Valucre
Fortress

Rebellious Rose (Predator's Keep Inn)

Ferris looked at the girl a little confused, not only because people usually become frighten of him but he sensed this woman actually felt worried for him of all people. He put the greatsword behind him and looked at A'aria closer.

"...how are you...what sort of sorcery allows you to enter into peo-Ahhh!" Ferris held his eye, to his surprise the healing factor of his werewolf genetics weren't helping with the wound he's caught in his eye. 

"...nevermind that....I could the medical supplies you have, I will pay for it later." He said as he fought the pain and stood straight.

"She's simply telepathic, she's doesn't enter into anyone, though." He hummed, placing a hand on his companion's shoulder before letting it slip beck down on to the counter. "Though, if you wish we're actually both capable of mending wounds with magic. Though she's more adept in it than I am, we still have medical supplies that might be more comfortable than it is for you."

He knew that some people didn't like accepting help from healers. Some preferred to go through it the old fashioned way, which he honestly didn't know why. "Though if you wish for a faster recovery I recommend accepting our help."

-- DOUBLE   ♊   TROUBLE --

What's his deal?

An expression the two shared, Candie striking the other a rather passive-agressive expression with arched brows and her trademark gaze, and Sunny looking back at Ferris and A'aria with the eyes of a dead fish. The undead girl circled her pale digits around the rim of her little cup, taking delicate sips of her sweet concoction with a twisting smirk. Her blonde twin chugged the ice-cold whiskey in her grasp, in contrast of her sister's more gentle demeanor. 

"How rude! You sound as if you're referring to us as feral savages."

"However, I question his scent. There's obviously another like me in this room."

Sunny stifled a little mischevious snicker, raising her fingers towards her lips to conceal her glee. Obtaining an exciting idea, she snuck a hand into the pockets of her skirt, pulling out a very peculiar glowing flask of oozing purple liquid -- but immediately stopped as she was shot a glare of her more dominant sibling, a caution to not use it. The younger twin pouted and twisted her lips, sliding said flask back into her pockets. Candie rolled her eyes annoyingly of Sunny's reaction, averting her attention to the whiskey in her hand.

Don't waste it. Besides, he's sketchy.

Dear sister, you're such a killjoy!

Edited by SweetCyanide

"I don't think the wound I have can just be healed with magic, tis a spike in my eye that must be pulled out. I need to numb it and take it out with right supplies...though I will admit I've only been able to gather what I could from the forests and such around here. Not too help." Ferris explains to the bartender. 

Ferris took off his skull helm revealing his face. He looked to be in his early 30s, short grayish with brown hair and a beard. The left side of his face was pretty torn and the left eye however it is closed still was all in red blood.  

Ferris looked at the demon and undead twins, "Feral. Not even close. Savages, your kind has made it marks before where I come from, but you've yet to prove to me that you are like them. I'd suggest keeping it that way." He responded with a solid look in his one good eye. 

Alexander Nussembaum

6oXYhwsm.jpg?1

Ms. Vespers.” Alexander whispered into his companion’s ear. “Please keep your eyes wide open.”

A tumbler was presented to Alexander, the warm amber liquid pleasant to his nose as he inhaled. He brought forward the bourbon to his lips and drank deep from the crystal, savoring the burning sensation to his lips and throat. Slamming it down in front, the Jew motioned the bartender for another. “This establishment seems to be home to Valucre’s unwanted.”

A spark of amusement appeared in his eyes at the twin's words but he didn't make any comments. He'd rather not with his current reputation. He flicked his gaze over to their first visitor and quickly began to work, nodding his head in understanding. "Then it seems like we're going to have to give you those supplies. A'aria, dear, mind getting them for us? Thanks love." He poured the drink into a cup and strode over to the blonde male, placing his cup down and taking the last one. "Always has been, always will be." He briefly answered his words, turning on his heel and walking back.

@JaviD'Arcana@Knighto@Armada@SweetCyanide

He’s a special one, isn’t he Mr. Alexander?”

A loaded question. The man blew across the tumbler’s lip in feigned irritation and glanced into Vesper’s dull eyes. “Do not sow the field with mines, young lady. I am not in the mood for brawling tonight.” Their minds were connected. Because of the special attributes of Alexander’s third eye, he can communicate with people through emotions or thought. He had little to fear in the intrusion of someone not designated credentials through a bond, for those foolish enough to attempt such affairs would find their mind banished.

I see.”

@LightningBolt @Enk Razorwood

Well, it seemed like the place was under new ownership. Not unheard of. Enk had mentioned a she in his previous assessment. It seemed like a good enough place, the owner definitely put the effort in.

