Voting has reset for the month of March. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

Warlock

Picking Up the Pieces

39 posts in this topic

"Don't worry, it's all going to work out, you'll see." Annabelle said as they continued over to the farm, the sun beginning to descend from its midday position. It would take a little bit more time than when she was simply riding a horse, but they would still arrive just before the construction crew would turn in for the day. What they both witnessed was a small farm being reborn into something entirely different from what it once was.

Small skeletons of buildings could be seen spread out amongst the area before them, with a medium sized structure that resembled a house in the very middle of it all. Men of all kinds were working hard to clear away the ash, set up the foundation and to get started on erecting the structures that would make up the training grounds. There was still a great deal of work to be done, but Annabelle was assured that it would be done on schedule and within their budget. If all things went according to plan, then in a few weeks time they would have the beginnings of a training ground that she could make her mark on the world.

"All right you stay right here while I go get some of the things I'll need to help you out." Leaving Arashi at the wagon she went to gather some equipment she had around the construction site. Taking the bike she used for personal trips to the settlement, she placed the small generator she kept in case something needed power. After returning to the wagon, she started fiddling with a few wires before coming up with a rudimentary system to recharge Arashi's system.

"All right this may feel weird, but we're going to try this out and see how it goes, so if it works, then we'll be in good shape." Attaching the wires to her sister's cheek with some medical tape, she went to her bike, which was suspended from.the ground with a small metal platform so she could ride it without going anywhere. As she started to turn the gears of the bike, it turned the gears if the generator, powering the wires and feeding Arashi a steady flow of electricity. "How is that?"

Metty likes this

Arashi absorbed the electricity into her body, feeling her strength come back bit by bit.  "Ah, yes, this feels so much better. Thanks."

A few hours later, Arashi sat in the tent, sitting down, pulling off her bandages. It would seem to be she was heavily scarred over her body, judging by the wounds she got. She sighed and looked over at Annabelle. "So...."

Annabelle came into the tent with some dinner, cooked bird with some herbs she found near the woods that weren't poisonous. It took some work, but she was starting to believe that her cooking skills were getting a lot better. Such skills would do her well since she would most likely have to fill many roles in order to fill out the compound until they could hire others to fill those positions.

"Something you need to talk about, Arashi? I know its not great to be living in a tent right now, but as soon as the house is finished we can move in there." She smiled softly and chuckled "a house, I almost can't believe I'm going to have a house now in this place." 

Sleeping in a tent for a while would be worth the wait, once they finally had their business up and running. Things were falling into place and Annabelle couldn't be happier about it, her smile something that never left her face. With things going as they were now, she almost thought that she was living in some sort of dream world. Hopefully though she would never wake up, so she could stay this happy forever. 

Metty likes this

Arashi looks over at her. She sighs. "No...it's alright." She didn't wanna say much to be honest, she'd probably scare the poor kid off. Arashi barely talked about what she was thinking about. The dragonkin barely spoke any words. She wasn't too good at talking. She was more of a fighter than a talker. 

Arashi didn't talk much about her past with Annabelle, she barely remembered it. She didn't know much about it, all she knew she was created and brought up in some lab. However, most of her memories were fuzzy for some odd reason. She didn't understand why.

"I was thinking of my past...I don't know why I don't remember it..."

Warlock likes this

Annabelle frowned as she passed Arashi a plate, thinking on her situation for a bit before starting to eat. Sometimes that helped her to think, if she was able to get some food in her stomach beforehand. The teenaged girl didn't honestly know a lot about Arashi, besides what she was able to gather through their initial interactions. Not knowing one's history had to be a frightening idea, though sometimes Annabelle wished she could forget some things in her past. 

"That's okay Arashi, maybe we can find some way of restoring your memories once we get things started. I'm sure there's something we can do to help you remember, if you want to that is."

There was always the possibility that Arashi wouldn't actually want to remember her past. Sometimes things are best left forgotten that way, but it was hard to know for certain since they are missing in the first place. Whatever Arashi wanted to do about it, Annabelle would do everything in her power to help, so she smiled in support of her. 

Puranetto Ueivuzu and Metty like this

Arashi sighed as she started to eat her food. She knew bits and pieces but it really didn't add up. She was confused on what she remembered and how it fitted in with her current life.

Arashi knew one thing though. The organization that created her had mulitple labs across the world. Their wherebouts were a mystery. She knew the one that created her was in Hell's Gate.

"No, it's alright. It probably wouldn't make sense to me..." The draconic hybrid sighed. 

"It's gotta be around here somewhere..." came a voice from a bit away from the area that the two where in. Arashi could pick it up due to her good hearing. She easily knew the voice.

"Is that Genji? What's he doing out here?" Arashi sighed. Genji was somewhat of a friend. She'd probably get in trouble for running off like usual. What she didn't know that was probably was gonna get into trouble for hanging about with humans.

Warlock likes this

"Sounds like you two have some history" Annabelle said as she finished her food, unaware of the possible danger ahead. "Maybe we should go and introduce ourselves to him, he might just become a friend." Going over to the flap of the tent, she dusted off her clothes before waving over at the one called Genji.

"Hello there! Are you Arashi's friend? Its really nice to meet you, I wasn't sure if you know this but this is sort of private property." It was important to make sure he knew whose land it was, because she knew that if he was a friend of Arashi's, he was probably as violent as she was. "What business do you have here?"

Metty likes this

The dragon elemental hybrid turned around when the kid talked. Genji seemed to be fairly big and muscular even bigger than what Arashi was. He seemed to be in top physical condition. 

As Arashi had finished her food, Genji walked over to the tent, grabbing Arashi up by the scarf as he reached inside, picking her up as he walked outside with her.

"Genji, it ain't what you think it is!"

The dragon looked over at Arashi as she spoke. "I told you to go and investigate that cult we talked about. Now it's gone cause of you!"

"Hey! It's not that bad!"

"I wanted to join, you worthless dragonkin! Now your friendly with humans, have you gone soft Arashi? What happened to killing humans non-stop? I told you to make problems for these humans, not become friends with them!"

"Soft?! Who you calling soft, Genji?! You kill humans cause they killed your parents!"

With that Genji dropped Arashi, looking really mad at her.

"That's it. I'm killing you Arashi. I've had enough of this. Killing your friend too."

Arashi got up and looked over at Genji. "You're not hurting my friend!"

It might be a wise idea for Annabelle to not get involved in this fight, it might end up seriously hurting her. Arashi stood in front of her protectively.

Warlock likes this

For a moment Annabelle considered disregarding Arashi's warning and helping her with the fight anyway. While she wasn't as skilled as her adopted sister was, the teenager still knew how to put up a fight. Though the more she thought about it, the more she realized how foolish of an idea that was, considering the raw power Arashi herself had.

Opting for the safer path, she dashed for the wagon, gathering the reins as she directed her horse attached to it onwards to the settlement. If she could get some help, maybe she would be able to stop the fighting before it got out of hand. She tried to tell herself that it was going to be okay, that Arashi could handle herself, that this Genji guy would get what was coming to him. All these things she prayed would be true as she made her way out of the training compound in order to get to the settlement.

"Please be careful Arashi, I can't lose you again." All these moments of dealing with near death experiences of her sister was beginning to take their toll. If she kept getting this scared she would start growing gray hairs fir certain. Someday she would stop being scared, she would do something about her life and she would feel like the strong one for once.

Metty likes this