Voting has reset for the month of June. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [June]   05/16/2017

Voting for the month of June is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
HighTopp

O'mafia means family

132 posts in this topic

It was saturday morning. Most young adults would probably be asleep after spending the friday night out drinking and partying, but Mia wasn't like most young adults. She had never been out at a friday night to party and would probably not do it for a long time either. She was the daughter to the biggest and most powerful gang boss in the area, Jack Matteis of the Black Eagles. During the last fifteen years he had managed to push away most of the other gangs or get them to join him. Even if he was so powerful he still had enemies, and it was because of that Mia wasn't allowed to have a normal life. She had a private teacher instead of going to a normal school, the only kids she got to spend time with were those who were the children off the others in the gang or those who were trusted. And those weren't many. She had never been allowed to go out and party, or go out by herself. She always had atleast one bodyguard with her, even if they weren't exactly by her side they were so close that she couldn't relax or have fun.  She had always hated it and never wanted that life, but she had no choice on the matter. So she tried to do the best out of the situation. 

She tried to rebel against her father and the gang as much as she could. She bribed some of the guards with money to get them to send bottles of wine up to her room at friday nights, so she atleast would have some fun. She had also gotten her hands on some cigarettes a few years ago and was now quite addicted so her father had given in on that part and provided her with her packages now. She had coloured some slings of her dark brown hair red and black, her father didn't mind that part too much either since the colours matched the gangs symbol. She had even managed to pursaude her father that she would get a tattoo, but only of the Black Eagles logo, which was a black eagle with some red details, which she now had on her left shoulder. It was small things but she had to do something to not go completetly crazy inside the big, old hotel that was the gang's headquarters and which she lived in. She had a very large room at the fifth floor with everything she could want almost. A large bed, a make up table and mirror and a walk in closet, she loved it all but she would much rather live in a cramped apartment if it meant she just could live her life the way she wanted and be free.

That morning she was up quite early along with her father. They had eaten breakfast in the dining room together and had a small chat. She was going to get a new bodyguard that day since her old one had gotten promoted. Her father soon left to deal with some other business and Mia got up and opened a window. She pulled out a pack with cigarettes and lit one and started to smoke slowly. Even though she hated the gang quite much she looked like she truly was part of it with black jeans and a red blouse and her hair up in a bun with the coloured slings framing in her face. She just waited for her new bodyguard, sure it was going to be another middle aged man that would just make her life even more difficult and boring.

Trigger2Red and Scar like this

Amon strolled through the neighborhood towards the complex, casually throwing around a red rose he had just picked, a single thorn piercing the ground every time he tossed the rose again.

His parents had tasked him with this new job. Though he didn't like what his parents did so much, money talked, and it was good to have high-profile underground contacts. In this rare case, then, logic had won out against emotion. Being essentially mercenaries was a tedious task. And with his hair dyed a fiery red, Amon was in essence a walking target. Despite how much time he had spent half-assing his martial arts, assassination, and firearms training, he was actually really good at his job, and the rest of the clan of mercs knew it. But, instead of being an Umbra, Amon much preferred writing poetry, prose, and playing games. But in any case, he knew that he was supposed to guard this one girl. He didn't even know her name. Client confidentiality, his parents had said. But they had given him a general outline. Heavily guarded at all times. Daughter of the ringleader of the Black Eagles. Dark brown hair dyed red and black. Smoked. And speaking of the girl...

A girl. Five stories up. Old hotel. Hair tied in a bun. Red blouse. Smoking in a window. Check. Hair dyed red and black. Dark brown predominant color. Check. His eyes flickered down to the complex. Heavily guarded. Check. And guarded by the Black Eagles, no less. That sealed the deal. It was her. Amon quietly retreated back around the corner and considered his options.

Guards were acting casual to not arouse suspicion, but all were armed and on high alert. Didn't look like anyone was watching the walls. But snipers were always an option. Ways to get in? Walk up and flash I.D.? Too boring. Infiltrate with knocking out guards? Not a chance. If they thought he was assassinating her, he would be hunted to the ends of the earth. Infiltrate quietly? Perfect. But how? All main entrances watched. Sewer flooded and dirty. Needed to keep up appearances. The black hoodie and gray undershirt were too nice to ruin. The slacks, not too hard to clean. Unless...

