Ataraxy

T1 Beta rule Tributes wanted- LoB

5bu17Yn.jpg

|| A Beginner's Guide ||

Spoiler

WIP

|| Gameplay: How to NGT1 || [Beta Rules for R3]

• Other than a few core gameplay changes, Next Gen T1 has many similarities to the NAT tournament and Valucre's default gameplay style. That being said, the LoB will be moving more toward move based decision making and explicit forethought. 
    • Yes, I'm calling it Next Generation T1. No, I don't care if you think giving it a different name is redundant. Deal with it.
  • Firstly, LoB will maintain its status as a turn-based game. Both players take turns moving their character in a manner which they see is best fit to respond to how their opponent acted. However, turns are separated into 4 different turn-types. At the end of each turn, the turn-type needs to be stated prior to the <e> sign. Ex. TT: Attack <e>
    • 1. Attack
    • 2. Defend
    • 3. Prep
    • 4. Interrupt

Note: Yes, preps are something to be considered. No, they are still not the end all answer. I still stand by the idea that a well used 2 prepped attack can defeat a 3 prepped defense if used well. The separation of prep usage is in order to keep everyone honest about their intentions and not claim that their preps belonged to something it originally didn't because things didn't go as planned. 

1. Turn-Type: Attack
    1. This turn is fairly self-explanatory. In an attack turn, your character attacks their opponent. The term *Attack* refers to all attacks 1 prep or above. Quickdraws are not counted as *Attacks* and thus can be done in any of the 5 turn-types. An attack does not have to use all of your preps. If you've prepped two separate attacks, you theoretically could have to 2 attack turns back-to-back, though I wouldn't recommend always trying that. If your opponent attacks, you may attack back in retaliation. Ex: Player one TT: Attack. Then Player 2 immediately follows the attack turn with their own attack turn. However, this means that no preps can be used to block your opponents attack that you're retaliating against. While sometimes the best defense is a good offense, do not rely on quickdraw dodges to void your opponent's attack. That will almost never go in your favor. An attack should be something inherently is used to do damage.
    2. An attack turn also incorporates such actions as physical buffers. What this means is that if you've spent preps on covering your character with some sort of physical enhancer, let's say a suit of armor made from rocks, if you quickdraw a punch backed with the power enhancement of the buff then that counts an attack. In the same hand, a prep like a physical buff by rock armor can also be used in a defensive manner as it can also be a damage reducer. 
    3. Certain types of attacks may use all preps or part of the preps. Other attacks are required to use all of the preps.
      1. What this means is that my example earlier of the buffing abilities. Someone who has some sort of physical buff may determine that they only want to expend 1 of their 2 physical buff preps on their punch. In the same string, a fireball with two preps can be split into two fireballs, each with a single prep. This, however, can not be determined after your opponent reacts. It should be noted at the bottom of your post.
        1. Ex: TT: Attack- 1 prep <e>
        2. If you're using all your preps, there's no need to note it.
        3. If you're caught editing your prep usage after the <e> is posted without talking it over with your opponent, you will be DQed and removed from the LoB. 
  2. Turn-Type: Defend
    1. Again, I don't think that there will be much misunderstanding for this turn-type. You will defend your character in any manor that you know how. A defense is a turn where you utilize preps in order to defend your character. During a defense turn, no preps may be put toward an attack. However, if the defense has a mechanic that may cause damage, that is acceptable. Ex: you set up a spiked wall to block your opponents charge and the get stabbed by a spike on the wall. A defense should be something that is inherently used to block damage. 
  3. Turn-Type: Prep
    1. A prep turn is where it gets slightly more complicated, if only because I will be more specific on what a prep is in the LoB. Firstly, there are four types of preps: Offensive, Defensive, Stasis, and Holding. A prep turn should really never be just "charging." Keep moving, use quickdraws. Just because you're not using a prepped attack doesn't mean you can't apply pressure.
      1. Offensive Prep: A prep that is combined with a quickdraw.
        1. Ex: shoot three fireballs, each during their own prep turn. Have them combine into a fireball with three pres during an attack turn. 
      2. Defensive Prep: A prep that is also combined with a quickdraw. However, in this case the prep will be used in a manner more akin to defending your character. 
        1. Ex: An earth bender quickdrawing rocks and dirt to cover his body to create a "rock body." You can quickdraw more and more rocks to your body and count that as preps.
      3. Stasis Prep: These are the weakest kind of preps. Your classic "power stacking" maneuver. 
        1. Ex: Stand in place and charge energy. Goku's kamehameha or spirit bomb is a good example. 
      4. Holding Prep: These kind of preps are only to be added on after that action is finished. In other words, this is how you keep an attack or defense around beyond it's one usage. 
        1. Ex: My character has a rock armor powered by three preps. I try to punch your character using 2 preps. I could use two prep turns getting back those two preps.
        2. Ex: My character has three fireballs, each with one prep. I use one fireball. I can spend a prep turn recreating said fireball to get back the possibility of a combined 3 prep attack. 
  4. Turn-Type: Interrupt

