DoomSparkles

Two Adventurers Wandering Around, Looking for Something to Do

It was getting to the late hours of the morning by now, perhaps around 10 o'clock. The morning was peaceful and filled with the warm summer air that was an ever constant occurrence. The sounds of a beautiful flute carried through the air and float in the morning to those below. A familiar elf sat atop the roof of the inn, the source of the notes as he gracefully played his flute, swaying very slightly as he kept in beat with his song. His expression seemed one of utter content as he smiled into his flute. Though his notes sang long and high, they did not flutter to that of a regular sad flute song, nor a drowsy tune--but an uplifting one. The male sat with his legs crossed, waiting for his companion's promised arrival. It was a few hours past the promised time, and he wondered what had kept the male from meeting with him. He did not seem too worried though, as he continued to flow with his music, eyes closed with a gentle breeze catching his cloak, having pulled his hood down some time ago.

The sounds of traveling horses traveled through the trees as carriages pulled in the nearby town. A few townsfolk stayed to watch and listen to the mysterious elf play atop of the building, smiles written over their faces before passing on. He enjoyed tall places and the view from this standpoint was one of true beauty. It overlooked the forest before them and from the tall hill, he could see the path leading down through the forest. He had never been to this town, but he loved how friendly the people seemed despite the trying times. He was glad to bring a few smiles to their faces, even if he wasn't doing it on purpose. He had stayed up during the night, plotting out their path to the next town. He was so excited to have a traveling companion. He had written in his journal of his travels so far and mapped out the nearby areas, in a novice manner. He was no map maker. He had prepared all night for the trip, unable to contain his joy for their new adventures. They had hardly anything planned really, but all Alimar knew was that he wanted to travel and see new things and help those in need. He did not intend to be any sort of hero, nor did he wish for glory. He wished simply to have fun and live his life to the fullest and have the same for others.

@Bolt Mulaag

Edited by DoomSparkles

-Bolt hated promising to meet up at certain times with people because they never knew what could happen between the time that they plan and the time they meet up. That’s exactly what happened to our dragonborn, a large obstacle stood before him that kept him quite busy. A group of bounty hunters that had at least twenty or so of them all aimed at capturing and dragging Bolt back to his older brother in a distant realm. This encounter happened at least an hour or so before he was supposed to meet up with his traveling companion. So currently, he was locked in battle with all of them in the forest that was an hour away from the meeting point.-

“You’re coming back to your brother one way or another! And you will pay for your crimes against the kingdom!” -Exclaimed one of the bounty hunters as Bolt simply unleashed a barrage of flames from his mouth straight into that hunter in particular, disliking the fact that his older brother was doing everything in his power to drag Bolt back to his former home. The bounty hunter that was blasted with flames was completely burned to a crisp as his body turned into a pile of ashes that was blown away in a small gust of wind as the others began ganging up on the dragonborn.-

-Quickly letting his dark blue dragon tail appear, Bolt used it to slam into the ground, manipulating the earth element as the ground all around him ripped apart and knocked back the entire group, watching them fly into trees and bushes. One even landed in a nearby river. That was his chance to escape! Dark blue dragon wings with sparkling, pearly white stars scattered on each wing appeared on his back and carried him away from the area, leaving behind a large gust of wind.-

-What was supposed to be an hour long trip through the forest, turned into ten minutes for the speedy dragonborn as he maneuvered through the area. Zigzagging between trees, avoiding any wildlife that crossed his path, occasionally checking behind to see if he was being followed still, and sometimes going above the treetops to see the scenery. Finally, he stopped himself on a dime once he was at the meeting point with his traveling companion. Given the high speed he was flying at, a large gust of wind slammed into the area as well that lasted for a few seconds.-

-Bolt’s clothes were now a tad battle damaged because of those lowly hunters. His black t-shirt now had several bullet holes in them, white shorts had crimson stain spots scattered everywhere, and his bare feet had scars on them that were of course being healed by a faint white glow around the entirety of his feet.-

“So-..Sorry that I-.. I’m late… I ran into a bit of trouble…” -Breathy words escaped his lips as Bolt was trying to catch his breath from flying so fast.-