There. Narrow gap in defenses. Two second gap between rotation of guards from main entrance to inside. Possible to make. From there, take cover inside. From there, find outfit to blend in. Preferably one with a hat. Then ascend stairs and surprise target. Or, after inside, make for wall. Scale wall. Get the drop on suspect. Possible to use fire escape. Kept in good condition. But guards watching on fire escape. Have to scale outside. But too obvious to notice. No. Not obvious. Path concealed by blinds. Slightly breezy day. Easy to misinterpret climbing noises.

Amon immediately began to walk towards the location he had chosen, making sure to steer clear of any open windows and keep line of sight to an absolute minimum. Once he had reached the location (a window with the blinds down) he checked his surroundings. Patrol coming around in ten. From left. Clear. Move.

He began to scale the wall, using windows and vents as hand and foot holds, and with the help of a scarf he had brought which doubled as an extremely strong rope. As the patrol wound around the side, Amon flattened himself against the wall and let them pass. Eighth rule of assassination: people hardly ever look up. And as the patrol moved around the side, Amon followed on the wall, using a little hook he fished from his pocket to swing the rope around and let him swing onto the fire escape. Quiet. Little noise. Except for that clang. But that was of no concern now. From there, he scaled the fire escape, using the rope and hook when needed to scale the outside to avoid guards, and made it onto the roof just before another patrol swung around the side.

On the roof, there were several guards. Using roof vents as cover, he wound his way through the guards. No alarms were raised, though several guards did get into an argument over whether they had seen him. But it was alright, for at that point, he was already climbing down the opposite side towards the open window.

She was looking out. Waiting. For him presumably. Waiting was a distraction. She was on alert for a sound behind her. And the movements of the guards provided plenty of sound cover for him to climb down until he was just above her. He peeked into the room. Wealthy. Large bed. Expensive make up. Walk-in closet. Yet her demeanor carried signs of unhappiness. He knew the signs. Climbing in the wrong way would alert her to his presence in an instant. There had to be another way in. Nope. One door leading out. No visible windows. Hard to open those. He would be detected soon. Eight seconds. Oh well.

Amon, biting into the dethorned rose, used the top of the window to swing himself right above the girl's head, landing inside the room and tumbling into a clumsy roll with a fairly loud THUMP. But as he came out of the roll, he positioned himself facing towards her, the rose in his left hand, the official request for a bodyguard swinging from a pink ribbon on it, the Black Eagle's insignia clearly visible on it. From his right hand, he showed the I.D. he had received, identifying him as her bodyguard. Finally able to let himself breathe hard as the girl would probably take notice of his presence, he could only say,

"Hey."

HighTopp likes this

Mia continued to slowly smoke as she stared out the window. She knew it wasn't healthy for her, and it probably didn't make her smell too nice either just after she had a smoke, but she didn't care too much. Many of the henchmen in the Black Eagles smoked, even her own father did so it wasn't really something that was frowned upon. She also made sure to always have some mint pastills with her as well, and she owned a large collection of perfumes that she could use to smell good. She had some designer clothes in her walk in closet, things that were so expensive that a normal girl would never be able to afford just one piece. She would lie if she said she didn't like all the things she had, she loved them in fact and liked having a large room, but it wasn't what was most important to her, and she just got all the things anyway from her dad. She guessed it was his way of trying to apologize to her for keeping her locked up inside the hotel so much. 

She removed the cigarette from her lips and blew out a cloud of smoke that went through the window. She wondered what her mother would say about all of this if she was stilll alive. Her mother had been killed by a rival gang when Mia was only 2 years old, which was a big reason why her dad was so protective of her now and wouldn't take any chances or risks with her safety. She understod it as well, she just hated it. She didn't want to die but she would much rather live with a little danger and then just have a fun life instead of being perfectly safe but bored to death. 

