Valucre
Hats

Strange days

Lerill was a nice town where one could find what they want in a place to live. Should one go to the outskirts, they'd find peaceful, calm atmosphere with the majority of the buildings there being recreational and residential, with a couple schools. Yet if that didn't suit ones taste, they could go farther inward , towards what's none as  "little big town" where it felt crowded like the larger cities at the least during the night, but during the day other than the buildings one would have trouble differentiating it with the outskirts of town.

Though while Lerill may have been average in nearly every aspect, from the structure, the people, and even location, still outsiders and even those that lived there for their whole lives always felt something off about the town. A certain power to it, they'd be right had they seen what lied underneath the town. Whatever and wherever it was, it radiated out power, that either did nothing or gave someone powers, but this was a rare occurrence and even than one might have a chance to die as well.

Oel always enjoyed his visits to Lerill, it was always a nice, quiet place and especially during the weekdays he could probably hear his own heart beat than if he listened close enough. Alas the shushed roar of his car's engine prevented him from completing such a action, well that along with the fact he wasn't here to spend alone time as he'd like but he'd been contracted by the local police to look into a recent string of missing person's case. At least it won't be a loud job. 

@SealedHeart

Light crept across the darkened halls of an abandoned apartment complex, soft steps echoing along the dusty wodden floors. Light colored eyes gaze across the area with a flicker of distaste, lips settling into a grim line as splatters of red are revealed along the walls.

"I always get the least sanitary jobs...Of course I just had to go for this though...I'm such an idiot."

Oel looked at a photo on his dashboard and saw a very familiar building, probably was his destination than again he always relied on others for his lack of practical navigational skills. Well at this looks like where I'm supposed to be, he thought to himself as he entered into the building it didn't look like any of the other buildings where he was and even if it wasn't it couldn't have been that hard to find it somewhere else. 

"I always get the least sanitary jobs... Of course I just had to go for this though... I'm such an idiot."

"Why hello there, are you also on this investigation?" He said walking into the room from where the voice originated. 

The eyes turned a brighter shade as the startled girl turned toward the noise, a singular hand resting on the hidden handle of a knife in her pocket. Dark hair framed the fair skinned face, angelic features twisted slightly as the girl took in the new comer.

"They told me they wanted all the help they could get...though I was the only one idiotic enough to actually accept."

The girl nodded in greeting, shaking her head at the whole messs of things.

"Idiotic? I'd say that's a bit too harsh of a word... I'd say challenging is a better word."

Oel said as he pulled out a flash light and pointed it towards her revealing her more clearly along with the room behind her, along with the dusty wooden floors, walls whose paint was nearly gone, and a stick of butter surrounded by dried blood and a liquid he couldn't quite recognize yet. 

"Was this already here when you get here uh miss?" He said as he started walking around the blood splatter and taking the camera that he hung from his waist to start photographing the scene. Maybe they have those kinds of people here as well.

Edited by Hats

The girl hummed as the light was shined in her, squinting before her faded orbs adjusted. She turned to look at the painted wall beside her, huffing as she heard the male's question.

"Of course it was. Or can you not tell dried blood from wet?"

The metallic smell was still hanging in the air, however, so she guessed the blood had been there for a few days at most.

"Also, I'm no 'miss'. My name is Alpha."

"Alright alright Alpha, I'll take your word... Is just a bit weird for butter to be at a crime scene like this... Oh right, name's Oel by the way." He said as he started to take photos of the scene from various angles and distances making sure to not disturb the crime scene much. Which was a bit difficult seeing as his only source of light at the moment was coming from his flash light, which he had since started holding using his teeth so it wouldn't mess with his shots as much. 

"C~..Ca-n" That's not gonna work, and so he spit it out catching the thing with his elbows, shit was there evidence there. "Hey you wouldn't happen to mind helping me find the power to this place by any means? There's gotta be something around here somewhere right?" 

Alpha watched the man do his work, barely catching his reply. She nodded as Oel told her his name, her gaze lingering on the crooks and cranies of the wall as she digested more information. 

"I suppose its odd enough."

Alpha commented gently, raising a brow when Oel spit out his flashlight, glancing to her as he asked about the lights.

Muttering gently to herself, the dark haired woman turned and started walking down the hall in search of a breaker box, her eyes catching details as she worked her way around the debris littering the floors.

Edited by SealedHeart

"I'm guessing this isn't your first job dealing with instances such as this Alpha." He said making sure all of the saliva he had spit out was on his sleeves and only on his sleeves, as he caught up with Alpha. As they walked down the hall in search of what he'd describe as a convince finder, since he didn't need the light really other than to just do what he was gonna do but a bit easier without a flashlight in his mouth. 

"Y'know most people well normal people would've acted a bit differently to a butter stick at a murder scene. So I take it you've seen similar things before right, so you'd  know how they found the last guy that could this sort of thing?" 

