Voting has reset for the month of March. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [March]   03/24/2017

Voting for the month of March is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
HighTopp

O'mafia means family

112 posts in this topic

Mia continued to look around even though she glanced at Amon from time to time. She grabbed some stuff for herself while they were in the store. She found a button up shirt that had no arms, and that was in the same red colour as her newly dyed hair. She got another shirt and a black, long sleeved turtle neck shirt for when it was colder. She did look at a black dress for a while, but didn't end up buying it since she in a way saw no point of it. She liked dresses, skirts and all that but she never had a reason to dress up, so couldn't really wear the dress if she would buy it.

She was done around the same time as Amon was, and she paid for her clothes before walking over to him and saw that he had gotten quite much clothes himself.  "We can still go to that department store if you want" she said with a small smile. "I don't think I'm going to buy more clothes but it's fun to look". She seemed much happier than just a couple of hours ago, being outside the hotel really did her good.

Trigger2Red likes this

Amon noted the black dress, but also watched with interest as her brain decided not to purchase the dress. Money wasn't really an issue with the Eagles, so there must be another meaning to her not buying the dress, and he guessed it had something to do with the big walk-in closet he had noted on his first day on the job.

"I actually think I got what I needed. If we're going to the apartment - sorry, department store - I'll probably not pick up anything else. Unless you're still looking, that is. Let's see... books, clothes, food... I think I'm handling about all I can carry, honestly. Oh, wait... roses. I need to pick up some roses. Let's go to the florist!"

Carrying all the items in separate bags all stuffed into one bag in one hand, he would return the earlier favor at the salon by gently grabbing Mia's hand and pulling her north, towards the florist he knew was just by the north entrance. He wouldn't walk too fast, making sure that the pace was nice and gentle, paying the most attention to the feeling of the moment, considering that a moment such as this might never happen again.

The florist's shop was bright and colorful, flowers of all kinds in handmade boutiques lining the shelves of the store. Amon would let go of Mia's hand once in the store, and begin looking around for the roses he wanted, making sure to greet the florist, a nice young Vietnamese lady by the name of Ai and her German assistant Gabrielle, by name once inside before looking for the roses. Even if he found them, he wouldn't pay and leave until he was certain that Mia was done looking around the store.

HighTopp likes this

Mia had the money to go and shop in every single store she could possibly want to go into, she could buy a whole new wardrobe if she wanted, it would be affordable for her, but she didn't do it. She had no real use of it, no events where she could wear them or would need them. She jsut spent time in the hotel, mostly in her room and in the dining halls with her dad, but not much else. She had so much money but no real use of it, and no ideas for it either. Though she still wanted to buy something for Amon, and perhaps give money to others.

She listened to him. It seemed like they had everything they needed, so they could probably leave whenever they wanted to. Though she didn't want to leave, she was afraid that she would never be able to experience things like this again, being so relaxed and having so much fun. But she knew that they had to leave eventually, and they probably would pretty soon.

Her trail of thoughs was broken when Amon took her hand. She blinked a couple of times before following him, a small smile appearing on her lips. At the florist's shop she started to look around. All the flowers and plants were beautiful. She didn't buy anything but she enjoyed being in there. Once Amon had bought the roses she walked up to him. "Why did you buy roses?" she asked, a bit curious. She remembered that he had carried a rose the day they met, and that he had given it to her, but she didn't truly know what he did or wanted with them. 

Trigger2Red likes this

Roses. 

The clan's symbol. And additionally, the one item that most reminded Amon of the responsibilities that he now carried as leader. So when Mia asked him why he had bought roses, his answer was almost instantaneous and without thought.

"Besides them looking nice, roses are the hallmark of our clan. We give one to each client and to each member. And anyways... they represent me. I'm a nineteen year old young'un with thorns that match the finest warriors in history. And there are plenty of things you can do with roses. Hide microphones, batteries, bullets."

And in the end, the rose was beautiful more than anything. 

"Should we put these back before heading somewhere else? We got time to burn until dinner."

With this, Amon would hold the door of the florist's shop open, before remembering that he had forgotten to pay and running to the counter, tipping Ai ten dollars for his mistake, then meeting Mia outside and asking her to lead the way. 

HighTopp likes this

Mia thought about buying a plant or some flowers for her room, but decided not to. Not this time atleast. But she wanted to buy a plant to brighten up her room a bit sometime. A plant or flower could do much in making a room more alive and fresh.

She listened to Amon as he explained why he wanted to buy roses, and she smiled. There were both practical and aesthetic reasons, which she liked, though she would have understood it if he had just bought them because they were pretty. "Well, roses are really nice, I think it's a good symbol" she smiled. Nice to look at, but the thorns could hurt if you weren't careful.

When they started to head out the shop she was about to voice her thoughts when he rushed back and paid for the flowers. She smiled and started to walk towards the exit. "Yeah, let's put these things in the car. Should we dirve somewhere else perhaps? I don't think I need to buy anything more" she said and continued to walk. They soon reached the exit and got outside. Mia spotted the car and walked up to it before lookign at Amon. "Where should we go?".

Trigger2Red likes this

"Where should we go... good question. I honestly don't know where we should go next."

Amon, next to the car, stepped aside as Cara exited the driver's seat and the trunk of the car popped open. "May I take your bags?" she asked Mia with thinly veiled disgust, as Amon was already moving to put his  bags in the trunk.

"I know how much you hate playing butler, Cara, which makes me wonder why you volunteered to bodyguard me in the first place. So I order you as Lord Umbra to give us recommendations of things to do for the next... four hours."

"Four hours? That's not too much time. Let's see..."

As Cara thought, if Mia had given her bags to her, Cara would put them in the back; opening the back door to the car if Mia chose to put the bag in the trunk herself or simply opted to carry them in the backseat herself, then moving to the driver's seat as Amon got in the car himself.

"The beach is always open, but it is a bit cold today. I'd lay off of beachfront activities for a warmer day. Next week is supposed to warm up greatly; that might work then. Today, though, I'd say the best thing to do is go back, relax, drop off your bags, and... change into something a bit more formal for a dinner date."

Amon leaned forward in the backseat and playfully slapped Cara's shoulder, embarrassed, as she turned around and smiled at the two with a mischievous grin. "Cara! Stop!"

"But... it's your decision. What'cha gonna do?" Cara would ask, turning around to look at Mia.

HighTopp likes this

Mia didn't really have any ideas to where they could go either. She never got to go out exactly, so she didn't know any good places or similar to hang out at or do activites. But she was keen on making as much of this day as possible. 

When she heard Cara she also heard the difference in her tone. "Uh...". She smiled faintly. She then heard what Amon said and realized that Cara wasn't so fond of doing such things. "Well, I can take care of my bags myself. But thank you" she said with another smile and opened the door and put her bags down on the floor. She didn't have too much, just the books and some clothes so it didn't take up much space. 

She then moved and sat down in the backseat and listened to them. She blushed a bit as she heard Cara. THey were probably going to have dinner, so she guessed it could qualify as a date, but it was still a bit awkward to think about.

"Well going back to the hotel to freshen up sounds good. I know I would like to change my clothes if we are going to eat dinner somewhere". She didn't want to force the idea of a date on Amon, even if she kinda liked it a bit herself even if it was a bit awkward.