Valucre
supernal

Terran National Market 2.0

This is a redesign of the original Terran market. I am no longer offering NPC roles, which are attainable exclusively through the Opportunities in Terrenus thread, though all previous transactions hold. You can track your credits with a thread in the Portfolio board. 

In short the way to earn the required credits is to canonize threads. You get the credits only at the point of canonization. The Terrenus quest index adds multipliers to any earned credits. "GMs" of Terrenus, namely myself and desolate as well as any other parties I may designate, retain the right to "patch" or revise items where necessary.

Canon viability: Methods, abilities, or items outside of the scope of the market can be challenged and even superseded by local canon or by executive judgment, whereas market items are worked into the canon itself and equally viable. 

1. Authorized Market
  2. Shadow Market

Classes D (1) -C (5) credits can be made on the spot and can be part of an existing/unrelated thread. 

Classes B (15) -A (45): Require threads dedicated towards item, fund, or raw material acquisition. 

Edited by supernal

Authorized Market

Crook (B class): The 'Crook' (with the symbol of a shepherd's crook) is an application interface that can be loaded into any Terran made crystal computing device. The computing device is common enough that it requires no roleplay to have it. Once the Crook is loaded and due to its default uplink to The Storage Movement in Ignatz, it can be used to explain knowledge of lore information a character would otherwise have no reason to know (such as location of some Materials).

Divination Ward: This charm protects the wearer from lesser forms of divination. The Oracle can still find the wearer, but only divination efforts accompanied by a major sacrifice in terms of time and/or spell component (one 15+ post thread) can break through this word. Once broken, the charm loses its power. 

Inertial Tracker (B class): Also known as 'Golden Thread'™. When set, the tracker records direction and pacing until turned off. This can be reviewed on a small crystal display or it can be switched to its second function, which allows one to retrace one's steps even if blinded. A gyroscopic mechanism keeps the device on the same path. This is the only known device to be able to help one find one's way out of the Labyrinth Forest, if returning to the original point. Not useful for getting to the other side. 

TruVision Spectacles (B Class): Allows the wearer to see through visual illusions and magical darkness but does not dispel them. Only known item to render night-vision effective in the Dark Forest but does not grant additional dark-vision. 

Personal Airship (B Class): Equivalent to a mid-size sedan. Capable of fitting five people at the threshold of comfort. Has low-tier life support and so can be slept in but does not have a bathroom or kitchen, so cannot be lived in indefinitely. Has no weapons system.

Personal Submarine (B Class): Equivalent to a mid-size sedan. Capable of fitting five people at the threshold of comfort. Has low-tier life support and so can be slept in but does not have a bathroom or kitchen, so cannot be lived in indefinitely.  Has no weapons system. 

Merchant Airship (A Class): Equivalent to a nautical cargo vessel. Capable of fitting one dozen crew and one-thousand (1000) passengers or the equivalent of cargo. Has mid-tier life support, cargo hold, bedrooms, bathroom, a kitchen, a pantry, an observation deck, and a hold. Has no weapons system but comes with a barrier defense. 

Merchant Submarine (A Class): Equivalent to a nautical cargo vessel. Capable of fitting one dozen crew and one-thousand (1000) passengers in addition to cargo. Has mid-tier life support, cargo hold, bedrooms, bathroom, a kitchen, a pantry, an observation deck, and a hold. Has no weapons system but comes with a barrier defense.

Edited by supernal

Shadow Market

Suujali Carapace Armor (A Class): Lightweight,  full plate armor that will cover the wearer's arms, torso, and legs; no helmet. Protects the wearer from direct targeting magic. 

Suujali Carapace Helmet (A Class): Lightweight helmet. Protects the wearer from charms, hexes, compulsions and enchantments. 

Divination Scrambler (B Class): One-time use. Ercaniron-based potion that prevents common forms of divination (scrying, retrocognition, etc) for the next 24 hours (or one thread or 'meaningful act', whichever makes most sense).

Flash Mask (C class): One-time use. Silveril-based one-size-fits-all (humanoids) mask that degrades after 24 hours (or one thread or 'meaningful act', whichever makes most sense). A flash mask will completely shift and obscure the details of someone's face in any non-magical surveillance.