Spoiler

1. Now, this is the trickiest area. Not the rules, but coming up with rules about them. Historically, in my experience anyways, interrupts can either be used well, used awfully, or not used at all. What makes a good interrupt? What makes it bad? Should they even be allowed? To explain my thought process, I begin with the latter question. Despite odd experiences I've had with interrupts, I do think that they are a must have in free-form fighting. If your character takes 4 hours in a single post, of course my character will interrupt their actions. No character will wait around picking their nose while your character cures cancer, destroys a civilization, and manages to launch 50 quickdraw attacks and a prepped attack at you. Chances are, your character will react to the opponent's character's initial action. 
    1. Player A shoots four fireballs at Player B, then quickly retreats 10 meters. Sits down. Charges his chakra. Gets back up in a fighting stance.
      1. Player B's character begins their actions from the moment that Player B shoots those fireballs. There is a high chances that they will interrupt Player A's action of charging chakra, since the character is sitting and immobile. 
      2. The more actions your character makes, the more likely and acceptable an interrupt is.
  2. So, onto the next question. What makes an interrupt good? In my experience, a good interrupt is one that's logically sound. As I stated above, large and complex actions are probably going to be interrupted because of the perceived time it takes to complete all those actions. 
  3. What makes an interrupt bad? Lol, so many things. 
    1. Misinterpretation of opponent's post, which leads to each player viewing the field differently. When this happens, it generally leads into the second thing that makes interrupts bad;
    2. Interrupt chains. When players begin to interrupt interrupts down to a .0001 second play by play, the whole thing just goes to shit because the fight gets extremely confrontational. Usually interrupt chains become a "That's stupid, fuck you" cycle until a judge is called.
    3. Over-usage. Not necessarily against any rules, but it disrupts the flow of the fight and is probably going to piss of your opponent. I can't really solve this without putting a hard number on possible interrupts per fight (which I won't do), but I would suggest trying to go with the flow sometimes. If a judge is called and they see that you've been spamming interrupts even though your opponent isn't exaggerating with their actions, that will be at your disadvantage. 

The question then is, what should be done? 

• First off, I think that this turn-based t1 style will stop most interrupt chains. It's just a feeling at the moment, but we'll see.
  • In the spirit of T1, I'm going to refuse to put any caps or limitations on uses for interrupts. HOWEVER, and this is a big however, down below is a list of expectations for any interrupt that is done. If a judge is called on the interrupt and they decide it doesn't follow the requirements that your type of interrupt calls for, your interrupt post will be instantly voided and your opponent's attack will go through as if you didn't defend at all. While I understand that some of you may find these expectations to be subjective and don't like that, I don't care. The worry about that subjectivity is what I'm counting on to keep interrupts at a minimum.

EXPECTATIONS OF AN INTERRUPT: The wall of text in the spoiler is fairly convoluted. But the general premise is that you cannot interrupt an interrupt by reacting to an attack that has not yet happened. For example, Jimmy swings his sword at john's head. John interrupts the swing by raising his shield to intercept the sword swing. Jimmy cannot then interrupt that interrupt by deciding his character never swung his sword because there was a twitch in John's shield holding arm and he somehow foresaw the shield block. At the point of John's interrupt, the sword and the shield will clash. Nothing should stop that.

So if you go "Jim swings his sword" and I go "John blocks it with his shield" you can't be like "oh, well, if John is going to block with his shield, I don't swing my sword."

