Voting has reset for the month of July. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [July]   05/16/2017

Voting for the month of July is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
Eternity

A way to pass the time

12 posts in this topic

@Pasion Pasiva

A week had passed since the Kings coronation, Constance had stayed good on her word and duty as a Knight by staying in Versilla by request of the King. After the night of the coronation she had stayed in the barracks with her people she had soon returned to her quarters in the castle. Spending most of her evenings dining in her quarters, reading books, and finding herself lost in the woods when the moon was at its fullest.

Constance could be found in the stables tending to a beautiful black horse, his large muscles could be seen through the shine of his fur. Brushing over his body with a soft brush, she would follow it with her bare hand. While tending to the horse he would rest his head on her shoulder for a moment, letting her know he appreciated what she was doing.

Spoiler

black%20horse%2039_zpskou4avsy.jpg

Patting the beast on the thickness of his neck, she would move to comb through his long main. Moving to a small table that held items for her horse, she would start to pick up small rubber bands to use with his braids. Combing her fingers through his hair, she would quickly put small braids into his main.

“You’re such a good boy.”

Giving the horse another pat on his neck, she would bend down reaching into a bucket that held treats for him. Pulling out an apple, she would give it to him while she started to muck out his hooves. Although they had stable hands to care for the horses, Constance took pride in caring for her own beast. She found it quite relaxing taking care of her Midnight, he brought ease her in a time where she dealt with so many of her own emotions.

Having shut him out of her mind with the wall she built, it was almost difficult at times to keep it up. She worked hard mentally to keep him out, to keep him from feeling the little pain she held in her heart. Reality was she wasn’t what he wanted, and she really wasn’t what the people needed either.  Days prior to this one she has arranged for more materials and other workers to go back to Izabal to help with the construction of the light house.

Plans were in the works for her to return to the coastal city to supervise the building process, but she had been reassured by others beneath her that they had it taken care of. They could see the pain she held in her eyes at times, but they felt she needed to stay where she was with Lucis taking the crown and its power.

Edited by Eternity
Pasion Pasiva likes this

Finishing the hooves of her great black stead, she would move around to take the reins that dangled from his neck and lead him towards his empty stall. Removing the reins from Midnight, she would make sure to fill his bucket with oats, and a few carrots. Closing the door to his stall, she would clean up her supplies used in caring for her horse.

Smiling to some of the caretakers who would pass her by, she would carefully put each item back where they could be found by the staff that cared for all of the other horses. Constance had become a familiar face in the stables as of late, finding it be a place to find peace from her duties or a place to think.

Dusting off her clothing, she would take her sword that was hanging near the stall of her horse sliding into its place on her hip. At times the great wall she had built in her mind’s eye would start to crumble, giving way to a few escaped emotions, or thoughts.

Leaving the stables, she would glance up to the massive building that was the castle, all of the stained glass would reflect the light of the sun. Protected by an amulet that was enchanted by a witch, she would be safe walking in daylight.

Taking advantage of the ability to walk in daylight, she would wander towards the gardens that were always well kept. Passing the great golden hall that held the coronation not but a week before, she would stare at it for what seemed an eternity. Turning her crimson gaze away from the hall, she would stop near the maze.

“Should I take the longer route?” Posing the questions as if someone would answer her.

@Pasion Pasiva

Watching as staff moved to water the plants that rest in the planters near the golden hall, the doors would be wide open to let in the fresh warm air of spring. Turning her gaze from them she would continue her path into the gardens that were well cared for by the gardeners, and the creatures that loved the flowers and trees that grew there.

It appeared that the King didn’t have the time to meet with her, wishing to keep her waiting in the capital since that night. Constance knew she was just another pawn to be used to gain or hold the power of the land, at least that is how she was beginning to feel.

Disappearing into the hedges that were covered in small pink flowers, she would let her hands run over the green that covered the branches that had been trimmed into a perfect shape. The cool feel of the leaves tickled her flesh, the smell was overwhelming to the vampire senses. She could make out roses, lilacs, and many other flowers, even the trees had their own scents.

Losing herself in the garden, Constance’s wall between her and the king fell without her noticing. Her feeling of happiness in the garden would reach the King, the sense of the smells and sights would reach out through her thoughts.

Hours had passed while she wandered the castle gardens, all the flowers imprinting themselves in her with their sweet scents and beautiful images. Constance could be found sitting on a bench made of marble with a white rose in her hand, twirling the flower by its stem. Lifting the white petal beauty to her nose, closing her eyes while bringing in the sweet scent into her nose. The silk of the petals brushed her nose, while the feel of the stem stimulated the skin of her finger tips.

The sun sat at its highest point in the sky, the warmth of its rays touching her face. Bringing the rose to rest in her hand on her lap, looking up at the trees that created shaded areas here and there. It appeared that she was just a second thought if not the last to the King, just a knight to be ordered around.

