's neck was more of Rin's ownership. She was now hers. Ianthe would remember the false memories that she had placed in her mind. Her infatuation for the half breed would grow stronger until she could not contain herself. Rin had also left three other marks on Ianthe, on her left shoulder. It was the crest of power greed gluttony and lust. 

Vex stood there in shock as he watched the poor girl be twisted by Rin. He had tried so hard to keep another falling into her grasp. However he had failed. Dusting himself off, he knew that a fight would come. But why Ianthe? Why take such a pure and innocent girl and twist her into something diabolical and dark? He didn't know but he would find out. 

Rin then leaned in to her creation. 

Hungry my monster? Can you feel me crawling through your skin twisting and changing that pathetic coward you once were? No longer are you that. My creations are strong. My creations obey. Now that you are reborn Ianthe, awake. Embrace your new found darkness and devour in the diabolical debauchery that you have hidden for so long. 

Rin then came near Ianthe and waited for the demon to overtake the host body known as Ianthe. And in her wake bear a beast as powerful as Rin. Only the thing was the half breed kept her creations under her power. Though it did happen that one or two turned the tables on her. But Vex wouldn't just allow this. 

Vex prepared his mind and soul against the hardest battle of his life.

Saying that being ruled over by someone is lame, would be a lie. Ianthe feels incredible. Strong. Murderous. An yet, not without fealty. What was once a young girl, so very lost in her own mind, is now a demon sprung from the bowels of its new master. Rinoa. What is demolished within, is excreted without. Thin layers of obsidian spill from her pours in tendril like waves as if cleansing the newly shaping frame. As her body contorts and enlargers, her clothes stretch and tear, leaving behind the black liquid to cover heaving flesh. Thick but tight layers form across the exposed flesh to contour the more curved aspects of her figure. Flexible when her her body shifts, but solid beneath any contact made against it.

Long thin fingers slide against the shell forming over her skin. Feeling it for the first time, exploring the new territory with a profound sense of touch. In this her eyes flash open and widen, a crescent curving her lips upward in an unnatural smile. The next to come is sound, a quake of laughter rumbles from her chest, lifting and dropping her enlarged bosom as it does. As all things do, it fades, dying down in the face of the woman standing before it. Radiant with power she stares down her Queen, her eyes instantly scaling over and recognizing her as such. The sound of Rinoa's voice in her head only further acknowledging this fact.

Mismatched eyes swirl within their confines breaking away from their master in order to follow the delicate twist of her neck as her head faces another. Vex's movement alerting her, threatening her and her master. Lips down turn in order to split and peel back against bared teeth as a hungry scream erupts from her throat. Although fully formed, the demon is still but a hatchling attempting to burst forth from her mother's nest in an explosion of fury.   

860f8c9f667bf4d89ad2d0ead28c45ef.jpg

Vex eyed what Rin did to Ianthe. Changed her from a sweet girl to a monster under her control. All those made from Rin became hers, blindly following the words of a demon. A monster who wanted to destroy her own land. Vex knew what would happen should Ianthe bloom into a full demon, for she was still under the transformation process. And of course the ritual upon the girl would degrade her mind even more into the half breed's hands. 

It was time to stop this madness.

He unsheathed his blade as he ran at Ianthe. He didn't want to harm her, just knock her out so he could get to the root problem. Only she came running at him, hissing with the black ooze dripping from her mouth. Rin... What did she turn Ianthe into? No time to think about that as his blade came clean at her torso, the steel gleaming into her eyes. However it was a fifty fifty shot if it hit her or not. If it made it's mark, her torso and tail would be wounded. If he missed then he needed a new attack.

"Wake up Ianthe! She only promises false hopes and dreams. You'll be in her servitude for eternity once you let her in. Break the hold she has on you. Don't let her make you a creature..."

You're a liar Vex. I offered what she wanted. A chance of becoming something greater. In time her mortal coil will be no more and she will be a stronger woman. Though she might feel a pinch in her mind. She made the choice to become mine. And she won't be a creature. But a demon of strength and power.

Rin then smirked as she watched the fight with Vex and Ianthe. In truth, the girl was hers. And soon she would change for the better. Though with this her mind would fog and she would forget who she was and what her purpose was. Rin's purpose for her was to help her to take care of the elders and stain her soul. Bring her to the brink of an unholy alliance with the demon Hunter before her. Rin wanted Ianthe to corrupt Vex, but by her own hands. 