After finishing one cigarette and making sure it was put out in an ashtray near the window she continued to look out, enjoying the fresh air that came into the room. The hotel was rather old, but most of the rooms had been renovated by her dad to suit the gang's needs. It was in the older part of town as well so she couldn't exactly see much fun from the windows, but she distracted herself by looking at gang members coming and leaving or the occasional stray walker passing by. Though there weren't many that weren't involved with the gang that passed by. Almost everyone knew about the Black Eagles, the police, normal citizens, other groups and gangs. Her dad had always paid the police to leave them alone as long as they didn't make a big mess, and they took over or hunted the gangs that weren't already with them. Normal citizens were caught a bit in between in a way, having to be careful and try to just live their lives as normally as they could. She felt pity for them sometimes, though they were still free so she felt more envy than pity for them.

Mia had finally turned around from the window, about to pace around her room or try to find something to do when she heard a sound. She quickly turned towards the window again. Her father's paranoia had spread to her a little bit, after all some people would gain a lot in killing her. But she couldn't see anything. She started to relax when she suddenly heard a stranger's voice say 'Hey' behind her.

The girl turned around quickly, staring at him for a few seconds. At first she was about to shout for some guards, thinking that he was there to kidnap her or assasinate her or something like that, but before she did so she saw the rose with the Black Eagle's symbol, and she could then see the I.D he had. He was her new bodyguard. She took another seconds to just calm down and she let out a shaky sigh.

"God...you scared me. I almost called the guards" she mumbled out. Though, he would have been able to kill her before anyone could have showed up. She studied him for a moment, her gaze stopping by his red hair for second before settling at his eyes. "I guess you are my new bodyguard then. I'm Mia, nice to meet you". She let out a small smile and raised her hand to him so they could shake hands. He didn't look like a typical bodyguard to her, he seemed quite young and different, but that only made her a bit interested and happy since that could mean he would be more of a fun company than the others. He had come through the window for a start and that was something completetly new. 

"Have you been here before? Or do you want me to show you around?". 

Trigger2Red likes this

"Amon. A pleasure," he replied, concealing his ID in his sleeve in a somewhat sloppy move and shaking her extended hand with a firm grip. "I got a great tour of the outside already. Just not the inside yet. That would have been too much of a pain to get up here without anyone noticing me-" 

He was interrupted by shouts from the outside. "We have reports from the lookouts! A kid just went into that room!" "Isn't that Mia's?" "Yes you dork! It's an assassin! Call the guards!" "All guards, full alert. Protect the VIP at all costs. Suspect is a young male, wearing a scarf with blood-red hair."

Amon sighed in annoyance. "Of course. It'd be too easy for anyone to kill you through the window that way. I'm betting there was a camera or a guard watching your window specifically. Man, you're really held back, aren't you?" Exasperated, his head turned, and he looked at the door leading into the room, where footsteps could clearly be heard assembling outside of the door. 

"Normally, I'd be getting to know the building and my client better by this point, but you can tell who a person is by how they react to pressure. So, Mia, if it's alright to call you that... how do you want to deal with this? Surprise them? Intimidate them? Or have a bit of fun?" 

He asked this with a reckless smile, left hand resting on his hip, the rose dangling from two fingers, ready for whatever she asked him to do.

(From here, to save a bit of time, feel free to move my character as Mia asks, since he'll be basically doing that. My next post, if you do so, will be his reactions to the events occurring on the next post as he's taking the actions outlined there.)

Edited by Trigger2Red
HighTopp likes this

Now when Mia had calmed down a bit and realized that this Amon  wasn't there to kill her or anything like that, and that he instead was her bodyguard she started to think about the fact that he had seemingly climbed up the wall to her windwo instead of going through the door. She had no idea why, he would have gotten through the front door without any problem since he had his I.D and everything else he would need. Perhaps to just prove to her that he was more than capable of protecting her?

She listened to him and shook his hand back. "Okay, but why did you...". She was just about to ask him about it all when she heard the shouts as well. She knew she was under protection and surveillance bascially 24 hours a day, but she didn't think they had someone watching into her room all the time as well. This made her a bit upset and angry. Her room was the only space she had somewhat to herself, where she could do some things without having someone report them to her father. But it didn't seem like that either. She was never left alone.

