Ran Iji

NAT - Old is the Victor.

Stone-Today at 1:26 PM

You can win this one. Anyways, fern you should see my niece around avalynn!

>.>

If @Albireo changes his mind before the 27th and wants to actually do the match that's cool with me. Short of that, I suppose I get a bye this round.

10 hours ago, Robbie Rotten said:

Stone-Today at 1:26 PM

You can win this one. Anyways, fern you should see my niece around avalynn!

>.>

If @Albireo changes his mind before the 27th and wants to actually do the match that's cool with me. Short of that, I suppose I get a bye this round.

Nope, don't plan on changing my mind. I've got next to no interest in fighting someone who self admittedly joins tournaments and T1's just to lol at it as a participant. 

9 minutes ago, Albireo said:

Nope, don't plan on changing my mind. I've got next to no interest in fighting someone who self admittedly joins tournaments and T1's just to lol at it as a participant. 

that irony when offending the sanctity of T1 actually earns you a W at T1

Spoiler

7zgD9wZ.gif

• Warlock [1-2] vs Kasai Uchiha [2-0-1]
  • Corban [1-1-1] vs Ataraxy [2-1]
  • Mag [2-1] vs Misty [1-2]
  • Robbie Rotten [1-2] vs Jesus Negro [1-2]
  • Sunbreaker [3-0] vs Albireo [0-3]

Notes: Platform is 50 yards long and 15 yards wide. There is breathable air for those that need it. The abstract alterations in the background have no impact on play.

Edited by Ran Iji

I still need to post all the logs, but I do feel that this is a good stopping point for the event. I somewhat hinted at it with 'Final Destination' being the stage for the last round.

r12cNg8.png

I have to go through all the logs and accumulate the data that I needed for future events. Thank you all for participating in the test run. There are numerous things that I do plan on changing for the next tournament. At a glance:

• Match Timer will be removed.
    • Each person will have ??? time to post a single turn. [I will be looking at the data from the event to determine the average.] If I had to guess, it'll be around 10-15 minutes.
    • Going over the timer will result in a penalty strike. [And an additional penalty for every five minutes over. Three strikes and you're out.]
    • Given no match timer, it shall be easier for players to have a 'time out' to question things.
    • I still want to do my best to have matches finish in under three hours. I feel that changing the timer style will make it easier on players, while also prevent players from falling into sinking all their 'time resource' into one or two posts.
    • Matches will still end after a specific amount of time.
  • Character creation/use will be very different.
    • I felt that players had issues grasping the power tiers, and that some players had more flexible characters/options than others. I've never been one to hand hold. I could have done better, though.
    • More information to come as I decide on the best way to handle this.
  • Judging style will remain the same.
    • When calling for a judge, since there's no match timer you will gain strikes [these stack with the timer one.] In this case, it would be two strikes for a failed judgement call.
    • I still feel that the moment a judge is called, at least one of the parties involved has already decided that the fight should be over. This is partly as to why the penalty for a failed one exists.
    • Judge involvement was right around the level of interaction I wanted. At no point do I want things to ever be 'call a judge every round' or match.
  • Stages will be different.
    • I will create a pool of five stages. Players will then take turns removing a stage as a possible location for their match. Once one stage remains, that is where they will fight.
    • This system will allow for the players to immediately remove a stage that is terrible for their character [or style of play], while giving them a chance to try to find the best possible stage to play in the match up.
  • Fighting System might gain some tweaks.
    • There are certain changes that I have pondered making to T1 over the years to improve the system. The first event already tested a few of the changes with no Prep Spoilers and a Match Timer.
    • Sneak Peak - Ambient Energy: Characters start with one free prep, and every four turns you gain an additional free prep.
    • More information to come as I decide on the best way to handle this.
  • The Good!
    • The event actually finished.
Edited by Ran Iji