Ayden

Searching for Loot! [Quest]

@Orion the Lost @Richter König

Within Morgana's River Trade District, the Merchants go about their daily business. With the sun high, on a nice warm day, the smell of water from the Ranthus River would be rather prevalent. Laughter and cheers could be heard, the sound of haggling from business created the norm upon this nice day. 

A single stall stood out among the rest, decorated for it’s grand reopening. Yet in front of it, a single man seemed to be panicked, worried, and shuffling all around as if something were awry. Though he spoke words, no doubt to himself, nothing he said could be made into anything of sense.

The man himself appears rather normal for an Orisian, with sun kissed skin nearly average height. Green eyes dance from side to side in their sockets, searching as if something was amiss. Brown shorts covered his legs, and a red shirt covered his chest. It took him a few minutes, but he finally collected himself after gathering a large piece of parchment. With a pencil in hand, he began to write.

It took only a minute as he scribbled a few words in large letters on the paper. Turning around, the man pin the document on his stall. The letters on it would be large enough for all to see that were passing near him. Upon it, would read: “HELP WANTED: SEARCHING FOR ADVENTURER IN NEED!” With it being so early in the day, the man hoped that someone would stop and help. He hoped that his message would spark the attention of anyone with the curiosity to ask. For now, he would tidy up his shop and wait.

Richter had taken to port after the Justicar took a harsh beating on its last mission. Richter was in his quarters writing down the records of his adventures and enjoying small breaks with reading a book periodically as the vessel was being repaired. He had sent his crew out to gather fresh supplies for the next journey. But he knew if he didn't write his entry now he would never find time again.

Amongst his crew there was only one with the audacity to bother him while doing his personal work. Drassa, ever since he had recruited her back in Telerian  City she had displayed the knack of disregarding his authority most of the time and constantly bugging him about being a shut in That never saw the day of light ever since he had gotten his Captain's Quarter situated and filed with his reading material.

He huffed in annoyance of the Oni's simple thinking process. She didn't know the joys of opening a book or gleaning ancient secrets from long lost tomes. Besides he preferred the company of his books whenever he had a choice in the matter. To that end he had sent her out into the city to work with Alistair in acquiring the necessary supplies

Edited by Richter König

Carrying and loading supplies was of one of Drassa's least favorite duties when it came to the various chores assigned. Not because it was a difficult task, merely that it was boring, She could carry twice the load anyone else on the crew could lift and get it done in half the time. That said Drassa did on occasion abuse the power of rank to avoid this particular task, "delegating" it to the rest of the crew to handle. So after getting some odd amount of the work done Drassa sneaked off and to see what sights where to be seen in the odd desert city. 

Stopping first at several food stall Drassa acquired an odd assortment of dishes all of which were spicy and strongly seasoned. Eventually acquiring several Kebabs on wich all manners of edibles were assorted for consumption. Food and drink acquire Drassa made way to the ship to acquire a drinking partner, preferably to captain who likely had yet to see the light of day yet this morning. On her way back to the ship Drassa spotted a stall with a large seemingly frantically written sign upon it. Squinting at it Drassa sighed bemusedly for trying to understand the human scrawling that they called writing, her people had never made use of such runes and Drassa had felt little inclination to learn them. That said the nature of the sign was curious enough that Drassa snagged a young man passing by, and after briefly assuring him that she had no intention to flog him, asked him to tell her the meaning of the words on the sign. As scuch Drassa found that the sign was a plea for help from any adventurers willing. Shrugging Drassa went on her way, not her problem but she may as well tell the captain, perhaps profit was to be made. 

Upon reaching the ship Drassa marched straight to the captains Quarters and using a pinky to unlatch the door and a hip to burst it open Drassa barged into the captains room.

"Captain Bookworm!! Breakfast is served~~!!"

With that Drassa set down a couple of the Kebabs she had grabbed, these loaded with fruits vegetables and meat. Comparable to hers which where entirely composed of meat. The kebabs followed by an odd Jug of the local light wine. Not enough to hammer you but enough to get the day going by Drassa's standards. 

"Time to great the day, so shut that book and open wide"

This was followed by Drassa trying to shove a chunk of meat into the elve's mouth. 