The elven lad's ears twitched under his hood with his senses of the world about him changing. He could sense the change in wings and a disturbance in the woods. He stood, pushing back his cape as he raised up his arm to cover his eyes from the sun's gleaming light. From the horizon, he spotted a young...bird? A large...bat? Dragon!? His eyes widened as it burst closer without much consideration for the village laid down before it. He covered his face from the vicious winds, almost knocked off balance from the---wait...why was the world spinning? Shit. Down the tanned male went as he tumbled down from the roof's height. A loud cry could be heard as he noted the ground growing quite close to him at an alarming rate. An elven curse called from his tongue as he closed his eyes tightly to embrace for impact. He curled his body up tightly, though in his flailing his instrument of choice went hurling across the air like a screeching death baton. ....Unfortunately for the Dragonborn, it was aimed directly towards his general direction...and by general direction, I mean directly at his nicely healed face.

His fall, however, seemed to have been...not as bad as he assumed it would be as he tumbled down the buttress' shingles, wrapping up the elf nicely in his own cape and sending him down upon the oblivious innocence below, delivered like a package roughly thrown at your door from the postman without a second thought. The disoriented male let out a long, pained groan with his eyes still spinning about in his skull. What...in the nine realms....was that? He had little time to think as he sat up to rub the back of his aching head...did he...hit something? He could hear a strange...mewing sound? He looked below him to hear a whining and furiously flailing lass below him, thrashing her tail about. His rose coloured orbs widened as he lost his balance once more and tumbled off of her onto his ass--caught on his cape--then on his face, cape falling over his head like a dramatically failed check. He let out another groan as he rubbed his head, moving aside his cape once more, coughing at the tornado of twice disturbed dirt. Dirt was smudged across the elegant male's attire and face in a disorderly fashion, his hair in...quite the interesting styling, though it seemed to be falling back into place quite obediently.

When cohesiveness landed back down into the lad's mind, it was quickly ripped away as he gathered Bolt's situation. His expression went from one of shock to confusion to concern. "Wha--...Why are your clothes--Oh my! I-I--I am So sorry!" He quickly stumbled away from the lass, not quite being able to untangle his feet in a proper manner to stand below him as they should in an orderly fashion. His cheeks stained with a pinkened shade to match his pretty orbs. He leaned down to hold out his hand towards the small neko, not sure what she was, but he wasn't about to be rude...well ruder. 

@Disgruntled Tea @Bolt Mulaag

-While Bolt was trying to catch his breath still, those emerald eyes watched as his elven friend had been blown away by the gust of wind that came from the dragonborn…. Quite literally. The poor soul was falling at first and then proceeded to tumble around on the ground, making an absolute mess of himself. Bolt wanted to chuckle a little because he found it funny, but what stopped him from laughing was when the elf’s flute smacked him right in the face.- “OUCH!” -He exclaimed as the flute just dropped to the ground afterwards while Bolt held his face within the palm of his hands.-

-Normally, the dragonborn is more careful when he is landing from using his dragon wings, but he was in such a hurry to get away from the fiends that were trying to capture him. So, he really didn’t think about how gracefully he should be when coming back down to earth. Mind you, he isn’t completely transformed, only his dark blue wings and tail are visible for now. Once more, Bolt was going to speak however, he saw that his companion was apologizing to something… Or someone… As those emerald hues with dragon slits looked down and took notice of the cat-like being before them.-

“Well, this is awkward… I am so sorry, to both of you for the rough landing. Like I stated previously… I was in quite a pickle.”

Bright and cheerful weather dappled with warm patches of sunlight...Just the way any cat, or cat like creature wants it. Amongst the cheerful rays of joy a rather short individual pranced down the dusty trail occasionally pausing to enjoy various flora and insects such as butterflies along the way. Small Black cat ears twitched and swiveled with excitement as each new "shinny" thing caught her attention. One particularly unlucky bird caught the young lass's attention for an unsettling five minuets before she grew bored of the terrified squawks and ferrous feather flapping...some other animals such as the crickets and butterflies were not so fortunate as the small flying creature and ended up as a small snack for the neko girl.  The day had started out well enough, woke up from a nice long rest among the flowers of some field she'd popped into some time yesterday on a whim, caught a nice breakfast of bird and bunny, tumbled about the forest ripping her already well worn shirt in various places...the usual. What she had not expected however, was for the sky to literally start raining elves. There she was minding her own business passing by what appeared to be a rather fancy inn like building admiring some cheerful instrumental music intermingling among the sounds of the earth, when she was unceremoniously saying hello to the ground. The spunky cat creature had just enough time to snap her head up at the foreign sounding shout above her, before she found slim willow like frame being turned into a landing pad by some individual falling from the sky dropping her face first into the grass and dust below her. 

