Kalmuli

Weaver's Training Grounds: New Construction

"You and your big damn mouth." Luis sighed in defeat, knowing how busted he was, and how mad Priscilla was going to be at him. He gulped, looking at the implement of his dairy airs destruction.

"I hate you so much." He said towards Addanon.

Just then, standing beside Luis was Nietzche, his colorful rainbow cloak standing out like a sore thumb. "I told you they would find out..."

Kalmuli looked to Nietzche, shaking her head. "You're both supposed to be working on that temper problem...but I'm going to make good on what I said."She said, gesturing for both of them to follow her. Even if they tried to escape the punishment, she'd catch them in no time flat. The older students were already grimacing in preparation for what they knew was coming to the boys. 

In the back room, she had them drop their drawers and quickly doled out the punishment, not holding back because of their age or species. Addanon didn't seem to be phased by it but he walked with a little bit of a limp and grabbed some ice from the cold box to ice the fifteen welts. They had gotten fifteen each for their age. Kalmuli seemed satisfied though that they wouldn't do it again, putting the switch away and going to get breakfast for herself as well. Marianne shook her head at the two. 

"That's what you get for acting like five year old clowns..."She huffed a them she worked on tying her curls back in ribbons at the table. 

Luis was having a harder time with the punishment than Addanon. As the son of a noble, physical punishment wasn't allowed for him, and so it would be carried out upon his whipping boy. Now though, there was no whipping boy to take the hit for him. Slowly he did his best to get out of the office, tears running down his face as he tried to keep from sniffling too much. 

He tried not to cry, but after the third whack he was in full sobs, feeling so weak and embarrassed in front of the ones who would have definitely taken it better than he did. Looking to his seat, he couldn't even stomach the thought of lowering himself onto the ground, choosing instead to stand. 

"Whatever." Luis said, desperate to keep the break in his voice from being too obvious. "I'm going to class." Taking his pack and his things, he wiped off the last remaining tears, his face red with equal parts anger and embarrassment. Nietzche walked with him, trying to offer some means of support or help in regards to future times of when his anger might get in the way, but he didn't want to listen right now.

Priscilla managed to get a little bit of sleep, having not heard the cries of pain from Addanon and Luis. However, when she woke up and headed to class, she could see Luis there looking red as a beet. Going to his side, Nietzche was trying to help him but it didn't seem to help. "Oh Luis...Oh what happened?"She asked.

Marianne came in to join them, sitting nearby. "Apparently Luis jinxed Addanon's bed but Addanon caught on and put the jinx on yours instead to get back at him. Then Master Kalmuli found out and she punished them both with the switch."She explained for Luis. 

"Oof, the switch...I'm sorry Luis, I know that really hurts. Is there anything I can do to help you feel better? Do you want some ice? I can make a pain ointment."Priscilla offered. 

"I'm fine." He said, moving away from her touch, feeling too ashamed. "It barely even hurt." 

"It was like fire was being whipped at us." Nietzche explained. "But I think his pride was hurt more than anything."

"Shut up, Nietzche." Luis warned. "It didn't hurt. You don't need to baby me." 

Priscilla frowned, moving her hands away and sitting off to the side. She listened to Nietzche explain how it felt. "You don't have to be embarrassed about it...I got hit by it too. I know it really hurts...but if you want to be left alone...I understand."She said, shifting so she was just sitting beside him. If he didn't want help dealing with something like this, she would respect it...but she felt a little defeated that she couldn't help him feel better.

Addanon would join them with Tu'Rok sitting between them at the request of Kalmuli. She would join them, working updating the board with the day's lessons.  Marianne leaned over to Luis, whispering a little harshly. "Taking care of you would make her feel better...unless you want her to coddle Addanon?"She prodded at him. "Better her hands on your ass than his."

He knew it was wrong to push her away, but he didn't know what else to do, honestly. It was hard to be so vulnerable, to even make sense of all this pain, but he didn't want to risk losing her, least of all to Addanon. Looking to Priscilla, he tried his best to apologize.

"I'm sorry, I just..." He sniffed, the memory coming back to him in full force. "It j-just..."

A hand was put on his shoulder, and Luis looked up to see Nietzche staring at him. "It's okay to cry, Luis. We won't judge you." 

