Annie Paige's Diary

Hello! I have some questions.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is where I'm meant to be posting, but if I'm in the wrong place, please tell me.

Hello! I'm new. I have a few questions before I begin roleplaying though, because it's difficult for me to understand new platforms. I'm going to read the lore soon, and I've reworked my main character to fit my understanding of the rules.

One: When I make a post, do I just dump it in its topic or is it more complicated?
Two: Where do I post my character sheet once I've written it?
Three: I've heard beings of dark magic are looked down upon. Is it possible for a human to house a necromantic being in her house? As in, hide them? I have a planned story arc based around this topic.
Four: How many characters can one have? I've got around twenty-six developed characters in my own story that I'm writing, but I'm only concentrating on two with mention of more, who may come into my roleplay soon enough.
Five: Where exactly do I put roleplay starters?
Six: Do transgenders exist in this verse? If not, I can scrap that side of my main.

Anyway, that's all for now, and thank you for any help you may give!

5 minutes ago, Annie Paige's Diary said:

Hi, I'm not sure if this is where I'm meant to be posting, but if I'm in the wrong place, please tell me.

Hello! I'm new. I have a few questions before I begin roleplaying though, because it's difficult for me to understand new platforms. I'm going to read the lore soon, and I've reworked my main character to fit my understanding of the rules.

One: When I make a post, do I just dump it in its topic or is it more complicated?
Two: Where do I post my character sheet once I've written it?
Three: I've heard beings of dark magic are looked down upon. Is it possible for a human to house a necromantic being in her house? As in, hide them? I have a planned story arc based around this topic.
Four: How many characters can one have? I've got around twenty-six developed characters in my own story that I'm writing, but I'm only concentrating on two with mention of more, who may come into my roleplay soon enough.
Five: Where exactly do I put roleplay starters?
Six: Do transgenders exist in this verse? If not, I can scrap that side of my main.

Anyway, that's all for now, and thank you for any help you may give!

Hello there. I have some answers for you.

We have a dedicated Help forum and "ask me anything" threads for board leaders, for lore, as well as administrators, but there's nothing wrong with asking questions in your introduction :) 

1 - You can just jump into a topic. Usually threads are tagged Open or Closed, with Open meaning "come on in!" and closed meaning "private storyline". If you don't see a tag its courteous to private message the creator to find a good way to introduce your character but generally speaking Valucre is friendly and open to new members. 

2 - You can post it in the profile database. Keeping in mind that sheets are optional here is a link: https://www.valucre.com/forum/9-profile-database/

3 - It depends on where you are. In some areas, for religious reasons, dark beings or the undead are not favored, but in other places, for the same or political or other lore reasons, they're celebrated. Often they're just a walk of life. It is possible for a human being to house a necromancer or dark being in their home. Whether this means just having a roommate or whether this means hiding a refugee can be up to you. 

4 - There is no limit other than what you feel you can comfortably handle. 

5 - I'm not sure what a roleplay starter is but assuming it's like an announcement or advertisement or a recruitment thread to find new people to play with, that would go in the water cooler: https://www.valucre.com/forum/166-water-cooler/

6 - I don't know if I can point to a specific example of a player having done this before off the top of my head but there is no limit to transgender type characters in this setting. As it is a fantasy setting and people have played things like aliens, sentient oozes, and so on, this shouldn't be an issue or even a surprise to most people.

Hope this helps :) Welcome to Valucre!

3 minutes ago, supernal said:

Hello there. I have some answers for you.

We have a dedicated Help forum and "ask me anything" threads for board leaders, for lore, as well as administrators, but there's nothing wrong with asking questions in your introduction :) 

1 - You can just jump into a topic. Usually threads are tagged Open or Closed, with Open meaning "come on in!" and closed meaning "private storyline". If you don't see a tag its courteous to private message the creator to find a good way to introduce your character but generally speaking Valucre is friendly and open to new members. 