And so she went to sit at a table to watch the two. Silent once more. 

Rin spoke nothing but truth of truth toward the confessions of Ianthe’s mind and spirit. She longed for strength, the strength to continue on living without the love she had once had, without fear or pain or agony. Rinoa sensed it, and had taken advantage of it when she had the opportunity to do so. All the while Ianthe had believed she had found some wit and strength, but in reality it was only a well of sadness and pitiful dreams.

It did not take long for Ianthe to give up on herself, which perpetuated the extinction of her entirety; giving birth to a newer more terrifying version of herself. Rinoa’s darkness washes over and through her. Taking over what is left behind and reshaping it into something grander. Power begins to wax against every portion of her surface. Her aura darkens but the shadow of her illumination only grows.

The approach of a man causes her lashes to flicker over her lids. The closer Vex becomes, the more in danger he is of being torn to pieces. Ianthe can see it in his eyes, betraying the words that trickle from his mouth. She can understand the dialect, but the words he uses no longer connect with her in any way.

“Oh, I am awake Sir. And I see you very well.”

She moves before thinking about it, bombarding into the man with strength enough to throw him back a about a yard, and off of his feet.

“Oops, didn’t see you right there though.”

Vex slid back as he was pushed by this now demon girl. He had no idea what this had happened. Nor what Rin was possible of anymore. But he would not allow it to be. That he would allow this to over take the land. 

"No. You aren't awake. You are blindly following someone who won't allow you freedom. You're just another slave."

Vex shook his head as he was afraid. Yet he didn't show it as he knew that showing it was a mistake. The demon hunter looked at Ianthe. She no longer was Ianthe to him. If only he didn't allow these two to meet. 

If only Rin was dead. 

Vex gathered his strength as he ready his weapon. His sword Vultuk, a sword given to him and crafted by Rin herself. It was crafted before her sealing. 

"I will save you and then tend to the monster before you."

He then rushed at her with the blade outwards, swiping down at her torso. He knew that if he had to kill her he would. If that was the only way to save Ianthe.

Rin tilted her head as she mouthed something. This little spell would only be heard by Ianthe. It would be painful as it opened up the wells of sadness and twisted memories. 

Vex swung the blade again at her shoulder. 

"You need to let go and open your eyes. She is your false hope.!"

Rin spoke nothing but truth toward the confessions of Ianthe’s mind and spirit. She longed for strength, the strength to continue on living without the love she had once had, without fear or pain or agony. Rinoa sensed it, and had taken advantage of it when she had the opportunity to do so. All the while Ianthe had believed she had found some wit and strength, but in reality it was only a well of sadness and pitiful dreams.

It did not take long for Ianthe to give up on herself, which perpetuated the extinction of her entirety; giving birth to a newer more terrifying version of herself. Rinoa’s darkness washes over and through her. Taking over what is left behind and reshaping it into something grander. Power begins to wax against every portion of her surface. Her aura darkens but the shadow of her illumination only grows.

The approach of a man causes her lashes to flicker over her lids. The closer Vex becomes, the more in danger he is of being torn to pieces. Ianthe can see it in his eyes, betraying the words that trickle from his mouth. She can understand the dialect, but the words he uses no longer connect with her in any way. Somewhere in the wells of her mind, Rinoa's words twist and contort against Ianthe's origins. Causing old torments to fuel her new strength and speed.

“Oh, I am awake Sir. And I see you very well.”

She moves before thinking about it, twirling and dodging the devastating blow Vex tried to inflict. But not without injury. Her left arm is snaked  by tendrils of tainted blood as it dribbles from her fingertips to the floor. Just when he moves past her, however, she shoots towards his back in an attempt to bombard him. Doing so with strength enough to throw him back a about a yard, and off of his feet. 

Edited by -Lilium-

Vex hit the ground from the second attack as he rolled along it. The tainted black blood looked more as tendrils as they repaired her injury but only a little. Vex eyed the open wound the tendrils couldn't fully fix. 

He pushed himself up. The dirt coverinf his clothes and body as he eyed Ianthe. Was she truly gone? Surrending her being to Rin and her darkness? The tendrils wrapped around its host as it whispered more sweet nothings into her ears. Pounding loudly as if magical words vibrated for her only. 