Nietzche hugged him, wrapping his multicolored cloak around the boy as he cried, the sounds silenced by the magical nature of the cloth. He let it all out once again, his mind unloading all of the pain and torment he felt, all the while keeping his dignity through his strange new companion in the world. 

"I can let you in too, Priscilla...I can keep notes while you are helping him...he needs it..." Nietzche whispered.

Priscilla was surprised to see Nietzche coming out so freely and no one else seemed to mind his presence. She listened to him cry, pouting and slipping under the rainbow cloak. She would bring his head to her chest, holding him while he cried. Luis probably never had to experience that kind of pain but that was the truth about the Academy. It wasn't easy and abusing magic wasn't allowed.  Kalmuli was merciful in some regards but brutal in others.

Under the cloak was nice and cool, Priscilla gently running her fingers through Luis' hair while he cried. "You can cry around me...Nietzche too. You don't have to bottle it up."She soothingly told him. Outside the cloak, she could sort of hear the sounds of the lessons starting. "We're in this together...I'd kiss your ass to make it feel better but I think ice would do a lot more."

Nodding, Luis was able to get himself together, using Priscillas help to conjure up some ice to soothe his welts. If his father ever knew, he would have Kalmulis head, or maybe she would just kill him for trying that. In this world, the mighty make the rules, at least that's what his father taught him. 

They exited the cloak together, finding Nietzche already making comprehensive notes, it's hand a flurry of motion as it seamlessly wrote, dipped in the inkwell and gave full attention to what was being said. As confusing as that was, Luis knew it was more important to get started as well, and so he took a deep breath, winced from the pain of sitting, and proceeded to take his own notes.

Kalmuli continued teaching while Nietzche took notes and Priscilla crawled out behind Luis to work on her own studies. She stopped a moment to give the third member of their relationship a little kiss to thank him before he disappeared. Priscilla hunkered down to catch up. The lessons were focused on primarily going over the elements in more depth starting from the more advance ones that they would have difficulties trying for now. 

At the end of the lesson, everyone was dismissed for lunch and Priscilla pulled Luis back to his room so she could take a look at the welts and apply an ointment. Addanon also came back to his room to lay on his stomach for a while with an ice pack on his rear. "Ugh...she usually holds back but she was pretty pissed this time."He griped.

"Master Kalmuli is a stickler for safety...There have been a lot of bad accidents because students were careless. Though you won't ever forget to behave yourselves again. Save the pranks when we're graduated."Priscilla scolded both of them as she rubbed the cold ointment on one of Luis' welts.

"Yeah, I'm pretty ready to" He hissed at the pain of the ointment being applied "Never pull a prank again." 

Nietzche had appeared again in the room, cloak spread out to give the two privacy while Addanon was in the room. "You could squash this rivalry by telling Luis he is worthy of being a wizard..."

Luis groaned, not from the ointment, but from what Nietzche was saying. "My thoughts are private, you know."

"His father never validated his choice to become mage, not in a way he actually believes...so if you validated him, he could take solace at least that his peers believe he is worthy of achieving his goals."

"That's it, I'm just not going to talk to you for two weeks now, Nietzche, how about that?" The Cloaked Figure sighed, accepting the punishment, if it meant mending a toxic relationship. 

Priscilla sighed, sitting back on the chair and using the same ice spell to cool the welts on Luis' rear. She rubbed her temples a little, her ears rotating with the movements. "You both are really great mages...even if you won't say it to each other."She said, acting as a mediator. "Luis you're really great at understanding complex formulas...and Addanon, you've got great instincts when it comes to tackling spells in succession and counter spells."

Priscilla would look to Luis. "It's okay to be proud of what you can do...but it's not if you're willing to hurt each other over it."She would look to Addanon who had a look of adoration for her. Probably not the best look, but coming from girl who was also his rival, it made him feel a little bit more respect for her.  "Especially not over me...If anything, I'm better than both of you. You have to beat me first."

Alright, respect lost. 

"Teacher's pet."

"Man whore."

"How am I a man whore?"

"You chase after any girl that gives you attention like a lost puppy. I know Marianne fawns over you and some girls in our class."Priscilla pointed out. At this point they were just arguing more like siblings. 

"Jealous?"Addanon smirked though it was quickly wiped off his face when Priscilla gave him a hard whack on the rear right on the welts. 

"Hardly."Priscilla huffed, sitting back down again. "Just shut up, lie down and ice your butts."