Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Voting has reset for the month of October. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Akiris

Let's talk about Thread Invasion

Just now, supernal said:

Going to have to agree with you there, at least for the people that like orchestrating and managing large scale wars at any rate. From what you've said sounds like that's exactly what Rin is doing in Athentha and it's working! 

My character is making bigger plans as we speak and I can have a talk with her and coordinate something with staff in the future. I left a message on Prae's wall deal, but you already know my personality. 

I have no problem with conflict.

Seeing it evolve into a bigger storm IC would be fascinating.

Well If you guys ever need someone to play a overarching Evil family.. I would happy to take on that role. I mostly play characters who actions tie in together.. Right now two of mine are interacting with other people and for different reasons. One of them is interacting with rin right now.. The other is off doing two things :D. but in general..  I have no problem with conflict... I prefer conflict over Romance in most instances..

I also have experience playing the evil role in Role plays.. Either it be a Duke.. Or a leader of the underworld.. I always play the person that everyone hates or talks about. So if the Site admins needs a Evil family funding different things.. Than again I will be more than willing to take on that role to spice things up etc.

I have ideas of my own as well.. Masquerade parties... Funding mercs... Etc..You know the evil family type of things :D

Maybe what would help is to have threads on each board that is open for all and sticked.. So that new players can pop in and start a convo etc..

26 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

Well If you guys ever need someone to play a overarching Evil family.. I would happy to take on that role. I mostly play characters who actions tie in together.. Right now two of mine are interacting with other people and for different reasons. One of them is interacting with rin right now.. The other is off doing two things :D. but in general..  I have no problem with conflict... I prefer conflict over Romance in most instances..

I also have experience playing the evil role in Role plays.. Either it be a Duke.. Or a leader of the underworld.. I always play the person that everyone hates or talks about. So if the Site admins needs a Evil family funding different things.. Than again I will be more than willing to take on that role to spice things up etc.

I have ideas of my own as well.. Masquerade parties... Funding mercs... Etc..You know the evil family type of things :D

Maybe what would help is to have threads on each board that is open for all and sticked.. So that new players can pop in and start a convo etc..

Not to burst your bubble, but we've had a bajillion masquerade parties already. If you can think of something more unique than a wedding Masquerade, or an attention seeking masquerade for a main character, then I'm game.

I've been waiting for someone else to come up with interesting ideas, so maybe you're the new guy to go to. Seriously, if you do one, don't let it revolve around *your* character specifically. It's been done so many times, people end up leaving the threads in pure boredom. If you want something interesting, maybe open up a thread where you can find other players who also enjoy Masquerade Rp's and Funding Mercs. 

The reason why Masquerades are usually boring, is because it tends to revolve around giving the main character a gift (Wedding, birthday party, etc), or it involves the main character being focused on and everyone else is pushed into the background...

It doesn't make for a very fun Rp. If you like, we can discuss a fun and engaging Masquerade RP that can include EVERYONE and not have it revolve around a solitary character. It would also encourage more people to join.

I play evil character's as well, so maybe we'll run into each other. I see you playing in Rin's area. It's a high possibility we'll see each other eventually.

Well, I'm thinking that if I can get some other boards involved without the nonsensical fighting that comes with this sort of thing I can actually get it going. Deviant made a good point. 

But yeah I'm glad people like my idea of me attacking my own board as a storyline for many of my characters besides Rin. 

Also my phone is fighting me so took me a while to see this. 

1 minute ago, Deviant said:

Not to burst your bubble, but we've had a bajillion masquerade parties already. If you can think of something more unique than a wedding Masquerade, or an attention seeking masquerade for a main character, then I'm game.

I've been waiting for someone else to come up with interesting ideas, so maybe you're the new guy to go to. Seriously, if you do one, don't let it revolve around *your* character specifically. It's been done so many times, people end up leaving the threads in pure boredom. If you want something interesting, maybe open up a thread where you can find other players who also enjoy Masquerade Rp's and Funding Mercs. 

The reason why Masquerades are usually boring, is because it tends to revolve around giving the main character a gift (Wedding, birthday party, etc), or it involves the main character being focused on and everyone else is pushed into the background...

It doesn't make for a very fun Rp. If you like, we can discuss a fun and engaging Masquerade RP that can include EVERYONE and not have it revolve around a solitary character. It would also encourage more people to join.

I play evil character's as well, so maybe we'll run into each other. I see you playing in Rin's area. It's a high possibility we'll see each other eventually.