feeling squished as a spider on a tavern floor after a bar-fight, it was all she could do just to let out a startled with a hint of disgruntled mewing sound. In the fall her already unruly jet black hair seemed to acquire more dust and twig accessories as well as a few more tangles in what was sure to me a massive collection of knots. Slim hands rapidly pat the earth in a form of tapping out of a fighting match as the young lass waited for the elvish lad to get off of her back. Her tail swishes with irritation as she waited for him to gather his wits before the poor boy quite literally went ass over tea kettle in his haste to remove himself off of her slightly throbbing back.  Her emerald hue orbs twinkle in amusement as she watched the lad fumble about with his cape as he righted himself once more into a semi-stable standing position. She herself simply had sat herself up from the prone position she had found her self in moments before just to get a rather amusing spectacle. A Cheshire like grin appears quite quickly to her face as she reaches up to the boys offered hand and allowed herself to be hefted up.
"meh. no worries pal. Usually I have men aplenty falling for me, but this is ridiculous!" she laughs lightheartedly before grinning anew towards the flustered blushing elf. "Names Uriel. who be you boys?" she tilts her head in the direction of what appeared to be the source of case of fly-falling elves quizzically before turning her attention back towards the elf before her. 

@DoomSparkles @Bolt Mulaag

Alimar clutched at his chest, looking between the two of them with quite a bit of concern. He wasn't sure which one to ask first of their well being...much less his own. How high Was that roof!? He shook his head and brought himself back to look towards the newcomer. He gave off bashful smile and a polite nod before answering, "I-I'm sure....My name is Alimar, Alimar Mirathan. This young man is--" That was a good question actually... His eyes turned to look at the newly arrived stranger--Or so he assumed until he looked at the man and slowly lined up the dots that he could. His face lit up as he recognized his companion.

"--Bolt!?" He exclaimed, "What in the realms happened--Dragon wings? Dragon Bolt? Is this a regular thing!? Should I be concerned? Do humans normally sprout dragon's wings!? What sort of a vinegar soaked cucumber did you ingest!?" He stumbled about to his companion with an awestruck gaze. His fingers ran over his wings with a graced wonderment. His lips curled up into a great smile, his eyes dazzled with excitement. "Is this a magic? Transformation perhaps? Oh! Tell me, did you tie your soul to a dragon's? That tale is one of my favorites--Or the one of the Chimera and the old hermit. Tell me--are dragons real??" The excited elf suddenly burst into ranting babbling, one most could probably not understand, but the boy seemed genuine in all of his remarks without the slightest meaning of harm in his words. Though his face seemed to drop a bit as he noticed his tattered state. "Bolt--...what um...happened to your clothes? Are you alright?"

Uriel was about to reply to what she now knows has a name of Alimar, before he quite literally went on a fanboy tangent with the other person present. Emerald orbs widen with surprise upon alighting on the dark blue wings and tail sprouting from all accounts what appeared to be a human male. A soft exited purr spouts from the small cat girl before she blinks rapidly, her mind winding though all matters of thoughts and ideas. She had seen a great many things on her random sojourns about the lands, but never a man with dragon like appendages. The idea of playing with something new and shinny appealed greatly to the small lady. Alimar had called him Bolt...a name seemingly quite fitting for someone who dropped from the sky like a bolt of lightning and wind. 
Although not one for all the questions like the elvin lad, Uriel did find herself joining in on the eyeing and poking of the tall man. 
She purrs with amusement and wonder as she circles round the man examining his form with bright eyes. "hummmm, he looks fine to me...shirts may even be optional at his level too." a snarky grin graces her lips before she pats Bolt on the arm and springing away with a chuckle. 

