Kalmuli

The Pendulum III: Potions and Pleasantries

The young host let himself ease into Ingrid's hands.  "Heh..just the more reason for me to recover faster. I don't take you as the kind to enjoy that sort of thing." Aldorto laid back staring up at Ingrid from behind his eyes half open until they closed again. "Thank you." 

For the time he was at Ingird's mercy, his body would have to recover much faster and the way for that to happen was for him to fall asleep. There was a long sigh before he relaxed deeper onto Ingrid's lap. His mind was slowing down letting him sink into a more relaxed state.

"No, No I do not. When she's not being playful, it hurts."Ingrid said. She had gotten a few whippings from Kalmuli before when she misbehaved at home or said the wrong thing. She was good when she was in a good mood...but she was just as bad when she was in a bad mood. Ingrid let her eyes close for a little bit, feeling the little nudge from Lian who wanted a little time out. It felt like someone was pressing against her skull with a vice for a short time. Slowly she let her hold slip, her visage slipping away and Lian came out to play.

Or at least, cuddle. 

The white-haired elf sat with Aldorto instead while she traced her finger along his chin. He was handsome in the young form but she favored the older much more. Much, much more. While Aldorto lay on her lap, she leaned on her side a little and started humming a lullaby in his ear. 

The last bit of the lullaby in his ear was enough to force his mind to give into rest. The older wolf's attention was now drawn to the outside. With the manipulation he had over the string of mana, Aldorto formed a shadow around Lian to wrap around her. It was a small thing but something to let her know he was there.

The two wolves were tired, the young one gone into rest, the older one holding onto a tether for the wanderer down below. The tether to allow the interference that Salvine was putting on the man to end for a time. It was going to be there last night for a while, he might as well enjoy it. With a bit of his own power he decided to break his presence one last time, using his own stream to conjure a shadow of himself outside for Lian to converse with as she held onto their body.

Once it was set free, Aldorto used the shadow to sit nearby, silently watching the white haired elf as she laid there cuddling with his host. He would remain silent unless she spoke to him.

Lian smiled, accepting the shadow around her like a warm blanket. She kept touching and singing, running her fingers over the host body. She knew the shadow could probably feel it. She continued to pet, but redirected her visual attention to the shadow that sat close by. "He's quite precious, your host..."She said, speaking softly. "..but I think I prefer the taller, hairer version."

She ran her hand along the host body's arm, reaching down along the chest and back up again. "What would the first thing you would do once you get your body back?"She asked him.

There was a very calm sensation to the room, Lian bore an aura to him almost as if there was a haven around her, at least for the wolf. "I don't know..I'm hoping to be reunited with my son..give him a good path..watch him grow. I want to retire from assassination contracts..maybe spend time working as an alchemist..or just go explore..'wander' even." 

The lights that made up where his eyes would be shone over on the elf, "Perhaps with some company...life's fickle as it is..people come..people go..I've taken life..I've given life..I've spent nearly a century trying to atone for a sins..Perhaps..once I'm back...I could use some recovery..some time to breath..I've done nothing but run for the last three centuries..moving from kill to kill..job to job..the gambler kept me busy and away from my son like I'd asked for..I think it'd be best to try and breath..take things slow..spend time with those close to me..and gain new people to be close with.."

Lian listened to him, her hands still moving over the host soothingly. She leaned her head on him, watching the shadow. "That sounds like a good idea...recovering your family and recovering your personal health."She said, looking down to the floor. What would she do if she had her own body? She had a million ideas. Lian looked back up at him. "I would make myself a new life...change my name. Explore Valucre with my own eyes."She said, resting her head on the host's hip. "Let my hair down and roam around until I can find my roots again. Make new friends...hell, make friends just in general. I never really had many growing up and then even in my later years."

She looked up at him again, staring at the lights that made up his eyes. "Of course, I've always been on a high pedestal...by my own choice or someone else's, it's always been hard to have people stick around. I want more than just a passing acquaintance."She said, her eyes lowering again. "I sound like a lonely old woman."

The shadow held a grin, "Sounds like we are looking for close to the same things. To regain...life..maybe find something more for ourselves..." Almost as if in a flash there was an apparition appearing by her side placing a cold hand on her side. "Relax..you are among friends..Once I am freee...I will see you again..I need to plann for the fight....ahead...a shame you won't.....get to ssseee it.." 

Aldorto was already beginning to fade back inside. There was a lot of things he would need to do for this planning. He reached over giving a quick peck on the cheek before pulling back, keeping a hand on her side while he began fading more.

Lian nodded, feeling almost a chill along her side as he moved around behind her. She looked over her shoulder, managing a smile. He was fading out already. She reached back, her fingers trailing through a wisp of what was left of him. "I know. I'm trying to make it a point to not have a pity party all the time."She commented, feeling the cold drift away. She eased her head down, resting it against the sleeping host's hip and shutting her eyes.  As he started to fade away, she started to drift off herself. "I've had enough of fighting for a while since my time ended...just promise you'll come back in one piece."She could feel her head getting lighter as it shifted from the long, silky curtain of white hair to the thick brown curls of Ingrid's natural hair. 

"So when you're back, I can have you all to myself...just me..."She said, yawning before she was out and Ingrid came back into place.