"I'm guessing this isn't your first job dealing with instances such as this Alpha."

Alpha heard the male speak, her gaze sidelining so that her orbs met his at the barest fraction, most of her attention kept to the room. She did not answer his observation, thinking back to the many cades shed been on.

"Y'know most people well normal people would've acted a bit differently to a butter stick at a murder scene. So I take it you've seen similar things before right, so you'd  know how they found the last guy that could this sort of thing?" 

Her lips tilted at the remark of 'normal' people, knowing full well she was anything but normal. The butterstick was actually surprising, but Alpha had seen a murderer eating cookies above the corpse he'd just killed, covered in blood, while trying to convince her he was innocent. Honestly not much compared.

She chuckled as she rounded a corner to an access hallway where the closet with the light box was no doubt located.

"This is my first time swing this thing in particular. I have to admit it's rather.. Odd, but I don't know anything more and I'm not one to back out of a job."

Make a mental note of that, Oel thought to himself when he observed his partner tilt her lips at around the time he said normal people. As they turned the corner he took out his flash light and flashed it, at what should've been where the breaker box was located. His face started to light up like the breaker box caught in his flash lights beam. Sweet, now I don't have to hold the light source in my mouth as much. 

When he went to try and turn on the power he realized something, he didn't know how to work breaker boxes. 

"Oh, that would've been useful to know. Ayy Alpha you know to work these things?" He said closing his right eye and looking away.

Alpha enjoyed watching Oel prance beside her toward the object of their interest, her eyes twinkling under the dim lighting as she recognized his hesitation.

The man had wanted her to find him a breaker box, and yet he didn't even know if they would be able to use it. 

Sighing, Alpha ignored the man's question, walking forward with grace. She stopped at the box, reaching around to unlock the latch.

Her hands roamed over the flips and switches, pausing to twist so the light was back on the keys. She gazed across the panel, glancing at the back where each key was marked. A gentle him broke over her lips as she found the one she was looking for.

'A-Main Central LightWas printed across the largest switch at the bottom, a red light shining through the middle.

"Neh, got it."

Alpha commented, before she flicked the switch.

Her eyes were forced to adjust while the sound of a thrumming engine was heard, the lights in the room blinking to life.

After he readjusted his eyes, he looked at the text near the largest bottom switch, and pulled out his translating book, going through three words he gulped looking at its literal translation. Going through the time to translate things may prove to be more than useful in the future, he thought to himself pinning it again as a mental note. Sure it'd be forgotten about after a minute of not needing it, but it was something at least. 

"Sorry about that I know how to speak a few languages, but I'm never really took the time to learn how to read them." As he started walking back , he started noticing new details about the building, mainly unnatural marks, and melted butter scattered across the walls. That should have a scent shouldn't it, he thought to himself walking towards what looked like a rotten stick of butter that was surrounded by a blood stain. 

"Huh, maybe they really do have those kinds of people here." While Oel, was looking at the sticks of butter, there was a figure off in the distance observing both and it left but not before throwing a small knife that would nick Oel's outer thigh and cause a very shallow cut with a very light yellow substance on its edges. 

"OI OI OI" 

Alpha passed her eyes over the book Oel had removed, turning her head to survey the details in the room, her feet automatically following after her companion as he began to walk away. Alpha's nose wrinkled in disgust at the state of the building, her hands itching in the gloves for the torch she had stored in her boots. Honestly, with the mess of a building being what it was, people would only thank the raven. Of course, there was still evidence, and Alpha did not want to go another month or so without pay, again.

Alpha's eyes glinted as she turned away once more, humming softly while her small pupils seemed to narrow slightly while she became a bit more aware of the tiny scratches along the surfaces around her, the little impressions and the markings of dust and other substances. 

In all honesty, after remaining 'normal' for so long, Alpha found it quite the overload to her system to use her hyper-sensitive sight. Still, the ability helped her notice the papers stacked in a corner under some dirt cloth. Alpha blinked, her eyes shutting several times, opening each time to a more near-sighted and less-detailed view of her surroundings.

Alpha dropped down to a crouch, gently lifting the corner of the fabric hiding the papers, completely ignoring anything else. Even the sudden words of the man accompanying her did not startle her from her focus.

As he went to purse after the intruder, halfway out the door Oel halted himself looking around he didn't see any trace of the person before him. Opting to grunt and go back towards his partner, he felt confused as to why they didn't try finish what they started or trying again. Well that'd be something he'd find out later, he was sure of it. Though as he thought why they only did such a pathetic attack he looked at his wound, and saw it looked bigger a little bigger than it should've or felt it should've been, I guess I can't tell unless I find what he threw at me. 

"Ay Alpha you find anything yet, or have any friends you waiting on? Cause someone tried to kill me, I'm not really sure though since they were very bad at it." He said walking back towards his companion.