-Bolt simply stood and watched as Alimar turned into a complete fanboy over the fact that the dragonborn was well.. Showing who he really is. The dragon had forgotten that he never mentioned his heritage to the elf when they met with the help Linette. So, it makes sense for him and the cat girl to be studying and reacting the way they were. Tons of questions erupted from Alimar, while Uriel was simply eyeing him down like the eye candy he is. Something Bolt was used to by now.-

-Once both of them calmed down for a few seconds to give Bolt some breathing room, is when the dragonborn decided to explain himself.- “U-um.. Well, I never had the chance to tell you about who I really am. From where I come from, being a dragonborn is quite common. Born with the blood and soul of a dragon in a mortal body.” -He didn’t bother mentioning his special soul, not yet anyway… Along with his abilities as he would let those be revealed on their own.- “Back in my home, dragonborns are known to transform into full fledge dragons. And yes, what you see now is an example of being able summon any part of our dragon form at will. My arms can become covered in dragon scales while the hands are dragon claws…. And you know the rest.”

-What Alimar didn’t know is that his guess about having a dragon within Bolt’s body was very much true… Though this dragon was far more than that. Another thing that would reveal itself when the time is right. Beings with highly attuned sensing capabilities could most likely tell what was looming around within the dragonborn. His clothes however… Were a different story.- “Bounty hunters… That’s why I was so late… It’s..” -Bolt paused for a second, looking off to the side for a moment.- “... A long story…” -Pushing back his horrid memories, Bolt did his best to put on a smile for him.-

“Let’s get to what we really met up for! An adventure of some kind, yes?”

Alimar hummed as his eyes took in every detail, staring at him as he spoke of his lineage as if memorizing it. "Ahhhh~....that's Soooo cool~!" The elf whined as he leaned back with a sigh. A twitch of the corners of his lips slowly revealed a smile though as the elf looked up into the bright morning sky. Birds flying and chirping from afar from the ruffling of their feathers from the dragon's wings. Strange enough, as oblivious and naive Alimar was, he seemed to always be on the right track of things, even if he had no idea what he was talking about. Call it a gut instinct if you will. His instincts normally proved more truthful than one would normally believe. His eyes closed as he felt the sun on his skin...if felt so warm. "So dragons are real then...I knew they were," cooed the gentle giant mindlessly.

His ears perked and twitched as usual at the turn of topic.  "Bounty hunters? W-whatever for??" he began in a startled manner. He pursed his lips, his face in a bit of a scowl. "Though I doubt it's much of my business...Nevermind it, we can discuss it on the road." His expression lightened to his usual bright aura. "Yes, let us set out." The lad turned on his heel towards the young neko and offered a bashful, almost cheeky grin. "My apologies once more for landing on you, Madame, but we must be off now. Adieu~," he gave a wave before setting off towards Bolt. 

-The dragonborn was slowly trailing off to the side in his own thoughts again, memories of his past haunting him over and over again. He hated that he was labeled as a Fallen King, no longer being able to go back to the place he once called home, living life as a run away…. Every damn day was a struggle to survive whether it was bounty hunters or just simple things like hunger and keeping himself healthy. Maybe one day he’ll get his payback, but that day was certainly not going to be today.-

-Upon realizing Alimar was ready to go after having his dream of knowing if dragons are real or not fulfilled, Bolt snapped out of his brooding state of mind and took notice that the flute that had smacked him dead in the face was still lying on the ground before them. Using his dragon tail, Bolt pick the instrument back up and slithered it over to the elf.-

“Here.. I believe this fell off your person after my gust of wind came crashing in.”

