DoomSparkles

Three Unique Souls; Four Unique Adventurers

Three Unique Souls

For whatever reason, unknown to the many citizens of Morgana, it has been rumored that three very different ghosts have been causing a display of various scenes. While most people are petrified at the pale, almost human, yet transparent beings, their actions have brought great curiosity. The first ghost rumored has been chasing people, literally causing three deaths by simply touching them. A murderous touch plays with this soul that scares people away. The second ghost is a little girl, screaming in the middle of the night and crying. The disturbance draws many worried individuals to her aid, but the little girl disappears before anyone can help her. The last of which is said to be a mysterious one. Unlike the others, he is rather quiet and always on the move, as if hunting for something. His presence doesn't necessarily scare the other people away, for if anything, he appears to be a warrior trying to complete a noble task. Find these ghosts, these poor lost souls, and free them or stop them from causing any more chaos in Morgana.

Quest Reward: 150vB and the Band of Souls: Allows the wearer of this armband to summon one ghostly comrade that fights for you. The ghost can take form and shape to whatever the wearer desires. The band simply channels the souls from the world beyond to summon them here with us. The wearer of this band controls that ghost for a limited time. Most commonly summoned are the warriors for combat purposes or companions for those who simply need a friend. 

The night sky had just formed over the large and massive city of Morgana. The second biggest city in all of Orisia holds true to its nature of trade and bustling activity. Even as the sun sets on the horizon, the various people within Morgana seem to be wondering all around. Though some businesses were shutting down for the night, others were opening up. While Morgana wasn't exactly banging with the night life, the vampires and other nocturnal individuals would take charge to keep the city running like a well-oiled machine.

It seemed that the last few nights had caused quite the stir in Morgana. Talk had flooded the city in regards to the ghostly appearance of three very unique souls. The disturbances had put the city guard on alert, causing them to patrol more often and frequently than normal until the situation was resolved. Even with the heightened activity, there was simply not enough guards to cover the entirety of Morgana.

This quote was taken from Ayden's original posts and modestly edited to remove his character as he is unable to attend this quest.

The dark sky yet again enveloped the city of Morgana, shielding it in the beauty of the night. The night life seemed quiet as the day time creatures to wind down and shut down business to make way for the nocturnal creatures'. What one would think of a "ghost town" was not at all...well unless you had heard the rumors. The mostly peaceful, trade town had been recently plagued with a case of three restless souls that caused mischief around the town. From small noise complaints to three dead bodies found, these ghosts were becoming quite the handful. The town had been placed under extra security, but the guards still seemed to be on edge. Unease could even be seen on the townsfolk's faces as they got ready for their daily--or nightly in this case--grind. Patrols had been increased, yet no solution had been found. Too large of a town, too little number of guards.

With the main disturbance of the desert mainly sorted, one would think the guards of the city would see such a large golem trudging towards the city; however, the largely formed golem seemed to disappear like a sandman in the wind. In the end, there only appeared a boy, washed up on the sandy hills in a dust cloud of sand. He appeared unconscious and was soon spotted by the guards. They yelled and called for attention. They were more than likely used to seeing foolish people showing half dead at the foot of the city from the desert travels. Be it from misdistributed water or being attacked by the beasts within, they were well trained to handle the male's sudden presence and bring him to the inside of the walls for safety.

Meanwhile, 3 more travelers were spotted on the horizon, be they friend or foe to the found man was yet to be foretold. The guards were on edge as it was.

Edited by DoomSparkles
Formatting errors

Lucio marched forward, the cold beginning to catch up to him as he tried to hug himself to stay warm as he shivered his way through the desert. Not so far in the distance he could see their destination; Morgana. In the night, the crystal walls surrounding the city retained their shimmering glow, standing tall as a moonlit beacon in the middle of this god forsaken desert. At every short interval Lucio could see the small enterence-ways, each guarded by at least two guards, their sole purpose to protect the city from intruders. One such intruder was nearing the closest archway: the lumbering golem that Lucio and his friends were following. He definitely miscalculated how quick that giant mass of sand and rock can move. As it reached the entrance, it let down the elf it was holding onto the ground, still unconscious, despite the hours of travel. Lucio watched as the golems disintegrated, thanking his lucky stars that he wouldn't have to deal with that scary abomination any longer.

"Must be nice being carried all the way to Morgana, huh?" Luci managed between shivers. 

Deciding to insulate himself even more, Luci pulled his wings out, squeezing them under his shirt, and wrapping them around as much of his body as possible. "That reminds me, I don't think we really properly introduced ourselves. Or at least not since i joined. So from what I've seen, you Bolt, are part dragon? and you've got so much crazy cool magic!" Lucio stated as he pointed to Bolt on his right. Turning left, towards the catgirl this time "And you, Uri, are a cat-person who can teleport, and are super strong and agile! So am i right or am i right?"