"Yeah I am" she mumbled out, sounding quite annoyed. Now they would have to deal with the guards as well. She heard the footsteps as well, quickly getting up the stairs to her room. She realized that if they just stood there the men would come in and shot Amon without any thought or question since they thought he was an intruder. She didn't know him yet, but she didn't want her new bodyguard to be killed by accident.

"Stand over there, and let me handle this" she told him with a small smile before waiting until he moved. She stood in front of him with her back towards him and looked at the door as it was slammed open, a dozen men armed with firearms getting into the room.

"Stop it!" she called out, sounding rather demanding and serious, sounding quite similar to how her dad did when he was mad. "There is no threat here, lower your weapons or I will make sure all of you are thrown through the back door": She knew she sounded a bit like a brat, but she had to in this case.

Some of the men slowly lowered their weapons and Mia took a step to the side so they could see Amon and his I.D. "This is my new bodyguard, Amon. He climbed up the wall and into the window to prove to all of us that he is more than capable for the job, and that the wall should be looked over so it isn't so easy to scale". She didn't know if that was true but she made up a lie to make it sound more convincing. All of the men had lowered their weapons now and some started to get back out. "We are so very sorry Mia. False alarm" one mumbled and once the last one was gone she turned to Amon and smiled faintly.

"Sorry for that. But I must know, why did you climb up the wall instead of taking the door?". 

Trigger2Red likes this

Amon watched with interest as the girl acted with authority towards the guards. After they left, he listened to her question quietly. 

"I felt as though it would be more amusing to both parties to not walk in through the front door," Amon replied, leaning against the wall, arms and legs casually crossed. "But that's beside the point now. I'm here. What do you want to do?"

HighTopp likes this

Mia listened to him as he explained. It was a rather simple explanation but it still didn't explain it all fully to her. Not many would choose to scale the wall up to her window, and not many would be able to pull it off either. Amon seemed like he had the right skill and a special perspective that hopefully would bring some fresh air into her life. He was as young as her as well which was great. She lacked people around her own age to hang out with quite a lot.

"Well, I guess I can start with showing you around inside some". She moved toawrds the door. "Well, this is my room, we are on the fifth floor now". She got out and pointed to a door near her room. "That will be your room. I think there are some things in there already, some clothes, some weapons and all that and you can just ask someone if you need anything more". She took the stairs downstairs, expecting him to follow. "Then I guess th only room you need to know about is the dining room, on the second floor, you can't miss it. There are a lot other rooms but most are private or rooms I don't need to go into. You will be with me as much as possible, I'm not allowed to leave this building alone or even be alone sometimes". She sounded quite sad as she said those last parts and she finally stopped. "Want to go and get settled in your room?". 

Trigger2Red likes this

As Mia gave him the MTV Cribs tour, Amon could not help but overhear some of the guard's conversations about him.

"That kid's the bodyguard?" "Yeah. He's impressive. They say he got past everyone and was spotted entering Mia's room... from the window!" "Really? How weak is our security for that to happen?" "It's not. They say he's an Umbra." "A full-fledged Umbra? That young?" "Yeah... or maybe ol' Eagle hired a lover? You see that rose he has?" "Yeah. It's pretty. A bodyguard-lover... perhaps?"

All the talk about Umbra irritated him. He could care less about the grandmaster of the clan. But as he looked around, his trained eyes couldn't help but notice the many security aspects. The security was clearly designed to keep intruders out... or Mia in. Either-or. Maybe she was as fenced in as him. Both literally and figuratively. He twirled the stem of the rose between his hands as Mia's tone visibly changed, and she stopped and asked him a question.

"I guess I'll check out my accommodations. You ever need me, you know where to find me." Amon adjusted his scarf and offered the rose to Mia, the Black Eagle's card still dangling below it, advancing slowly on her. Probably looked seductive as well, but Amon didn't care. "Here. This is from me," he said, gently sliding it into Mia's hand whether she accepted it or not with a warm smile, before turning and heading to his room.

With the door shut, Amon could finally hiss out all of his frustration into something resembling a sigh. They were here. He knew it. He felt it. His clan members were watching. His parents were watching. Ready to shut him down at a moment's notice should he go rogue and ally with the Black Eagles. But it wasn't a coincidence, anyways. After he had let Alda turn traitor, after he had let Em die, there was really no reason for them not to suspect that he himself was a traitor. It's what he would do.

