Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Voting has reset for the month of October. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

proximity to corpses

Notice of Excellence

Thank you, sincerely. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. <3 I hope your time on Valucre is fun and eventful.

Thank you, it is a beautiful read. I hope my time here is fun and eventful as well.

Author: Afflatus

Thread: Strong Son of God, immortal Love,

It is customary to begin such stories with a description of the wind.

I must admit, however, a certain sense of trepidation at the thought of following

custom in these matters, for the line between time-honored tradition and shameless

mimicry grows painfully thin when dealing with stories like this one, the one you are

about to hear: the one you are hearing now. So let it suffice to say that there was wind,

whatever form - foul, light, or fair, cool, wan or harsh - it took, and that Nimrod either

did or did not enjoy the feel of the wind, the sound of the wind, the salty taste of the

wind, or the way the wind moved the world around it with the same magnanimous grace

with which he addressed each thing he encountered.

I don't read nearly enough of the posts on here as I should seeing as I'm usually captivated by the ones I've looked into.

This one stood out in particular to me. I love asides, they tell something about a character that is often lost in direct interaction. I thought this was very well done, the ending tied into the beginning perfectly and it painted a vivd and enjoyable scene which is my favourite part of reading solid lit.

It was a beautiful morning that was threatening to become something of a disgusting day. The bugs had already begun to buzz around her face, although shadowed by the hood of her ‘borrowed’ cloak. There was even a point where she had poised the right palm in front of her face to spread her fingers and look through each space individually, as if dividing the street before her into sections. That was when a rather large fly had been bold enough to land in the middle of her hand. The features would squint unnoticeably to any around and the left hand would immediately come up, the index finger bracing itself against the flesh of her thumb to let it flick the buzzer from its uninvited perch.

The surprised ‘bzzt’ sound made by the creature, helped her regain some composure and allow a smile to approach said shadowed face.

That was absolutely a disgusting thing…

Author: Athrele Caliver

Thread: Iselyr

This is an older post, from the old board, but none the less something I have saved.

A single drop of rain would paint the the ground a shade darker. Funny how when his name was spoken, rain would follow without a scent. Thus, compelling the Son of Song to believe that Angels whimpered whenever an innocent entity bore witness to something so well hidden beneath sin.

Author: Daystar

Thread: It's been so long, I can't remember. o_o And the thread no longer exists here. =(

This is an older post, from the old board, but none the less something I have saved.

A single drop of rain would paint the the ground a shade darker. Funny how when his name was spoken, rain would follow without a scent. Thus, compelling the Son of Song to believe that Angels whimpered whenever an innocent entity bore witness to something so well hidden beneath sin.

Author: Daystar

Thread: It's been so long, I can't remember. o_o And the thread no longer exists here. =(

<3

I remember that thread, and like a few others, it was lost when the forum was being backed up I think. You should repost that thread and its posts if you have it logged. I'd like to read it all over again.

ODD THAT IT DOESN'T SAY ANYWHERE THAT THIS THREAD IS A NOTICE OF EXCELLENCE IN ROLE PLAY POSTS ONLY, AND NOT OPINIONS OR EVEN WRITING IN GENERAL. I WAS ENTIRELY UNAWARE THAT THE RULES HAD CHANGED.

Many apologies, and by that I mean grow up plz. I thought it was an excellent point (obviously), this thread is about excellence in writing.

tl;dr = i qq.

I have another two part one here, I couldn't very well pay tribute to a post in the thread and completely ignore the one that proceeded it:

Snippet: "A pale but not sickly hand reached out from the depths and parted the curtains. A hand became a wrist, then an arm and a shoulder, then a torso and a face that, despite the wickedness latent in nearly every aspect that comprised it, yet remained remarkably easy to forget. Somehow hard to hold onto the memory of; somehow difficult to call back to mind on command, but which assured its victim would return in the form of nightmare."

Author: Faustus

Thread: That is not dead which can eternal lie

And then:

Snippet: "The Golemist sat in the back of room at a table largely hidden by walls of curtain. They were left open slightly, so that anyone entering the restaraunt would see the tattooed figure at the back of the room. A massive hooka made of bronze and glass dominated the center of his table and the man in black robes puffed on it occasionally, lazily. No waiters came to the table while he waited; the Golemist had arranged for it to be this way. The young men gave him vague looks of unease every time he dealt with them."

Author: source—sound

Thread: That is not dead which can eternal lie

"When they say the day is won, they won't know of what they speak. This is not some war to be had where we defeat our enemies, I will unravel time around them and make it so they never existed. No text books or historians will have the chance to speak of these happenings."

Author: Odium

Thread: I'm here.

thhhhhhhhhhhhug liiiiiiiiife

"Regardless of the outcome of this journey, Laexan did not embrace the delusion that he and Jericho could ever be friends. A man who killed like that wouldn't stay off the Shy One's radar for long. Soon a bounty would be placed on the red headed swordsman, one Laexan couldn't afford to ignore. However, that was a thought for another day. "

Author: Paradigm

Thread: A Shy One

Like bitter tea, these beings seemed so heavily stooped in occult rite that had lesser mages been upon the battle set, they would have been overshadowed by those that sought to protect them

Author: Julius Aldoid

Thread: Night Falls on Daeor

His entire post is excellent. Matter of fact, the entire thread promises to be quite an impressive read >.>