Voting has reset for the month of May. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

Viice

open
⊰ The Black Cherry ⊱ A Brawlers Bar & Inn

29 posts in this topic

It wasn't hard to ignore the commotion. There was just a bunch of sounds coming from a mere human and a stoic undead woman. Her lips turned up into an involuntary sneer, one of her canines showing their sharp edges. 

If only humans could surprise her more often, perhaps her opinion would change. But no matter where she went or who she meant, human nature was a never ending dictator on this planet. She'd thought that Marik was different, but his greed and selfishness was not something she could turn a blind eye to anymore. Her sneer turned into a silent snarl at the thought of the idiot swordsman. 

He'd pay the price of pissing her off with his head. 

Crystal scooped up the fireball and downed the glass without so much as a wince. 

The dragoness pulled a silver coin from her pocket and slid it down the counter toward the vampire. For information and another fireball. "I'm looking for a swordsman. Marik Cayne. Supposedly he is in Taen. Someone in Lunaris called him a Founder?" 

Metty and Sphynx like this

Vinsue walked in at what seemed like a bad time. She was in her human form wearing her simple brown attire as she tended to do in sediments. She kept her hood up as she found her way to the bar. "a glass of ale" she said and placed a few coins on the counter. She listened to the different emotions and felt she may get to watch a fight. the glass being put on the counter brought her attention back and she took the cup and started drinking it. 

Ataraxy and Metty like this

Posted (edited)

LW0cwQ3.jpgThe smell that wafted toward Crystal from the woman who had just taken a seat was familiar. Not necessarily one that she knew, but it was a common mix in her home town of Solum Irae. Turning her baby blue eyes toward the newcomer, the previous snarl shifting into a slight smile. The draconian female swiftly removed her sword sheathe and leaned it against the counter. Lifting a finger to tuck the silver hair behind her ear, Crystal stuck out her free hand toward the cloaked female while a different bartender replaced her class of Fireball whiskey. 

The loudmouth from before had apparently either gone silent or stormed out of the bar; Crystal didn't really care either way. She was just glad the man had stopped his bitching. Gaia it had been annoying as all fuck. 

Regardless if the female shook Crystal's hand or not, Crystal would speak in a relatively friendly manner. Though the cloaked female was a stranger, Crystal tended to be kinder toward those of her own species. 

"Have you been in Oakwood long." she asked, speaking about the city they were currently in. "I just arrived not that long ago."

Edited by Ataraxy
Metty likes this

Vinsue turned and looked at the woman that offered a hand. she in turn shook it. the filling of familiarity hit as she did so. she knew she was sitting near a dragon. she was nice but do to past experiences with her own vinsue was fearful of other dragons but she hid the feeling. "I'm new to the aria." she said now glad to have a name for the aria so she would not sound like a total newby to it.

She noticed the bar had gone quiet and was a bit disappointed she would not get to watch a fight. her guard was up but she hid it. she had been attacked by her own a few to many times and that alone keep her from ever relaxing. 

Metty likes this

Posted (edited)

Downing her third glass of Fireball whiskey that evening, Crystal could feel the effects slowly begin to take form. That being said as a dragon, it would take nearly triple the amount of alcohol required for humans to get her tipsy. Even more for a flat out drunk. 

"Can I get two shots of vodka?" Crystal asked the bartender, motioning toward her empty glass. The dark elf bartender returned her taunt with a thinly forced smile that, for  obvious reasons, did not even come close to reaching his eyes. The draconian female however, simply smirked in smug self satisfaction and went back to the other dragon female that sat beside her. "So, what are you doing in Oakwood? Not many people really come this far out from Lunaris. It's pretty dangerous."

Not a moment after her words spilled from her lips, a group walked into the bar. Each of them gawking at the foreign and downright class of the place. The Black Cherry truly was a tavern that extended beyond dimensions. 

Edited by Ataraxy
Metty likes this

she simply shrugged. she had no reason to be in the aria. after a long nap she had a lot to catch up on and this was the closest to her location. "I guess i came for rumors. and you?" she said and sipped her drink. she thought it was funny how they both had bleach white hair and fair skin. could sche have came across one of her same type? she could ask but she thought it impossible. and decided against it. 

Metty likes this

Elizabet had been travelling all day when she noticed the tavern in the distance. It was dusk, and the tavern emanated from the horizon with a warm glow. Her large longbow had become heavy, her sore muscles ached for a rest, so she decided to walk towards the tavern. Elizabet had just arrived in Taen, not exactly sure of where she landed. She was travelling through the blue hills early that morning when she stumbled upon a rift. She had heard about the mysterious new land, but in the back of her mind she brushed it off as a rumor. However the rift was there, clear as day. Curiosity had overtaken Elizabet, after some hesitation she had crossed over into Taen. Now, she stood before the tavern, an oddly familar atmosphere in such an alien land. She placed the longbow over her shoulder, the wire resting on her sternum, and the wood stretched diagonally across her back. After kicking her muddy boots on a rock, she walked in. Elizabet walks over to the bar at the back of the room, not really caring to focus on her surroundings.

