Voting has reset for the month of February. Valucre is in the top 10 but we need to be in the top 3 if we want visitors to the topsite to see us the moment they land on the home page. So if you want to help new members discover Valucre, then vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

supernal

Valucre's world map + TM too

64 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Off Topic said:

Rally your forces. Contact these board leaders you've been involved for years, pull some strings and get opinions, bring together all these imaginations you've herded. That's the point of this place, right? Aren't you a cult leader or something? Lol, so why are me and Song Sprite waiting two days (and probably longer had I not answered for you) when you have a godbook in your pocket and other one on your desk? Send an army.

In this case it would be because tags were used instead of PMs (which is what I'm trying to get at) and because of long weekend and birthday plans (for me anyway). I'm not used to accounting for my daily itinerary but since you're asking I figured I should at least satisfy the curiosity. 

Two days is also not an inordinately long amount of time to wait for a response in my opinion of my general availability and response time for all sorts of questions from different members. If you think I should be on call with a 15 minute SLA we're going to have to enter into some salary negotiations

I do appreciate the fact that you envision me as some kind of general of a roleplay army / cult leader. Now if we can convince everyone else of the same we might get somewhere! I'll write the copy and you can provide the hypnotic rebuses

Edited by supernal
Off Topic and Fae like this

11 hours ago, The Hummingbird said:

I don't like Transival. But if everyone else likes it it's not my place to say anything.

Unlike some of the other features which requires multiple parties this particular body of water is up to just you and me. I don't mind Transvival but I'm not stuck on it if you have another name you'd like to throw into the hat

Fae and Off Topic like this

12 hours ago, The Hummingbird said:

I don't like Transival. But if everyone else likes it it's not my place to say anything.

Your opinion definitely does matter.

1 hour ago, supernal said:

Unlike some of the other features which requires multiple parties this particular body of water is up to just you and me. I don't mind Transvival but I'm not stuck on it if you have another name you'd like to throw into the hat

I like this. Also want to mention that you guys have been spending years building up stories with what might be thousands of characters and hundreds of other people writing with you, and a lot of locations in the real world are eponymous--they're named after someone. I don't expect any one to be able to pull random, never before heard words out of a hat like magic or anything and especially on such short notice, but I know that both of you have a ton of characters and a ton of significant events, stories, and the like under your belts. It's a good chance to really make some of that shine. Pretty sure I read a while back that the Atlantic Ocean is either a reference to the city of Atlantis or to Atlas (maybe both?). Otherwise normal names or ones you were particularly fond of (whether for the sound or story behind it) would be a great starting off point.

The text will be editable and can change afterwards, but oceans and things outside these nations are just as important as the nations themselves in making this into an actual world instead of just being boards on a forum. I'll put whatever is wanted on the map, I'd just rather have my like to dislike ratio known, as small as possible, and out in the open.