Spoiler

• Logically sound
  • No stupid half second play by plays. 
  • If interrupting because opponent forgot or didn't block an attack, player must restate forgotten attack in post and why it goes through regardless of opponent's action(s)
  • If interrupting because opponent made to many actions, player must define exactly when the interrupt happens in accordance with the opponent's movements.
  • After having their actions interrupted, a player cannot say that their character would change actions leading up to when they got attacked.
    • Ex: My character shoot fireballs, sits down, meditates, gets back up, is ready to fight.
    • Opponent interrupts as I'm sitting down.
    • I cannot claim that I saw him approaching and thus never went to sit down. Uh-uh. It's not their fault that you overloaded actions. 
    • What I can do is react from where I'm being interrupted. If my opponent launches a bolt of lightning at my while I'm sitting down, I can react from there. 
      • MY reaction to the interrupt starts at the beginning of my opponent's offensive actions. This means that while he dodges my fireballs, I cannot interrupt. There are two times when a counter-interrupt can be initiated.
        • 1. When an explicitly offensive attack is performed with fatal possibility. If I sit and my opponent shoots lightning at me, I can react from the moment that the lightning leaves their fingers.
        • 2. When the point of his interrupt is reached. He charges at me and attempts to swing a sword at me as my character crouches down to sit, I can react from the moment where my character's life would be threatened or in danger. The simple charge is not allowed to be interrupted.
  • NOTE: These rules are subject to change. I will not change them without explicitly noting the change. 
  • I covered as much as I could think of with this, but obviously some interrupts will be unique in that my rules don't really cover the situation. In that case it'll be up to the judge that is inevitable called to transfer the core reasoning of my rules into that specific case.

Tl:dr- Don't fucking interrupt like an asshole. Do it in an intelligent way, if at all.

|| League Guidelines ||

• Must have a discord account. This is a chat T1 tournament.
  • Like the NAT, this tournament will be timed. However, rather than 75 minutes, I'm going to raise it a little to 90 minutes per player. My experience in NAT showed that an extra thirty minutes could be a real game changer.
  • The timer starts once the first post is posted. 
  • Using an online Chess Timer is the suggested way to keep track of the time limit.
  • Once the time limit is reached, the fight ends. I felt that people kept going after the time limit was reached in NAT because they didn't want to be seen as assholes. I want to see how it works out if you have to stop once the limit is reached.
  • Make sure to compare clocks every couple turns. If there is an issue with the clocks, pause the time and calculate times based off of the time stamps. 
  • When you've finished with your post, make sure to end it with <e> so that your opponent knows that you've ended your turn.
  • Don't try to win by time out. That's lame. Try to win by actually winning.
  • Players find a time to fight among themselves. If no fight happens within the allotted time: 
    • The player that attempted to fight will get the win.
    • If neither side tried to fight, they both get a loss.
    • If both sides tried to fight, but couldn't match a time, the fight is a draw. 
  • Follow Mild Powers- By this I basically mean the Chosen Ruleset, though later on I'll expand on what I mean by Mild Powers. The MP rules we'll be following for this tournament may seem slightly different than the Valucre default.
  • Be respectful. If you don't want to T1, don't join a T1 tournament.
  • It's a round robin kind of tournament and not an elimination. Like Ran did with NAT, I'll make it more or less elo based if there are clear differences. That way someone experience at T1 isn't just picking off people who are trying it out for the first time.
  • You can pass on a match if you feel like you're too busy
  • All match scores will be recorded like this 
    • Win-Loss-Draw-Pass
  • As a precautionary rule, I'm setting the absolute minimum word count at 100 words. 