"I'll take two rooms if they're available."

Not a normal place, true. But it had its own charm. It would be nice to cut loose for a night and after completing a quest for the city itself such a cost would indeed be trivial. Not that Akiris could just quit working and life how he liked, but once every now and then wasn't bad.

Akiris would wave away any attempt of Enk to pay. He'd noticed from the state of the man's cart. Something had happened and Enk wasn't acting as if he'd profited from the turn of events. It was tentative at the moment, but the man had inquired about tackling another one of the city's quests. That gave Akiris some measure of responsibility for his new associates well being.

Dear and Love? Always a flirt, Rafael. But yes, I'll get those supplies. Though Sir, I... still think magic could help. Especially for numbing the area so you can pull out the spike- 

A'aria studied the wounded area a moment. It actually... while certainly a terrible wound and would've made her cry out in fear a year ago, now it didn't seem like the worst thing she'd handled. 

Would you allow me to try to numb it before I grab those healing supplies? That cannot be very tolerable at all, and I promise if anyone can help it might be me. 

@JaviD'Arcana @LightningBolt

Ferris sighed and day in the chair next to him, "Ill allow it this time, and....thank you ms A'aria. Not many people would help a person like me.

He sat still waiting for her to use the healing magic, even if he preferred potions and alchemy, He was too tired from his hunts to care much more than he does now. Plus A'aria looked like a nice girl to him.

Oh, that's just silly of them then! As long as people don't give you an actual reason not to help them, I don't see why one shouldn't. 

After all, Rafael had never given her reason not to trust him, so trust him she did. Once Ferris was seated still, she raised both hands to his head, and they began to glow a soft green- as did her eyes. 

Oh- that's why it's gotten so bad! Your body is trying to heal around the spike- that won't do. Now, you just give me a moment to get that out and you'll soon be good as new! And don't worry- we don't charge for healing here!

A'aria gave him a small grin and the glow brightened just a bit; suddenly the pain was nothing more than memory, completely numbed. It would come back soon after she was done, but by then his body would be healing and it would be well on its way to disappearing once more. She closed her eyes to concentrate, focusing her magic on one clear point in her mind. The result was almost a little creepy, eyes still glowing when closed, but within a few minutes the spike was safely removed from his head and the blood was cleaned away.

There you are! Now, my magic only works so long without me around to keep it working, so the pain will be back soon- oh, I'll get you some painkillers for then! I'd suggest more treatment, but... your body heals abnormally fast, doesn't it? So I'm sure that'll be alright!

Ferris couldnt help but chuckle to himself, she reminded him so much of his family in the past specifically his smaller sister. Everytime people would make fun of ferris or throw things at him or try to fight him because he always looked scary to people, his sister would be there to cheer him up or heal him. They were like life and death as brother and sister. 

"I thank you for your time to heal me, A'aria. The pain will be nothing, I've been thro worse." He says nodding to A'aria in respect. 

@Akiris@Knighto

"You know me very well, love." He winked at the nymph, putting more emphasis on the endearing nickname. He chuckled as he approached the two behind the counter with a nod, taking their payment. "All right, two rooms to be prepared. Please help yourself to some refreshments to be served by the lovely lady." Motioning to A'aria, he snatched two more keys off the hooks where they hung it and made his way up the stairs, ready for two more rounds of room preparation.

He's made a mental note to just prepare the rooms ahead of time once they weren't so busy. It's becoming a hassle to go up and down.

Ferris looked to his cup of wine that was still there, he poured wine in and drank. Usually he wouldn't normally drink but its unlikely he'd get drunk, maybe it would help the pain somehow so he thought. 

"Bartender before you go, is there another room available for at least one night, I could use it." Ferris said with a tired tone. 

@LightningBolt

Edited by JaviD'Arcana

After hearing that the gambling den was out because of some of the employs not being present Enk thought maybe he should just take it easy. With everything going on so quick maybe now was the opportunity to really think of what he wants to do. Find a stable way to use the one thing he still had: His cart.

Akiris was kind enough to order two rooms. Enk was thinking about asking if there was rooms with double beds but he wanted to respect the privacy the man. With a motorcycle helm like that he could certainly pull a lady in, or perhaps have a reason to hide his identity from time-to-time. Magic and mystery went hand in hand, afterall.

"Thank you." He said, looking at the desk attendant. It was more directed towards Akiris, he said it aloud so that he didn't have to say it twice. Expressing his sense of gratitude was something he could do on the road, and he was starting to think of ways that her could already. He thought it would be nice to take a walk to the bar to see who was around and what was going on, perhaps check the room before hand and then go.

@Akiris

Edited by Enk Razorwood
Mentioning