Voting has reset for the month of March. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

Metty

[SECTOR 3] The Hunter becomes the Hunted

22 posts in this topic

Nurse Eugenia stood, staring at Danihg as the door to the elevator closed. Her face showed a slight wince of displeasure, but there was no one left to take care of Danihg except for the robots that arrived to clean up the wreckage and gather up any bodies that were left by the accident. A slender man in a suit greeted Danihg with two raised eyebrows. "Ah, I see you have awakened. Very well." He held elven features. He looked around him. In his calm voice, he began to describe his surroundings. "The wreckage here is not terrible. It will be easy to rebuild from this. Unfortunately, there was a loss of life, but it's not terrible. Everything you see here will be rebuilt and it will be as though nothing has happened. The advancement of science has happened." The doctor adjusted his glasses and shrugged. "You just missed Nurse Eugenia." He added. "Those that were hurt today will recover fully more than likely. Some..enhancements..may need to be made."

He turned to Danihg. "What are you called?" The doctor did not exactly know how to address Danihg.

On the elevator, Nurse Eugenia stared upwards at the display that lit up in descending order until Wendolyn and she reached the first floor. Eugenia allowed Wendolyn to walk out first before she walked out, heading in a different direction.

Gisela was grinning as she poised the needle against Arashi's bulging vein. She gently slid the needle into Arashi's arm and began to withdraw blood. She watched as a vial filled completely with Arashi's blood. Then she replaced it with another vial. In the process of filling the second vial, Eugenia knocked on the wall, then entered holding the large scalpel in her left hand.

"I found it." But Eugenia's eyes remained fixed on the second full vial of blood. Gisela did not acknowledge Eugenia's arrival. She simply reached for another vial. Eugenia was not going to correct her at all. She knew of the consequences.

Fletcher Devor Wolf and Metty like this

Arashi turned her head around, freaked out by the nurse holding the scalpel, of course, this freaked the Dragonkin out enough that she actually nearly fell over unconscious from being scared that bad. Poor kid. Scared of pretty much everything in a hospital. Not going well, at all.

Fletcher Devor Wolf likes this

"Perfect." The mad Royal Nurse whispered to no one in particular as Arashi passed out. She had finally finished up with the third vial when she turned to Eugenia. The brunette handed Gisela the scalpel careful so as to not cut herself. "What happened upstairs?" She asked after she had the scalpel in her hand. 

Eugenia switched her stance to brace herself for a blow. "A dwarven drove a car through one of the large glass windows on the eighth floor. The bodies have already been taken to the morgue." Her voice was cool and unemotional as Gisela took a sample of Arashi's hair, followed by her skin. Well, what she could get of it. "The injured are being treated. Also one of the other experiments have escaped." Gisela's tongue stuck out in concentration. 

"Which one?" She asked after a moment of silence. 

"Well, the... weird... one." Eugenia added after a pause. "The one that was someone else's work."

"Ah. I hope Dr. Llewellyn can handle it. It would be a shame to lose a genius like him." Dr. Llewellyn was just another Unseelie like Gisela, but unlike Gisela, the good doctor had a fair amount of medical experience and enough loyalty to Gisela to remain in the same building has her. 

Gisela smirked, sending a nurse out with one of the vials of blood. One would go into storage and the other would be for later. Gisela disposed of the needle and supplies she was using earlier. She spoke to the unconscious Arashi and sighed softly. "That wasn't so bad, was it?" She asked while washing her hands. The blonde just plopped down in the stool near where Arashi was lying. She began to perform a routine examination. "Find a locator chip, Eugenia. Return when you have found the corresponding antidote as well." She said quietly. Eugenia nodded silently and left Arashi and Gisela alone. 

With a tenderness that a mother would have for her child, Gisela ran a hand along Arashi's forehead. "It's almost over. They're working on your medicine." 

Arashi woke up about an hour later, looking around to see where she was. She got such a shock from the scalpel that it freaked her out enough to knock her out. "I shouldn't of eaten that...god damn it..." She shook her head. The dragonkin was obviously mad at herself for going and eating a poisonous plant cause she was hungry. At least it wasn't going to kill her in a few minutes. Thank god.

Arashi hated hospitals. They were like labs. Worst place ever. Who wants to be in one? Arashi obviously didn't. Needles were the worst. 

