Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Voting has reset for the month of September. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

  • Announcements

    • supernal

      Vote for Valucre [September]   09/01/2017

      Voting for the month of September is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
Shlimazel

Issues with the Editor

Recommended Posts

@supernal @desolate

 

Since the new update I've been having an issue with the editor, the only reason It not being mentioned earlier because I wanted to make sure I removed as many conflicts as I could.
 

The issue at hand goes as such:

  1. I grab text from another tab, window, or program, via the copy function. 
  2. I paste the text into the editor
  3. I go to change something about the text just pasted (Font size, font style, changing a word or adding a space or break)
  4. The text either deletes the first portion (It's varied everytime) OR it shifts that same varied passage of text somewhere into the middle of the text.

Now, I've tried to screen cap the issue a few times but can't seem to get the before and after shots before it just fixes itself... Which is great that it happens to fix itself but it's happened often enough it's not something I'm willing to put up with without you guys knowing about it.

I'm working on a very lengthy portion of editing and have had it happen to me at least 3 times in the last 30 minutes, so I'm hoping (bitterly) that it doesn't just stop for the day so I can catch in the act for you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Addendum:

Went to go back to the page to continue working and the editor closed on me, saving whatever I had going on at the time.

29560f50f8.png

The "Quote this" prompt wouldn't fade, even if I went to go scroll over something else and you can see the multi-quote/quote/edit/options buttons acting like a knockered bunch of college frat boys.

Going to keep working at it, maybe shifting over to chrome for a bit to see if that solves anything.

 

Oh right and I'm using Windows 7, Firefox, not add-on free but everything that would affect the page via script was disabled. (Shut down Firefox, made sure the process itself was terminated and the opened it back up fresh to solidify that notion)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

463f910ade.png

Last update from me for now, I'm just taking a step away until I cool off. The avatar circle floating was over the face of the text (You can kinda see it in the capture above. Refreshing the page seemed to have cleared the visual glitches I was getting, shooting for a cache clear on-top of things to see if that solves any of the issues... But yeah. last bit for a few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are copying your own content from elsewhere on the site, I think it helps to hit 'edit' on the post you are copying and copy the meat of it out that way... better for keeping the formatting what you want.

Copying from anywhere else or by any other method I personally prefer to use the handy 'clear all formatting' option when I paste things in, and start fresh on the formatting. There are just too many nuances of formatting that are not quite compatible with the specific options given in the text editor, and the discrepancies bother me...

Does your problem still happen when you've used the clear all formatting button first? That might be an interesting troubleshooting option.

Also this is neither here nor there but speaking of copy pasting, make sure you reset any pasted text's colour to "auto" (unless you need something in red or blue). "auto" is the only colour that shows up as black (dark grey) on the light theme and white on the dark theme. Often when you paste text in it'll set the colour to dark grey/black and then the dark theme users won't be able to read it easily.

Edited by Song Sprite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Song Sprite said:

If you are copying your own content from elsewhere on the site, I think it helps to hit 'edit' on the post you are copying and copy the meat of it out that way... better for keeping the formatting what you want.

Copying from anywhere else or by any other method I personally prefer to use the handy 'clear all formatting' option when I paste things in, and start fresh on the formatting. There are just too many nuances of formatting that are not quite compatible with the specific options given in the text editor, and the discrepancies bother me...

Does your problem still happen when you've used the clear all formatting button first? That might be an interesting troubleshooting option.

Also this is neither here nor there but speaking of copy pasting, make sure you reset any pasted text's colour to "auto" (unless you need something in red or blue). "auto" is the only colour that shows up as black (dark grey) on the light theme and white on the dark theme. Often when you paste text in it'll set the colour to dark grey/black and then the dark theme users won't be able to read it easily.

 

It does still happen when I clear formatting, actually. It's only recently popped up as an issue (Post theme update) so... I'm fairly confident it's not me (This time >~<)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the screen caps.

4909bb1de8.png

be094a57df.png

4b6114acc4.png

 

Focusing on the Verdant Expanse lines. The moment I change the font (in this example) is when things completely fucker up.

Clicking away and highlighting again still leads to the same problem. Deleting the line, trying to copy and paste from elsewhere to clear the metadata still leads to the same buggered behaviour.

I've cleared the cache and even went so far as restarting my computer as well... I'm at the point of irritation that I'm done with Valucre for today. I'll get back to this... Not soon. I'm just done with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking back in on this @supernal @desolate

I'm not certain the exact number of lines, but this is affecting anything with significantly larger sections of text.
This is also currently affecting most everything that I'm doing here on Valucre at the moment, so if you've seen this I'd at least appreciate some sort of acknowledgement of that.

It would certainly help keep me sane during this extremely frustrating ordeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fae said:

Checking back in on this @supernal @desolate

I'm not certain the exact number of lines, but this is affecting anything with significantly larger sections of text.
This is also currently affecting most everything that I'm doing here on Valucre at the moment, so if you've seen this I'd at least appreciate some sort of acknowledgement of that.

It would certainly help keep me sane during this extremely frustrating ordeal.

This is me, acknowledging! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fae said:

Checking back in on this @supernal @desolate

I'm not certain the exact number of lines, but this is affecting anything with significantly larger sections of text.
This is also currently affecting most everything that I'm doing here on Valucre at the moment, so if you've seen this I'd at least appreciate some sort of acknowledgement of that.

It would certainly help keep me sane during this extremely frustrating ordeal.

Oh, in the meantime, try doing this in Simple. Light and Dark are premium themes purchased through a vendor. Simple is the default theme that comes with the software. Not only will that hopefully let you do what you gotta do meanwhile the themes get troubleshot or updated to the newest core version, if the issue persists regardless we may have something bigger on our hands and would call on the softare devs to poke around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple theme didn't fix this for me... (I thought it did but... Nope.) I'm going to try a fresh install of all my browser software at this point because... Yeah. I was so sure that things were going well. This is the second time that I've written this btw, so... Apologies for the salt.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

b9eaa5af69.png

Tried to post a quick follow-up showing more malarkey even in Simple (Editor posted the thing but then kept the post in the editor after it was posted.) Turns out that me following up didn't want to post either ~Laughs~ As the picture and lost follow-up says and such.

Thanks, Valcure team in advance. I really do appreciate you, folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fae said:

I'm going to be working in a freshly installed portable instance of Firefox here for the next few hours.

I'll screen cap as needed and share my findings.

If the issue persists I'd like to set up a screen sharing thing to see what's up in real time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, supernal said:

If the issue persists I'd like to set up a screen sharing thing to see what's up in real time 

So far, the portable instance is acting fine. However, every mention of that has lead to me being wrong so... I'm going to give it a few days time. I've also been avoiding paragraph heavy writing because I don't want to lose large chunks of work, randomly.

You'll know more as I do, though.

Thanks again, Carlos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×