2 - You can post it in the profile database. Keeping in mind that sheets are optional here is a link: https://www.valucre.com/forum/9-profile-database/

3 - It depends on where you are. In some areas, for religious reasons, dark beings or the undead are not favored, but in other places, for the same or political or other lore reasons, they're celebrated. Often they're just a walk of life. It is possible for a human being to house a necromancer or dark being in their home. Whether this means just having a roommate or whether this means hiding a refugee can be up to you. 

4 - There is no limit other than what you feel you can comfortably handle. 

5 - I'm not sure what a roleplay starter is but assuming it's like an announcement or advertisement or a recruitment thread to find new people to play with, that would go in the water cooler: https://www.valucre.com/forum/166-water-cooler/

6 - I don't know if I can point to a specific example of a player having done this before off the top of my head but there is no limit to transgender type characters in this setting. As it is a fantasy setting and people have played things like aliens, sentient oozes, and so on, this shouldn't be an issue or even a surprise to most people.

Hope this helps :) Welcome to Valucre!

Thank you! But I need to ask a little further just to make sure, okay? :)

2 - Thank you, but am I allowed to write my own sheet?

3 - I was planning having her in Terrenus. I was thinking about her having come from an orphanage and now living in in her own little apartment (I'd also like to ask where in Terrenus there happened to be an apartment complex and a marketplace, as well as the level of technology there if there were). I wanted her to have met a Vampire (from where the Vampire Queen is, presumably), and to have kept him with her when she realised he didn't have a family or anyone to go. While on the topic, are Vampires able to naturally reproduce? Do they have to be bitten, or can they sexually reproduce? So that he can have a biological family, as that was a plot point in his character. Also, if he could by any chance be a form of royalty, what could be be?

Thank you for the introduction! :)

4 minutes ago, Annie Paige's Diary said:

3 - I was planning having her in Terrenus. I was thinking about her having come from an orphanage and now living in in her own little apartment (I'd also like to ask where in Terrenus there happened to be an apartment complex and a marketplace, as well as the level of technology there if there were). I wanted her to have met a Vampire (from where the Vampire Queen is, presumably), and to have kept him with her when she realised he didn't have a family or anyone to go. While on the topic, are Vampires able to naturally reproduce? Do they have to be bitten, or can they sexually reproduce? So that he can have a biological family, as that was a plot point in his character. Also, if he could by any chance be a form of royalty, what could be be?

2 - Yes, absolutely. They are not required but are optional so you can feel free to make a sheet or not as the spirit moves you. All up to you. 

3 - As the board leader in Terrenus I can tell you first hand, that sounds just fine. 

Regarding a good area to come from, any of the major cities listed in the Terrenus lore page would serve the function of having an apartment complex and a marketplace, but three particular areas of interest are 

Palgard: Which is run down after some nasty explosions and in the process of being rebuilt
Tia: Which is known for its vampire population and steampunk level technology
Dougton: Which is known for its more rural setting but would still be able to support your plot

You can read about any of these cities, and more, on the landing page: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/terrenus/terrenus-landing-page/

As far as being able to reproduce biologically, I have an entry for a "Terran vampire" right here: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/terrenus/vampyr-r613/

The short answer is that if you are a vampire from Terrenus, or created by a vampire that is, and follow the lore above, then no, your vampire cannot reproduce biologically. If you want to make up your own breed/type of vampire that can, feel free. 

As for royalty, how about a Noble?

4 minutes ago, Annie Paige's Diary said:

Yes, your free to write your own sheet! It's not needed but it's nice for others to see stuff about your character. 

7 minutes ago, supernal said:

2 - Yes, absolutely. They are not required but are optional so you can feel free to make a sheet or not as the spirit moves you. All up to you. 

3 - As the board leader in Terrenus I can tell you first hand, that sounds just fine. 

