Voting has reset for the month of May. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

supernal

Valucre's world map + TM too

77 posts in this topic

I'm utterly delighted to announce, after a long time spent building off of words alone, Valucre has a world map.

The person that made this map wanted to stay anonymous so I will respect their wishes but the gratitude I feel and hope everyone else shares is beyond words. On that note I'll also extended the deepest of thank yous to @Song Sprite for putting in a lot of initial effort in a thread full of chaos and bedlam, which is where I got a lot of the base information from. 

So without further ado I present to you Valucre's new map as well as a map for the Tellus Mater region specifically. A few notable changes are: Genesaris has moved from the north to the south, Tellus Mater has moved from the extreme east more to the west to be between Terr. and Gen., and the Tellus Mater territories have increased in size. These changes were made in the spirit of making a more visually balanced map and the consequent lore will be adapted to fit now that we can actually see what things look like.

You can find higher resolution images in the respective lore articles.

Map 2.0

cxswxAZl.png

Spoiler

f8zfSMtl.png | LLMYnaGl.png 

Edited by supernal

Looks good only one little detail was missed... the Cresent shape at the bottom of Genesaris is an Island not a peninsula 

On 11/29/2016 at 11:40 PM, Cordeliane said:

Looks good only one little detail was missed... the Cresent shape at the bottom of Genesaris is an Island not a peninsula 

ryFcz0T.jpg

Might have been hard to see in the original due to image quality, but Nvengaria is indeed an island. At that scale, the coastlines appear to be touching.

On 11/29/2016 at 2:41 PM, FirePenguinDiscoPanda said:

This is fantastic! <3
SOON THOUGH
I SHALL PUT ANTIGONE ON THE MAP

Thanks! (Btw, Antigone actually *is* on the map lol, NW corner of Genesaris!)

If any one has any requests for additions or criticisms (how dare you lol) feel free to leave them here.

Song Sprite, supernal, Fae and 1 other like this

18 minutes ago, Mickey Flash said:

I hope it's ok that I used the Elendaron section of the map for my new lore page for Elendaron?  @Off Topic

If you take it into Paint (or any program) and put markers for where cities should be along with anything like landmarks, then send that to me, I'll make you a custom map for the lore page <3

Also notes on whether or not I've missed anything, initially I planned to have the Lich Isles on there too, but my goal was to tackle the big picture first then work on small details. Let me know!

supernal and Mickey Flash like this

The map would be too large I think, if I put all the cities on it.  I do have individual area maps in the works and have just posted one on Seinaru Forven here:

I don't know how much longer it will be before the others are completed.  I had another RPer to complete this one, @Seyge, which I am grateful for btw.  :smile:  Seinaru Forven is at the tip top of the map that you have made, and the shape fits it pretty well, I think.  Thanks for doing this btw, it's awesome. 

Off Topic likes this

7 minutes ago, Slank44 said:

is there an up to date, higher resolution version of this map?

This is absolutely the most up to date map that exists of the planet

Here's a higher res version of the map: http://i.imgur.com/8ZQSYOn.png

9 minutes ago, Jesus Negro said:

This is very clean. Well done.

I could not get away from describing it as "clean" about a dozen times