The room was not extremely luxurious, but it did have commodities he was not used to, like a king-size bed, walk-in closet, and its own toiletries and shower. He examined the closet, noting the one light, one window, and the duffel bag holding what little clothes he had in there, before moving to the bed. As he flopped down on the bed, he felt something hard underneath the pillow. He felt around and removed two pistols: a Heckler & Koch Mark 23 pistol, and a SIG Sauer P229. Both surprisingly compact weapons in surprisingly good condition.

Hey Amon, we're watching you this time. Under orders of both your parents and Big Eagle. Not our Eagle. These are from us. Rest r in the bag. Take care! -C & G.

Smiling slightly at the generosity of his captors, he moved over to the bag and rummaged through what had been packed for him. Pajamas, several suits, his casual clothes, hygiene products, hair dying products, and at the very bottom, eighteen loaded clips, two sound suppressors, two flashlight attachments, two laser sight attachments, and a boatload of batteries. Over-prepared for the occasion? Perhaps. But he was as well.

For if his new client read the card on the rose, she would read the following message:

This rose has an emergency failsafe on it. Pull a petal and it'll transmit your location to me. -Amon

HighTopp likes this

Mia could hear the guards talk as well but she didn't care so much about it. She was so used to it and to all of the guards sometimes even talking about her that she barerly cared about it. She knew that even some of the more new and younger guards sometimes threw inappropriate glances at her, but they knew that if they ever said anything or did anything they would probably end up at the side of some road. It had never happened so far and she wasn't worried either since she knew most of the guards just did their jobs and didn't care so much about anything else.

She looked at Amon and listened to him as he said he would go and cheek out his room. She nodded to him and was about to turn to go back to her room when he offered her the rose. She had noticed him carrying it around, but it wasn't until now she noticed how pretty it was. She blinked in suprise for a couple of seconds and before she got a chance to take it herself he slid it into her hand. She smiled back a bit towards him and watched him turn and go back to his new room. She looked down at the rose and read the card. She raised an eyebrow but didn't doubt that it would actually work, she had heard of stranger things than that.

After getting back to her room Mia sat down on her bed and looked at the rose and smelled it a bit before putting it on her desk. She usually spent the days inside her room, being on her computer or reading or just doing something. Sometimes she went downstairs and watched as some of the guards played cards and such and sometimes she even joined in them. But now she wasn't sure what to do.

Her gaze went back to the rose and she got an idea. Amon was busy getting comfortable in his room so this was a perfect chance for her to try and go out some on her own. She could sneak out through the backdoor with a hood so no one would see her and bring the rose with her in case something happened. She got a coat with a hood on and took the rose. She made her way downstairs and then pulled the hood up. Some of the guards were outside by the front, checking over the wall and the security so it was pretty easy for her to go out the backdoor with her hood on. Once outside she quickly started to walk away form the hotel, feeling her heart beat fast with excitment. This was very stupid, but she so badly wanted some freedom and hadn't really thought about that she and Amon could get in trouble if anyone found out. 

After loading himself up with his pistols and freshening up for his new bodyguard duty, his phone rang. Throwing a suspicious glance over to it, he slowly advanced on it, before picking it up cautiously.

"Hello?"

"Backdoor. Moving away from hotel. Thought you should know. G."

Damn it, G.

Amon knew he was being watched, so he put down the phone like he had received an advertisement, before loading up and moving outside of his room. He took with him his rope-scarf, an earpiece, his phone, the SIG Sauer P229, two ammo magazines, and one fold-able pocket-knife. Just in case.

He felt oddly bulky with everything on him, but he made it work. As he exited the hotel, he flashed his I.D. at the guards. They asked him questions, sure, about what he was doing all the way out here, to which he replied by saying he was examining security to make sure Mia's room was as protected as possible. They didn't trust him. And they didn't have to. He was an Umbra, after all, and if someone paid the Clan to take out Mia, there was really nothing they could do. But it provided him plenty of opportunities to check out the security. And plenty to escape, one of which he took. Presumably a similar route to the one Mia had followed. But oddly enough, security at the backdoor was extremely thin.

