Jump to content
Fierach

The World of Bel'shir

Recommended Posts

Welcome to Bel'shir.

 

 Art-Waqas-Mallick-landscape-fantasy-worl

 

Bel'shir is a mysterious world, full of treasures, perils, and challenges. It is a magical world, featuring creatures beyond the imaginations of most beings, and it is a world of secrets, unexplored by the multiverse at large. Bel'shir is connected to the city between the multiverses, Sigil, the City of Doors by way of magical portals, and it is through this bridge that any outsiders are capable of entering at all. Enjoy your stay, and try not to get lost.

 

World of Bel'shir:

This is a private roleplay. Those of you in it know who you are. If you are interested and wish to join, you must PM me, the DM, and we'll work something out. 

The post order will follow rough "Cycles" of posting. This generally consists as follows: Me (DM), Adventurer 1, Adventurer 2, Adventurer 3, Adventurer 4, repeat, so on and so forth. However, the post order is not rigid, at any time, an adventurer may skip ahead in the cycle in order to enact a action or perform some other contextual activity. The DM will interrupt within the cycle as necessary to respond to contextual actions and inquiries.

Edited by Fierach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a remote beach, somewhere in the world of Bel'shir, a seagull landed to seek food. This seagull had a particular affinity for clams, where it had the habit of carrying its choice of meal up high in the sky and dropping it onto a rocky outcropping below to break the shell and get at the tasty innards. It was just another day for the creature, at least, until it was startled by a rather distinctly foreign event.

A portal to another world opened. The swirling mass of energy surprised and panicked the poor bird, who immediately dropped its prize and flew away to find a more peaceful environment to dine. Whoever, or whatever came out of that portal would find themselves landing on fine sand, in a spot fit for any artist's depiction of paradise. On one side, the beach disappeared into a tropical jungle, and the other, into an endless sea and tranquil sky. Far, far in the distance down the beach, there was the sign of habitation, smoke rising above the jungle near the coastline, and in in the other direction there seemed to be nothing but more prime beach real estate.

Edited by Fierach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A portal to another world opened. The swirling mass of energy produced from it first a short humanoid figure, dropping it haphazardly into the the world of Bel'shir. What would become obviously seen up close as a young man was tossed out of the portal and into the warm sands. He had little to no experience with portals, and it seemed his transportation and landing suffered because of that fact. Still, he was here. Picking himself up as he spit sand out of his mouth profusely, he was loaded down with a pack, holding God knows what, and shrouding his body was that Shimmering Oilskin Cloak he picked up back in The City of Doors. Between his back and his pack, a somewhat large tipped and odd looking spear protruded over the right shoulder. He would retrieve his rice farmer hat and place it upon his head once more, drawing the string beneath it comfortably up to his lower jaw, beneath the chin. He made no attempt to rid himself of the sand now plaguing him. It was something he'd have to suffer through, for he couldn't get all the sand out of his gear here and now. So why work to get any of it out? Taking a good look at the coast and his surroundings, the short male would procure a smirk, akin to a Nike swoop. His charcoal eyes sparkling in delight at the beauty that was Bel'shir. He would be wise to remember that he was no here for any R&R. Though if all went well, perhaps he could vacation here some time in the future. 'There's some sort of camp over there in the jungle it seems. Other than that it's wilderness. I guess that'll be our first stop.'  He thought at he awaited his party members to arrive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the check-smiled newcomer popped out of the portal, another smaller figure appeared. It dropped, rolling like a ball in the sand until it could get a foothold and stopped, falling back onto the back so it was facing upward. Terrawilya spat out sand, frantically trying to get it out of her eyes before it scratched her eyeballs, coughing and rolling over onto her hands and knees. She never did get used to portals at all. If anything, she tried to avoid them like the plague but clearly plagues had a way of sneaking up and biting again. Terra brushed as much sand off of her as she could, shrugging off her pack so she could relax and take in the surroundings...and yup. It was a beach. Nothing alien about it...just beach. With the beach also came the beach-heat that threatened to make her soak through her tunic. Being from a country where it was cold nine months out of the year, this kind of heat was miserable. "Aw man..."She huffed, wiping her forehead that already glistened with sweat. "It's way too hot for all this."

