Salvitor Oryx

Some Fun with Vampires (Open to all) IC

Here is the link to the OOC. please go there and post a link to your character, if you have one, and if you wish to join:

Salvitor has only been to this breathe-taking city twice before. Now, he had brought his son. James' mouth hadn't closed since the duo had entered the city. The boy insisted that he look at everything new up close. Sometimes, the kid would bump into people or things. And of course, Salvitor scolded the boy. The scolding worked, but only for a few minutes. After those few minutes, the young brown eyed vampire was bumping into people again. The blue (left) and red (right) eyed adult was getting more annoyed as time went on. Even if Salvitor didn't want to punish his son, the boy needed to lean to control his actions. As the boy went on mindlessly running into people, his punishment was growing stronger and closer. James curiosity knew no end... 

Edited by Salvitor Oryx

The pleasant, warm air the Valanian Desert is well-known for, made Lune's long and dark locks dance to the rhythm of the wind as she set foot in Morgana City. It was her first time being here. The timber wooden bridge she was walking on, the sight of the Crystal Wall before her, everything was new to her. She loved it. Other than the amazement, she also felt very tired. It had been a very exhausting journey. The headwind was much stronger in the open wide desert than in the city, preventing her from transmutating in a bird. Otherwise she would have flown from A to B like she always did. But in this weather, even walking seemed easier. So, she decided to ride a camel. That luxury didn't last long though. In the middle of the road, her camel suddenly stopped for unknown reasons. She did everything she could. Pushing and pulling seemed to make it worse as it began to lay down and enjoy the afternoon sun. It was not until a few travellers were willing to take the camel over, that she decided to give up.  

Now she was walking through the crowded streets, having to pay a lot of attention into not bumping against people. If Lune didn't have some goal in this town, she wouldn't have endured this undesired closeness with strangers for one second. She was in search of a very rare spice. A deal was made when a local pharmacist proposed a lot of gold in change for Snowdonia Hawkweed, apparently needed for a medicine.

When the crowds became too overwhelming, she decided to turn into a mouse and slip through the mass of people. This came with a risk. The people who didn't notice the small ball of grey fluff, walked over and around her without paying any intention. Then there were the people who freaked out when they saw her, their steps becoming even harder to avoid as they randomly flung around with their feet. It was no easy task, but still better than walking normally.

Wandering aimlessly, Persephone was becoming rather fond of this place. Even though it was not her home town, she had visited frequently over the last few years. Sometimes it was for pleasure, catching up with an old friend or the need of a vacation. Alternatively it may be business. And finally, for reasons even she would not like to think about.

For now, it was merely pleasure, greeting a few friends and cultivating the news which flooded through this place like a stream. Still, the city always held a vibrancy and wonder that she never seemed to find in other places. This is what had called her back once more to this place, this time it was Morgana that was the lucky city to host her.

Everything in on the streets called her attention, the shops, the people and the general hub of the surroundings made her feel like she was in a fantasy. Here, everything was new and untainted. Turning back to continue forward, the rhythm of her boots sounded once more as she began to move forward. Their sound was comforting, it made her feel like she was venturing into the unknown. An adventure.

The soft lining of her jacket caressed her fingers while the shoulders and limbs of the mass brushed against her as she moved through the ebbing tide of people that congregated here. So many lives. Where were they all going? Did they have a purpose? Were they wandering as well? Persephone had always had a bad habit of people watching when in crowds, often it led to her running completely as course, lost within her day dreams.

An elephant in the room, a sore thumb that stuck out, a... fish out of water. There were many ways to describe what Callis was in comparison to the rest of the people in the town--he was surely different from them. He was, after all, an elf in a mainly vampire-populated place. But he wouldn't be afraid of them--in fact, he seemed quite calm as he walked along their midst. Even if vampires were considered heartless, blood-sucking creatures who just took life from others for their own selfish need to survive, Callis felt they were better than people. Human people, anyway. The elf certainly considered vampires people as much as he considered dwarfs or fellow elves people. From what he'd gathered, even if the stereotype of vampires wasn't a pleasant one, they were a lot more civil from humans. Sure, they needed to drink blood to survive, but at least they weren't known for capturing those weaker than them and forcing them to become a slave or servant and be beaten to death if they tried to rebel.
     Needless to say, Callis wasn't afraid of vampires--hence why he was presently staying in a city crawling with them. They were civil to him, and he was civil to them. He didn't feel any need to be racist like humans often were. Obviously, the only race that Callis was really racist towards would be humans...
     Regardless, the elf wandered the streets of the town--people leaving him alone, and he leaving them alone. Other than when he wanted to check out an item of interest, anyway. Of course, he had a particular goal set in his mind, and as much as he wished to continue toward that goal, he wouldn't be hasty. Going around from place to place and getting used to life outside of a forest was something he felt was good, too. There wasn't a rush, or anything. So why shouldn't he enjoy life a bit?
     As he strolled down the streets he felt someone small bump into him and he looked down to see a small vampiarc boy, to which Callis gave a small smile. "Careful there, kiddo," he said in a gentle voice. The vampire looked like a child--and Callis hoped that he was, indeed, just a child and not some century-old grumpy vampire who just hadn't aged... or something.

Edited by The Armamentalist

James bumped into someone, again. "Sorry, mister," the boy looked up at the elf and got excited, "oh. you're an Elf! Cool!

Salvitor had told his son to watch where went to many times to count! And the boy's father had no more patience. The two color-eyed vampire quickly went over to his son, "please excuse my son, sir." Then he looked to James, "James, I've told you countless times to slow down and watch where you go. You've run into so many people today. And it seems talking to you doesn't work." He sighed, "I don't about other people, but you. You haven't listened to me, so I'll have to punish you." The adult looked pained for a moment, then sent a mental order:

I'm going to spank you. I don't want to, but it appears i have to. Do you want to drop your pants or shall I?