Poor little rabbit. You realise you're near death aren't you? the darkness whispered. His blade cut you deep. But your ascension to your new form will end in death. We always hide the desires we cannot have. Unlock this to gather your strength. 

"You call this awake?!" Vex yelled as he held his sword once more. "She's killing you. You really want to die for someone you don't know?"

Rin stood then as she decided to make the fight unfair. She latched herself upon the demon girl as she smiled like a snake. 

Dead you say? You really want to test that? Maybe I'll let you see the truth you blindly deny. 

Rin smirked as she wrapped her arms around the girl. She then whispered the last spell. One that would change this fight completely. She spoke the ancient words of old. Of course Vex would try to stop this as he ran at both swinging his sword right at her torso. He was hoping to impale them both. 

"Just die. Be saved."

Die? I'm already dead Vex. And Ianthe... is my puppet. My doll to kill. She serves the lich demon now. Her body will become cold. Ianthe is going to become a demon. She will be a demon able to create puppets out of humans. A strong demoness. Dead. 

Rin laughed as her tendrils entered Ianthe. Her dark ancient magi thumping in her ears, her words only for her to hear. Death. It rang throughout the spell. Puppet. Her body broken as Rin wrapped her body against Ianthe. Her form changing as Rin's crest marked the girl's heart. The darkness swallowing her. Corruption ran through her skin as it cracked. Rin smirked. 

Rise Ianthe, rise from the dead once more. Your secrets unravel in your heart. Your mortal coil pushed aside, ascend into my puppet. Serve me my dear. Your mistress.

Vex watched in horror. 

Edited by Rin

It is the faintest of flickers... Rin’s darkness envelops her, more so when Rin’s arms do than before. It resembles an obsidian fist pointed by sword like claws that squeezes in around her crushing what little of her Self there is left. Wild eyes stare back into those determined ones of Vex, begging for release and escape as the max begins his charge.

“Just die. Be saved.”

Ianthe, the true Ianthe, struggles inside. Holding her head above the abysmal ink threatening to drown her in complete and utter darkness. But time has run out and the tip of her nose dips below the surface. Those last ripples expand outward and final cease.

Outwardly her frame cracks beneath the pressure of her transformation. Vex being the ultimate hand of the death that Rin so seeks for Ianthe to face and relinquish her soul unto. Little did Ianthe know, that this downfall would be her new existence. Her end, would be her new beginning. A puppet dancing on a string of Rinoa’s making. Bent on the destruction of whatever her master deems unworthy of their world.

Yes. She can hear Rin’s voice. Yes...master.

Ianthe's fate was sealed. Though if she fought just a bit harder, she could have won. Rin latched onto the girl then as she heard her speak. Giving herself to death and rising as a servant of the princess. 

She licked her lips with glee, almost laughing. Vex could not believe what he was seeing, how did she learn to do that? When? 

You see Vex. I can make dead soldiers that obey my every command. Ianthe came to me, afraid and weak. She gave up on herself. Drowning.  I gave her my light, made her stronger. But she sacrificed herself. It was her choice.

Rin chuckled as she touched every inch of her new servant before she let go of her. Her dead eyes looking up at the demon hunter before her lips reached near Ianthe's own. 

Ianthe. I give you this gift, the demon hunter to make your own. I want you to make him suffer. But, he and you will be together in death.

She then sat back down on the chair as she grinned. Vex would have to fight for his life again. The half breed offering him up to the girl, as he eyed Ianthe. 

Her skin was so pale, alabaster. Was she truly dead? Vex didn't know. But he tried to call Ianthe back. Was it too late? 

Ianthe... Rin looked at her with a satisfied grin. She was no longer human nor alive. She was a demon now. And dead. But Ianthe had Rin's gift, undead life. 

"Ianthe..." Vex called out. "I must slay you to save your soul. Please forgive me."

He ran at her with his blade held above his head, bringing it down upon her own. He couldn't allow this unholy creature to live. Vex needed help. He was so out of his league.

Maybe it is too late. And as Rin's kiss of death brought about the last of the darkness, she finally became consumed. There is little to say, the voice in her head already commands her every movement.

Kill him, now. 

Because if she doesn't, he will destroy her. Survival of the fittest, the strongest, the darkest.  What began as a game will teuly end in blood and death. 

Ianthe can see Vex much better now, than she ever could.  And were there time enough, she might have viewed his vision of her with wonderment. Though there isn't.  His  sword threatens to split her skull. The time is now.