Yes I can think of something very unique for a masquerade party, Something along the lines of terrorizing the guests and making there worst fears come to life. Something along those lines and within reason of course. Almost like the party was more of sending a message than anything else.. That House silverbow.. Is here to stay etc. Since normally this would be fairly boring you are right.. But this is somewhat unique.. As it is meant to showcase there power more than anything else.

Out of Curiosity..When was the last time someone challenged the thrones of the Kingdoms etc ?. That could make for some good RP as well.. A Challenger to the throne.. A family bent on taking a throne for themselves by any means.

1 hour ago, TheShadow said:

Yes I can think of something very unique for a masquerade party, Something along the lines of terrorizing the guests and making there worst fears come to life. Something along those lines and within reason of course. Almost like the party was more of sending a message than anything else.. That House silverbow.. Is here to stay etc. Since normally this would be fairly boring you are right.. But this is somewhat unique.. As it is meant to showcase there power more than anything else.

Out of Curiosity..When was the last time someone challenged the thrones of the Kingdoms etc ?. That could make for some good RP as well.. A Challenger to the throne.. A family bent on taking a throne for themselves by any means.

People are very attached to their thrones and characters. It's very difficult to create OOC war, but I support anything in Athentha, it's just a SHAME it isn't done more in places like Terrenus, Genesaris and other boards I can't think of at the moment.

If you do that Masquerade, contact me. It's something my character would be interested in.

@MrDoubleSunday 

No, there hasn't been any attempt at that. It gets shut down, because people tend to cling to their character's and places, while forgetting this is an RP (Roleplay) site. The over attachment to places and characters is astounding, which is WHY you mostly see people doing romance, or expecting people to just agree to letting them become their Lord - GAG - how BORRRING

^^ This was an Rp I was sadly forced to respond in. There was no way I felt any threat from the "villain,". 

I plan on my character becoming a villain that actually creates chaos/havoc. I think the site needs more bad guys that don't just expect others to bend to their demands...I think that takes away conflict and interesting story lines. 

If you guys want to plan anything, contact me. 

It's incredibly refreshing seeing some open-minded people in regards to wars, conflicts, etc.

1 hour ago, TheShadow said:

Those masquerade parties and festivals and such tend to be pretty successful as far as events go actually. There have been a few of them but there's also been a few large scale conflicts and combat oriented threads and explosions. Think about it less in terms of trying to do something entirely unique, which is difficult to do in a setting over a decade old, and more about things that would be fun for you to write. Your direct engagement in a thing is going to ensure its longevity and making it fun for others to engage 

1 hour ago, MrDoubleSunday said:

Shadow has a point. I haven't seen too many actions involving royalty. I also haven't seen any actual wars between boards. Which is disappointing!

There's a boat load of royal intrigue in genesaris and in elendaron I think. In terms of warfare I see lots of people that are eager to destroy stuff and less so that are eager to make stuff, so much so I had to put a stop to "explosions" in Terrenus since that was a lot of people's sort of "go to" for a mechanism to introduce conflict. 

I think deviant is working on an area and it sounds like it's going to be encouraging a lot in the way of conflict. I'm going to be looking forward to seeing how that pans out for sure. Rin setting up storylines to attack her own board is something I've seen similar to how Yh'mi as a setting attacks the players and Taen is making moves against ursa madeum too. 

At the end of the day if you don't find something that caters to your specific tastes of what's fun or what isn't then you'll always have a chance to create it yourself! That's the beauty of it to me. I personally find large scale combat to be a bit hum drum but for those who don't the opportunities are ample to join in or make your own 

I think balance is key when creating conflict IC and knowing your roles. It makes sense to become frustrated, if people are just exploding shit everywhere and not rebuilding, or lacking the desire IC to save, or rebuild anything. Then it just becomes a bunch of assholes throwing bombs everywhere, or acting like they're Final Fantasy character's with huge powerful epic swords. That can become painfully boring as well. The point of the conflict would be to fight for what your character holds dear to them, or however you want to label it.

That type of frustration I can understand.

Edited by Deviant

I agree with you both but my mind isn't working so I'm unsure on how to properly phrase it. I think I want to say it as

War is fun, in my honest opinon, but war also helps set up RPs for the devastating results of it. Smiths are forced to make weapons to supply armies, farmers are forced to give away their hard worked food to also supply armies. The rich eat while the poor starve. There's chaos on the streets as people who can barely scrape by lose all of their earnings and are forced to steal. Blah blah blah.

But the cool shit is seeing peoples characters (Not the super asshole ones) react to it. Or, even better, the army ones. Kids are orphaned, buildings are destroyed, and they have to acknowledge that while they may not have been the cause, *they are fighting for what did.* It's indirectly their faults as kids and their parents die, people starve, and their own kingdom falls into chaos.

