Rolynight

Unrequested reboot

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQJQtxxlF0JwtiFf5KkEJ

(This takes place in Elendaron- Seinaru Forven) 
The  wind's gentle touch made his  hair float as he was laying on the forest path unconcious.The woods were silent overrall, only the squeak of  little animals  could had been heard, and the  water's  movements in  the river nearby him.The  giant trees ,with their big crowns of leaves, let only certain parts of the  ground  touched by the sunlight.The branches were moving because of the wind.With a loud howl, the   branches let the light touch the  boy's  eyes, alas waking him up.
He put his arms over his eyes.He had suddenly woken up, he felt like he had just woken up from a dream, but he didn't really have any dreams, so the feeling was really strange for him.When the wind stopped, and he was covered from light again, he uncovered his eyes, and realised he was laying on the ground the whole time. He stood up, cleaning the dirt of his jeans and shirt. He looked around, no one, only him and some animals of the forest, hiding in the shadows, under the trees nearby.He had no idea what to do, where to go..  he didn't even know why was he there, or since when he had been  laying on the ground, unconcious.
"What is this place?", he asked himself,   wandering the  forest path:mushrooms, trees, flowers, bushes,snails.  He realised   he was in a forest,  but which forest, and where  was the exit? "I don't  even know who I am..",  he thought, while  looking at the river, mentioned before.There was a fallen tree on the edge of the river, he thought it would be a good idea to sit on it, at  least until  he would come into his senses.He walked there slowly, looking at the river, he  places himself comfortably on the improvised bench.
"What's my name?", he kept asking himself questions, for which he obviously couldn't find the answer.He started to search his pocket,and the only thing he could find was a  silver tag, with "Elliot Normin" written on it."So.. I guess my name's Elliot?Nice to meet myself..", he chuckled in his loneliness.
The ground started to shake, Elliot had a panic attack from that,  little could he do before he met his first friend, a giant red dragon,  nearby."Holly noodles!", he screamed.The dragon    let out a roar, looking  at the midget, he breathed fire in the air.That was the last thing for Elliot, because he ran away. The dragon didn't chase  him, suprising, to say the least, and he thought, "Today's youth is so judgmental. .. they see a dragon having their outbirst in the air and they run away.. thinking I could  satisfy my  needs with their tiny, little piece of meat..", the dragon thought.
Elliot was running like a maniac, the dragon so big he was still visible.He  took cover  behind a  tree, looking over the dragon from afar, making sure  it didn't follow him.

Tenebrous Light closed his eyes once more and breathed.

He let the sound of the ever-flowing brook fill him and then leave him with every breath he took and released. 

Ten was travelling throughout the realms looking for places he could meditate in so he could find the Heartrunes of every single element deep within the recesses of his mind and heart. It so happens that on his travels, he came upon this forest within Seinaru Forven in the realm of Tellus Mater. The moment he stepped into it and heard the sounds of nature around him almost immediately put his mind in a trance-like state. The woods were indeed a good place to meditate.

So now he was on the riverbank, legs crossed and eyes closed. Multiple runes surrounded the place where he chose to sit. They were runes that would protect him should he need it especially when he is deep within meditation and  can't react immediately. Everything was going fine. The real world was slowly going out of focus, sounds, senses and feelings slowly dulling until--

Until a roar and an ungodly shriek rang throughout the woods.

Ten snapped out of the trance with a "Wha-who?", wiping stray drool from his chin. Apparently he was falling asleep rather than falling in a meditative trance. He shrugged it off. There were some god days, I guess. He quickly picked up his staff and satchel laid down beside him and erased the runecircle with his leather shoes. Whoever, or whatever that was, it did not sound good. He ran deeper into the woods where he remembered the sound came from when lo and behold, a dragon stood with its back to him, huffing at a dust trail not too far ahead. Was it chasing something? Whatever the reason, it's best not to agitate a drag--Ten accidentally stepped on a stray twig.