"Could I have a room for the night and a warm meal? I'll take whatever is in the pot." Elizabet said, pulling a pouch from the inside of her black leather jacket. She grabbed a couple of cherries from a bowl, her metal nails making contact against the glass with a soft clink. She turned around and observed the rest of the red tavern, resting her elbows against the bar after placing a cherry in her mouth. It didn't look like a particularly busy night. There were plenty of empty tables, only a few occupied by one or two people. Then again, this was a fairly new place. You never know, this could be the whole town. She smirked. This land seemed like the perfect refuge for a multitude of sins. Elizabet spit the pit out before eating another cherry. 

Ataraxy and Metty like this

Luna had only recently arrived in Oakwood; surprise had filled her upon seeing how the only place she could actually enter was the tavern. Luckily it was a relatively new place in Taen, so getting a temp job hadn't been all that hard. Down right easy in fact. Probably because the owner was a badass. But who knew really.

The rainbow haired girl kept quiet as the loud mouth came and went, most likely scared by her bosses rather fearsome gaze. And still held her mouth as the weird draconian girls chatted.

However, as the new girl entered, asking for a room and some food, Luna piped in. Finally, she'd actually get to do something as tavern waitress. As the brightly colored boots strapped to her feet clapped against the hardwood floor, she smiled pleasantly, or what she thought was pleasantly, at the newcomer.

"We sure can! Room is just 1 gold coin. Meal makes it two. What would you like to eat?" Luna asked. It has been a while since she'd cooked something really delicious.

SHAR.1673.254.2.jpg

Edited by Ataraxy
Piperpie and Metty like this

Elizabet turned as a very colorful woman walked up to her, looking about as bright in attitude as her clothing. Elizabet's eyebrow raised, partly in curiosity and partly in amusement. Elizabet's monochromatic person appeared to dull even more compared to this girl. The incredible contrast of the two was actually humorous. Elizabet smiled back in response to the girl, nodding.

"That's great. Thanks. I'll take whatever you've got." Elizabet said, tilting her head to the side, her silver hair falling in her face. With huff she tussled her hair backward, the mangle of curls falling to either side of her face. She dug into her coin pouch, pulling out 3 gold coins. Putting the pouch back in her jacket, she held the coins out to the girl.

"I'm Elizabet. You are?" She questioned, shifting her position to sit on a bar stool. Her sore feet seemed to moan with relief, and she felt the tension ease from her back a little bit. Resting her elbows on the bar, she wondered if the girl was good at cooking.

Ataraxy likes this

The gold coins clinkered together as Luna slipped them into the money pouch of her apron. She'd put the money in the register later. No rush. Using her hands to pull back her hair, Luna pulled a hair band of the shoulder length rainbow and tied it into a high ponytail. Her short bangs slipped downward, outlining beautifully colored eyes that seemed to almost shift color and shades nonstop.

"Luna," the girl said happily, pushing up her long pink sleeves until elbows showed. "Let's seeeeee." The last sound trailed off as her finger slid down the menu in front of Elizabet. "How do you feel about Rixnaur soup? It's a bit out there, but actually tends to be pretty tasty." Her shoulders bounced. "I mean, assuming you eat meat. Or are a Rixnaur. Which ironically don't eat meat." Luna's words almost seemed to bounce, mixing humor with care and optimism. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to see she was no fighter. "We've also got something called Lasagna. Never had it, but it doesn't look that hard to make."

Elizabet shrugged, resting her chin on her left hand. Her black lips pursed a bit at the Rixnaur soup. That sounded interesting. Elizabet wasn't really one to turn down something new.

"Lasagna's okay, but it doesn't have enough meat in it." She commented, examining her nails in the dim lighting. Her hands were dirty from the trek, and calloused from a multitude of odd jobs she had done in the past. Her long almond shaped nails glimmered a dark tarnished silver color. Tapping them back onto the bar, she looked back up at Luna. She watched how Luna rolled up her sleeves, her cheery attitude untainted by the grim atmosphere around her. She wondered how this girl got into Taen, or even decided to work here out of all places. This place seemed a little rough for this girl. She looked like she just walked out of a fairy tale book. She probably lived in a gingerbread house. She smirked a bit, lost in her own thoughts. Her attention jumped back to what Luna was saying. "What's a Rixnaur?" She questioned, her icy eyes following Luna's finger down the menu. "I'll take that." She spoke, not even waiting for a description to decide she wanted to try it.

"So what brought you to this place? It seems... a little dark for someone like you." Elizabet asked casually, reaching over to eat another cherry. 

