Sign in to follow this  

Valucre time and timekeeping

After a good bit of communication and deliberation between the board leaders, we came to an agreement on a shared time period. You can read more about it under the World section of the Overview article: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/world/valucre-overview/

Here's the brief: "The universal calendar shared throughout the nations indicates that Valucre is in its 18,596th year World Time (WT). Colloquially this is referred to as 596 WTA (World Time Abbreviated, cutting off the millennia digits)."

At the same time we're announcing a timekeeping mechanism, which is that time will advance in-game at a rate of 1:1 with the real world. That means that every year that passes IRL passes in RP as well, though not at the same rate, and members will be free to play in the relative past by simply including a year tag in their thread title or the first post of the thread itself (as has always been the case).

I want to say that the new year will be in June since I'm announcing this in June, but I like to stay agile so we'll see how it pans out won't we?!

This, of course, is subject to change at any time for any reason but I think it'll be fun to try out for a little while at least and see if it helps bring things together.

Our next project, which has no ETA so no one comes poking me or bothering the BLs about it, is to establish a shared timeline of major events. Keep an eye out for announcements.

Sign in to follow this