Setting the rose down on the edge of the bench, she would lean back with her hands palm down behind her. Letting the sun beat down on her, the thought of removing her ring that protected her cross her mind. Constance wasn’t a weak minded person, but she felt that she was of no use to the DuGrace family any more.

Lucis Angelus DuGrace

He did not need any special amulet to allow him to walk in the sunlight. By virtue of his strange parentage -- his father being a red wyrm -- Lucis was able to walk without much distress during daylight hours.There was of course a preference for the nighttime, the cool of the darkness, the strange sort of isolation that came when all the rest of the world laid itself down to sleep.

These thoughts carried him forward on his way to meet with Constance. He was late, hours late, and he wasn’t certain if he was even going to find the woman. She had been on edge, at least that’s what the servants told her. Of course he had asked them to keep an eye on her, especially after the events of the masquerade, but he didn’t know how to deal with it or what to say. They had lived a whirlwind romance, sweet, beautiful, but short. It felt like it had ended, but it seemed that she had not made her peace with it yet. Closure seemed like the only kindness he could afford her. But there was an ache in his gut. As if he were walking to a funeral now, as if he were on his way to say goodbye.

“I am so sorry I am late,” he said by way of greeting as he turned the corner of a high and neatly trimmed hedge. He was dressed in black slacks and a black  button down shirt. The collar was neatly tucked close to his neck, and the sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. It looked like he had been wearing a coat with the outfit, but it was forgotten somewhere. “There are meetings,” he said, trying to explain, “it’s very hard to take over where my mother left off. Death is like that, isn’t it? Unexpected and without concern for the plans of the living.”

He sighed and sat down besides her.

He looked tired, beat, and undeniably sad.

“I didn’t mean to make you wait so long. I should have sent word so you didn’t linger out here alone. I won’t make excuses. I can be quite thoughtless, can’t I?” he asked her, turning his bright golden eyes to her. Examining her own sad features. “Are you alright, Constance?”

Eternity likes this

She almost felt him coming towards the gardens, and he slightly startled her from resting in the sunlight. He moved to sit next to her on the bench, with a quick movement she had rescued the white rose from being sat on by Lucis.

“Meetings, loose ends, and much more to be taken care of by yourself, I totally understand that life as a king or queen can never wait.”

Pushing her palms off the bench, she would sit up straight. “I am alright, Lucis.” Sucking in a slow breath, burying any thoughts she may have just had.  

Twirling the rose in her hand, she would stare into the white silky petals. “I was thinking about leaving, maybe find something better to do with my life.” It was too late to take back the statement she had just made, her red eyes would meet his golden hues.

“Forgive me, I know my place as a knight. I had no right to express myself to you the way I did at the coronation. “

Closure was what Constance needed, and she was giving it to herself.

He was glad that she rescued the white rose, which he had clumsily almost crushed. But his gladness just about died there. She straightened, and he slouched, bending forward and resting his elbows on his knees. She spoke softly but he seemed lost in thought. His golden eyes were cast beyond the downward sloping gardens, far off to the shimmering and shining blue waters of Lake Atitlan, which spread open like a sea more so than a lake. There were ships sailing across the horizon -- little droplets of color against the vast blue, and a breeze that blew the many smells that they carried: spices, perfumes, fresh fruit, recently dyed fabrics, and many other things. Orisia moved onward, always toward the future, even while they sat there together ending something beautiful.

“I was thinking about leaving, maybe find something better to do with my life.”

“Better than serving your king and country?” he asked, somewhat embittered. It felt like a slap to the face to hear her say that being a knight of the Black Heart was somehow a waste of her time and that there were better things to be done. However, he pulled back on his emotions and hung his head after a moment. “I am sorry, I understand what you’re saying.”

“Forgive me, I know my place as knight. I had no right to express myself to you the way I did at the coronation.”

“We should be honest Constance -- you don’t see me as king, anymore than I see you as a knight. We had something very special, didn’t we?” He asked, looking at her over his shoulder. “I am sorry for the way I left, without telling you what was happening in my head, for never clearing anything up. I just drifted away.”

Eternity likes this

Turning her crimson eyes to Lucis, she would offer him the white rose she had just rescued. Once he would take the rose if he did, her hands would move to rest in her lap. Her finger tips moving against the fabric of her pants, the feel of it against her skin soft.

“What we had was short and bitter sweet, Lucis.”

Shifting her weight more, she would turn her body towards him more.

“I forgive you.”

Quite honestly Constance didn’t know what to say or do with Lucis now sitting next to her. He left so quickly after rescuing her, the very inside of her heart and mind a complete mess. Silence fell between them, giving her time to think of what to say next.

“I understand that I am not what you want or need, which is why I think that maybe I should leave.” Letting out a soft sigh, she brought her hands to rest palm against the cool marble of the bench. “I am not of the high royal family you need at your side, probably not your choice in a companion or mother of children. I am a warrior of a lost royal family, a princess of the past. “

Standing from her seat next to him, turning towards him. “And I know that you’re only here to end it all for us, to close up the past event in our lives and move on.”

