Valucre
  • Announcements

Tobais smirked* both ways simple as that. He picks up both of them* now hang on! As I rush by the rooms I’ll spring the traps. Anyone in the rooms we pass will be disabled lessening number potentially is that acceptable?” Of course by now he had his arms around them and he made sure they were both secured to his persons. Thenwith mad speed he was out the window that Hadn’t been touched. 

“ keep an eye   Out for or adversaries I doubt the manupulator would be inside if it’s a possibility! * he springs up the wall triggering the rooms he passed like he said before breaching the small round window that led into the command center. He easily avoided his own set traps*

The whirlwind of activity that followed left both twins disoriented and confused. Luna was more than a bit anxious about being quite suddenly picked up, and she mostly focused on taking deep breaths to avoid, or at least forestall, any kind of freak out. For his part, Leo was doing his best to manage his illusions, clearing the ones that were no longer useful and consolidating what energy he had left.

Before too long, Tobias had brought the trio to their destination, where he unceremoniously deposited the twins. Leo landed on his feet, though he did look a bit woozy. Luna more collapsed on the ground, sitting slumped over and still and keeping the deep breaths going. Sebastion was there, as was Carlis, though neither in the condition that the trio had last seen them. The merchant was tied to a chair in the corner of the room, and apparently unconscious. Sebastion, on the other hand, was seated with his back to the window, eyes on some device. He turned, however, when Tobias broke through the window, standing swiftly and leveling a magi-tech pistol at the trio. The man's eyes glowed with some kind of magic, though Leo remained unsure of exactly what it was. The chief-of-security didn't hesitate, squeezing off a quick burst of rounds at the group. Leo threw up illusory walls to block the bullets, and decoys to confuse the shooter, but he wasn't sure he'd be able to cover Tobias. Hopefully the man could take care of himself.

Luckily due to Tobias unceremoniously dropping Luna, which was the best move in this case she wasn’t a clear and easy target for  their now turned security advisor. However it was always in his nature to be immediately out of the way when he makes an entrance.  But at first he hadn’t seen the danger with the two men they were suppose to be keeping safe being the only ones to be here. It appeared Tobais’s Method of transit had caught the senior off guard which was an advantage he wished wasn’t gone. 

The pull twist and fire came much faster than he expected and he rolled and threw a knife from his new position before rolling again. Trying to put the twins on one side of the man’s body.  Which would force him to face one way or the other and allow someone to rapidly advance or a slow movement in both sides. Tobias was clearly fast. He couldn’t afford to take a hit and kept it that way by using cover.  He pulled out a tag with the teleportation symbol on it and wrapped it up on a knife. Typically he’d use the paper bombs but didn’t want to hurt the merchant because he was the one paying him*

The wild spray of bullets spattered across the room in the direction of Tobias and the twins. Several decoy copies of the twins collapsed along with the illusory walls set up to absorb the attacks coming at the real pair. The illusions could only take on shot before dissipating, but by layering them Leo was able to keep the pair safe. The two of them lost track of Tobias in the struggle, but he wasn't lying bleeding on the ground, so that was a good sign.

A short lull in the shooting betrayed Sebastian's need to reload, and the twins took the opportunity to run for Carlis, Leo throwing up more barriers as they went, intent on protecting their employer. 

The mad spray had stayed focused on the tiwns. Tobais easily slipped closer and closer and closer like a venomous snake locked in to its target with deadly pruisuit. The illusions kept comming without fail. So  soon Tobais had used the dark room to get within grabbing distance of The ex Secruity staff member. As soon as he had to reload Tobais rose up and grabbed him. Tanking him over the table he’d used as cover and put him on the ground with fairly average force. He made sure hat at all costs he could get the gun away. Which meant he wasn’t as focused on the other parts of his body. “ You’ve lost I just want to know why...” 

he reaches for a small knife*

After Tobias pinned Sebastian, the eerie glow in the man's eyes faded, and he slumped over, apparently unconscious. The twins arrived at Carlis' side, and set about trying to wake him. He wasn't responsive, but he was breathing fine, so they left him alone and went over to Tobias' side. They stared down at the unconscious security chief, though Luna's eyes kept wandering over to the knife in Tobias' hands.

It was Leo who broke the silence, speaking quietly. "We need to make sure he was the one controlling the others, and not being controlled himself. Maybe we should take him with us and check on the conditions of the others downstairs. We also still need to find the robbers themselves. I guess we could tie him up to. I feel like we don't have enough people for this." The boy seemed frustrated, and Luna's face mirrored his expression. 

