Jump to content
Annie Paige's Diary

Hello! I have some questions.

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, supernal said:

How's about you define "form of royalty" and we go from there?

You can create information for your race in the User Lore board, but that's only required if you plan on fleshing it out with enough detail to make it a playable race for other people. If you wanted to just make a character that was like that and detail those things in his character sheet, that would be fine too.

Here's the user lore board: https://www.valucre.com/forum/114-user-lore/

As to what you would name it, that'd be up to you right? It's your creation!

Actually didn't know about this myself. (making plans to write up races) 

@Annie Paige's Diary Weland is very Japanese

Edited by Pandorite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Annie Paige's Diary said:

@supernal Also, what ethnicities are there? Where would she be from that had an orphanage, and where could the other come from? I'm looking for cultures similar to that of Japanese, and Russian/Romanian.

We don't have a list of ethnic identities or anything so your safest bet would be to treat the geographically separated areas as their own ethnicities. People from Orisia are Orisians, from Terrenus are Terrans, from Genesaris are Genesarans, and so on. Beyond that cultural identity has to do more with location, political and social structure, than specific cultures, unless you're of course talking about the different races which carry their own cultures as well.

But keeping to Terrenus, as Pandorite indicated, Weland has some Asiatic influences. I don't know if we have something that screams Russian at me but the Shawnee glacier tribes may serve the purpose. Lacking any definitive source, feel free to generate this detail yourself. 

Regarding your other questions, there are multiple cities, and any one of them can have an orphanage even if it isn't explicitly detailed. The same is true for bars, colleges, jails, hospitals, and so on. So pick a place you like, and go from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, supernal said:

We don't have a list of ethnic identities or anything so your safest bet would be to treat the geographically separated areas as their own ethnicities. People from Orisia are Orisians, from Terrenus are Terrans, from Genesaris are Genesarans, and so on. Beyond that cultural identity has to do more with location, political and social structure, than specific cultures, unless you're of course talking about the different races which carry their own cultures as well.

But keeping to Terrenus, as Pandorite indicated, Weland has some Asiatic influences. I don't know if we have something that screams Russian at me but the Shawnee glacier tribes may serve the purpose. Lacking any definitive source, feel free to generate this detail yourself. 

Regarding your other questions, there are multiple cities, and any one of them can have an orphanage even if it isn't explicitly detailed. The same is true for bars, colleges, jails, hospitals, and so on. So pick a place you like, and go from there. 

Should I just not name where exactly she comes from? It could add another element of mystery to our already quite mysterious character, especially considering nobody knows where she does come from anyway - that's part of her character.

So should I just say that he's from the Shawnee glacier tribes then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Annie Paige's Diary said:

Should I just not name where exactly she comes from? It could add another element of mystery to our already quite mysterious character, especially considering nobody knows where she does come from anyway - that's part of her character.

So should I just say that he's from the Shawnee glacier tribes then? 

You can. So if that's what you want to do and it feels good for the story you want to tell, I encourage it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, supernal said:

You can. So if that's what you want to do and it feels good for the story you want to tell, I encourage it 

Okay, thank you! If I have any more questions, I'll come to you. :)

Actually, I have another question - how do I do the layout to write up the Hydrophobic Vampires? @supernal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Annie Paige's Diary said:

Okay, thank you! If I have any more questions, I'll come to you. :)

Actually, I have another question - how do I do the layout to write up the Hydrophobic Vampires? @supernal

There is a template at the very bottom of the Terrenus creature codex you can use: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/terrenus/terrenus-creature-codex-r609/

There is also a template in the user lore > lore templates thread: https://www.valucre.com/topic/21168-lore-templates/?do=findComment&comment=320108

You can use these or make up your own 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, supernal said:

There is a template at the very bottom of the Terrenus creature codex you can use: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/terrenus/terrenus-creature-codex-r609/

There is also a template in the user lore > lore templates thread: https://www.valucre.com/topic/21168-lore-templates/?do=findComment&comment=320108

You can use these or make up your own 

Alright, I'll use that then! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...