He intended to track down Mia and shadow her, not letting her know of his presence, from rooftops, corners, alleys, and trees. For he had another few questions he intended to answer.

1. Who exactly was after Mia's life?
  2. How badly did she want to be free?
  3. Why dd the Black Eagles resort to hiring an Umbra to do the job of safeguarding her?

For though Amon didn't like being an Umbra, the job was of major interest to him, and he intended to answer his questions one way or another.

Edited by Trigger2Red
HighTopp likes this

Mia felt quite excited as she continued to walk rather quickly. She wanted to get away so she couldn't see the hotel before she could start to look around for real. She had been out a lot of times, but always with her bodyguard and perhaps more guards as well though she only saw her bodyguard, and most of the time they travelled in a car and only went outside it to enter certain stores or something like that. So going like this, totally alone and free to go wherever she want was almost going a bit to her head. She knew it was very dangerous and if she ran into anyone who recognized her there would be problems, but she just enjoyed the moment of freedom now. Soon she couldn't see the hotel anymore and she started to get to the more normal part of town.

She put down her hood and smiled as she felt the wind hit her face. It was a beautiful day outside and she was planning to enjoy it as much as she could. The only thing she was missing right now was some friends to hang out with, but she barerly had any and didn't have any outside the gang that she could call. She just had to be on her own but even that was quite nice at the moment.

What she didn't know yet was that several people was watching her. Up in a large building a man was following her every move with a camera, and by a streetcorner a group of three men was watching her as well. She just smiled to herself and continued to walk. The group of men started following her and soon caught up with her as well. One went in front of her and one stood behind her while the third stood between the other two, basically forcing her into a corner.

Mia gulped slightly and realized that she was in deep trouble. She held onto the rose tightly, ready to pull one of the petals at any moment. One of the men took a step forwards and had quite a nasty grin on his face. "So, what is a Black Eagle girl doing all the way out here, huh? You lost?". Mia realized that they didn't know exactly who she was, they only saw that she was in the Black Eagles because of her hair color. Instead of pulling the petal she met his gaze with a determined look of her own. "I'm fine. But I think you should let me pass right now". The man chuckled and grabbed her wrist, making her drop the rose. "And why that?".

Amon watched from a corner, expression of indifference on his face, as Mia was surrounded.

The guys had made it way too obvious that they were following her. But judging by their words, they didn't know Mia's true identity. There were plenty of cameras around, so it wasn't a far-fetched idea that someone was watching from a building somewhere. It was just impossible to check every single building.

The reason why he wasn't helping yet was simple. The easiest way to get Mia to learn the lesson he wanted to teach her was to let her experience it herself. The world wasn't such a friendly place, especially for one such as Mia.

She had taken the rose, which intrigued him. It wasn't entirely a bluff what the card had said, but it wasn't entirely true either. It was, indeed, a tracking device, but the battery would die after today anyways, and it was constantly transmitting a signal that all Umbra phones were tuned to. Plus, the rose itself was real; the tracking device was a coil within the petals. Pulling a petal wouldn't really do anything. But that let Amon know that Mia was actually a bit concerned about her safety. He would have to pick up the rose later.

So he watched as a bystander would watch, giving little indication of his involvement with the Black Eagles, unaware that the ones who were watching Mia from the camera were watching him too. One hand held his knife against the wall, just in case things turned ugly. But for now, he waited until someone tried to kidnap or punch her.

Edited by Trigger2Red
HighTopp likes this

Mia was actually starting to feel quite scared now as she had dropped the rose and the man was holding her wrist. She couldn't stand against these men. She was way too weak and didn't have any weapons or training really. She knew how to handle herself with a gun quite well, but it wasn't like she had a gun on her own. She had only been trained with a gun in case someone attacked the hotel or something like that. But she was far from the hotel now and no one was there to help her or do anything. Or that was what she thought atleast.

"Let me go" she begged, her fear heard through her voice. "I'm no threat to you, I...I just wanted to walk around some, get some fresh air". The man that held her wrist raised an eyebrow. "Plenty of fresh air back outside the Eagle's base, isn't there? No real reason for you to be here". He looked to his companions and grinned again. "Let's make a deal...". He looked over her quickly before seeing a necklace she wore, it was a thin silver chain with a small red stone. "Give us that neckalce as payment and we will let you go back to your hotel". 