Pasion Pasiva likes this

Lucis held the white rose with all the tenderness that a newly made father might hold his newly born son. It was delicate and frail, he realized as he examined the white petals that were already bruising from the rough treatment of nearly being sat on and then rescued. He felt that their relationship reflected the poor state in which the rose found itself, and it seemed that she agreed.

“And I know that you’re only here to end it all for us, to close up the past event in our lives and move on.”

“I could never simply end things or close up the events of our lives -- those things happened, and the things we felt can never be unfelt, nor would I wish them to be unfelt. You made me very happy when I was very unhappy, and for that I owe you so much. Unfortunately, as you’ve already guessed, all of that affection and care simply does not translate to love.”

He too stood up and gently set the white rose down. Holding the flower felt too much like mourning, and he didn’t want to feel that way -- not when he was standing so close to the woman whom he had given life to, whom had in turn given life to him.

“The love that I have for you is pure and strong, and it will prevent me from holding you back and keeping you here, even though that’s what I wish I could do. You are my friend, one of the very best, and it hurts me deeply to know that you wish to leave. But I understand your reasons, and I won’t stand in your way. You’ve served Orisia better than most, I suppose this is the least that we all owe you -- a chance to go and find your happiness.”

He was a massive man. He towered over her, and yet he still managed to look perfectly vulnerable with his sad golden eyes peering down at her. It took everything in him to resist the urge to pull her into his chest and hold her tight until all the hurt and disatisfaction was gone, and she could again be his friend. But he knew better. She had to leave him, and he had to hope that someday she would come back.

Eternity likes this

“I could never simply end things or close up the events of our lives -- those things happened, and the things we felt can never be unfelt, nor would I wish them to be unfelt. You made me very happy when I was very unhappy, and for that I owe you so much. Unfortunately, as you’ve already guessed, all of that affection and care simply does not translate to love.”

“You’re right, it just doesn’t translate to love. “Watching him stand and set the white rose down onto the bench, she would stare down at the delicate flower that would soon wilt into nothing. Turning her red gaze upon him, she noted how much taller than he was than her.

“The love that I have for you is pure and strong, and it will prevent me from holding you back and keeping you here, even though that’s what I wish I could do. You are my friend, one of the very best, and it hurts me deeply to know that you wish to leave. But I understand your reasons, and I won’t stand in your way. You’ve served Orisia better than most, I suppose this is the least that we all owe you -- a chance to go and find your happiness.”

Folding her hands down in front of herself, she would look away to the swaying trees nearby. Moving in close to him, she would touch his chest gently with her right hand over his heart. “I will still be here, my love and all.”

Pulling her hand away from his chest, she felt the urge to cry. Sucking in a breath, she would bring forth the stubborn warrior that sat inside her. She wasn’t going to be weak, although she was already so vulnerable within this moment.

“I hate to hurt you like this my King, I’ve lived a long time already and it takes much longer for my heart to heal.”

Moving towards a sculpted bush, she would brush her hand over the leaves ever so gently. The feeling of them against her skin was like silk.

She took his hand away before he could reach out to take it. This wounded him deeply, but he didn’t complain and he didn’t go after her. What good would it do to offer his comfort, when he could give her no more. They both knew what she wanted, and now they both knew that he couldn’t deliver. So he stood there, watching her move back, knowing that every step she took was carrying her farther and farther away.

“All I can ever wish for you is the best. Go and heal your heart. Do whatever it takes. Know that I will always be here as a good and loyal friend. I adore you, and I will always help you when and if I can.”

What more could be said, what more could be offered. He saw her standing besides the sculptured shrub, and felt an urge to go to her, to claim her small shoulders and turn her around. He wanted a kiss -- one last time. Her lips against his, and the sweet residue of her breath on his tongue. But he resisted because it was only a cruelty, and a selfish desire.

“Where will you go -- what can I offer to make your travels more comfortable and safer?”

Eternity likes this

With her back turned to Lucis, she would drop her hand from the leaves of the plant she was caressing. She could feel his longing for one last kiss, keeping herself from closing that distance between them was chaotic in itself.

Where would she go? Constance had nowhere else to go, no family left to take her in. Friends? Well they were all scattered to the wind sometime after she had joined the order. Turning to face Lucis once more, her eyes holding tears.

“I have nowhere to go really, but I will find somewhere.”

Closing the space between the two of them, she would reach up to touch his face. Hesitating she would suck in a breath, holding it for a moment. Finally, her hands did as she commanded them, embracing his face for a moment.

“Please forgive me for loving you.”

Leaning her body in close to his, she would lay her lips against his. Kissing him for a moment that felt like an eternity, she would lose herself in him one last time.