Forged Magic License (C Class): One-time use. Can be used in any city that is protected by Safeguard to get law enforcement off your tail. After the license has been scanned and entered into the national database, if scanned again it will immediately flag as a forgery.

Edited by supernal

2 hours ago, Tristwich said:

What about magi tech devices? Is there something for that or is that left to our imagination?

Both. I'm still adding items which will include that but players are still allowed to come up with (reasonable) items 

42 minutes ago, Tristwich said:

How about a couple of electric generators capable of producing massive amounts of electricity, each one with dual lightning rods, just big enough to be used as a backpack for twenty foot giants?

Sure, though you'll want to more closely define what constitutes massive amounts 

In the future just PM me about this or use the AMA thread. I don't want to use the market thread for general discussion 

On 11/6/2016 at 7:11 PM, Purifier said:

According to the system in place for tracking post points, my completed quest has given me 22.5 points. I wish to spend 15 of these for a personal airship.

Proof of purchase for Purifier and his personal airship. Tracked in his portfolio thread as well. 

Sorry for the wait. Didn't realize you had posted in the Valucre site market instead of the Terrenus one. 

On 12/14/2016 at 11:07 AM, Tristwich said:

Using 135 of my credits to purchase 3 merchant class airships.

Can you update your total credits in the first post of your portfolio and indicate this spend? At that point, let me know and I can confirm proof of purchase. 

26 minutes ago, Azure Day said:

I would like to spend 60 Credits to purchase refined Novonium Armor and Weapon set. 

https://www.valucre.com/topic/35047-azure-day-accounting/

Checked the credits for the quest. Checked the portfolio. Everything looks in order. Consider this purchase approved and processed. 

I think this is the best place for this. There's no way I'd be happy acquiring this by any means other than crafting. So more of a request to build than a request to buy.

Is alloying two special materials allowed?

I figured I'd best ask before I started a 90 post solo project.

The location would be Predators Keep to make use of the canon black market.

Armor and weapon 60 x <1.5> (Black Market Multiplier) = 90 posts required. ~As I understand the math.

The forging process I plan to use for the project requires no unique special snowflake powers. So with a basic awareness of the process, this method should be repeatable by others.

I haven't seen anyone else come up with anything remotely similar, so I'm going to run on the assumption no one else has.

I'd rather not divulge the method should your ruling be no.

I know I haven't stated any materials but assume I'm asking as a blanket statement.

27 minutes ago, Akiris said:

I think this is the best place for this. There's no way I'd be happy acquiring this by any means other than crafting. So more of a request to build than a request to buy.

Is alloying two special materials allowed?

I figured I'd best ask before I started a 90 post solo project.

The location would be Predators Keep to make use of the canon black market.

Armor and weapon 60 x <1.5> (Black Market Multiplier) = 90 posts required. ~As I understand the math.

The forging process I plan to use for the project requires no unique special snowflake powers. So with a basic awareness of the process, this method should be repeatable by others.

I haven't seen anyone else come up with anything remotely similar, so I'm going to run on the assumption no one else has.

I'd rather not divulge the method should your ruling be no.

I know I haven't stated any materials but assume I'm asking as a blanket statement.

Great, great question. Also as a note the AMA would work too but this is fine

i'm mobile so if I'm too brief in anything I can expand where necessary when I get to a computer but the basic answer is: you can't alloy the materials but you can combine them. I assume the end result is functionally the same - one object with multiple properties. But alloy has a specific connotation (I think) that implies the materials are being fused. I don't want special materials being fused into one super-material. But you can have, for random example, a sword made of X, with Y inlays, and/or studded with Z gems 

That work / make sense?

2 hours ago, supernal said:

Great, great question. Also as a note the AMA would work too but this is fine

i'm mobile so if I'm too brief in anything I can expand where necessary when I get to a computer but the basic answer is: you can't alloy the materials but you can combine them. I assume the end result is functionally the same - one object with multiple properties. But alloy has a specific connotation (I think) that implies the materials are being fused. I don't want special materials being fused into one super-material. But you can have, for random example, a sword made of X, with Y inlays, and/or studded with Z gems 

That work / make sense?

Yes.

I can see how fusing materials could escalate. Not fun.

Separate materials used in the same project I can do. It would actually give me more to work with this way.