Voting has reset for the month of June. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [June]   05/16/2017

Voting for the month of June is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
supernal

Valucre Discord Server

61 posts in this topic

NOTE: Posts on Valucre are what increase our post count. Posts and post count are how new members arriving on the site take a gauge of how active Valucre is in comparison to other sites and helps them make a choice to play here or play elsewhere. The Discord is here for your use but please make an effort to port back any meaningful conversations (networking, plot-related conversation, worldbuilding, etc) or activity to Valucre and help us keep growing. 

For those of you that haven't been around long enough to know, Valucre used to have a chat that we ultimately got rid of it because it was too much work to maintain, and have been without any form of a chat for many years. However in those years a lot has changed. The community that frequents Valucre, the standards in this hobby we all engage in, the OOC interactions that foster them, and the technology that supports all of this, have all changed. I think all for the better too. So with that in mind, I think another chat is a worthy experiment. 

I looked at a few options, including an open-source client that could be installed on the server that currently hosts the site, as well as a plugin for WordPress and a Discord server. The one that takes the least amount of time to install and maintain with the least impact on resources and offers the most functionality is a Discord server, so that's what we're offering. This might change in the future but as Discord offers the same features as the server software I scoped and requires quite a bit less work to spin up, it was an easy decision to start with Discord first.

"Experiment" here means this is something we're trying out. The experiment can fail, at which point we'll revert back to the standard that has brought Valucre to the point it is now. Because it is real-time, it will have specific chat mods to allow for the chat to be moderated actively. Because the chat is peripheral to Valucre and not a part of its core offering, it will also be moderated more strictly, with mods instructed to ban first and ask questions later. 

For any issues the first point of contact is the chat mods, then the glomods, and then the admins, going up the chain only. 

Please note that in line with Discord best practices, upon entering the server users will only be able to Read messages until they are manually sorted into a Members group by a chatmod. 

!!ATTENTION!!: IF YOU WOULD LIKE ACCESS TO THE DISCORD SERVER YOU MUST DIRECT MESSAGE @Acies ab Vesania @Paroxysm @Avvercus @Praetorian OR @Akako Akari WITH YOUR VALUCRE USER NAME AND THE DISCORD SERVER NAME YOU ARE USING PRIOR TO BEING ABLE TO POST. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL PREVENT YOU FROM BEING ABLE TO POST IN CHAT!!!

Here is a link to the Discord: https://discord.gg/8Fcrs36

You can download the application, or access the browser version at: https://discordapp.com/

What you can do with it: Chat with community members in real time about lore, worldbuilding, or general, friendly chatter. 
What it'll help us accomplish: Foster a stronger and more active community and make it easier for new members to become a part of that community.
What it should not be used for: A primary point of contact for administrators. The Valucre PM system and Valucre email, valucre@gmail.com, remain the preferred points of contact.

!!ATTENTION!!: IF YOU WOULD LIKE ACCESS TO THE DISCORD SERVER YOU MUST DIRECT MESSAGE @Acies ab Vesania @Paroxysm @Avvercus @Praetorian OR @Akako Akari WITH YOUR VALUCRE USER NAME AND THE DISCORD SERVER NAME YOU ARE USING PRIOR TO BEING ABLE TO POST. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL PREVENT YOU FROM BEING ABLE TO POST IN CHAT!!!

Been waiting to see where you were going with this. Glad to see you're trying things out, sir! Totally got my attention >~<

supernal likes this

Supes, I'm Almost Best Girl

I'd like the role of Number One Princess, thank you v. much. <3

supernal likes this

Have u already chosen the chatmods?

Edited by Ataraxy
Autocorrect being a bitch

16 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

Have u ready chosen the chatmods?

In addition to the Val staff, there has been one additional chatmod added. I expect to add more over time. 

Akako Akari and Ataraxy like this

This is a pretty fun way to catch up with people. One of the fun things about Discord [for those that don't use it], it'll show you what games people are currently playing on their computer. You might end up finding out that a few people in your writing community also play the same games as you.

Ayden and Metty like this

I'll join.
Won't say I'll be active all the time...
But I'll join. Might as well

Metty likes this

In light of recent events, we will be requiring anyone wishing to join the discord server to provide their Valucre ID in a DM to one of the mods. No exceptions.

Edited by Avvercus

7 hours ago, Avvercus said:

In light of recent events, we will be requiring anyone wishing to join the discord server to provide their Valucre ID in a DM to one of the mods. No exceptions.

Direct message on Discord? Or on Val? 

On 1/30/2017 at 0:52 AM, LastLight said:

Direct message on Discord? Or on Val? 

the preference is on discord. At the very least, as far as I'm concerned, you'll get a response faster if you send it through discord.

Edited by Avvercus