Regarding a good area to come from, any of the major cities listed in the Terrenus lore page would serve the function of having an apartment complex and a marketplace, but three particular areas of interest are 

Palgard: Which is run down after some nasty explosions and in the process of being rebuilt
Tia: Which is known for its vampire population and steampunk level technology
Dougton: Which is known for its more rural setting but would still be able to support your plot

You can read about any of these cities, and more, on the landing page: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/terrenus/terrenus-landing-page/

As far as being able to reproduce biologically, I have an entry for a "Terran vampire" right here: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/terrenus/vampyr-r613/

The short answer is that if you are a vampire from Terrenus, or created by a vampire that is, and follow the lore above, then no, your vampire cannot reproduce biologically. If you want to make up your own breed/type of vampire that can, feel free. 

As for royalty, how about a Noble?

First, define "Noble". :)

Well, I do have plans for a Vampire breed - he was never like other Vampires. He was basically like them, but allergic to water (as well as the natural silver, sunlight and garlic), with certain telekinetic abilities implanted in his being, as well as having certain features that I don't think are normally recognized in Vampires (hypersensitive hearing, and some sort of laid-back "I'm not phased by your religion" attitude. I believe Vampires are affected by crosses, holy water and other holy things?). How would I be able to submit this type of Vampire, where, and what would I name it?

Edited by Annie Paige's Diary
Quoted the same thing twice.

8 minutes ago, Annie Paige's Diary said:

First, define "Noble". :)

Well, I do have plans for a Vampire breed - he was never like other Vampires. He was basically like them, but allergic to water (as well as the natural silver, sunlight and garlic), with certain telekinetic abilities implanted in his being, as well as having certain features that I don't think are normally recognized in Vampires (hypersensitive hearing, and some sort of laid-back "I'm not phased by your religion" attitude. I believe Vampires are affected by crosses, holy water and other holy things?). How would I be able to submit this type of Vampire, where, and what would I name it?

How's about you define "form of royalty" and we go from there?

You can create information for your race in the User Lore board, but that's only required if you plan on fleshing it out with enough detail to make it a playable race for other people. If you wanted to just make a character that was like that and detail those things in his character sheet, that would be fine too.

Here's the user lore board: https://www.valucre.com/forum/114-user-lore/

As to what you would name it, that'd be up to you right? It's your creation!

2 minutes ago, supernal said:

How's about you define "form of royalty" and we go from there?

You can create information for your race in the User Lore board, but that's only required if you plan on fleshing it out with enough detail to make it a playable race for other people. If you wanted to just make a character that was like that and detail those things in his character sheet, that would be fine too.

Here's the user lore board: https://www.valucre.com/forum/114-user-lore/

As to what you would name it, that'd be up to you right? It's your creation!

Well, I mean a man whose family was of higher status than most people, having power in the land and being quite rich. It was in his lore that he'd lost his power and family.

Well, I'm just kind of uncreative with names, as in my personal story, they're just "Vampires". Maybe Hydrophobic Vampire? And yeah, I assumed he'd be part of a playable race. :)

3 minutes ago, Annie Paige's Diary said:

Well, I mean a man whose family was of higher status than most people, having power in the land and being quite rich. It was in his lore that he'd lost his power and family.

Well, I'm just kind of uncreative with names, as in my personal story, they're just "Vampires". Maybe Hydrophobic Vampire? And yeah, I assumed he'd be part of a playable race. :)

That sounds to me how I'd define a noble. Someone belonging to a family with high social or political status. So as part of the narrative of your character's background that's fine by me 

Just now, supernal said:

That sounds to me how I'd define a noble. Someone belonging to a family with high social or political status. So as part of the narrative of your character's background that's fine by me 

Alright! So, I'm going to release the two characters (in the same post) in the profile database and list the Hydrophobic Vampires in user lore. Is that okay?

Just now, Metty the Cutiefly said:

Annie, I see your from the UK, me too xD

Heyheyhey! High-five! X3

8 minutes ago, Annie Paige's Diary said:

Alright! So, I'm going to release the two characters (in the same post) in the profile database and list the Hydrophobic Vampires in user lore. Is that okay?

Heyheyhey! High-five! X3

Sure is!