Deep within the foundation of Cosanastre General, the Royal Doctor was just coming online. The re-constitution of neural patterns approximating a human brain, overlaid onto a supercomputer mainframe, felt surprisingly similar to waking up in a normal "body." The same feeling of general grogginess and sluggishness in both cases..... but as his circuits heated up, so too did White's thoughts. He quickly reviewed what had happened to his first chassis out in the remote waters beyond Stonehaven--what he'd been doing, why he'd been there, how he had died. Well, he was back here now, so his little backup plan had passed its first field test, it would seem. That was good news. White hadn't really been looking forward to ceasing his existence. Of course, the question remained as to whether he was actually the original White, or if the original White was well and truly dead and he was merely a clone of the original White's consciousness which shared his original personality and memories--and was therefore indistinguishable to an outward observer, but was in fact a wholly separate entity.

White supposed it didn't really matter one way or the other. He fired off an anonymous transmission to Stonehaven containing the hacked video recordings and the last hour or so of data logs from his now-obliterated physical form. Hopefully they could do something with that. For now, he intended to get back to "running" his sector, which meant using it as a sandbox with which to amuse himself. Instead of being a three year old on a playground, he was essentially a god with dominion over a whole sub-city, but other than that difference of scope, it was a very apt comparison. Mostly things were ho-hum. The experiments in the restricted wings of Cosanastre General, sick and depraved as they might be to an inferior mind, interested him little. Though it was an advantage in absolute terms to possess such an overwhelming cognitive capacity, it did make it very difficult to keep oneself entertained, when all the relevant facts about more or less anything could be absorbed and analyzed in a matter of nanoseconds. White knew the variables of his city in and out, like the back of his motherboard. To a single human on the ground, things seemed chaotic, constantly shifting, but from his ten-thousand circuit view, they looked utterly mundane.

That was what he had Gisela for. Checking up on his Royal Nurse's most recent activities, White was pleased to see that she'd acquired a new specimen.....

Shortly after Arashi awoke, a computerized voice would ring through the room in which she was contained.

"Stand up and cross the room to the east wall. Remove the fourth panel from the left corner of this wall, approximately at the height of your face. I have deposited a small listening device in the slot there. Insert it into your right ear canal. Do this immediately if you wish to live."

This should be fun, at least for a minute or two.

"No, you shouldn't have eaten that poisonous plant, but you've been administered your first treatment. Man, girl can eat!" Gisela said, lacking the professional bedside manner of a doctor. Or a nurse, really. She had just finished laughing as Arashi had awakened. Gisela had her bed wheeled into the experimental wing of the hospital. Of course, Arashi would receive the treatment she required, but a hospital stay was never free. Before leaving, Gisela had closed the door and locked it.

Her footsteps became more urgent as she walked towards the elevator. The door opened slowly, alerting the nurses that bustled about the silent hallways of its arrival. Gisela kept quiet as she entered the elevator. Her assistant, Eugenia, moved over and stared upwards. Her hands were folded in front of her. Gisela spoke softly. "I want to see what the subject does." She said softly. Gisela had no idea what White had planned. Or even that White had awakened. They hadn't seen each other much. Gisela sighed softly as she walked out of the elevator into her office once it arrived. Her office was silent. The room itself was gigantic, with the word office being a loose term.

Part lab, part apartment, and part actual office, Gisela's office was clean and almost spotless. Resting on her desk was one of the vials of Arashi's blood on ice. Eugenia sighed softly. "I had this prepared for you. The other two samples are in the lab being studied as well as the hair and skin samples."

"Thank you." Gisela said, her voice lacking the vigor it held before. A monitor illuminated the wall behind her as the feed to Arashi's room played for the moment. She heard White's voice then spun to face the monitor while she held the vial of blood. "Daddy's home." Her voice held a sing-song, teasing tone as she took the top off the vial of Arashi's blood and took in a deep breath.

"Open your mouth and through the gums, watch out tum 'cuz here it comes!" Lifting the vial to her lips and downing the blood in one swell gulp.

Danihg wasn't even sure of how to react now still with his tail raised, "You ask and you are not scared of me? I am a Haruken Ordriey a Umbra Penumbra Haunt Lycanthrope, Biological Cyborg, my name being Danihg Zuhn Bagoon. I know it was probably a mouthful of words. What is this place really? A laboratory? I worked with other scientists but I I... I am not familiar with you nor this place. Now if you would excuse me Dr.... Dr... Whoever you are just leave me be." He had let himself calm down but he quickly scampered across the room. A pace much faster than a human. His augmented hands and his hooves clacking against the linoleum floor. He changed his hair and skin colour to blend into the surroundings as he tried to make his way about.

He leaped up and missed the vent which he growled and ran to the elevator instead trying to go to the first floor. He didn't want to wait but he waited anyway starting to panic. He just wanted to get out of here, that was all he desired at this moment and if he were to be given a chase he would let them. He wondered if the man with elven features would try to follow him or attempt something. Danihg felt like a cornered animal with it's fur bristling in fear and anger.

Edited by Fletcher Devor Wolf