Voting has reset for the month of March. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

Prestississimo

Housesitting

30 posts in this topic

Tobais nodded. " That would be most benifical to us. Well memories the house before changing it around. Then we can practice in the illusionary mansion My associates here will make. Keeping them out will be goal 1 but depending on number or skill this will be an issue. Thieves are trained to get in and haul stuff out so we do what we can but have a back up cause unless they really suck they will get it. Making the house as confusing as possible will help. " his brains were working. Typical scenario. " we bar the easiest entry ways to get into hide all the valuables togther in a single one way room in the cellar of you have one. An attic will work to but it's less defensible and easier to get at. Depending on which on you have determines which floor we'll turn into a trap and which we set defenses. 

Sebastion nodded, while leading the group through the house. "Solid ideas, and we've already done some of them," he spoke while walking. "The most valuable objects are in the cellar, though obviously we can't move everything. There's no attic, so no need to worry about that, and we could definitely seal off some of the entrances."

While Sebastion and Tobias talked, the twins kept their eyes on the surroundings, memorizing hiding places, windows and entrances, and familiarizing themselves with the environment. Locking the place down could be tricky. There were a lot of windows and doors. Probably a natural consequence of a house this size but still inconvenient. Some of the windows were already boarded over, and others were being further secured by men dressed like Sebastion.

Alright my good sir, how many of you will be here to participate in house defense, and how many of you have some degree of training for this?"  He was also scanning up and down the hall way. Running simulation and possible scenarios. He winked at his younger friends  and while he waited began placing his ears on the floors and walls and knocking. Checking to see how wel sound and vibrations traveled through. " finally you boys have a way to see in the dark?"

Posted (edited)

The men working nearby, those that heard Tobias' question, looked at the man, before offering a shrug and looking to Sebastion. The chief-of-security addressed Tobias, "All of my men are trained for combat and for detaining intruders. And no, none of them can see in the dark, as far as I know." The last part was addressed at the working men, and all of them shook their heads. 

The twins were now experimenting with illusions, seeing how well they stuck to the walls of the house, where best they took, how much they could use.

Edited by Prestississimo

Tobais looked over at the twins. " hey can you use your illusions to say help someone see in the dark?"  A world without light was a huge advantage if your opponent couldn't pull it off.  If they could do this it could be a very quick and easy job. If not well then he could save of for of everyone else was incapacitated. Thieves typically didn't kill bad for their buisness.

Leo and Luna looked at one another, before offering Tobias a shrug. "I can make illusory like," Leo offered, "but those are just going to act like ordinary lights." He shrugged, "Mental manipulation like that is a bit outside my purview."

Tobais nodded solemnly. " Alright that takes away an adventage we could have used. But that's fine I still have confidence. " he began to pull out string and bells. Making intricate lines to create an alarm system in case they couldn't get the traps up in time.

Sebastion nodded, "A smart plan. Why don't you set up as I show you around."

He turned away from the trio, and continued showing them through the house, stopping in each room to allow Tobias and the twins to make their preparations.

Tobais set several in the doors they passed as a warning of someone making it through the room and locked door. Before long Tobais seemed more spider like than anything managing so many wires and bells. He must have accuse senses to feel any out all those vibrations. The traps would come after the tour. Already with all the string he could've created a fake wall from it.

Luna watched Tobias work with some interest while Leo continued testing surfaces for illusory purposes. Some of the places in the house resisted manipulation, the materials there wouldn't take to the illusions, and Leo frowned whenever this happened.

Eventually Sebastion had led the little group throughout the entirety of the property. He turned to face the group, "And that's the layout of the grounds. Do you have any questions?"

Tobais cleared his throat. " The house can be easily and readily made more defensible , however I'll go ahead and ask for my friends here, can move thevillusikn resistant object else where? I became swears due to my younger friends frown. While it won't affect me it is messing with what they are skilled at."  He waited for the reply to come.

Leo held up a hand to forestall Sebastion's answer. "Certain constructions in the walls just don't take well to manipulation. Happens in every building. It has to do with the way people perceive, and how far you can stretch those perceptions. I don't think it's anything that Sebastion's men can do anything about, it's just something we're going to have to work around."

Leo turned to his sister, and addressed a question to her. "Are we all set?" She gave him an "OK" sign with her hands, and he turned to face the two older men. "Me and Luna have seen everything we need to see, and are ready to set up. Do you have anything else to show us Sebastion? And do you have any questions for him Tobias?"

Tobais shakes his head. " Everything is good on My end. In a few hours I could turn this entire place into a coffin for those unlucky  thieves." With that it was time to get to work. He went back about stringing up rooms and hallways however certain wires had pieces of paper attached to them, with ominious looking symbols. 

Leo and Luna set about their own preparations. With guidance from the security team, Leo started setting up one-way walls, as in illusions that could be seen through one way and not the other, as well as hiding some of the doors by making them appear as part of the wall. By the time they were finished, the house was a maze, even to the people who regularly inhabited it, and the pair had to spend no small amount of time acclimating the inhabitants to the changes.

I

Tobais had finished setting traps some ways were effectively a trap hold with the only way in through the windows  meaning countless thrives would saricfice each other and never find the door inside.  With noisemakers on the corridors for support. 

" That's pretty impressive you two I can honestly say that you two can go far, very far." 

With that acknowledgement down he was sitting down taking notes rather carefully of the new layout. Making sure he could remember this place even in he dark.