Kalmuli

Weaver's Training Grounds: New Construction

Looking down at the delicate lotus in her hand, she felt better knowing that it had been the idea of both of them to make it. Priscilla smiled, returning a little kiss to his cheek. "Hehe...I'm glad you both are working together. You both may be able to teach me something."She said as she moved carefully to a kneeling position. Priscilla wanted to put it somewhere where it wouldn't break easily while they were studying. "I like flowers..."

She looked down to the lotus in her hand that captured little rainbows of light. "I grew up near the mountains so we didn't have many. It was all torn up for farm land and training grounds. I'll keep it close always."Priscilla would smile, giving him another little kiss. "I'm going to put it somewhere safe. I don't want to break it while we're in class."

Priscilla would wander back to her room, carefully cradling the lotus. She would have to find a safe place to store it. Something with enough cushion that it wouldn't break when they traveled back home by ship. She made a nest out of a sash, putting it in a drawer where it would be safe from cracking. 

Out in the study area, Addanon smirked. "I've had this in the bag before you were even able to use magic."He retorted. "Least I don't have to show off to someone. I know I'm good."

Kalmuli, who had been on stand-by, cleared her throat. "That's enough you two...if you're going to trash-talk each other, I'll pair you up for duels with me."She warned them. 

"Sorry, Master Kalmuli." Luis said, glaring daggers at his elven rival. The arrogant bastard refused to recognise his talent, and it upset him enough to want to wipe that smirk off his face.

We should not be angry, Luis...Anger is not a good thing to feel...

All I want is for him to say that I am just as good a wizard as he is, Luis thought as the fire of anger began to subside within. Smiling, he got up and told Kalmuli he was going for a walk. 

Luis...don't do it...

It'll be fine, he told Nietzche, making sure to wait for Priscilla to leave the area before proceeding to his and Adannons room. A quick jinx on the mattress, and he was back to the hallway, content as could be. 

They'll know it was you...

Maybe, but at least then Addanon gets his comeuppance for being such a jerk. The next time someone slept in that bed, they were going to take up three sizes too tall. 

Kalmuli eyed them both before going around to make her rounds to the other students to see if they needed help. Priscilla had finished tucking away her crystal lotus when she heard another door open in the hallway. When she stepped out, Luis was just making his way back down the hallway. "Oh Luis...sorry, I wanted to make sure it was safe."She said as she closed her bedroom door and joined him in the hallway. "Were you taking a break?"

Walking down the short length of the hallway with him, Priscilla took his hand. "You look awfully smug...Did you and Addanon fight again?"She asked in a whisper. 

"A little, but Master Kalmuli broke it up and I decided to take a walk to clear my head." Luis said with a smile. "In a way, it all feels silly to be fighting with him, right?"

You have to tell her...

No, and you won't either, or I'll ignore you for a week. 

The prospect of total silence didn't set well with Nietzche, so he retreated into Luis' subconscious, not wanting to be part of his schemes. 

Priscilla raised an eyebrow. "I guess...but I heard it's common for teenage boys to squabble."She said, turning back to look down the hallway. "Though, healthy competition is good. Just...don't let things get too carried away. If one of you gets really hurt, it'll be trouble."

Priscilla could sense that he was hiding something but she would let it slide. So long as it was harmless probing and jabbing, she supposed it would be fine. Back in the study area, she took her seat again and picked up a piece of parchment, folding it up to make a paper airplane she could practice with. 

Luis studied as well, though with less intensity as when he performed his demonstration. They continued that way until dinner, where they had a nice time talking and enjoying each other's company. All the while Nietzche was silent and Luis was excited to see his prank be sprung. 

Kalmuli would check everyone's homework assignment, excusing everyone after dinner to continue to mingle with each other. Addanon wasn't tired by the time night fell, choosing to sit up and read for a little while in their room at his desk until he was tired enough to go to sleep. Crawling into bed, he flopped down...but nothing happened. 

Throughout the night, Addanon slept soundly. The mattress didn't seem to do anything but stay the same.

In the morning, everyone gathered for breakfast though Priscilla seemed to be the one that didn't look like she slept well. She rubbed her eyes, yawning and sitting at  the breakfast table with her arms folded. Marianne shook her head beside her. "I'm telling you I didn't jinx your mattress...Why would I want to? I'd rather not hear you bitch about being tired."She said, Priscilla looking over sleepily. 

"Then who would do that? You're my roommate...and Tu'Rok doesn't even bother with anyone."Priscilla moped. 

Addanon sit across from them, enjoying a bit of breakfast tea as he listened to them. "Ask Luis...maybe he wanted you tired so you fail an assignment or so he could dote on you like he always does."He said with a roll of his eyes. The night before, Addanon knew that Luis must have done something...and transferred the jinx to Priscilla's mattress. 