Ataraxy likes this

"One Rixnaur soul coming right up," Luna said, glad to have an excuse to make the outlandish soup again. She absently touched the heart tattooed to her right cheek an couple inches below her eye as she flipped through the Black Cherry' s cookbook. Though Eliabet had chosen without waiting to the explanation, Luna let her know anyways. "It's a wild animal in the Jungle quadrant. Four legs, big body, expensive horns, and generally passive creatures." Luna brought a finger up to the corner of her chin. "Though I've never actually seen one." The hand drops and her smile widens. "But I here that they're suuuuper grumpy!"

"So what brought you to this place? It seems... a little dark for someone like you." Elizabet asked casually, reaching over to eat another cherry.

Luna waved her hand at the question, bending down to puzzle through the pot cabinet. The boss had left some cooking materials somewhere here... Ah. There it was.

"You know, I'm not entirely sure myself. Guess I just got tired of living in the same little town." Her eyes shifted to a light blue, their twinkles sparkling like stars in the night sky. Shifting her weight to a single leg, Luna huffed. There were no foreign spices in the cabinet. "I was thinking about being a reporter of sorts, so I was going through the Blue Hills in this totally cool wagon thing to get to Casper. But then they told me I had gotten on the wrong wagon, so it was either walk or go to some place called Lunaris. And I was wearing high heels for my interview." Luna shrugged again, feeling the result fairly self explanatory. Turning to the silver haired woman with a really badass appearance, Luna returned the question. "What brings you this far into the poisonous lands of the swaaaamp quadrantx," she asked, joking using the same intonation during the word swamp as one might while saying ghost.

Maybe it was just the similarity in the name, but Elizabet immediately thought of some sort of rhino or elephant creature based on the description given of the Rixnaur. "Ooookay.." She mumbled, not really wanting to know how she got her hands on that type of meat. She played with the cherry pit in her mouth, testing it's integrity against her metal molars. She watched Luna dig through a cabinet with supplies that looked like they hadn't been touched in ages. Elizabet noticed that her eyes were a different color when she looked back up. Maybe it was a trick of the light... 

"Oh Gaia, heels." Elizabet commented, chuckling. "I would have stayed on the wagon too." She joked, holding one of her hands up in agreement. She was impressed by the boldness of Luna, dropping everything she knew in the blink of an eye for an entirely new land. 

"What brings you this far into the poisonous lands of the swaaaamp quadrant?" 

"Well, I'm more of a wanderer, really." Elizabet rolled her eyes jokingly at the ridiculous way she said 'swamp.' Her eyes shifted from Luna to the bar, tracing the wood grains with her finger. She lifted her head from resting on her hand and sat up a little straighter, flipping the stray crazy hairs away from tickling her face. "I never really stayed in one place longer than a month or so. I was in the Blue Hills today, and I found a small rift. I didn't think Taen really existed until today." As she talked she stared at the monitors on the wall that showed different angles of some sort of room. "So.. I jumped through. I had no way in hell knowing what I got myself into though." She chuckled, lightly rubbing her right temple with her fingertips. "And now I'm here. Don't know what I'm going to do with myself though." She shrugged, sighing deeply. She looked back at Luna. "And I got my boots soiled." She pursed her lips looking down at her worn black leather boots. They were laced up with frayed cord, and the steel was peaking through the left toe of the boot, the leather almost completely worn off. 

Ataraxy likes this

Arashi walked through the door, accidentally breaking it with the strength of herself. She sighed as she looked down at the broken door. "Why does this always happen?! Everytime I open a door this happens!" The dragon hybrid sighed, clumsy as could be, slamed her hand against the wall,  a hole formed in the wooden wall before going to sit over at the bar.

"Sorry...I can't control my strength...this happens everytime I enter somewhere..." She looked over at the rather large hole in the wall, disappointed in herself. She had broken stuff various times by opening doors, sitting on furniture and just by using things. 

"...I don't have money....I keep running out." The draconian female crossed her arms before looking over at the other two woman. Arashi was of musuclar shape, long brown hair, multicolored eyes, crimson red draconic markings on her as well as one V-shaped marking of the same color on her nose. She had various scars on her body. She wore a hoodie with some armor on it, as well as a blue scarf with a ice blue flame design, dark green camo pants and black sneakers. Unlike most of her species, her only defining features were her draconian markings and her crimson red draconian tail with black tiger like markings on it.

The eighteen year old draconian hybrid was annoyed at herself. She barely had control over her strength, abilities and powers. Everytime she used her powers, it'd would end up draining her. She was way too inexperienced. She took up jobs as a mercenary but that didn't pay as much as she hoped for. She still had to steal in order to get money for even a shower and a room at the end of the day, as all of it was spent it on food.

Arashi loved food more than anything else, eating tons of it daily, from her thievery or the money she was given from work. 

Ataraxy and Piperpie like this