|| League Format, Ranks, and Points ||

• This will be the main way in which my tournament differs from Ran's NAT. In essence, this won't be so much of a tournament as it is a league. 
  • Everyone begins at +5 points, putting them right smack in the middle of Silver.
    • LoB will follow a point system based off of wins, losses and ties. 
      • Win= +1 point
      • Loss= -1 point
      • Draw= +0 points
      • Pass= -0.5 points (Does not subtract any more points after you hit 0).
      • If you pause your League membership/ leave the league, your points will freeze where they are. You cannot freeze for less than 1 month. After one month, you can either come back or officially quit. Officially quitting will reset your points at +5 if you decide to come back in the future.
  • Rather than specifically a round-robin or a swiss-bracket style tournament, think of the LoB like playing a MOBA similar to League of Legends or Dota. Everyone will start as a warm medium with 0 points, and then separate themselves based on wins and losses. 
  • Since I don't know if this will get very big or completely fail, it's hard to come up with a ratio based ranking system. So for now, as the LoB starts up, I'll see how everything begins to play out and create ranks accordingly. At the moment I'm thinking of just ripping off League of Legends and going with Bronze -> Silver -> Gold with everyone starting off in Silver. 
    • Bronze Rank will be given to people who have negative points.
    • Silver Rank will be given to people who have 0-10 points.
    • Gold Rank will be given to people who have 10+ points. 
  • The cool part about a tournament like this is that you can join/ leave whenever you want and (I don't think) it should really affect you. 
  • Note: If it comes to it that there aren't enough players for the rank system to work, I'll void it out until there are enough members. I wouldn't want two people fighting only each other every week because there's no one else.
  • A player may also choose to challenge another player within their rank after the weekly random match. If the challenge is accepted, it can be counted as an official LoB match. 
    • You can turn down a challenge without penalty. These are not obligatory. 
  • Depending on the number of people, a Gold Rank may end up fighting a Silver rank in a weekly random match. If the LOWER rank WINS, the scoring changes a little:
    • Beating a higher rank= +2
    • Losing to a lower rank= -2
  • WEEKLY RANDOM MATCHES: Once a week (maybe 2 weeks), every player will be assigned a randomized match against someone in their rank. These are the core of the League and you need to fight in them. This is where the match pass -0.5 points detraction comes into play.

|| League Judges ||

• A Judge decision is final. You can clarify and ask questions about it, but they won't be reversed. That being said, Judge decision may set a de facto precedent, but there are no de jure precedents that carry on from fight to fight. 
  • I ask that judges follow the following limitations, but even if they don't, the ruling won't be changed. That's a slippery slope. But I have utmost faith that the judges will follow the rules.
  • No judgement will be made about previous posts. If an attack is made and the other player posts a response to it, that's an implied acceptance of the attack.
  • Judge decisions will be limited to the specific conflict between players. I don't see the point in ruling on something that has nothing to do with the problem players brought forward.
  • Judges are passive and will only intervene when called upon.
  • Just like the NAT, calling a judge basically means that the fight is over. Time will be stopped for judge deliberation. If the player who called the judge was correct to call a judge, the judge decision will be made and, if needed, the fight will resume where it left off. If the player is ruled against however, they lose the time it took to make the deliberation. Which will probably mean they run out of time.
  • I can't stress this enough, if no judge is called, your time does NOT pause. If you spend 20 minutes deliberating and then choose to call a judge, your time pauses when the decision to call a judge is made. 
  • Once a judge decision is made, if the fight is to continue, the player whose turn it is has a 10 minute grace period to post before time starts up again.
  • I have no idea who the judges will be for this tournament. I'll do what I can to get similar people as the NAT had, but I'm not Ran so I've got less influence.
    • I'm not going to be a judge. I'll clarify the rules that I'd like the tournament to follow, but eh, I felt really weird participating in my own tournament last time so I'm not going to do that again. 

|| LoB's Mild Powers Ruleset ||

• Just like Valucre's default ruleset, I'm not too worried about the type of powers you have. It's more about the power that a character wields them with.
  • So, in that spirit, I'm going to shoot the concept of stacking prep in the ass. 
    • This tournament will be more focused on mechanics, strategy, and character manipulation than prep stacking. If you spend four turns building up a spirit bomb by standing still and drawing on energy forever and ever, and you opponent uses a clever defense that was prepared only a turn before, well, that sucks of you. I want people to really think about their attacks, planning and connecting moves. Now, if you spend the same amount of turns chaining attacks and creating a mechanically strong attack, that can't be so easily dodged. Regardless of *le dodge* stuff, it should be set up in such a way that blocking is near impossible. Unlike just launching a super ultra godly attack. If an attack like that is *le dodged*, then that's a good reason to call a judge. Everything should be moving, not standing still. I believe Ran had a similar intention in his tournament that I'm trying to play on.
    • Nothing above building busting capacity. Preps, while less influential in the long run, are still relevant. Something worked on for one turn/ low effort, shouldn't do that much damage. I'll refer back to the Chosen Rule-set on this for a general idea (I added the fifth turn stuff myself): -Keep in mind that any attack has the potential to be fatal-
      • Five Turns: Building busting capacity. 