"That's something YOU would do."Priscilla snipped at him. 

Luis arrived at the breakfast table and stopped, noticing how significantly taller Priscilla was, and how normal sized Addanon was. Shit, he thought to himself, figuring it must have been something his rival had done to get back at him. 

After sitting down he heard the comment about how it must have been him that did it. "No, I'd say it must have been you, Addanon. You've been after her all this time, and probably planned on consoling her while I was away at school. Yeah, sounds like you." 

Liar...

After taking his bread, Luis tried to make a bite, but found his hand had moved it out of his way, leaving him with nothing but air in his mouth. That's not funny, Nietzche.

Neither is Priscilla suffering because of your choices, Luis...

Priscilla's clothes fit too tight and too short, but she hadn't noticed the change until she stood up, realizing she was much taller than Luis. Her eyes were watery and red from little sleep. Addanon smirked. "You forget, I said I'd stop if she fixed her ears. She did. I haven't bothered her since..."He said, putting his tea cup down. "I'd say you jinxed her and are trying to frame me."

Priscilla groaned, her face hiding in her arms. "I don't care who did it...someone has to fix it."She whined.

Kalmuli came back from taking a bath at the natural spring, she saw Priscilla's change in height and felt the tension in the room. She sighed, approaching Priscilla and placing her hand on her head. Her palm would glow for a moment, then slowly the half elf started to shrink back to her normal size...and she didn't look thrilled. Kalmuli would set her bath kit hard on the table, looking at everyone with a disappointed glare. "I'm going to warn ALL of you...I do not tolerate pranks like this. If I find out who did it, it'll be a switch to the backside! I won't even bother assigning cleaning."She said, threatening the teens with a hard whack on the ass for the misbehavior. "You won't be able to sit down for half a week! You are so damn lucky that jinxes are reversible..."

Picking up her bath kit, Kalmuli huffed. "Luis. Addanon. If this is a prank war between you two, I'm going to punish both of you."She scolded before leaving. 

"Well that's a rather unpleasant thought." Luis said quietly, not wanting to have his rear end beaten raw. Giving Addanon a side glare before trying to comfort Priscilla. "Hey, you okay?"

I knew you shouldn't have done it...and now look where we are...

He was right, but Luis refused to see it that way. Addanon could have switched the jinx over to Luis' own bed, but instead chose to hurt Priscilla. A new fire was building in his spirit, one that wanted revenge against the one who hurt his love.

Oh dear...

He's done for. By the time this trip is done, I'll find a way to get him thrown out. 

Priscilla was still exhausted. She managed a tired smile. "I'm just really tired...Little beds and being made tall really isn't comfortable."She said as she rubbed at her face. Priscilla would lean over so her head was resting on his shoulder. "I think I might to lay down before classes start. I don't think I'd be in any shape to demonstrate let alone duel."

Addanon would finish his tea, getting up to pour himself more and pour Priscilla a cup as well, sliding it over to her. "It's not a bad idea...Drink some hot tea first and then go lie down."He said, being uncharacteristically nice though most likely, avoiding an ass so beat it turned into leather.  Priscilla did get caught in the middle of their bickering after all.

"Okay..."Priscilla said, not really fighting it but accepted the tea. Something warm in her stomach would help her fall asleep a little faster.

When she was done with her tea, Luis kissed her cheek and told her to get some rest. Once she was out of earshot, he let his frown return, staring daggers at Addanon. "So you get mad at me and decide to take it out on Priscilla, huh?" 

The anger was burning at him pretty bad, and he wanted to spread around the pain. "So are you just naturally a coward or were you honestly so incompetent at magic that you put the jinx on the wrong bed? I'm just trying to understand how someone makes such a stupid mistake like you did, and all I can come up with is that you enjoy picking on Priscilla, or you're just a shoddy wizard who should stick with children's parties instead of being in an actual Academy with real students?"

The heat was turning up in his psyche, and Nietzche was feeling it a lot more literally than than others might be. It's cloak was constantly catching on fire, and the heat was only getting more intense.

Addanon put his tea cup down, picking up his toast and munching on it while he listened to Luis rant. "Mad? No. Getting even? Yes. Why should I cater to your childish pranks? The only clown I see is the one that uses his magic for ill gain."He retorted. "At least I earned my place. I didn't have to have Mommy and Daddy to buy a teacher to teach you magic."

Addanon would finish his toast and wiped his mouth with a napkin. "The only reason I moved the spell was so that you know that your little pranks can backfire. The next time you try and cause a random growth spurt, make sure it's on a weaker mage."He responded, finishing his tea and getting up to put his dishes away. 

"So you are having a prank war."

Kalmuli's voice sounded from the hallway as she leaned, looking at the pair...this time with a switch in hand.