If I had a chance to create my own board on this website.. I would create one that is all about power struggles and intrigue. Families fight for control over every single thing. Families also make alliances and pacts in hopes they will get ahead. It is Organized chaos.. think Dark elves in terms of families fighting each other for power and status.  Of course that is weaved into the overarching goal of the family to take over a Kingdom. That is what house Silverbow wants to do.. Wants to achieve and its going to be fun seeing them work there way up the ladder so to speak.

My only problem is that the Kingdom i started in.. barony are all taken  now i am not sure if that is up to date or not.. But currently it is ( Terrenus ). But regardless I have set up a Rp now where i am helping rebuild a town etc. My Idea way to look at every action my characters do is for a overreaching goal. A goal that hopefully will allow me to create alliances and enemies and see where it takes me. But maybe i am the only one that looks at it that way.. I am not sure its just how i look at things.

I  look forward to conflicts and wars.. And events hosted by site admins.. 

Also I agree with you @MrDoubleSunday

The best part for me when Roleplaying on a site like this..is seeing when others talk about your characters and what they done. Best feeling a Role player could have is when they are mentioned by someone else.. At least in my opinion 

Edited by TheShadow

12 minutes ago, MrDoubleSunday said:

I agree with you both but my mind isn't working so I'm unsure on how to properly phrase it. I think I want to say it as

War is fun, in my honest opinon, but war also helps set up RPs for the devastating results of it. Smiths are forced to make weapons to supply armies, farmers are forced to give away their hard worked food to also supply armies. The rich eat while the poor starve. There's chaos on the streets as people who can barely scrape by lose all of their earnings and are forced to steal. Blah blah blah.

But the cool shit is seeing peoples characters (Not the super asshole ones) react to it. Or, even better, the army ones. Kids are orphaned, buildings are destroyed, and they have to acknowledge that while they may not have been the cause, *they are fighting for what did.* It's indirectly their faults as kids and their parents die, people starve, and their own kingdom falls into chaos.

I absolutely agree. I think the main takeaway for me is that some people like first person shooters. Others like minecraft. Others puzzle games. Others real time strategy games. It's less about which type of game is better than the other and more about which type of game YOU want to play 

5 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

If I had a chance to create my own board on this website.. I would create one that is all about power struggles and intrigue. Families fight for control over every single thing. Families also make alliances and pacts in hopes they will get ahead. It is Organized chaos.. think Dark elves in terms of families fighting each other for power and status.  Of course that is weaved into the overarching goal of the family to take over a Kingdom. That is what house Silverbow wants to do.. Wants to achieve and its going to be fun seeing them work there way up the ladder so to speak.

My only problem is that the Kingdom i started in.. barony are all taken  now i am not sure if that is up to date or not.. But currently it is ( Terrenus ). But regardless I have set up a Rp now where i am helping rebuild a town etc. My Idea way to look at every action my characters do is for a overreaching goal. A goal that hopefully will allow me to create alliances and enemies and see where it takes me. But maybe i am the only one that looks at it that way.. I am not sure its just how i look at things.

I  look forward to conflicts and wars.. And events hosted by site admins.. 

You don't need a board to do that. In fact areas in Terrenus such as Tazarek and predator's keep started as Towns, which are still available, and grew to baronies through IC effort. They didn't have boards to start with and were never guaranteed one, just info threads, but through diligent effort at generating and organizing activity, eventually earned one. That potential is still there. If the site doesn't tickle a particular fancy the way is usually open for you to introduce that fancy to the site. I never had an interest in masquerade parties for example but others did so they threw them and many others joined and participated. The same can easily happen with your ideas 

Edited by supernal

3 minutes ago, supernal said:

You don't need a board to do that. In fact areas in Terrenus such as Tazarek and predator's keep started as Towns, which are still available, and grew to baronies through IC effort. They didn't have boards to start with and were never guaranteed one, just info threads, but through diligent effort at generating and organizing activity, eventually earned one. 

This is very cool. 

I actually sent you a private message asking about this very topic, and I'm really glad this is a site where you allow dedication and plot-creation to influence the world. That's really exciting.

2 minutes ago, MrDoubleSunday said:

How do you set up towns and what not?

I don't want to totally derail the thread here but, if you mean in Terrenus, you can start here and send me a PM with what you want and your idea for it. We'll take it from there: 

the process is likely to differ in other areas but sending a PM to the board leader is usually a good start