There wasn't any real cover for her to change, so Terra started to take off some of the heavy furs that adorned her garb, stuffing them into her pack and removing a layer of tunics, revealing a cream-colored undershirt that contrasted against her tanned skin. She shoved all the extra clothing into the pack she carried, hoisting it and her axe back onto her back to wait for the arrival of Terrance.

Maybe he might like the heat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Man it feels a lot like Jamaica here.”

The weather was sort of the main marquee so far, The heat beading down his neck, and the sudden smell of the beach was more than enough to wake up Terrance’s formerly tired bones. Hearing Terran’s complaints about the weather Terrance tilted his head to the side, his dreads swaying accordingly and getting in front of his face as a result. “Are you kidding? This weather is nearly perfect, and the beach should give us an okay cooldown when the breeze decide to suddenly hit.” Terrance already took the environment into account however, sliding off his jacket, showing that he was a far cry from the Formerly geeky Boy he once was. Toned arms and back were suddenly noticeable from his white T-shirt, complimented by his arm, which did not seem to be mechanical anymore, perfectly matching his skintone without being clearly obvious of it’s properties, it was something new he had decided to try, and maybe eventually here he’d get a chance to show it off, but for now, It was time for business.

“I’m going to try to see if there’s anything out of the oridinary, any energy spikes, or oddities in biology around the area.” He went back to his watch lifting it up to reveal a rather well sized holographic screen, tapping on the buttons in random succession to see if he could gather any information about this place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrance's scans would yield a bit of information. To note, there seemed to be two areas where there seemed to be a great amount of ambivalent energy, one being far in the distance, even past the smoke rising above the jungle top. Whatever it was obscured was much too many miles of land, sea, and foliage to see even if he tried to zoom all the way in. The other area pointed directly at the horizon of the ocean, equally limitless in scope. If Terrance zoomed in on that, he'd notice that the horizon had a subtle orange tint. Perhaps dusk was going to fall upon them soon? As for oddities in biology, everything here was an oddity to his sensors. It was a new world after all. Of course, some species were familiar looking and probably recognizable, but they were different enough to register as new for his sensors.

If Jinsoku remembered his briefing, he'd realize that they didn't seem to be near anything close to a city, much less a purported large trading hub like Balkar Nor. Perhaps the portal dropped them a farther distance then was originally anticipated? At any rate, the motley threesome would have to decide which way to go first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terra crash landed much like himself, yet Terrance seemed to arrive just fine. As they spoke to one another and Terrance scanned the area with his tech, Jin was certain they had to head for the source of the pillar of smoke. It just felt like the right thing to do. The smart thing to do. He would easily clear his throat and interrupt his party members in their enjoyment or lack there of for the beach.

"There's some sort of settlement where that smoke is coming from. We were suppose to arrive practically within one or very close to one. Perhaps this was the interpretation of pretty close considering our lack of records on this place, maps too. But I do believe we should head towards that source of smoke."

Hell, perhaps the original intended destination didn't exist any longer. Maybe the original place they were headed to was long gone by now. Or maybe there was a hiccup in the transaction between Sigil and Bel'shir. Without much waiting for the others thoughts, he began walking. He was down for walking and talking, though unless there was something super convincing him of otherwise, Jin has determined there current destination. Sure they were here to help him, but he was still the leader of this party. This was his mission, in the name of the Order of Force Majeure. In the name of Master James himself. He would consider their input and opinions, though unless he became incapable of doing so, he would be making their final decisions as a unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terra scrunched her nose. She didn't know what Jamaica was or where it was, but it sounded terrible and hot and humid. Like this place. She wiped her forehead, huffing and starting to follow behind Jin without much question as to where they were going. Just that they were following the signs of life at the wisp of smoke trailing into the sky. "I'm not from a place with heat like this. Fal'lain is cold nine months out of the human calendar."She explained. "I'm more built for the snow, not this heat. My family went to the beach once and were all bed ridden with sunburns. Highland Elvish skin is too fair for the sun."