Oh snap.

He looked down at his feet at the incriminating twig and then up at the dragon that was now looking at him like he was lunch and he thought to himself: "Well, bugger."

Ten did not waste any time, he quickly turned tail and ran behind a tree.

So what do I know about dragons? Well, except for their weakness which is their eyes, I don't know anything else.

He peeked out from behind the tree and saw another person on the other side of the clearing doing the same thing. It was a younger boy. Probably at his late teens. Ten signaled, fight or not?  

He observed the dragon in the middle of the forest-clearing sniffing out their locations.

It would not be long before their hiding place was discovered.

Ten prayed to Orelian, for good measure.

Elliot looked at the dragon in shock as it  turn his sight towards a stranger. He  sighed in relief, but quickly resumed his panic when  the stranger was close to him, thus  he was still in danger and needed to escape the dragon's grasp.. or fight the beast, but there was no way he could stand  his ground against a giant red dragon, able to spit fire.

The dragon roared, throwing his tail in many directions,making some trees fall on the  ground with loud noises,  breathing fire in many directions, each minute closer to them.Its teeth were really sharp and  numerous,  his tongue was invisible due to the bursting flames.His eyes were two green dots, big dots, filled with anxiety.He was looking for the two  fanatically.

Elliot watched, he was very afraid,  he understood the stranger's message, but  he knew he had no ways to fight, he was so suprised to see a thing like this for some reason, it was pretty unbelieveble."Escape.", he suggested. He was unsure  if that was a good idea,  the dragon would attack them in the instant they  ran away and left their hiding places.Elliot had no idea what to  do..."Maybe wait until  it goes away?",  he asked himself.Elliot look at some sharp stones  on the ground, the stones were really close to the two.

Ten moved to peek once more behind the tree they were currently concealed behind. As with Elliot, this is also the first time that the runesmage has encountered a creature such as the one stalking them as of the moment. In a sudden realization, Ten found out that he was more fascinated than scared of the dragon. (He was still fearful, nonetheless.) How would the dragon react to magic? How would magic react to the dragon? Is the creature developed enough to be sentient? What abilities does it have?

As a runesmage, Tenebrous Light has started his life engrossed in knowledge: scrolls, ancient tomes, one time even writing on a sacred tree. To be perfectly honest, these days, he was more of a travelling scholar than a combat mage. Don't get him wrong, the light mage could hold his own in a battle. He has faced more vicious opponents than the dragon and survived with his limbs still intact. But ignorance is a weakness and he would want to know what makes this dragon tick for future reference. (One couldn't be so sure he wouldn't encounter another dragon in his lifetime.)

He turned to his companion and whispered, "Quick introduction: Hi, I'm Tenebrous Light, a runesmage of light. I write stuff on the ground and stuff happen. Nice to meet you." He quickly extended his hand to the younger boy. "And no, I don't think I'd like to escape." Ten winked. 

"Do you know how to capture a dragon?"

"I have no idea... about many things.",Elliot replied, "So.. this thing is a dragon?", he asked himself in awe, looking at how big and fearful it was."My name is Elliot...Elliot Normin.", he replied, somehow even unsure about his own name.He looked at  the beast, which was getting more wilder and wilder, closer and closer.Elliot sighed at the nervousness, looking at the imagery of the dragon.

"That sounds like a pretty useful ability.",  he gave credit, even though he had no idea  about what "stuff" was Ten talking about."Do you think these really sharp stones might be useful?", he asked his new  companion, pointing at his findings on the ground.The dragon  breathed fire again, in the air.Elliot looked at  the   creature's unconvered eyes.He grabbed the sharp stones, waiting for  Ten to  respond. 

The situation was  a really  of a new type for him... actually.. it's the first situation he  remembered, he  couldn't recall anything. The only thing he knows he had woken up on the forest path, and  at the momment he was facing a  really big dragon that was about to have him for dinner, pressumably.

