Voting has reset for the month of June. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [June]   05/16/2017

Voting for the month of June is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
Tangora998

Casual Apocalypse OOC

105 posts in this topic

Okay! This is the OOC thread for the zombie apocalypse alternate RP! We can discuss ideas and other things here when we want to figure something out about the storyline or characters and relationships etc.

As for posting and posting order, it doesn't matter too much. Just don't go too far ahead without letting someone get a post in. And you can take several days to get a post up in the thread. I am fairly busy myself, so I won't be able to post every single day.

Yeah, that's pretty much it for now, we can talk about how we're going to start this up whenever you guys want! Let's just hope we don't have too many people die XD (but let's hope lots of them die.... >:) )

LINK: 

Edited by Tangora998

Yeah, I just wanted to chat through a few things like all of our character ideas and what their relationships will be, how long they've all been together, where in the world they are. Things like that! SO let me know when y'all find this thread XD

I was thinking of having a teen boy (around mid-teens), probably pretty flamboyant in general, but with the threat of zombies his flamboyancy would probably be dummed down a bit. He'd have an older sister, in her late twenties, very serious and focused/task-oriented. (I'm just giving very general mini summaries. Not full character sheets XD )

I was thinking of also having a guy that's kind of a strong-silent type. Doesn't like to talk much, but he can get shit done, sticks with the group simply because it's safer than being alone. 

And then lastly, an elderly couple that is surprisingly badass. Both war veterans, spritely for their age, still pretty mentally stable, can hold their own most of the time.

You can suggest any of your characters having any kind of relationship with any of mine (Old neighbor, co-worker, cousin, schoolmate, father, child, friend, significant other, whatever!)

I'm going to have just the two characters, I think - a brother and sister pair, older brother and younger sister. I think the brother could probably have been at least a schoolmate, if not friend, of your older sister. He's going to be quite outgoing and friendly, if a little cowardly at times, despite being built like a brick shithouse. His younger sister is going to be vicious, the kind who has to be physically held back from a fight. Despite that, though, she's fairly friendly when she's not mad.

Tangora998 likes this

@Zephyr (just tagging you so you know this thread is here!)

Anyway, as you guys can see, my good friend Dr.Brownca (PHD), has spoken. Since him and I are close personal friends, I will inform you that thatis his way of joing our apocalypse thread :3

Dr.Brownca, would you please express what character(s) you'd like to RP with?

Zephyr likes this

Tarnation! Alas! The flamboyant boy niche is taken!

Very well. My second instinct, then.

#1: A church girl, in a word. She's homeschooled, has seven siblings, and two dotingly stern parents. Her ideals and values border on medieval, but have a more recent root in the nutrients of Puritan doctrine. And as she steps into University at the ripe age of 18, the divide between her home life and the life outside crashed into her worldview, and she was struck with a choice. While before she'd been walking down the paved road thinking it was the only way to go, suddenly she sees the way branch, but cannot move. She is afraid to take a step beyond the crossroads, even to consider how she thinks of the matter, being not only afraid of the choice, but how she thinks and feels about the choice. Plainly, she prefers to avoid it. Great timing for a zombie invasion? Personality-wise, she's the kind of person that stays in her comfort zone, thinks before she acts, listens to logic while suppressing emotion, and is easily shocked by brutality and/or crass behavior.

#2: That flamboyant boy idea I first had. I'll probably not go through with this if he overlaps with your idea a whole lot, Tang. He's a tennis player, an only child, with exceedingly rich parents. That silver spoon in his hand was paired with a diamond ring and a Hunso-branded crown. He spent his money irresponsibly his whole life, buying everything from friends to yachts. So long as he makes more than he spends, his parents let him do as he likes. When the zombie invasion hits, everything he's ever known crashes down around him, and he's left with the ashes of an empire. Personality-wise, he's articulate, charismatic, manipulative, and always trying to seduce the prettiest girl in a group. 

Tangora998 likes this

Your flamboyant boy, if he's rich, could run with my flamboy's crowd. If not rich, then maybe my flamboy treats him like a minion, having him as backup in arguments, doing the wingman thing, and carrying drinks to the table and stuff like that. Or maybe he's just been nice to your guy so he can get in the sister's pants 0:

My church girl could be the granddaughter of your veterans. 

What do ya think?

Edited by Zephyr

My flamboyant teen guy is going to be like, 16, not rich, trying to be a badass so he probably wouldn't be a minion. And your flamboyant guy would have to be at least 27 to get with his older sister 

Also, you church girl can definitely be my peoples granddaughter!!

Now we just need to wait on Dr.Brownca . *cough cough* @drbrownca thou art being paged

Zephyr likes this