• Four turns: catastrophic damage - severed limbs, lacerations that would require dozens or even hundreds of staples or stitches, fourth degree burns, or third degree burns over 35% of the body

• Three turns: significant damage - severe lacerations, partially severed limbs, badly broken bones, and third degree burns under 35% of the body

• Two turns: moderate damage - lacerations that would require stitches, broken bones, significant damage to connective tissue, and blindness

• One turn: mild damage - minor cuts and sprains

• Quickdraws/ Quickattacks: Lower damage than a single prep, but can still be used for distraction, mobility, and preps. There should not be more than a maximum of two offensive quickdraws in any one turn.

• However, keep in mind that there are exceptions. An example would be using your surrounding as an attack amplifier. If there's a gas tank and you explode it, the explosion will do the damage an explosion should do. 

• Attacks that last, must be sustained somehow. If you have a bubble of, hmmm, Generative Annihilation, that has an equivalent of three preps, if no prep is fed into it, it will drop one prep strength every turn. 

• Also, like always, the more abilities your character has the less powerful they will be at each of them. Think of Ran's pie chart. There's only so much power to go around.

|| Disallowed Powers ||

Rather than say what you can use, I think it'll be simpler to just say what you cannot use.

I'm retaining the right to edit this as the league progresses. I'm not all knowing so...

1. Teleportation
  2. Temporal Manipulation
  3. Reality Manipulation
  4. Large scale manipulation of the cosmos- This means that I don't care if you use "cosmic powers" but it still has to fall within my set definitions of Mild Powers.
  5. Attacks that don't travel distance/ Instant Attacks
  6. Absolute Defenses- such as making yourself impervious to a kind of attack. There can be resistances, but no absolute defenses.
  7. Soul Stealing (lmao)
  8. Autohits
  9. Mind Manipulation
  10.  Being Omniscient
  11. Metagaming- though I'll allow stuff like Arcane Sight
  12. Shifting your character's body into other realms of existence like astral, ethereal, etc. 
  13. No invisible shit
  14. Instant summoning or creation. For example: if a spell is cast to summon a fire dragon, that fire dragon still needs to come into existence. Matter, attacks, etc., cannot materialize or come into existence instantaneous. This applies toward all manners of abilities ranging from fire bending to mages. If you want a flame, it doesn't just pop into existence. It can roar to life quickly, but nothing simply materializes in thin air. There has to be a method of creation to its existence beyond "I command you to appear."

Also, I'm tired of people complaining about attacks with no scientific basis. Therefore I'm going to make this small note. Any and all forms of powers are allowed in this tournament. I'm not going to restrict stuff because there's not real life basis. If I wanted to compete in real life science, I'd join a physics team. The idea is that it's not about the power, but the use of it. I'm capping the strength of abilities, not abilities themselves. Well, uh, minus the ones I banned >.>

|| Character Sheets ||

Henceforth called League Sheets.

These are required and I'll be glancing over them to make sure they're not using any banned powers. Players are encouraged to look at their upcoming opponents character sheet to get an idea of what they'll be up against. 

Spoiler

|| General ||

Name

Race

Height:

Weight

Hair Color/ Length

Eye Color

Skin tone

|| Martial Disciplines ||

Primary: 

Secondary: 

Tertiary: 

|| Abilities ||

Primary:

Secondary:

Tertiary:

|| Innate Abilities ||

Primary

Secondary:

Tertiary:

|| Armor ||

|| Weapons ||

Weapon (A):

Weapon (B):

|| The Roster ||

1. Ataraxy: Karolina Vyse; Joanna Vyse

2. Danzilla: Som Basil 

3. Chouette: Zeke

4. Kasai Uchiha: The Cookie Barbarian Monster 

5. Mag: Aria; Dove- Not yet active

6. Deus ex Aizen: League account frozen. 6/12

7. Warlock: HFCS Mark 1: League account frozen [AFV] 6/21

8. Robbie Rotten: Morrin: League account frozen 6/21

|| Confirmed Judges ||

1. @Corban

2. @Chouette

3. @King

4. @Mag

5. @Haelstrom

6. Maybe @Acies ab Vesania in a a week or two

Updated 6/19/17

|| Rankings ||

@Kasai Uchiha: 6 points

@Robbie Rotten: 6 points

@Ataraxy: 6 points

@danzilla3: 5 points

@Warlock: 4 points

@Chouette: 4 points

@Deus Ex Aizen: 4 points

|| W-L-D-P Record ||

Robbie Rotten: 2-1-0-0

Kasai: 1-0-0-0

Ataraxy: 2-1-0-0

Danzilla: 1-1-0-0

Warlock: 0-1-0-0

Chouette: 0-1-0-0

Deus Ex Aizen: 0-1-0-0

Edited by Ataraxy

kay m8

Spoiler

|| General ||

Name: Morrin

Race: Human

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 115 lbs.