Ten blinked a couple of times at the boy's reply.

It seems like the younger boy genuinely means his words. He really does not seem to know a thing and even hesitated on enunciating his name. It would be detrimental to put the boy in danger now that he realized his mistake. What caught him off guard was the fact that Elliot has a strong aura about him that says a LOT about his inert abilities and Ten thought the boy was actively tapping into them.

The runesmage stroked his chin a couple of times. Maybe he has amnesia or maybe he ate the mushrooms around here. Either way, Ten should postpone his dragon-research and help the boy regain his memory--all in a safe pace away from the current apparent trouble.

Speaking of...

Ten poked his head from behind the tree once again,

Only to find a giant red tail hurtling towards his and Elliot's direction.

"Elliot! Watch out!" With a lot of effort, the runesmage dove towards the younger boy and pulled him low to the ground. He covered the boy's body with his as he watched both trees they previously hid in crack in half at the force of the dragon's tail. They had lingered too long, and now the dragon is angrier than ever.

He checked the boy under him. "Ellliot, are you okay?" Ten himself was quite a bit scratched. Apparently, he landed upon one of the sharp stones and received a short yet deep gash on the side of his arm. With a hiss, he covered the wound with his hand to stem the flow of blood.

Above them, though, the dragon stood menacingly, its mouth and nostrils slowly steaming, glowing increasingly orange.

Oh drat. He's gonna blow!

Overcome with urgency, Ten looked around for his staff to draw a rune of protection.

He saw the weapon a few feet away, back at the base of the now-fallen tree.

Double drat.

Desperately, he moved to search his pockets for a stray piece of wood to draw on the ground when his arm pulsed with pain, fresh blood dripping from it. His eyes widened. Thank Orelian!

He barely got enough time to draw a Rune of Barriers on the ground in front of him before the flames engulfed them both. Ten crouched over the boy as their surroundings were filled with orange, and light, and heat.

The hastily drawn symbol did succeed to protect them but its imperfection did give Ten a few burnt arm hairs.

"Elliot! We need to run, now!" He tapped the boy on the shoulder.

Edited by DmitriNoir

"Why would he defend a stranger?", he thought within himself. He was in total shock,he had no idea what to do, and he felt sory for Ten, he had to defend an useless potato with his actual body.Elliot felt the weight of the man's body  pressing against him, defending the teen from any  danger. 

"Come on! Think, Elliot!", he thought,  desperatly  looking around for something, for something that could damage  the dragon, but for what? What could possibly   hurt a such being? So tall, Elliot hadn't seen anything taller than that(or had he?).He looked at the stones once again, but had no time, the dragon had unleashed his fire at them, but somehow the fire didn't come close..

"Is the rune defending us?", he silently put the question, but maybe it  found  deaf ears,   the sound of moving fire  was way more louder than  Elliot's whisper.He decided something really reckless.. but he had no other option. He grabbed the sharp stone, and when the dragon's eyes were in his vision, he thrown the stone directly at  the beast's left eye.The dragon roared in pain, as a little blood dripped out of it, its  sight have been blurred, but for short time, although Elliot noticed the stone didn't come out.

"Let's  get out of here!", Elliot said,  touching Ten on his shoulder, only then he realised the man has been burned and  was bleeding,gasping internally at  his wounds.The dragon began to regain its  normal sight.

((Forgot to mention in my last post that the rune was written in his blood xD I figured, if he was going to write a magical rune in such a short period of time, it should be more powerful than normal or both of them would have been IMMENSELY sunburnt right now haha))

6 minutes ago, Rolynight said:

Is the rune defending us?", he silently put the question, but maybe it  found  deaf ears,   the sound of moving fire  was way more louder than  Elliot's whisper.