Of course, James' eyes widened and he stepped back a little. Then he looked at the ground out of embarrassment and remorse for not listening. "No, I will....." Then he went over to his father, and pulled his pants down, leaving his underwear on and stood there waiting. A painful look came over Salvitor again for a second. Then he raised his hand and brought it down onto James' backside. Waited a few seconds, and did it again a few more times. Then James pulled his pants back up and his father hugged him.

"Please listen to me when I talk to you, okay? I don't ever want to spank you again...."

James answered by nodding, crying into his father's shoulder.

Lune immediately stopped running when she saw the scene of a father spanking his son. Her mouse nostrils could smell the vampire scent coming off them. Typically vampires. Spanking their children in the wide open view of passersby. They must be out of their mind. Is what she thought. When she heard the child cry, she felt a little sorry for him. Maybe she could cheer him up? But how... A mouse wouldn't be to say a nice view. A sudden idea popped up. A great idea, she thought. Before she shapeshifted into a bird, she put a candy (incidentally found in the deepest corners of her pockets) in her mouth. Then she flew over to the child, and dropped the candy from her beak into his small hands. Normally she wouldn't have done things like this, but today she felt exceptionally good-humoured. It's probably all because of the weather. The rays of sunshine she had unconsciously missed in her hometown could be captured to the fullest here. You could see it in her eyes. They were coloured warm purple, eagerly pulling all the sunshine in and lightening up her face.

She also noticed an elf whom the child bumped into. It was not impossible, as this town is very diverse, but fairly rare for elves like him to come into this town. Lune tilted her head and and wondered what he could be doing here. Maybe he was also in search of some kind of rare herb? She didn't know much about them. Beside the fact that they have pointy ears, there was not much else to say. She did have a feeling that elves were generally peaceful and and nature-loving, but that could also be her stereotyping of course.

"Oh, uh, it's fine," Callis said awkwardly after all the commotion. "No harm done, right? Besides, I'm sure when he gets a bit older he'll grow out of it," he gave a smile at that. It wasn't like the child would always be so carefree and mindless--eventually just about everyone grew out of that phase--at some point in their lives. Well, most people. Callis had found that only about half of the fairy population ever grew out of it--others were doomed to be carefree, childish, and clumsy for the rest of their little lives!
     The elf noticed a bird swoop by and drop some pieces of candy into the youngling's hands, to which Callis found somewhat unusual. A bird delivering sweets of it's own accord? No, perhaps it was trained to do that--but by whom? He looked around for a moment, before deciding that there was, indeed, no apparent owner and that the bird must have acted of its free will. Either it was a very intelligent bird, or it wasn't actually a bird at all. Ah! Foolish elf. Some vampires can shape-shift, can't they? He found it hard to keep track of each vampire's abilities--as they ranged from region to region, and there were even various "types" of vampires among themselves, all of which had unique abilities. Callis had bluntly been too lazy to try remembering all the abilities of the different types of vampires--which ones could do which and which couldn't. Not to mention that some could do something but were too young or inexperienced and never learned how to.
     Needless to say, Callis gave a small wave of the hand toward the bird's general direction. Whether it was a very smart bird, a vampire that could change shape, or some other sort of shape-shifter, it didn't matter--they seemed pretty nice. Even if Callis was a believer in discipline, he was pretty sweet and nice himself.

Her walk had slowed right down to a halt as Persephone had watched the proceedings play out like a film reel before her eyes. A father and son, an elf and a shape-shifting vampire. Persephone almost considered it was the beginning of a joke, but in reality it was simply a very strange coincidence. It brought a smile to her lips, however she did feel sorry for the little one. Being unable to remember her early days made the situation feel bitter sweet. The candy made a nice little touch.

Persephone was into sweet things herself, even though it didn’t do anything for her, she took pleasure in eating some human food along with the dietary requires of a vampire. Edging closer to the group, she found herself drawn to them, curious as to why they had come here. Despite this city being a broad and full of almost every type of race, she wanted to know more.

Most likely, she was bored or lonely. However, this didn’t stop her from edging closer to them. Halting a little further away to watch and see if she could start a conversation soon enough. A smile played on her lips as she watched the bird fly around, she was unfortunate enough not to have the gift of transformation. If she could, Persephone was positive that she would have changed into something with wings as well. The thought of being free from the earth was a momentous one indeed.

On the other hand, the elf who seemed kind held some interest for her. Meeting with elves was a rarity for her, her choice of location normally meant that she was unable to converse with their kind. Thus, she felt unusual nervous looking at him. Being unease when meeting someone wasn’t an occurrence that happened often.

I'm too distracted. I should focus more on my goal. Otherwise I won't have enough money to spend my nights here. She did carry some gold with her, but more than two days would be asking too much. She was neither poor nor rich, but she just didn't expect such a price difference between her hometown and here. Lune was used to her small, meadowy village, where everyone knew each other. The products people made were often hand-made. The potato farmer traded potatoes for tomatoes with the tomato grower, one filling the needs the other missed. Everything was free. But that was definitely not the case here. 

Wait. She could ask them. Maybe they knew something about the whereabouts of Snowdonia ...weed. Shit. What was it called again? S-nowdonium Ha...weed...? This is so embarrassing. Now she just stood there, speechless and feeling goddamn stupid. But it didn't really matter anyway, as she just looked like an ordinary, flying bird to outsiders. Bird! Of course. It was called the Snowdonia Hawkweed. "Do you guys happen to know where I can find the Snowdonia Hawkweed?" It was not until she asked that question that it came to her mind people might be wondering why a bird was talking. But who cares, everyone and everything in this town wasn't what you would call "normal".