Zephyr Adair

Looking for a new home...

Greetings

So recently i left one of my old sites due to... well the atmosphere is pretty hostile but i still want to rp. Now i have been looking for a while to find a good place to start again and ran into this place. hoping everything works out. Bit about me i am 27 and female, have been RPing for... 14 years or so give or take a month or two. I like Lamia and will most likely end up as one if i can XD, ermm yeah no clue what else to say... im not good at doing posts like this XD

Welcome to the site!

Sorry to hear about the problems with your old site! People here are really nice so you shouldn't have much of a problem with that here! :) If you need help or have questions feel free to ask me!

Enjoy the site! *gives free cake*

Welcome to Val, gal! I am also a fan of Lamia, so I fully support your endeavors!

You can also ask me any questions you might have. I'd suggest clicking on the "Getting started" tab in the top right corner of the page first, gives ya lots of info and resources to break the ice.

Eh when the owner hires a bunch of teenagers on a site of mostly adults problems are sure to arise, more so when rules start getting changed that they exploit. As for the rules and stuff i read all of it before i even posted a into XD. Honestly now i just need to find a friend to RP with to get back into the swing of things and get rid of all da rust. First offff making my char WOOOO. *wanders off like a lost puppy*

Fires Confetti Cannon in Welcome

l3Axl.gif

Salutations! So glad you decided to give Valucre A shot! <3 If you need any help navigating around the site I would gladly be of assistance!
I would suggest starting off in the Tavern of Legends! That's where others who are new to the site start their characters off and find others to Rp with <3 A great overture to the overall Edvard Grieg that is Valucre!
https://www.valucre.com/forum/239-tavern-of-legend/

https://www.valucre.com/forum/166-water-cooler/
Otherwise I would suggest the water cooler where the community posts interest checks for Rp's they are looking for other members to join! The pinnacle of looking for A good story to jump into!

Or we could always figure something diabolical to get into!

Welcome once again!

Yup already posted in the cooler their was someone bored and i need a antagonist to feel out my char a bit. if you would like to help please feel free to hit me up i should have my rough char profile up here in a few minutes. OH! is their a chat for this site or are we completely old school here?

Welcome to the wondermazincredible world of valucre, newcomer! I'm here for ummm almost two months I think and I feel kinda at home here so I do believe you will eventually do the same. I'm trying to make friends around too so if you want to rp or anything I'm just a message away! :smirk:

I see you've been introduced to the basic things so I don't know what else I could offer besides my help should you need it and the free candy I give to everyone. :think:

P.S: I had a similar problem with a roleplaying site for star wars.

Lol yeah i have ALOT of rp experience so i checked out all the rules and stuffs before i did anything. I find that the rules give you a sense of a sites maturity level as well as restrictions. My only worry is not having anyone to Rp with, i have found that alot of sites are very clicke based so new people have issues getting into it. But im sure it will be fine, but i am still worried about it as honestly this is the third site i have tried to join. The last two one turned out to be... full of children whom were doing adult rp, im ok with adult rp if it has a place... but not just for the sake of doing it ya know. the second i join made a intro post, char intro post and got zip, i waited two weeks before bowing out.

I find Valucre's community having a more different mindset than the normal people around me which are usually people only thinking about adult stuff. This kind of makes me feel better since it's close to a better world I imagined. Sure I might be wrong so you'll see and judge for yourself.

If you have problems finding rp, I'm always up for it, I've got a spirit of justice and a student in magical arts ready to do what they do best: Get in trouble.

Valucre has a discord server for chatting, an man users use Skype or some other messenger service as well. As for cliques not so much on Val, people have people they enjoy writing with but most enjoy new members as well. Those that are clique-ish in mind set often make their RP's closed.

I too have been RPing for a very very long time. I created my first RP character at 12 I am now almost 34. So i can understand how you feel about the 'children' RP'ers who think Adult themed RP's are fun for fun's sake.

Go have fun. it might take some time to get an RP going not because nobody is interested but because a vast majority of us work and are parents, and well life prevents us from getting on as much as we would like. so give it some time, and sometimes posting a few posts and RPing with yourself will draw interest, some people like to get a feel for whats going on before they join in. If it appears you are not interested in your own Idea it turns others off joining.

Also you are not limited as to what you can be, we had a member play a sentient ball of Slime. if you can dream it you can do it as long as it falls under the mid/mild power level.

Edited by Cordeliane

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, Zephyr Adair said:

Lol yeah i have ALOT of rp experience so i checked out all the rules and stuffs before i did anything. I find that the rules give you a sense of a sites maturity level as well as restrictions. My only worry is not having anyone to Rp with, i have found that alot of sites are very clicke based so new people have issues getting into it. But im sure it will be fine, but i am still worried about it as honestly this is the third site i have tried to join. The last two one turned out to be... full of children whom were doing adult rp, im ok with adult rp if it has a place... but not just for the sake of doing it ya know. the second i join made a intro post, char intro post and got zip, i waited two weeks before bowing out.

Zepphie, you will FIT in here!!! we are Zany and FLUFFY!!

benny

On 6/26/2017 at 2:36 PM, Zephyr Adair said:

Greetings

So recently i left one of my old sites due to... well the atmosphere is pretty hostile but i still want to rp. Now i have been looking for a while to find a good place to start again and ran into this place. hoping everything works out. Bit about me i am 27 and female, have been RPing for... 14 years or so give or take a month or two. I like Lamia and will most likely end up as one if i can XD, ermm yeah no clue what else to say... im not good at doing posts like this XD

I hope that the atmosphere here is notably less hostile. No community is without its outliers, so you'll find people here that are abrasive or sometimes rude, but for the most part think that we have one of the better communities in that respect. Even the people that are bad here tend not to be as bad as I've seen elsewhere. If you come across someone or something that's particularly egregious, feel free to use the Report function. Not every report results in salient action but it does help keep the staff informed, since we don't active read every post on the site. 

As far as the type or species of character you play there's no real limitation as long as they follow the Mild Powers rules to keep things relatively balanced while allowing people to explore in a fantasy genre. So although some nations have lists of races and creatures, you're normally not limited to those and can make your own version or entirely unique races. 

Welcome to Valucre! If you have any questions feel free to post here, in Help, or send me a PM directly. 

I only joined a few days ago but being part of the welcome wagon is always an inherent joy for me.

So - welcome! May your characters find the home they always wanted and I hope future collaboration storytelling opportunities remain plentiful.

It takes getting used to. I was very upset when we moved servers and the de-alpahbetized the User profiles. I try not to focus on the chaos, even though it is a slightly organized chaos.