"Yes, yes it is. Thank our lucky stars I was able to use blood magic or we would have been toast--literally." Ten said through gritted teeth as the fire continued to billow all around them almost in a cylindrical shape. He was in pain--the tenderness of his arm from the burn as well as from the sting of the flesh wound came together to give him a hell of a lot of pain. The runesmage hissed as another drop of blood escaped the fingers that covered the wound. "That is how my magic works. I draw, stuff--like that--happen." At the back of his mind, Ten could feel the magic of the rune start to crack. Darnit. Just a little bit more!

He sighed in relief as the stream of flames came to a halt with an audible whoosh.

13 minutes ago, Rolynight said:

He grabbed the sharp stone, and when the dragon's eyes were in his vision, he thrown the stone directly at  the beast's left eye.The dragon roared in pain, as a little blood dripped out of it, its  sight have been blurred, but for short time, although Elliot noticed the stone didn't come out.

"Let's  get out of here!", Elliot said,  touching Ten on his shoulder, only then he realised the man has been burned and  was bleeding,gasping internally at  his wounds.The dragon began to regain its  normal sight.

"M-My staff!" Tenebrous Light gasped as they both stood up from their crouched position. His staff was very important to him. Not only was it made out of a very rare wood and specially crafted for him by a toolsmith he met on one of his countless journeys, but it contained in its tip a piece of Aurum or Gold chalk. Those were not really easy to come by and not that cheap either. "I n-need it. Flee! Run without me! I'll be fine." The runesmage pushed the younger boy into the path away from the dragon while he ran (limped) behind a nearby tree. From tree to tree Ten limped while he kept a close eye on the stunned dragon. He knows the distraction will not last long.

Already, the dragon was shaking its head to and fro, clearing its vision. With a deafening roar, it set its sights on Elliot's direction.

No!

Crap.

Just in time, he arrived at the base of the felled tree. There, under a lot of scattered leaves, lay his staff, the chalk on its tip glinting in the afternoon sky.

He picked it up and used it to support his weight as he walked slowly towards the middle of the path behind the dragon.

"HEY LIZARD! Over here!" Ten shouted and spread his arms.

Run, Elliot. Run! I'm buying you some time!

15 minutes ago, DmitriNoir said:

"I n-need it. Flee! Run without me! I'll be fine."

Elliot realised he could protest against that hours, days, or pehaps months, but he couldn't  make Ten change  his mind about him fleeing.The dragon charged towards him, and his head  at the ground.Elliot  ran backwards, and  evaded the  beast's  attack.He went in panic again, the dragon and him were  face to face.His breath, like a 10 mile/hour wind, pushed him towards a tree, his back hitting it hard, Elliot let a loud groan out.

21 minutes ago, DmitriNoir said:

"HEY LIZARD! Over here!" Ten shouted and spread his arms.

Run, Elliot. Run! I'm buying you some time!

Elliot realised he could protest against that hours, days, or pehaps months, but he couldn't  make Ten change  his mind about him fleeing.The dragon charged towards him, and his head  at the ground.Elliot  ran backwards, and  evaded the  beast's  attack.He went in panic again, the dragon and him were  face to face.His breath, like a 10 mile/hour wind, pushed him towards a tree, his back hitting it hard, Elliot let a loud groan out.

Elliot looked in horror as the beast changed its directions, and it target Ten instead.He had no idea how he could help, "Perhaps,I'd be more of a handicap for him, I just hope he can stand his ground against  this.. this.. whatever...",Elliot thought, his  wounded hand covering his  mouth.

He felt useless.. and  he knew this wasn't the first time.. even though he wasn't able to remember anything.. nothing.. it's like his memory was a  blackboard written with  many stuff  on it and  somebody  just   grabbed the sponge and decided it should be time to erase everything and start something new, rendering him a defenseless potato, or maybe he always had been a defenseless potato.

