Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Voting has reset for the month of August. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [August]   05/16/2017

Voting for the month of August is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
Kalmuli

The Pendulum III: Potions and Pleasantries

Plana looked up to him, smiled and when she finished cleaning one of the bed linens, offered the rolled up sheet to him. "I'll scrub but I need you to wring it out. You just take it, twist it and squeeze the rest of the water out."She said, taking a small washcloth that needed washing as well, showing him how to twist it until the water fell from it. Plana would then get up away from the basin, unrolling her little washcloth and then hung it up on the lowest line she could reach that was for small items like socks, pillow cases and towels. "And then you hang it up. Make sure it's nice and straight on the line. Then you take these little pegs..."She said, moving to a hanging cloth bag to show a wooden peg with a gap at the bottom. She took one, pinning the washcloth in place. "...wedge it on so it doesn't fly away."

Plana looked up to him with a smile. "Understand?"She asked him to make sure he knew what to do.

"I think I got it Plana, thank you." The wolf nodded his head waiting for her to finish scrubbing a piece of laundry to start wringing and the process of hanging and pinning it on the clothes line. It beat simply sitting about doing nothing and waiting while others worked about the shop. 

This was a good feeling of helping out around the shop. He did work before, but mostly he was making poisons for the troops, not so much doing civilian work. The atmosphere was calming. He felt no pressure to quickly finish up a task to avoid a beating from his fellow troops.

Plana worked hard, feeling her cheeks getting rosy working in the sun and working hard to get the blood and combined stains out of the sheets. The soaking helped. Plana would twist up the sheets, offering each of the sheets. She got to his clothes, carefully going through them and was careful when twisting them so they wouldn't stay soaked or lose their colors. They made quick work of the laundry, Plana removing the washing board and then moved to the side of the basin with the handles.

She grabbed one of them, struggling to pull it up. "Hnnngggg...Gotta...dump...old water...heavy..."She said through grin teeth until she managed to get it over high enough to spill the water out. Plana dropped the basin, flipping it upside down and sitting on top of it, wiping her forehead. "Laundry is done...Just gotta finish the needles and then start dinner."She said, panting and flopping on top of the back of the basin as a cool sea breeze wafted through. "In a few minutes..."

Aldorto finished up on the laundry, wringing out piece by piece and hanging them up on the clothes line as Plana instructed.

"Sounds good. While you finish up I'll take inventory and maybe talk to Kalmuli once she's done. I might be able to lend some new products out. After that I'll come find you again and see if you could help me whip up some of my recipes," Aldorto held out his red leather book and waved it, "I'll go through it slow with you, might help you get how to mix better. If you need me, just whistle in the highest pitch you can. These ears will pick up on it and I'll be on my way." 

The wolf stood up and stretched his legs, he held out a hand to the apprentice, "I'll carry you inside when you're ready, you've been working up quite a bit. If my master was here he would see to your legs, unfortunately I am not him. Best I can do is brew something to keep you going for a few more hours."

Plana looked up at him, smiling tiredly and easing up off of the basin. She eased up off of bottom, brushing off her back and bottom from the bit of dry sand was on it. "Inventory will be good...if you can check the stuff up front and then down in the basement."She said, stretching. While she was physically tired, it wouldn't keep her from finishing her chores. With Aldorto's help, it would be finished by dinner time.

"Once I'm finished with the needles, I'm going to start dinner. Meat pies galore!"She said, throwing her hands up but she was keeping herself happy to keep herself going at this point. "Your master sounds like a good healer...I um...overheard from Master Kalmuli that he helped her. Said that he helped with her mana and her mood. As her own student, I'm happy that your Master and mine got along."She smiled, bringing her hands through her tangled brown hair, pulling it back so she could put it into a ponytail. "Time to go clean some things and make stuff!"

Aldorto helped the apprentice up and kept her upright for a few steps before letting her go before him.

"Sound like my master...humble...I should follow his example. Maybe some greater regeneratives using some of my blood would be a nice addition. Always seem to work well for the pack and for some others." 

The wolf made his way back inside. He looked around and found some spare paper to jot down the inventory on. He would take some time to also make a note of what he wanted to use.

Plana looked up at him, almost having to crane upwards to look at him but she was still in awe of the talking wolf who spoke of medicine and and others like him. She hoped he stayed for awhile. Plana smiled. "I would ask Master Kalmuli first...after all, they're her ingredients."She mentioned. Kalmuli had a method to her madness that her students recognized by Al may not. 

