Valucre added to a new directory! Read more... ×
Valucre
supernal

Site maintenance around 5/5

6 minutes ago, Fae said:

Do you recall if these blocks were Tables at any point in time, Jaistlyn? Looking at the actual source of the posts I'm getting... Well, it's like the source just ~boops~ out of being code.

As an update, those little ~boops~ of "non-code", code? They're called "White Space Text Nodes" and they are literally separations of html behind the scenes being parsed and brought into the posts. That doesn't actually solve the issue of why the blocks of text within your posts has a white background BUT I'm still thinking it's something to do with tables.

@jaistlyn

1 minute ago, Fae said:

As an update, those little ~boops~ of "non-code", code? They're called "White Space Text Nodes" and they are literally separations of html behind the scenes being parsed and brought into the posts. That doesn't actually solve the issue of why the blocks of text within your posts has a white background BUT I'm still thinking it's something to do with tables.

@jaistlyn

Nah, pretty sure it's a quirk of Chrome's copy-paste. I've tested that before on other browsers too. That was before the site maintenance though, so you can't replicate it now. I know how to fix it in the code, it's just tedious to do so. Though less tedious than retyping those parts, haha.

2 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

Nah, pretty sure it's a quirk of Chrome's copy-paste. I've tested that before on other browsers too. That was before the site maintenance though, so you can't replicate it now. I know how to fix it in the code, it's just tedious to do so. Though less tedious than retyping those parts, haha.

Yep, just read that in our PM ~laughs~ But seriously, those text node things? They are ALL over Val. You have one hiding between "Moderate" and "Yh'mi" actually :P

Edited by Fae

I will say that light theme is going to go default soon and that the dark them hadn't been updated (since I saw those issues with light). So slim chance it's addressed by the update if not by the switch back in default themes. But if it isn't fixed by the update then it'll still be a phantasm that haunts you maybe  

20 hours ago, Metty said:

Carlos, hey I'm wondering, is there gonna be a update that allows you to clear your notifications?

Notifications should clear automatically. Try clearing your cookies and cache. If that doesn't work take screenshots and post a topic in the Help forum with the template I linked you to