Voting has reset for the month of July. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [July]   05/16/2017

Voting for the month of July is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
Ataraxy

[Quest]- Searching for the Golden Bunny!

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Quest: Searching for the Golden Bunny!

Details: Talia Goldestein, a kind elderly woman, has accidentally lost her pet rabbit while walking back to her house! When she had reached for her cane, the fluffy animal took off toward the river. Luckily, the rabbit won't be that hard to find since its gold.

Quest Perameters: Ms. Goldestein has requested that you retrieve her rabbit and bring it back to her safely. If the rabbit drowns in the river and is harmed in any way, the quest fails. 

Dangers: Watch out for the snakes! They like to hide in the mud surrounding the river. Also watch for the drunk gangsters hanging by the river. I don't think they're up to anything good 😈

Party requirements: Preferably two, but 1+ is gucci for this quest.

Starting place: Ms. Goldestein's house, which is approximately a mile away from the river. 

Spoiler

1450839009-f9bf204c664b0498f9d288b9857f071d.jpeg

Go save that Golden Bunny!

@Abraham Büzer

@Echoshine (if you'd like to. Haven't heard back yet but I'll tag you anyways ^.^)

Let me know if you have any questions!

Edited by Ataraxy
Mag, Echoshine and Csl like this

It was mid-day. The sky was clear with a slight and cool breeze.

Find a golden rabbit and bring it back safely. How hard could it be? Cornelius thought to himself while walking out the door.

Echoshine and Ataraxy like this

Why do we have to listen to that old dung. Moon growled lightly as they stepped out of the house, which really was beautiful Echoshine has to admit.

She signed, "Come on don't be like that! This is our first quest! We should take whatever we can get." She does have to admit though she wasn't thinking her first quest would be searching for a golden bunny. But hey you take what you can get.

Breathing in deeply as the slight breeze hit her and the sunlight hit her white silvery hair. "Come on let's go!"

Ataraxy likes this

Cornelius slightly readjusted his armor before following.

"Call me pessimist, but I think that rabbit is long gone. Probably eaten by a snake." he said, right before pulling a carrot out from his satchel and eating it.

Echoshine likes this

Moon snarled suddenly, hearing a humans voice that was not from the old hag. Echoshine heard it too and followed the voice, Sun followed suit. 

They heard rather then saw a human in a thick set of armor,eating a carrot. She chuckled at the sight accidentally alerting the human of their presence.

Nice going, Echo. Moon grumbled at her with a slight smile. 

Posted (edited)

Cornelius heard a noise from somewhere and quickly stopped in his tracks, hand over sword while scanning the area.

"Hello?" he asked and spotted a woman not too far from him.

"Are you looking for the rabbit too, Ms.?"

Edited by Abraham Büzer
Echoshine likes this

Echoshine shrugged at the question trying to look cool but failing, "Yeah. Its my first quest! I wasn't expecting it to be this, but oh well."

The tiger growled at the man, Echoshine batted him beside his head to get him to shut up. While a blue cat wearily padded up to the man and sniffed his leg, He dosen`t seem like a bad person. He does not smell like blood or anything.

"See? Moon you need to learn to trust people!"

Posted (edited)

Cornelius looked down at the blue feline, "Right...."

His eyes then meet then tiger's and he released his grip from the hilt. "Seems like we are in a similar boat, you an I. Perhaps we can help each other out."

He cautiously walks up to the elf and held out his hand, "Cornelius Ronskitt."

Edited by Abraham Büzer

"Yeah I guess we are. I suppose we can. But let me tell you one thing, human." She pointed at his armor. "That rabbit will hear your armor for miles, just a tip." She shrugged.

Why are you helping him out? Moon huffed.

Echoshine ignored the tiger as the human walked up to her, "Echoshine. That`s Moon." She pointed to the tiger. "And that`s Sun." Pointing to the blue cat who was by her side again still staring at the man.

CrimsonAurora likes this

Posted (edited)

"Nice to meet you." he said looking at all three with a smile. "And I would rather be safe than sorry."