Tobais nodded solemly. He pulled out some tape and began to wrap up the head of Secruity* “ Realistically were screwed. However practically the robbers are at a disadvantage.  While I doubt he’s the controller, unless he’s been getting the shaft for years, which as a head of security I doubt, I feel like the robbers must either have inside knowledge or lots of prep. We don’t know how their ability works, but it’s only affected those who have already been working here. Most of those guys have already been caught when we redid the traps and went ahead and triggered the rest.  Further more the ones hidden are suppose to be knocked out. So either these people have to know someone, have to have touched someone, or someone has to be uncounceous for them to control, or maybe even like of sight. Which I doubt because they were controlling several people over multiple floors, however we don’t know how many they can control either. Anyway the only way they can practically beat us is if these people have abilities magic powers Etc., Misc. themselves. So we can easily beat the guards, but the master mind may be piggy backing off people he can control. So we need to proceed with caution and stay togther. We need to make sure none of us three get controlled, or this operation will be a bust. I have no intentions of failing a pay check yet”

The plan seemed sound. Splitting up now was probably an unnecessary risk. "There was probably a recent hire working from the inside," Leo mused, "but I guess finding them now matter little. We should probably get moving. I think at this point we assume everyone other than us is a risk and disable anyone we find. We can apologize later if we mess up and take down someone not being controlled, but I don't think we have the wiggle room to act with anything except extreme caution."

Luna nodded in agreement, and motioned for the door. "Let's get moving. There's a lot of mansion to cover, and we might not have a lot of time before they're ready to make their getaway." The girl puts words to action, heading for the single door in the room. Leo moved next to her, opening the door while she stood to the side. He peered out, and then gave an all clear motion. He signaled for the other two to follow, and then set off down the stairs, into the second-highest floor in the building, intent on working their way down. 

Tobais was somewhat, as in some of him, enjoying these two. He made a mental note to hire them out for future jobs. So far he hasn’t heard the others in his head, which was great, it meant everything was normal although he felt a light buzz from their whispers as they began to think on their own about this mind control.

once they began to leave Tobais spoke up breaking his professionalism, one of the others must have really wanted it said. “ You two are doing great! Do you do these jobs often or are you new?” For a moment something unprofessional passed through their collective mind. Taking them in. They were twins and alone. Of course he himself rejected the idea,  some liked it. Others didn’t. For the professional merc was many other things, it was why he only worked. Kept him from being one of the others.  

He placed an explosive tag on the door as they left to seal the room*

The trio moved down the stairs, though before they reached the bottom, Tobias asked a question. Surprisingly, it was Luna who answered it. "We've been working for a while now. We do case by case." She was about to say more, but Leo shushed her. He motioned to the bottom of the stairs, where the flickering interior lights of the mansion sent a shadow sprawling across the open doorway.

The young man held a finger in front of his lips, signaling for silence, and then made a motion with his hands. The illusory magic responded, pulling a cloak of darkness around him that obscured his form in the low light. Leo crept down the stairs and peeked the corner, before retreating back up to his sister and coworker. "He whispered urgently to them. There's somewhere standing guard there, someone who's not one of the guards. He's dressed in all black, and wearing a cloth mask over his mouth. I think we've found our first thief."

Luna nodded, and whispered an open question to both of them, "What now?"

Tobais smirked upon hearing the thief was down in the hall way. That was something good to know.  He looked between the two. “ All right here is what we’ll do. This is complicated and totally not my normal Opertus Mardi but  we know some of them can Mind control. Can you two make Illusions of yourself’s and put them at the end of the hallway?   We need to know their combat ability and intellegnce. Hopefully they will fail for it and we can take them from behind nice and quite like. Additionally, are any of my trip wires still in the hall way? Or is it to dark to see?” Tobias was Cautious with his words making sure they barely got above the sound level of a breeze. Carefully thinking over the situation and how to approach.

( I really like their Dynamic it kinda makes me wanna do a love of Life where he helps take care of them.)

A plan was hatched, and Leo crept back down the stairs to get more info. He came back up again, whispering urgently to his companions. "No trip wires that I can see. I think they've been cut and removed. Come down the stairs with me, quietly. The thief is looking for people coming in, not out. I'll make up some illusions of me and Luna and we'll see if we can catch him by surprise."

Leo lead the way down the stair, Luna taking the rear. Sure enough, the thief was looking out into the corridor. By their posture, Leo could tell that the person was rather bored, but they dutifully kept their gaze scanning the hallway. It was a short bit of work to spawn two doppelgangers at the end of the hallway and have them come up out of the floor like there were coming up the stairs. The thief spotted the erstwhile pair almost instantly, shouting "Hey!" and taking off down the corridor. The illusion of the twins came running at the man, brandishing fake weapons. Leo knew that the illusions would hold up to exactly zero scrutiny, as soon as they were struck they'd collapse. As the three figures grew closer to meeting, Leo whispered to Tobias, "Now's the time to go."

Tobias was always happy when a course of action went as it should and these Two were good company. Especially the fact they were willing to listen to a well thought up plan. However letting the thief go was never  the intention, they were a hostile and the more removed from operational capacity the better.  He hurled a really long Yo-yo down the hall. Why this odd weapon? It had steel cable as part of its string, and he enjoyed the sight of it wrapping around the theif’s Neck and cutting into his voice box and messing with his Hyoid bone.  He began to pull the man in like a spider while he was unable to cry out, was Tobais to apply a little to much pressure his artieries would get Cut.  “ Shouldn’t we integrate him? Or we can use him as a trap and see if we can draw out more of his friends..”