Plana would walk through the ward to the small sanitation area where she took a pair of tongs to removed the clean needles, setting them on a clean metal pan. She would take a handful of more, dropping them into the boiling pot and then moving away again to get started on dinner.

In another section of the Pendulum behind where the ward was, there was a kitchen and dining area for workers and the people who stayed long term, Plana going to the cold box covered in runes to pull out the cuts of meat she had picked out at market and the dough for the pie crusts she had let rise. She was excited to cook for people, especially a new person in their midst. Taking a butcher's knife from the block, she got to work cutting up the meat into cubes, singing a working song in her little, squeaky voice.

Aldorto took a good whiff of the smells. After his nose took him on the journey he took to taking inventory. Most of these things were foreign to him but others were not. 

"Snape weed, wolf's bane, dragon tongue, very nice collection. I'll have to jot down some of this on a separate list for what I can use." The wolf took out the paper and started taking note of what there was and how much, being a bit more specific then just 1 jar 2 jars, he would jot down how many were left in containers and how much was left of the opened containers. His hands and eyes were quick, working simultaneously without either having to confirm the other. After he finished upstairs he moved down. At the bottom of the stairs sat the red door. This was still incredibly interesting to him, temptation led him up to the door before he pulled away. 

"Not your house Al, not your house..." An upset sigh came off his lips. He returned back to taking inventory. "Might have to pry that information from the mistress of the shop." 

At the bottom there were quite a fair amount of exotic items. He jotted down each item noticing once he had finished, a good majority of what he used must not exist here, or at least in large quantities. If he was planning on staying here, he would have to strike a deal with Salvine once he had secured his uncle.

Plana busied herself in the kitchens, cooking up a storm. The whole Pendulum smelled like a mix of beef stew and warm bread. Her song didn't stop and if it did, it was only to sample a bit of her cooking. She made sure to make an extra big pie for the wolf man who helped her. Plana put the pies in the oven, stoking the fires with a long iron poker and wandered off again to check on the needles, pulling out the boiled stack with the tongs again, pouring in the rest to be sanitized. 

Hopping off again, she kept herself busy with humming, cleaning up the kitchen from her work and staring on making something sweet for dessert. While meats were her thing, she could make a few things with crusts and berries. She managed to make some tarts with strawberries, blueberries and some local fruit. Plana smiled, admiring her work in the cold box and sat at the dining table, swinging her feet off of the high chair. "Bubble, bubble, cook and preen. A gentle hand makes light of the land and keeps the tables clean..."She sang, reciting part of a women's song her mother used to sing.

After Al had inspected and taken inventory he came back up the stairs to drop off his notes by a large book. After he finished he decided to thumb through Kalmuli's books down the stairs. He was opposed to relaxing but for a time it would be nice to relax. Once he had a feeling he could change back he tried...to no avail. He was stuck as the wolf for some time now.

His eyes went to her bookcase looking for anything to look at to pass the time. He found a book detailing some alchemical ingredients native to Valucre. This was a hell of a read for him so his paws and eyes took some time to study. Once he had been in for a bit he took out his book to jot notes down in. He would read through this for a long while until he was called upon or until the food was ready, whichever came first.

Plana checked on the pies, giving them a test prod with a fork and pulling them out one by one to a small warming rack on the counter. She could feel her stomach growling but she tried not to sneak more than just a taste off the fork itself. Plana smiled, satisfied and took off out the kitchen to go downstairs.

She hopped down each of the steps one at a time, heading to Kalmuli's room. She politely knocked first before opening the door. "Mr. Wolf. Dinner's ready."She said, peeking into the room. "Oh...Sorry....I didn't mean to interrupt your reading. If you want your pie still hot, it's upstairs."

Aldorto looked up from his book, "Ahh yes thank you." The wolf got up from the seat to go upstairs for food. On the way over he grabbed Plana around her legs and picked her up, setting her on his shoulder as he went up the stairs. 

"You are working to hard, take a break." Once up to where the scent would lead him he sat Plana back down. He searched for utensils and plates. He took down 3 and sat them on a nearby table. 

"Cook eats first, rule of my place back home. Go ahead Plana unless you need me to cut it." Aldorto stood nearby and waited for the cook to take her piece.