Hair Color/ Length: like medium length brown

Eye Color: brown like mud

Skin tone: white power

|| Abilities ||

Primary: Elemental projection--Projects effects into the environment derived from the four elements, fire, water, earth, wind. Earth includes plant growth, water includes ice, and wind includes lightning. These are effects summoned into existence out of seemingly nothing, such as tossing a fireball or generating a pillar of earth from one's hand. All effects must derive from Morrin's body originally (so no summoning lightning from the clouds overhead unless he already sent magic up there for that specific purpose or something like that). Effects persist a number of turns equal to their preps.

Secondary: Elemental manipulation--Manipulates the environment in accordance with these elements. This includes feats such as directing lightning out of a naturally-formed thundercloud, turning part of a lake's surface to solid ice, or causing the dirt under an opponent's feet to give way and partially swallow them. The elemental connection must be fairly direct to work; can't for instance manipulate a metal door because "lawl it made of earth." Dead wood cannot be affected, but still-living plant matter can. These techniques can manifest without preps, and grow more powerful if preps are added to them, but only one quick draw effect can happen per turn.

Tertiary: Elemental manifestation--Morrin's physical form can take four different states in accordance with the four elements and four states of matter. Earth--solid (default, appears "normal"), water--liquid, wind--gaseous/mist, fire--plasma. His body is progressively more malleable as he changes forms, but cannot separate into multiple parts, and must maintain some semblance of a human form. He can change state as a quick draw, but can only perform one quick draw per turn. With preps, he can add weaponry based on his current state, such as a burning heat aura in plasma state, or electrocution on touch in mist form. These persist a number of turns equal to the preps spent or until state is changed.

Morrin gains resistances and weaknesses based on his states, but none of them are immune to anything, generally speaking. A deluge of water will only be moderately effective against his solid state, but highly effective against his plasma state, for instance.

|| Innate ||

Primary: Material Disconnect--Morrin's mind has re-oriented its relationship to his physical form, causing it to sense damage to his body without feeling pain in the traditional sense. He can be affected by extreme sensory inputs, both painful and otherwise, but resists these to an inhuman degree. This does not change the fact that he will be incapacitated or killed outright if dealt sufficient amounts of tangible damage, it only affects his ability to continue operating unhindered on a mental level despite extant physical damage.

Secondary: Levitation--Morrin can levitate up to five feet off of any solid or liquid surface, and move at a rate equivalent to a human sprint while doing so.

Tertiary: Sensory Dilation--Morrin's mind operates in a temporal space orders of magnitude more finely grained than that of the average person. If something would occur faster than he can perceive and react to it, his mind automatically compensates, briefly warping his perception into a state capable of comprehending and responding to actions occurring at extreme speeds.

|| Martial Disciplines ||

Primary: Analysis--Morrin knows things and thinks about them. This may or may not be of any use to him in combat.

Secondary:

Tertiary:

|| Weapons ||

Weapon (A): Tower Pages--Half a dozen sheafs of parchment covered in arcane writing that levitate around Morrin and can be telekinetically manipulated by him. These are one foot long by one foot wide and have the strength of a sheet of steel akin to plate armor while remaining as flexible as paper. They have edges sharp enough to cause serious injury. With preps, Morrin can summon more (half a dozen additional per prep) or cause those currently present to become more durable and powerful for a number of turns equal to the number of preps spent.

Weapon (B): Book of Knowledge--A repository for knowledge both to and from Morrin's mystical library. It is a large tome two feet wide, two feet tall, and one foot thick. When summoned it replaces the Tower Pages while it is present. Tower Pages can be re-summoned with use of a prep. The Book of Knowledge functions as arcane sight, transmitting detailed information to Morrin from his catalogue of reality on any form of metaphysical power used by his opponent.