Terra would look down at her own skin that was more olive-hued and dark, contrasting against the white, fair locks on her head that was more like a platinum blonde. Of her family, her skin was the darkest and shortest...something that people like to obviously state to her when she was among other Fal'lainians. Terra would side-eye Terrance and Jin as they walked toward camp. She would raise her head, inhaling the smell of sea air and smoke. "Smells like a typical camp fire. If it was a pillaging there would be the smell of the dead mingled with it..."She commented. "I thought the Order would have had more time to figure things out like portal exits..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“You’ll build yourself into it.” Terrance spoke to Terra about the weather, he snapped away his wrist and placed it back to his side. “This entire place is an unknown to my system, James  was not kidding when he said this world would have it’s surprises, Guess I owe him an apology.” Terrance shrugged at that thought, He never really had much problems with James, other than his first attempt to “Save.” Him when he was trying a new AI system for Steel Liger. (A system he would abandon, shortly thereafter instead going for more of a traditional upload style.) Terrance blinked at the sight of the beach, everything seemed to be like a normal beach, maybe his scanning equipment was on the fritz, it wasn’t the first time it happened, especially if there were any Minovosky Particles about.

There's some sort of settlement where that smoke is coming from. We were suppose to arrive practically within one or very close to one. Perhaps this was the interpretation of pretty close considering our lack of records on this place, maps too. But I do believe we should head towards that source of smoke."

“Agreed But let’s be careful, I sense a lot of energy spikes nearby that area.” Terrance as always spoke In caution. Something was odd about this place, and he had learned that caution was always a commodity that one should exercise. He Began to relax his shouderblade, taking extra focus to his right shoulder, the one that was probably carrying the extra load. He began to follow Jin, his eye narrowly moving to scan about the area. This trip, regardless of the drama was…nice to get him away from a few things, Julia, and Maggie were…amazing to be around. There should be no doubt in the world that he loved them, the problem was, as he settled into domestic life he became…bored…dull with the recent activities in running Fal’lain’s tech industries. Which was the only reason Steel Liger in it’s entirety seem to still exist, he didn’t really even mind criminals using it (Since Officers certainly have their own armor divisions.) He just…needed to get out sometimes.

Edited by Trexasle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chapter 1: Paradise Village

It was a beautiful day to start off their quest. The cool salt spray mingled with the ocean breeze and helped bring relief to what might've otherwise been an overbearing sun, at least for Terra.

Along the way to the sign of habitation, the group would stumble across an interesting mangrove. Sturdy trees forested this intersection between sea and land, coming almost up to the ocean. Large, mossy boulders lay scattered about the grove, some in odd groupings, and there was the potent stench of sea-musk in certain areas. There were many signs of animal life as well, a squawk of some unknown bird, the ripple created by a large fish swimming between the submerged roots of the trees, the sudden deer-in-headlights freeze of a beautiful and tanned young woman upon seeing the party after stepping out from behind one of the boulders and-

Wait what?

For the young villager, the motley threesome of adventurers were perhaps the strangest people she had ever seen. A young man with features she could not place except for across the infinite seas, and a woman, shorter then any other with an axe as large as she was. The third man had more recognizable features, darker skin, the correct style of hair, but his outfit was clearly foreign. Guess they just didn't have T-shirts in Bel'shir. Confronted with the strange group, the woman did the only thing that seemed reasonable to her.

She dropped whatever round handball-sized spheres she was gathering in her arms and bolted, expertly skipping across the water on the roots and rocks that she was familiar with underneath the water's surface. The woman would quickly duck out of view behind one of those large, green boulders and if the party opted not to chase her immediately, it was clear that they would lose her in the grove's thickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That melanin level in your skin makes you about as dark as me. Once you get use to it, the sun won't bother you too much. At least that's how it works for humans..."

Jinsoku nearly forgot she wasn't human, or at least not completely. Perhaps he was wrong to assume she was more like him than she was different. Terrance seemed to adjust fine, and even manage to mention a country from his home world, Earth. He didn't look native to Earth, yet he could have been from a different time as such seemed to be more common than not. He also managed to hear that Terrance had doubted his Master's words on available info of this world. He tried to scan it for what it was worth, and he came back empty handed. Though he said nothing, he smiled, laughing only in his mind. His charcoal eyes looked onward towards their current destination, reluctantly, they made their way towards it as a unit. Terra had reminded Jin that he was arranged to arrive at a specific location with her remark of portal exits and preparations. He wouldn't bring it up verbally, though he took mental note of them having not arrived in some sort of Bizarre. Perhaps that smoke stack was apart of the city that they were suppose to arrive in? Regardless, they were off to a bumpy start, and they needed to get their shit together fast since this whole mission was currently being ran blind. 

"Hm?"