"We got a big day, I think I found an odd job for us in the market"

{Sorry for wait, Also Aiden you don't need to reply this Cycle unless you desire too}

Richter tried to pretend to be surprise when Drassa essentially kicked in his door yelling at him while munching on a local delicacy while toting a handful more of them with a Myriad of food on the skewers. He deflected a piece of flying meat with the swipe of his gauntlet covered hand that spewed out of Drassa's mouth as she spoke while eating. He opened his mouth to take the piece of before pulling away from her. He chewed politely for a few moments before he made a quip "Again with the Alcohol Drassa? I swear it's like you can't function without that stuff in your blood stream. And for the last time, stop shirking your duties just to harass me. I rarely ever get time to read my collected books or write about my adventures as is, without you barging into my room every single time we set into a Port."

Richter took the kebabs with the assorted food on it as he pointed one of the skewers at his Boatswain saying "You know I'm certain I'd hear the crew members grumble about you if they were deathly scared of you finding out....Good Job on that by the way. But that doesn't mean I think it's Okay for you to keep doing this." Richter began to eat his food as he said after swallowing "What is this you're talking about an Odd Job? Don't tell me you forced somebody to read sign again for you. That's what got us kicked out of the last port we stopped at because you man handled a Nobleman while skipping out on duties. I swear it's a vicious cycle."

The Sylvari had shut his journal and books knowing full well if he didn't at least show so inclination that he was mildly 'interested' Drassa would probably throw him out of his room like the last time he put her off. She was very stubborn for an Oni....not like Richter had met any other Onis besides Her.

Edited by Richter König

"Again with the Alcohol Drassa? I swear it's like you can't function without that stuff in your blood stream. And for the last time, stop shirking your duties just to harass me. I rarely ever get time to read my collected books or write about my adventures as is, without you barging into my room every single time we set into a Port."

Drassa furrowed her brows at the elves critiques. "Bah, you can hardly call this alcohol, this isn't enough to give the children back home a headache, This is practically juice with a kick, heh, try some it's sweet, I think they honeyed it. Furthermore, reading books is the job of some scribe, Ain't nothin wrong with knowledge but you gotta build some muscles too ya know."

Drassa emphasized this with a flexed Bicep and a curled fist. 

"You know I'm certain I'd hear the crew members grumble about you if they were deathly scared of you finding out....Good Job on that by the way. But that doesn't mean I think it's Okay for you to keep doing this."

"What is this you're talking about an Odd Job? Don't tell me you forced somebody to read sign again for you. That's what got us kicked out of the last port we stopped at because you man handled a Nobleman while skipping out on duties. I swear it's a vicious cycle."

Frowning intensely at the man Drassa growled unhappily. She wasn't perhaps the easiest to get along with, and she occasionally made mistakes when interacting with more "civilized" culture. That didn't however men that every fight that happened in port was Drassa's fault, more like she had a tendency  to aggravate situations with her own brand of diplomacy.

"AT LEAST I SPEND TIME WITH THE CREW!!" Sighing Drassa collected her thoughts, "Look, I ain't here to pick a fight captain, I appreciate the job you've given me, Also I wasn't forcing anyone to read for me... That was just a misunderstanding... I mean the human language has some.. uh.. Intricacies.. I'm.. uh unfamiliar with... So quit pretendin i'm dumb. Anyways, You wanna take the job or not captain. I'll wait on your Order."

Drassa Avoided making eye contact during the last part, The captain hadn't been around for the little incident and the less he knew about what Drassa didn't know the better. She was qualified in her own eyes. 

Richter was taken aback by the sudden outburst from Drassa and Richter said soothingly "Look I get it, you weren't taught to read and you haven't cared to learn it. It's fine Drassa and you do have a point....to a degree about me spending time with the crew. But at the same time A captain cannot be too involved in his crew's life. But I'll take your words into consideration Boatswain concerning my face time with the men."

Richter flexed his arms and his shirt bulged to the seams as he said "II may not be the heftiest looking man, but my surrogate father raised me to be a Blacksmith and a Warrior. So I do believe I'm plenty strong Drassa." He gave his Boatswain a good natured smile as he stood up and belted his rapier and Sabre as he said "Let's go Drassa. You're the one who saw the poster. You'll be the one who'll show me to it." As he walked around his desk he shut the door and said softly but loud enough Drassa could hear his his words "And if you want learn to read. Let me know, I'll be happy to teach you. It never hurts to learn a new skill. Especially since it can benefit yourself and the crew." He motioned vaguely as he opened the door saying "Don't forget to bottle some of that wine you brought too. You never know when you'll need a drink.....let's not forget the food either."

Edited by Richter König