-Whenever the flute was taken back, Bolt’s dragon wings and tail simply retracted back into his body and disappeared as there was so obvious sign of his clothes being affected by the extra appendages, such as larger holes in the back of his shirt or shorts. Bolt was taught that dragonborn’s could make their dragon parts appear without wrecking their clothing, which was very useful otherwise he’d be stealing way more clothes than usual. Emerald eyes go over to the cat woman for a moment, giving her the two finger salute as his way of gesturing good-bye.- 

“Sorry once more for the mess here. Hopefully, it won’t happen again. Where are we headed, Alimar?” -He turned himself around to start following the giant of an elf… He still couldn’t believe that there was an elven person almost at his height.. Interesting to say the least.-

Emerald eyes sparkle with excitement upon listening to the dragon boy...no wait, guy?...person? Meh, Bolt's explanation. Uriel had seen dragons before wile blinking about the land like a utter loon, so that info did not quite surprise her. She however heard of a land full of these things called Dragonborn, to Uriel who traveled simply for the entertainment of finding new things and seeing different kinds of people this seemed like a place she would have to "stumble" into at some point.  Her fluffy ears twitch with her thoughts causing the obsidian piercings in them to jingle softly with the sudden movement. 

Like Alimar, Uriel's ears too perked up at the mention of bounty hunters. The usual amused smile found on her face slightly faltered before sliding back into place once more. Bandits she most definitely have heard and dealt with many times. It is not uncommon to see uniqe beings walking the land in most areas, but for some places a teleporting girl with cat parts actually attached was something of a rare thing in other parts of the world. Many thick skulled nobles or people who thought themselves to be in some sort of power position have tried to chain the girl down to their will, or obtain her like some sort of prized object for displaying. fortunately for the spunky cat, she was quite fast and the people after her got tired of the wild goose chase...at least she hoped. "Bounty hunters huh.....probably some block head wanting something stupid from him or anther." she trails off softly her head tilting slightly. 

Her attention turned toward Alimar when he spoke. The smile slowly broadened to a smirk upon registering what he said before shaking her had quickly and quickly springing up to the pair. "nope. you my fine elvin friend are stuck with owing me an adventure. You did try to squish me into road dust." she laughs and points to Bolt before purring in amusement "and you my fine looking dragonborn are at fault by proxy."
she bounces up and pokes the awkward elf on the cheek before falling into place at his side her tail swishing happily. "besides your shinny and amusing, as well as probably cant hurt from having another purrson traveling around with to make sure you don't rain on any more unsuspecting innocent folk of the land."

Alimar blinked a few times before recognizing his instrument. His eyes widened as his hands dashed for the sturdily built pipe, pulling it to his person. "Oh by the divines! Thank you for returning this," he quickly stumbled as he looked over the flute with trained eyes to notice any sorts of damage. "It shouldn't be damaged from this small of a scene..." he muttered softly to himself. After all, the gnomes had a way of making somehow miraculously durable materials...and he really did mean durable by calling this scene "small". This flute had been through quite the pickling itself.

He slid the flute back into its proper place in his bags, grabbed a map, and shrugged up his pack. "Well, I took the liberties of sketching out the local areas and obtaining some information about the land. It appears there are some disturbances in the people of Morgana. Something about some ghosts and some missing children, I think we should check them out. After all, finding ghosts seems to be quite exciting don't you think!?" chimed the elf with enthusiasm. 

With their newly added cat insisting on coming in tow, Alimar blinked with confusion. He was by all means not sexist in the least, but was this springy cat suited for adventuring? Well if anything she was as durable as his flute to take him landing on her as he did. Though he probably only weighed about as much as a feed bag...while carrying his supplies. "St-uck with you? You plan to follow us? You don't even know where we're going.... Not that we had much in mind," he mumbled the last part under his breath before turning his gaze to the Dragonborn for assistance in the new found stray.

-Hearing Uriel’s own words about bounty hunters, Bolt had a small frown appear long those light skinned features of his. If only these two knew the real story… The dragonborn however, didn’t want to involve anyone in his personal affairs as he wouldn’t be able to bare the pain if more people suffered because of his lifestyle. He was going to do his best to try and not talk about why he was being hunted, though Uriel was on the right track when saying they may also want a piece of his power. Oh yes.. What Bolt had was rare back in his home realm and the reason he was even on the run in the first place. When people find out someone has unimaginable power, just like money, they turn selfish and greedy… Willing to do anything that they can to get their hands on it.-

“Ghosts, huh?.. Probably just some restless spirits that need to be put to rest.” -A few nods are given, agreeing to find out what exactly was going on. Those draconic eye turn to Uriel though when she brings up the point of tagging along. Bolt’s way of thinking differed from Alimar’s as the dragonborn thought adventures are more fun and entertaining when there’s a larger group involved. So, when the elf looked at him for assistance, he was going to be out-voted, unfortunately.- “Ah… Let her tag along. It’s the least we can do since we disturbed her to begin with.”