The last thing Ten saw before he got rammed by a fully grown dragon's head on his chest was Elliot looking a combination of lost, scared and confused. The runesmage had time to think, Poor kid. He's just an amnesiac young boy, and his first vivid memory is of my ass getting whooped by a thirty-foot lizard, before he was folded almost in half onto the dragon's head.

With an "Oof!" Ten put his arms around the creature's snout as it continued to charge with him on its head. Behind him, a tree rapidly came nearer. With all haste, he was able to scribble a Rune of Binding and a Rune of Immobility on the reptile's nose with the blood dripping down his arm and mutter a few arcane words*, before his back collided with the rock-hard trunk of said tree.

As he sat there and coughed up a small amount of blood, his vision darkening slightly at the edges. But he was able to smirk as the dragon slowly froze mid-pose. And would probably stay that way for quite some time. He looked up at the dragons head and saw the characters he drew glow a reddish hue, the magic in them making the creature lose any and all control of its body.

"Ow," was all he could mutter before resting his head back against the trunk. A few broken bones, a deep flesh wound, some burns and maybe a struck-down ego. What a nice day it was.

*Impedia Ignis Thanatosai

((p.s. sorry for the very late reply. I had a lot of stuff to do regarding school and related activities and I wasn't able to find enough time. Once again, I apologize xD)

Edited by DmitriNoir

5 minutes ago, DmitriNoir said:

Poor kid. He's just an amnesiac young boy, and his first vivid memory is of my ass getting whooped by a thirty-foot lizard, before he was folded almost in half onto the dragon's head.

"Oh my God!",Elliot screamed,not even knowing who was  had been  his God.He put his  left hand on his mouth already, like the useless potato he felt at the momment. "I guess  the first thing I'll hate from now are dragons..", he   said silently.

11 minutes ago, DmitriNoir said:

As he sat there and coughed up a small amount of blood, his vision darkening slightly at the edges. But he was able to smirk as the dragon slowly froze mid-pose. And would probably stay that way for quite some time. He looked up at the dragons head and saw the characters he drew glow a reddish hue, the magic in them making the creature lose any and all control of its body.

"Ow," was all he could mutter before resting his head back against the trunk. A few broken bones, a deep flesh wound, some burns and maybe a struck-down ego. What a nice day it was.

"How can I ever repay this? He put his ass in danger for  little old me.. holly shit..", he thought, wandering from where he could've learned such language.
Elliot watched in horror  as Ten could've barely made it from the dragon's grasp. He felt easy as the runesmage  managed to imobilise the beast, but  he frowned  deeply at the mage's wounds. He marched up to him, looking over  the deep gashes, and the possibly broken bones."All dragons, be damned!", he    said, whilst contemplating  the  wounds and the blood.

"Thank you.. I will be forever in your debt.. I guess..", he finally said after an awkward momment of silence,leaning down  on his legs.

Ten managed a shaky smile before consoling the boy, "Do not worry. You were my responsibility when I first met you. Since you do not remember a single thing, including your skills and abilities. I could not subject you to this while you were still virtually helpless." He looked down at his battered body and winced at his injuries. "You can repay me by taking the Lesser Healing Potion from my satchel," Ten groaned as he moved from accidentally sitting on his leather satchel, "for a little bit of it will probably help me until we find an inn close by."

After all this action is done, the runesmage would like a long, hot bath and probably a week's sleep, and maybe only then would he worry about helping the boy with whatever was the problem with his memories. A young boy like him with no memories whatsoever--except maybe his language since he was speaking coherently--would have a hard time going by life in this harsh realm.

Ten sighed at the possibility of him retraining the boy and helping him recover his muscle memory enough to remember his combat skills. And then he could finally merrily go his own way at best. At worst, they would be stuck together for an indefinite period of time--although not quite the worst, he found out he enjoyed having someone else to take care of ever since he's been travelling alone for most of his life. Maybe then, the other Altus Arcantian gods would grant him their element's Heartrune and his efforts wouldn't completely be without fruit.

One could only ever hope.