He pondered to himself as his eyes grew wide then narrowed once more almost squinting as he looked a little ways ahead. That was a person, a woman. She suddenly dropped her shit and took off acrobatically to the nearest, largest source of cover. It was easy to tell that she was going to run, likely to the nearest town or village. In which case, the last thing they needed was to have some young woman running frantically into populated, public area. Least they wished to be apprehended, or worse. Without much though, Jinsoku shifted the sak on his back as he slid his arms free. Dropping the back not far from where the woman had dropped her own belongings, he would first move to show his hands from beneath his cloak, raising his arms up as he kept his stride.

"Don't make any sudden movements, if she runs I'm going after her, one of you grab my pack if I start running." 

If the woman's head left his sight, or rather when it did, he'd take off after her. With as much as he has walked and ran in his life, hell, as long as he had ran consistently for the sake of doing as James had told him prior to being taken in formally as his apprentice, Jin could likely catch this young woman no sweat. Her only true advantage was the terrain. This was her home turf, and Jin hadn't even been here for five minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terra frowned, looking out to the sea and jerking her head when she heard the sounds of splashing. Someone was close by and she saw the glimpse of a woman fleeing the scene. As much as Terra could have caught up with her, she didn't deem it wise considering she had the most prominently displayed weapon of the group. She would look, reaching to Jin and grabbing his cloak. "Wait. She's probably just a little spooked. If we go chasing and she screams, it'll be heard. Better for her to give us directions than have us all at whatever gallows they have that ends the mission on the beach."She explained, reaching for her pack instead, removing her axe and setting it down by Jin's feet. She would step away from them. "Besides, I'm probably way less intimidating...you beanpoles will probably scare the daylights outta her."

Terra removed some of her armor off of her shoulders, throwing it with her pack and removed her tunic as well so she exposed her torso that was just wrapped in a black sports bra. She tossed it with everything else, turning and starting to walk over to where she saw the floating orbs, exposing her back to them. Despite being fairly tough, her back looked like it had been through a cheese crater, criss crossing with various healed over slashes with scars that bubbled up and darkened her skin. Terra made no point to not make them look and strode with care. "You two stay there. Watch my stuff."She ordered them, taking some initiative. Terra wouldn't move toward the woman, but toward the orbs in the water, picking up a few she could grab nearby. Terra looked around, but kept her distance, putting them on the ground between them much like she was trying to coax a dog over to eat. Whatever they were, the fact that she was picking them up, might mean that they were her source of food. "Hey...We didn't mean to scare you. We're just passing through."She said, raising her hands up in surrender. "Do you speak common tongue? Do you understand me? Just nod your head if you do at least a little..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Terra picked up the dull green orbs from the water, she'd find them a bit slimy.

Also, something moved in them. Perhaps the young dwarf should take a gander at what she picked up first. As for Jinsoku, if he wanted to chase after her, he'd have to watch his step. Stable footing was hard to find in the swampy mangroves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terra waited and waited for some sort of response, turning instead to pick up more of the orbs she had seen the girl pick up. She took them carefully, feeling them for the first time and inspecting them. They were...disgustingly slimy. She looked at the closer, holding one up to the sun and saw something dancing around inside of it. Her nose scrunched, looking back to Jin and Terrance with a look of disgust before turning back to the woman hiding a short ways away. "What...the hell were you picking up?"She asked, looking at the ones in her arms. "Are these...eggs?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I rather we not scare the kid, if anything I’ll keep her on my vitals, Something tells me she knows about what’s going on here than we both do." Terrance clicked his tongue watching However as Terra went ahead and walked toward her anyway, He sighed and took a quick gander at the bag. It seemed he was back at THAT point again. Here he was seemingly just a novice, where he was far from. It was like he was back in Sigil, individuals seeing him as more of an unexperienced kid than anybody of any importance. He was 25 for godsakes, and was a scarred veteran with a nice build. His body having fleshed out plenty due to his recent activities, hand crafting armor gives you already of physical workout, So Terrance was far from looking skinny, at any case anymore.

 

"Are these...eggs?"

“I would believe they are, whatever hatched from it doesn’t seem to be pretty, we should keep observant.”
Terrance said. One would imagine that the man would already be at the ready, in his Steel Liger suit and scanning things with his visor, using the technology of the suit to keep his defense up, but…he was working on something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...