If it had been anything else than the necklace Mia would have complied, but that necklace was special to her. It had been her mother's before she had died. "No" she said, gulping slightly. She bit her lip before raising her knee quickly, hitting the guy that was holding her in the crotch. He let go of her hand but just as quickly another of the two men grabbed her and threw her down at the ground. "You fucking bitch!". The guy she had kicked pulled out his knife.

Trigger2Red likes this

And as soon as the knife came out, that was Amon's cue to take action. But as he moved around the corner, he couldn't help but admire her bravery. First running out of the hotel unguarded, then having the audacity to knee a robber in the crotch. But she needed some work on the form. Maybe, he contemplated, he could teach her martial arts. In that case, then, three punks like this would be nothing.

Bearing down quickly on the knife-wielding man, he used the element of surprise to quickly slice the man's wrists, cutting cleanly through the tendons. As he howled loudly in pain, dropping the knife, Amon used his free hand to grab and quickly throw the knife at one of the other men who had thrown Mia to the ground. As the final man turned his attention towards Amon, he was already slicing the throat of the knife man wide open. "You're dead!" The final man howled at him, pulling out a knife of his own and charging at Amon, arm raised for an overarm strike. Amon waited until the last possible moment before ducking under the blow and stabbing right between his ribs, around where his heart would be. He could physically feel the flutters as his heart cut itself to pieces on the knife, his life force ebbing out, before leaving him to fall, the knife still in him.

"Man... making me kill three people. You're a bit of work, you know that, ri-"

Amon's words were suddenly cut off as he became aware of a knife rammed into his abdomen, courtesy of the man he had thrown the knife at. Quickly looking at the man, who was now kneeling in front of him, he could tell that the knife had indeed hit the man in the chest; it just wasn't a lethal blow. He would bleed out eventually, sure, but that wasn't an option right about now.

Despite the pain, he reached for and pulled out his pistol, aiming it at the man's head, who using his right hand grabbed the barrel and threw it backwards, skidding towards where Mia was laying, before using his superior mass and force to drive Amon into the wall, twisting the knife as he did so. Amon, breathless, didn't have it in him to scream, but he certainly would have at this point if at all possible. Not only from the pain, but from the PTSD flashback he was currently having of the same situation, back when Alda turned traitor.

Mia wasn't sure if they would beat her up and then leave, or if they would actually kill her. The knife suggested that this would perhaps be one of her final moments alive and her panic was now real. She quickly tried to turn around and get back up at her feet, but the knife man quickly gave her a hard kick to her stomach, knocking the air out of her and forcing her to lay on her back. "Stay still and this will perhaps not be too painful you bitch" he sneered out, the other men just having amused and dark gazes as the man started to kneel down beside her.

That was when Amon came in. She hadn't even seen him until he started to slice one of the men's wrists open. She gasped out, managing to crawl backwards a bit as she watched Amon continue to slice the other two men. She had been trained a little, but she had never seen anything like this. She hadn't seen death and blood, and it shocked her to her core. She stared with big eyes as she saw the blood run down one of the men's throat as he had fallen to the ground. He was dead, so was the two other men. She stared at them before looking up at Amon, hearing what he said. He was right, this was her fault. If she only hadn't  sneaked out nothing of this would have happened. The deaths of these three men were on her.

She thought Amon had won before she suddenly saw him get stabbed, a scream escaped her lips before she quickly covered her mouth wtih her hand. She saw them struggle and then her gaze went to the gun. She had to do it, if she didn't Amon would die and then she would be next. She quickly picked it up and stood up, aiming shakily at the knife man. She barerly took a second to take a deep breath, steadying her aim before firing. The knife man fell down dead, a gun shot through his throat. She had aimed for his head but her aim had still been a bit off.

Mia threw the knife away and shakily sunk down against the wall, tears in her eyes of the pure shock she felt. "I...I killed him..." she whispered out in disbelief. 

Trigger2Red likes this