57 minutes ago, DmitriNoir said:

Ten managed a shaky smile before consoling the boy, "Do not worry. You were my responsibility when I first met you. Since you do not remember a single thing, including your skills and abilities. I could not subject you to this while you were still virtually helpless." He looked down at his battered body and winced at his injuries. "You can repay me by taking the Lesser Healing Potion from my satchel," Ten groaned as he moved from accidentally sitting on his leather satchel, "for a little bit of it will probably help me until we find an inn close by."

Elliot  sighed, easened,"Of course.. hang on, don't die.", Elliot said, rushing to the satchel.  He searched through  it fanatically, "How does it even look?You don't know?!", he thought within himself. He had no idea how  the potion looks like, "I guess it must be this one..I mean..it's green... Why the hell am I associating the color green with healing?", he continued the scolding.
Alas, he took  the green potion from the bag, and gave it to Ten. "Hope it's the right one..", he  mentioned,he hoped  Ten's state wouldn't be dire because of his foolishness."Bummer.. he would be in a better state now if I was able to  help.. but no..", he continued the internal scolding, frowning  slimely, looking at the wounds.
"Do you need help to stand up?I could support you when you'll be walking..", he asked."So.. let me  revise.. I've  woken up in a forest in the middle of nowhere,  met a dragon and a stranger, who  saved me..what now?", he  thought, he had  no idea what would come to him. He had to learn a way to defend himself, that was certain.

Guest TheMinecrafter

The smell of smoke from the flames was easily smelt through the human hybrid's nose. Arashi was able to pick up scents from a while away, after all, she was a hybrid of a dragon and a human with a bit of cat mixed into the fray. Walking through the woods, the draconian had noticed a dragon nearby. A fairly big one. 

Lifting up a huge boulder that the nearby dragon itself would probably able to lift up, she threw it at the dragon straight on, hoping it would at least notice Arashi, as she was half dragon herself. Dragons always seemed to want to have a fight with other dragons anyway.

Ten raised an eyebrow at the younger boy frantically riffling through his leather satchel. One corner of his mouth turned up. Tsk. He might not remember any apparent skills right now, but he is an enthusiastic helper. "That's the one." The runesmage spoke softly as the boy held up a vial of green, viscous liquid. He took it with shaking hands and downed almost half of it in one gulp. With a sigh, the light mage savored the warm, fuzzy feeling as well as the numbness the potion has affected him with. If one cared to notice, Ten's flesh wound closed itself, only a faint, reddish spot an indication that there was an incision there. His burns faded away, invisible only after a few minutes.

22 hours ago, Rolynight said:

"Do you need help to stand up?I could support you when you'll be walking..", he asked,

When Ten tried to move, his body twinged with a fading, yet sore pain. "Yes. I think I might need you to support me for a while." The runesmage smiled ruefully as the boy put his arms around him and moved him in an upright position. The pair skirted around the still-frozen dragon and proceeded down the road.

Above them, the sky was slowly turning a light shade of orange. Late afternoon, already? We better find shelter and fast, before we got stuck in the woods. Ten looked around and imagined how horrible this forest might get at the cover of darkness. He shivered and tried not to dwell on it.

They weren't even able to take two steps down the path when a loud "CRACK!" like something large being torn out of the ground reverberated somewhere behind them.

18 hours ago, Metty said:

Lifting up a huge boulder that the nearby dragon itself would probably able to lift up, she threw it at the dragon straight on

Looking back, Ten saw a huge boulder come hurtling towards the direction of the dragon. The large rock hit the creature and almost comically, the dragon toppled sideways and dropped to the ground limbs akimbo. It looked hilarious with its stiff limbs going every which way, and its massive body rocking back and forth from the force of the boulder's impact. If it wasn't for the threat of a possible enemy capable of throwing a boulder that size, Ten would have laughed.

"Who goes there?" He shouted in the direction of the tree-cover.