“Be careful with your words, Dovahkiin. Adventures may be easier and more fun with more people.. But then we also run the risk of endangering them if we are ambushed by more of your brother’s hired muscle. Although, you’ve come a long way since we escaped Dragonspire so perhaps we can protect these two with our powers together…. Just be on your toes.”

-A telepathic message from the dragon tied to his soul, as only Bolt could hear it obviously. Though, she will make it so that others can hear her as well if need be. The dragonborn knew Sorrilth was right, but played it off as if he wasn’t worried.- “I suppose what was supposed to be a two person adventure is now a three person adventure. Lead the way to Morgana, Mr. Map man.” -Bolt grinned at the silly nickname.-

A cheeky grin graces her delicate features before she jumps up in exuberance at her "win". it wasn't everyday that the cat got what she wanted. Now if only she could get a nice plate of tuna and this day would be just about perfect. "great! Ghosts are fun to play with...the kid ones not so much, but usually they are not as bad as most people make them out to be." She winks at the elf before skipping along the trail, her arms held almost comically out for better balance. 
she was a graceful and well balanced individual when she wanted to be, but most of the time she found that the less people think of her on sight the more she could pull off on them at a later date. what was that saying? The dumber/clumsier people thought you were the more surprised they would be when you kick them in the face? Her slim shoulders shrug slightly at the thought before she continued to skip along the path next to the two boys she had attached herself to for the time being.

A giggle escaped her at the new nick name of Mr. Map man. in her opinion maps were just a piece of paper with random doodles on it. They gave no real insight to where you really were or what you could be dealing with while there. Plus they always took away from the fun of finding out just where you landed. If truth were told, Uriel didn't have the foggiest idea of where she was located now. All she knew was that she was in a warm place with trees and plenty of food to track down when she grew hungry enough to find it. 

Alimar placed up his hands in defense. "I-I wasn't saying that she wasn't welcome to join us; I just wasn't sure how you felt about it," he explained as he rubbed the back of his head. "Nevermind it..." He wasn't doubting her in the least, and he agreed that adventures were much more fun with more companions. He simply remembered clearly that Bolt--to his knowledge--wasn't one to embrace newcomers to his party. Though perhaps that was because he was an elf? The poor lad's still sweating over the misunderstood gaze at the bar. His lips turned to a small frown as he quickly flipped up his hood and shaded himself from the sun. "Come, I must retract from the sunlight..." he seemed to grow lost in his thoughts as he gestured towards the forest nearby, his movements seeming suddenly quite tired. When they reached the edge of the forest, he took a small whistle from his neck and called a high-pitched tune. Silence followed and after a small moment, he called again with a fluctuation in tone.

As they waited, Alimar turned towards Uriel and gave a short bow. "Pardon my behavior, I am still learning outsider etiquette. You are most welcome to join us, though you may find yourself in some dangerous positions if you continue to travel with us. Is that alright?"

From the forest, a strong scream sounded in response to the whistle. The cries sounded close....and were getting closer. Alimar simply smiled as the sound of thunderous hooves and familiar bugles drew closer. From the forest burst one hell of a creature. Its massive weight crashed down upon the shady floor as it came leaping from the trees. Though not fully grown, this creature was one of magnificent mass. The closest picture to its description would be to a dire elk. Alimar unfearfully approached the creature and nuzzled into its fur in a joyous greeting. Several words were exchanged from the beast in an unfamiliar language before the creature cried out again with its staccatoed cries. Alimar laughed as he was scooped up onto the back of the beast by its nose, forcefully shoveling him on with a swift gesture. "My apologies for not walking with you," called down Alimar from the mount once he settled quite comfortably. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you came up along with me." The stag snort down at the others and shook its massive head, touching the bottoms of the tree tops with its antlers as it stretched out and pawed at the ground.

Edited by DoomSparkles