Voting has reset for the month of March. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

vyos

vy doodles

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm fresh and new here but i have a few characters left over from old RP forums that i'm on, so i would love to bring them over here. Here are their concept sketches (all my art): 

27lro2o.jpg

gemma and monty, a brother/sister duo who grew up living on the streets. gemma is crafty and prickly, and doesn't trust easily. monty just wants a snack. 

MldIhkX.jpg

kai -- a prankster and magician at heart. he was a hitman for hire in his last (forum) life. i don't know what he will be here. 

it might take a bit before i have these characters fully fleshed out on valucre -- i still need to read up on the lore and rules, and there's quite a bit of content for me to go through. any suggestions for building these characters of mine are welcome. :> 

Edited by vyos
von, Mag, Csl and 6 others like this

Wow really nice drawings!  I like the art style.  I always like seeing original artwork for characters.  I certainly dig some for my own characters as well.  A difference is probably that I can't draw though so I've talked my friends into helping me.  Keep up the awesome!

vyos likes this

I'm trying to figure out why the art looks so familiar... it's awesome stuff, have you posted this elsewhere? Maybe DeviantArt?

vyos likes this

8 hours ago, vyos said:

I'm fresh and new here but i have a few characters left over from old RP forums that i'm on, so i would love to bring them over here. Here are their concept sketches (all my art): 

27lro2o.jpg

gemma and monty, a brother/sister duo who grew up living on the streets. gemma is crafty and prickly, and doesn't trust easily. monty just wants a snack. 

MldIhkX.jpg

kai -- a prankster and magician at heart. he was a hitman for hire in his last (forum) life. i don't know what he will be here. 

it might take a bit before i have these characters fully fleshed out on valucre -- i still need to read up on the lore and rules, and there's quite a bit of content for me to go through. any suggestions for building these characters of mine are welcome. :> 

This is some great stuff. I particularly like Gemma and Monty 

vyos likes this

9 hours ago, spacegy4 said:

Wow really nice drawings!  I like the art style.  I always like seeing original artwork for characters.  I certainly dig some for my own characters as well.  A difference is probably that I can't draw though so I've talked my friends into helping me.  Keep up the awesome!

Thank you!! drawing my own characters has been a primary motivation for RPing for a while now. I really like putting them in different situation and doodling them and their friends ;o;

8 hours ago, Galen Wolfe said:

I'm trying to figure out why the art looks so familiar... it's awesome stuff, have you posted this elsewhere? Maybe DeviantArt?

I originally had these hosted on imgur to post to my past RP boards, but i think i only have the gemma/monty doodles posted on my tumblr artblog -- http://vytamins.tumblr.com/. i used to have a deviantart way back but it's all rly old stuff now hahah

7 hours ago, The Hummingbird said:

You're really good! Good proportions, cool clothing, nice expressions. You've inspired me.

TYYYYY i try my best ;v; 

1 hour ago, supernal said:

This is some great stuff. I particularly like Gemma and Monty 

thank you ;;;v;;; gemma and monty are particularly near and dear to me 

Galen Wolfe likes this

Do you do commissions? These are awesome.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Metty said:

Do you do commissions? These are awesome.

Thank you! I'll be reopening commissions in a couple of weeks when my final exams are over ;v; 

some more gemma/monty concepts: 

wwu81Po.jpg

Edited by vyos
Galen Wolfe, spacegy4, Mag and 1 other like this

/DUMPS ERR'THANG HERE 

i've got another character as well, but he's been collecting dust for a while. Valucre might be the perfect place for him, tho. 

qWvzEbC.jpg

His name's Canis, and he's single. B) 

Deviant, Metty, supernal and 3 others like this

He looks so amazing ;w; is he...a prince?

4 hours ago, Metty said:

He looks so amazing ;w; is he...a prince?

Thank you ;o; he wasn't originally a prince but this was a drawing i did for a special event at the time -- i might reincarnate him as some form of royalty on here, though. he fits the role quite well. :> 

Metty likes this

3 hours ago, vyos said:

i thought about starting a webcomic once, but that never happened. ;o; 

I think you have the talent and the imagination to make it happen if you put your mind to it

Fae likes this

On 4/24/2017 at 1:49 PM, Galen Wolfe said:

I think you have the talent and the imagination to make it happen if you put your mind to it

On 4/24/2017 at 4:15 PM, VulcanTheDrunken said:

Your artwork is absolutely wonderful, keep it up, you have an amazing talent!

wEEPS thank you guys ;;;;v;;;; drawing is certainly something i'm not going to give up anytime soon! 

i've been busy with finals the past couple of days, but i was digging through my sketchbook and found a bunch of (i think) pretty cool stuff, so here's a sketchdump ;u;

LdHNYC9.jpg

1. Gemma alternate concept 1 

2. Monty hair/profile designs 

3. Gemma+Monty's mom 

4. Older Monty -- he hits a pretty drastic growth spurt but still remains a skinny weak nerdo 

5. Another Gemma alternate concept 

hfmT0W6.jpg

MOre gemma outfit designs! Was playing around with different hairstyles 

sKGwXk9.jpg

Outfit redesigns for my first ever RP character, Zamuri -- definitely going to bring her into the world of Valucre at some point as well. 

Galen Wolfe and Metty like this