"We should carry on before something happens to the rabbit." and he quickly marched forward towards the river gesturing for the three.

Soon after, they had reached the river.

Edited by Abraham Büzer
Echoshine likes this

Posted (edited)

Having trapsed through the muddy grass surrounding the river, Gerald the Golden Bunny had actually become Gerald the brownish-black bunny. As the four figures approached the river bed, the rabbit spotted two rather drunken men clapping each other on the back in a hardy manner.

Gerald didn't like how they smelled. He preferred carrots. A wiggle of his dirt caked nose and a swish of his poofy tail later, Gerald was hopping toward the river again. He'd seen the gleam as it shun light and he really wanted to see it up close.

That was when one of the gangsters grabbed his torso and picked him up.

Uh-oh.

Edited by Ataraxy

Posted (edited)

The four had spotted two drunken and mean looking men. One of them held up a dirty rabbit.

"I have a feeling, that those two guys are not the friendly type. I'll see if I can deal with them peacefully."  he said, trying to impress his new comrades.

He walked up to the two men with his hand discreetly on his sword and a friendly greeting, "Greetings! What are you two fellows up to?" He still had no idea that the brownish-blackish bunny was right in front of them.

Edited by Abraham Büzer

Echoshine nodded back to Cornelius, "That is true. Nice to meet you too. Yes I agree." Moon mumbled something, but Echoshine didn't care.

They followed lightly behind the man them three surprisedly not making much noise. Compared to Cornelius's armor that kept banging around with every step. They soon arrived at a beautiful river.

Echoshine looked at the two dirty men with disgust, they are humans after all but they should at least have the decency to clean themselves. Her eyes widened as she saw the rabbit. She nodded at the man, trusting him. After all she was not a great talker anyways.

Her and the two felines hid in the bushes watching as the man walked up to the two dirty humans.

"Caught me some dinner!" the goon holding the rabbit cheered aloud shaking it slightly. More dirt and mud dripped from the body revealing its golden fur even more.

Cornelius and the two drunkards noticed this at once.

"Look what we have here!" the one holding the creature exclaimed. "A golden rabbit!? We'll be rich!"

"Unfortunately for you, gentlemen, I'm looking for that specific rabbit," he pointed, "and I'd like for you to, kindly, hand it over."

Before the thug, without rabbit, could draw his weapon, Cornelius shoved him away from his partner and knocked him to the ground. He was hoping one of his new comrades would come to his aid.

Cornelius drew his sword and with a short gesture of moving his hand across the blade, overlayed the sword with fire magic setting it ablaze. The man charged forward with a small dagger.

Knowing that his sword had more reach and guessing how much his opponent had drunk, Cornelius stood his ground and awaited his time to strike.

Once in rage, Cornelius swung his sword diagonally with one hand and created a searing gash in the thug's chest, killing him instantly.

Echoshine made sure none of the gross men could see her while still seeing what's going on. When she saw that the rabbit they were holding were golden she started coming forward drawing her knife from her back pocket. 

Before she could get there though Cornelius shoved one of them back and brought out his sword. She stepped back, however, when fire erupted from the sword. But Moon charged in not caring about the fire.

He went after the one with the rabbit, but the gross men in shock dropped the rabbit before he could get to it. Moon, in the heat of the moment, clasped on to one of the man's arms and tore it out of the body. Blood pouring out, the man whispered and yelped then ran off.

Echoshine glanced around at the scene. "Nice going, Moon! You let the rabbit get away!" Well at least I did something! Unlike you who stood there frozen! "Shut up! It was because of his flaming sword!" She pointed to Cornelius, "How did you do that anyways?"

Would you all shut up for one moment so I can concentrate! 

Echoshine looked over her shoulder to see Sun heading in a direction, sniffing the ground. She gasped, " That's right! You are a wonderful smeller, Sun."

Racing towards where Sun was going she looked to Cornelius, "Are you coming?"