44 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

Sure. But if the mist gets punched, the character still has to take damage. It can be used as a resistance, but not an absolute defense against physical attacks.

Edit: And nice! What character were you thinking? Catherine?

nah m8, no powers

i'm not hardcore enough to do the melee physical attacker thing in these tournaments

Edited by Robbie Rotten

9 minutes ago, Robbie Rotten said:

kay m8

Hide contents

|| General ||

Name: Morrin

Race: Human

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 115 lbs.

Hair Color/ Length: like medium length brown

Eye Color: brown like mud

Skin tone: white power

|| Abilities ||

Primary: Elemental projection--Projects effects into the environment derived from the four elements, fire, water, earth, wind. Earth includes plant growth, water includes ice, and wind includes lightning. These are effects summoned into existence out of seemingly nothing, such as tossing a fireball or generating a pillar of earth from one's hand. All effects must derive from Morrin's body originally (so no summoning lightning from the clouds overhead unless he already sent magic up there for that specific purpose or something like that). Effects persist a number of turns equal to their preps.

Secondary: Elemental manipulation--Manipulates the environment in accordance with these elements. This includes feats such as directing lightning out of a naturally-formed thundercloud, turning part of a lake's surface to solid ice, or causing the dirt under an opponent's feet to give way and partially swallow them. The elemental connection must be fairly direct to work; can't for instance manipulate a metal door because "lawl it made of earth." Dead wood cannot be affected, but still-living plant matter can. These techniques can manifest without preps, and grow more powerful if preps are added to them, but only one quick draw effect can happen per turn.

Tertiary: Elemental manifestation--Morrin's physical form can take four different states in accordance with the four elements and four states of matter. Earth--solid (default, appears "normal"), water--liquid, wind--gaseous/mist, fire--plasma. His body is progressively more malleable as he changes forms, but cannot separate into multiple parts, and must maintain some semblance of a human form. He can change state as a quick draw, but can only perform one quick draw per turn. With preps, he can add weaponry based on his current state, such as a burning heat aura in plasma state, or electrocution on touch in mist form. These persist a number of turns equal to the preps spent or until state is changed.

Morrin gains resistances and weaknesses based on his states, but none of them are immune to anything, generally speaking. A deluge of water will only be moderately effective against his solid state, but highly effective against his plasma state, for instance.

|| Innate ||

Primary: Material Disconnect--Morrin's mind has re-oriented its relationship to his physical form, causing it to sense damage to his body without feeling pain in the traditional sense. He can be affected by extreme sensory inputs, both painful and otherwise, but resists these to an inhuman degree. This does not change the fact that he will be incapacitated or killed outright if dealt sufficient amounts of tangible damage, it only affects his ability to continue operating unhindered on a mental level despite extant physical damage.

Secondary: Levitation--Morrin can levitate up to five feet off of any solid or liquid surface, and move at a rate equivalent to a human sprint while doing so.

Tertiary: Sensory Dilation--Morrin's mind operates in a temporal space orders of magnitude more finely grained than that of the average person. If something would occur faster than he can perceive and react to it, his mind automatically compensates, briefly warping his perception into a state capable of comprehending and responding to actions occurring at extreme speeds.

|| Martial Disciplines ||

Primary: Analysis--Morrin knows things and thinks about them. This may or may not be of any use to him in combat.

Secondary:

Tertiary:

|| Weapons ||

Weapon (A): Tower Pages--Half a dozen sheafs of parchment covered in arcane writing that levitate around Morrin and can be telekinetically manipulated by him. These are one foot long by one foot wide and have the strength of a sheet of steel akin to plate armor while remaining as flexible as paper. They have edges sharp enough to cause serious injury. With preps, Morrin can summon more (half a dozen additional per prep) or cause those currently present to become more durable and powerful for a number of turns equal to the number of preps spent.

Weapon (B): Book of Knowledge--A repository for knowledge both to and from Morrin's mystical library. It is a large tome two feet wide, two feet tall, and one foot thick. When summoned it replaces the Tower Pages while it is present. Tower Pages can be re-summoned with use of a prep. The Book of Knowledge functions as arcane sight, transmitting detailed information to Morrin from his catalogue of reality on any form of metaphysical power used by his opponent.

nah m8, no powers

i'm not hardcore enough to do the melee physical attacker thing in these tournaments

Looks like you're really going to try this time!