Unnatural strength plays to her advantage, fearlessness allowing her to circumvent Vex's want of her destruction. Ianthe would protect herself and her Master without fail, until the flames of a truth death could claim her.

While Vex charges with sword overhead, she drops toward the floor, twisting her body and coming up under his arms. Slamming her shoulder into his dropping elbow while forcing her palm into his underarm. All in an attempt to break the elbow and dislocate his shoulder. Pain will always come before death.

Crack. 

A loud scream came forth as his left shoulder and elbow dislodged from one another. It would not stop him though. His arm dangling as it was almost severed there would be fixed. 

Vex growled low his hand moving forward to grasp Ianthe's arm as she moved against him. He would show such burning distent for what she allowed to happen. The mantra he performed next would be an attempt to stop whatever magic flowed through.

He tried to burn off the arm, slow her down at least. Vex knew the dark magi that took over Ianthe. And the death she went through, was no true death. The demon hunter then flung Ianthe into the wall of the tavern.

He looked at his arm then. It seemed to ooze at the touch of the girl. He muttered low as he shook his head. What the hell was Rin truly?

Rin however smiled as she said nothing though eyed the demon hunter as he came running at her. The blade caught by her own hand. 

"What are you?" He said through gritted teeth. 

The legend of the land. And you... You're going to become such a monster. Ianthe's beloved. Now, you could--

Before she could finish, Vex punched her in the face making him drop the blade. This fight was not going well. He turned and walked towards Ianthe picking her up by her neck. 

"Are you in there Ianthe? Are you just a shell home to a demon now? Are you like Rin? A lich? You need to fight Rin. Not be her slave, her servant." 

She cannot hear you. She only hears ny sweet voice. And my sweet promise of bringing her into power. Strength. Only sacrifice was her life. But she's been reborn. And now, my dear Ianthe... its meal time.

Vex didn't know what she meant but he didn't like what she meant. At this command, Ianthe would feel a surge of dark magic flow through like a sludge ooze opening nightmarish visions that would show her the false promise Rin promised her. 

Ianthe stood next to the demon hunter, he was twisted and shadow like. His arm wrapped with hers. She stood among the throngs of people bowing down before her. Her strength shown through.

Ianthe can't feel it. Can't feel anything in this moment. Even when her feet come loose from the ground and her body slams into the tavern wall. The wood splinters in several places on impact, sending chips of wood flying. It groans against the force as though the tavern itself is crying out in pain that Ianthe herself cannot.

She hits the floor on forearms and knees, rising too late to stop Vex from punching Rinoa in the face. A growl of contempt erupts from her chest. Lips trembling under the onslaught of her rage.

As she chambers up from the floor, Vex's crushing fingers curl about her neck. Words entirely lost on her spout from his filthy mouth all the while. Like a doll caught in a web of strings… Ianthe dances to Rinoa’s symphony. Allowing Vex's hand to bear the burden of her weight she kicks her legs up crossing them over his one good shoulder and pulls against the weight of his frame with her own. Threatening to rip the entire limb off rather than being so kind as to dislocate it as she hand his other.

Ianthe is now filled to the brim with malice and fury and once his fingers loosen their hold, she snaps his arm and pulls him to the ground alongside her. In an instant she is back on her feet, the toe of her boot burrowing into his ribcage from a well dropped kicked. And as suddenly as she starts to unleash her merciless revenge, she stops. Towering over Vex while Rinoa’s vision of strength and power plays in her head.

As her head fills with images of glory, Ianthe kneels beside Vex grabbing the back of his neck in her hand. The downward tilt of her chin meeting with the lift of his face to bring him to her level. If only in order to better view his eyes. Lips dangerously close to her grinning teeth.

“Time to die…”

Vex felt his body break as he tried not to scream from the pain he endured. Ianthe no longer could hear him, she just obeyed. Obeyed a monster that he once loved.

As his form was dragged up to face the thing called Ianthe, he reached into his small pocket and pulled out a small dagger. He wanted to stab her.

Vex had no strength left as the dagger fell from his hands. The visions in Ianthe's head grew stronger, loudly thumping in her head. Playing on as it preyed upon her. 

Rin would never fulfill these visions. She would do everything to rob them of being saved. And to help save the land. 

Tear him apart and corrupt him my pet... show him how to suffer. Make him yours completely. cooed Rin. 

What would become of Vex?