Voting has reset for the month of March. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

ODSTDRAGON

The graveyard

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Fortress

finally all reached normality as the two stood in the woods. Infront was a massive graveyard. So many tombstones where here. There was a small cabin in the center two bar tenders sat outside serving drinks to what could only be called a zaney cast of characters. 

Rusvial had blessed the body he turned to look at the new comers. Rusival was a young kid. It was obvious although he had no viable feet he floated off the ground.  He had a rather large Scyth for him to be lugging around. 

There were two others although they were hidden behind windows of the cabin and kept out of sight. 

Cerbaus was patting down a fresh ornate grave.  He saw him coming. " Not satisfyied yet boy? " 

@Alternative

Edited by ODSTDRAGON
Alternative and Fortress like this

Devin was giddy. Whatever Tobais had just taken him through left him seeing double of everything.

"W-Wh-What? Where am I?" he groaned and bent over on his knees, shaking the dizziness out of his head.

Alternative and ODSTDRAGON like this

Tobais got witty" The land of the dead where everything comes to die." He said with a chuckle. 

Fortress likes this

Devin struggled to hold his stomach in from the effects of the giddiness.

"Cerbaus... I need your help, a portal was opened along the road to Casper in some Coloseum, and the dead were released. I think I saw her... Rachel... And a dark elf, he returned from the netherworld as well. He was the one who killed Rachel. He enslaved the Elemental Prince, Sulfuras, to help him. Is Rachel's spirit still there? I fear the elf is doing something to her..."

Cerbaus shakes his head. " I always make sure the dead are at peace before sending them off so unless she ghosts her way back here she shouldn't be here....". There was a great torrent of anger in his voice.

Fortress likes this

"She didn't come back... She was brought back unwillingly..." Devin said.

"The gates of the netherworld were opened. But her's weren't the only spirits that escaped anyways... The man that released them is a spirit himself, and he intends to create a portal in which he can bring back the dead to serve him."

Devin hesitated for a moment, deliberating over what he was about to do. But he couldn't hold back now. He'd already asked for their help, so he was going to give his all as well.

Devin stepped back and swept his staff in a circular motion, drawing an incantation on the ground. "Take a step back Cerbaus," he muttered, "I'll let you have a look of what happened yourself..."

He danced around on the spot, his staff moving quickly, drawing several white glyphs on the ground, each representing a different memory in his present life. As he completed the circle, he began to shift from foot to foot, gradually spinning around. His staff rose and no longer drew on the ground. The white aura on the ground rose and covered his entire body.

Come...

Devin's glowing white armed reached out and pulled Cerbaus into the field.

From within, Cerbaus could see from Devin's perspective during the battle for the Colosseum. He saw a fighter with fiery eyes and a powerful aura to him marching towards the group. Rafael Untor was in front of Devin casting a spell, but as the elemental prince drew closer, Rafael faltered. Devin lowered onto his arms as he lay his staff parallel with his body. In a distorted voice, Cerbaus could hear Devin saying.

I'll buy you 20 seconds, hurry up!

And Devin burst into a sprint, dancing gracefully around the elemental prince before a burst of fire struck at his foot. He cursed as it tripped him, but he almost immediately recovered and barely dodged the Elemental Prince's sword swing. Suddenly, the prince burst into flames, sending Devin flying back towards his comrades. It was then that Rafael had completed his spell. Ice shards began to stick out from the ground, piercing the Prince's mortal body and encasing him in ice. With the Elemental Prince dealt with, the group could set their sights on the dark elf that was responsible for enslaving the elemental prince and bringing back the dead. The ice began to snake towards him, shard spikes forming to impale his body. Suddenly, the elemental prince broke forth from the encasement. Prince Sulfuras no longer had the body of a human. He was a being of raw energy and power, towering over the adventurers. The heat from his body melted the ice that threatened his master. He soon turned to face the adventurers. With a loud cackle, he unleashed a powerful blast upon them. As the fire neared him, Devin closed his eyes, already having accepted his fate. A second later when he opened them, he was shocked to see Heather Sulfuras standing in front of them with her back facing the group. The fire licked at her body furiously, disintegrating her clothes. Her skin became charred, and as the fire died down she sank to her knees. "No!" A'aria cried. Sulfuras began to advance on the group upon her sign of weakness. Suddenly, Heather's skin began to glow a bright orange. Her eyes opened wide once again, glowing a radiant gold. She stood up gradually and from her body, she emitted a powerful blast of her own, smiting the insides of the Colosseum. The blast licked the walls of the building, sweeping across the ground and ceiling rapidly. The blast was so powerful that it blocked their vision due to the sheer amount of flames that flew. As she ended her blast, Devin barely made out a figure in the background. A portal opened and a girl in a purple Gaian Academy Uniform was pulled out. She had a gaping wound in her chest. The Elemental Prince opened another portal, and the Dark elf pulled the girl through before the Prince followed in suit. Then, the portal closed, and they were gone.

As the white mist died down, Cerbaus regained control of his body. Devin looked at him grimly.

"What do you think happened? Do you recognize that portal... Or anything for a fact?"

ODSTDRAGON likes this

Cerbaus put his shovel up. The anger easing off of him in waves. " It's a gate. Different religions have different versions of the after life, so there are of course different gates and I know how to shut down a portal to hell. 

Fortress likes this

"Is there any way you can pinpoint the location of an escaped spirit? I'm planning on asking Edric to lead a team to take out the portal and figure out what really is going. But that is really stupid because the last time we did that... Rachel was killed, and Kyle lost his wing," Devin started to choke again. He looked Cerbaus in the eye, "Perhaps you could join us?" Devin didn't understand why he had invited him either. But the Citadel was strong, and Cellius Houston was no pushover. He needed all the help he could get.

Cerbaus nodded. " Only because I get to kill people and put the dead to rest. It's the only thing of intrest to me. " he walked over to Tobais and they both went to the tree that Tobais had left a mark on. There they waited for Devin to join again.

Fortress likes this

Devin came up to Cerbaus. "What now?" he asked. Devin was eager to get the ball rolling. Also, he didn't like being in a separate universe from his own.

Tobais looked at him. " Your the one who came here for help so I would strongly advise we get to the problem after all it won't do much good to stand around here. * with that he took Devin my the hand and reality seemingly broke everything shattered." With that they landed back in the Tavern.*