-Bolt of course didn’t mind the cold when nightfall came peeking over the group of travelers, despite the fact he was shirtless. If anything, he should’ve been at least shivering but wasn’t. Upon being asked if he was part dragon by Luci, the dragonborn nodded.- “Half dragon, yes. But, the more technical term is Dragonborn. Meanwhile, you seem to be an Angel of some kind. Though… You may just be the weakest Angel I’ve seen.” -He didn’t mean for that to sound insulting in anyway, Bolt has only seen a handful of Angels and each one being in a league of their own.- “As for my magic… Well, that’s a story for a campfire.” -He grinned a little.-

-Those emerald eyes of his began setting their sites on the city of Morgana, the sight of it being a little breath taking in his opinion. The next thing he noticed quickly was the fact that the sand golem took its leave and the guards were quick to rush to Alimar’s side, most likely to treat to his unconscious state. With the threat of ghosts haunting the city, Bolt assumes these guards are going to be a wee bit paranoid so he takes the precaution of bringing himself back down to the earth and folding up his wings, walking the rest of the way towards the gates of Morgana.-

“We don’t mean any harm… We’re just looking for a quick place to settle in and let our unconscious friend rest up.” -This was said in the direction of the guards, as Bolt hoped they wouldn’t out right attack the rest of them from the get go.-

Although her clothing was not quite suited for the cold weather of the desert night, Uriel was moving around enough to generate enough heat that she wasn't found complaining. Sure she might as well only have half a shirt thanks to the back being torn into a web like strands of cloth over the years of wear and tare...But Uriel wasn't really a fashion forward kind of girl. She simply wore what was easy to get a hold of, and or easy to move about it. 
She slightly smiles at Lucio's question towards bolt. She had figured that part out a while back ago, but it was nice to actually hear that she was indeed correct in her assumptions.
When the lad turned toward her using that weird shortening of her name again, one of her ears twitch in irritation. "Uriel if you don't mind...shorting my name to Uri makes it sound as if I am some weird uncle that lurks around sheds offering candy to little children..." She winked at him with a grin. "Also strong i am really not. I use quite a bit of my ability to move about to work in my favor. As for the cat girl thing...i am not entirely sure what i am." She ponders for a while while walking along the two boys chewing her lip lightly in thought. "I sapose one could call me a blink cat if nothing else."

After some more time of walking the lad speaks up again causing a laughter to bubble up out of the girl. "maybe, but not moving around would let the cold seep though you and be even more cold on those bones of yours, eh?" She glances at Lucio and grins, her eyes catching and reflecting what little light they had in that weird cat like manner. 

Uriel would have continued her joking around with the lad, but then the crystal walls up close and personal caught her attention. Emerald eyes widen with surprise at the sheer massiveness of the walls, each seeming to sparkle even in the dim lighting. Dragging her attention off of the marvelous wall that she was itching to climb atop of, the lass watched Bolt simply walked up and addressed the guards standing ready at the massive gates of Morgana. It appeared that their dragonborn friend had the socializing with guards at hand, so she simply let her eyes wander along the expanse of the wall again in almost childish wonder while she waited for whatever was to come.

For a few minutes Luci completely forgot about the cold, he was in his own little world, listening to Bolt and Uriel's reply just stirred his mind full of all the amazing creatures and beings that he hasn't even imagined experiencing. His daydream was cut short by Bolt's comment about Luci's prowess. "Well yeah, I'm a nephilum I'm half angel, and angels age a LOT slower than humans do. So even though I'm 18 year old, im still a bit of a baby when it comes to my angel side. Hence the small wings, and pretty weak magic." 

One of these days I'll properly grow into my angel side, its just gonna take a while... Hopefully by then ill have met my dad, theres quite a few questions i have to ask him about this whole angel business. 
"Sorry about shortening your name Uri..el. I still gotta find a nickname for ya though, 3 syllables is just way too long for a name" Lucio was frowning at this point trying his best to think of a nickname that wouldn't offend the catgirl. "What about Blink? Short and sweet!" Lucio giggled at his suggestion as he looked over to Uriel, awaiting her response. 

While Lucio was talking to Uriel, Bolt had already reached the front of the gate, and began talking to the guards. Judging by their appearance and how they rushed to help Alimar, Luci knew they wouldn't have much trouble getting into Morgana and finding a place to stay the night. Suddenly, Luci realised that he actually had no idea what they were to do in this city. The initial message he saw posted on the quest-board just said Ali needed companions to help him over there. He hadn't really thought of what would happen when he got there. Saddened by the possibility of this being the end of the line with his new group of friends, Lucio retracted his wings slowly and silently marched over to Bolt's side. 

The guards looked over the three with cautious eyes. One guard began to take charge and spoke up, "That elf is your friend then?" She seemed to be one of the seasoned guards. "What is your business in our fair city of Morgana? Do you plan to rest them continue on? Or do you plan to stay?" the guard continued questioning, careful not to give away the tense air inside the city.

A man walked forward to place a hand on the female's shoulder. "Did you forget your manners in your age, Victoria? These people are fair guests of our city. We shall welcome them with arms wide."

She promptly slapped his hand away. "I am no hag raging with dementia! I am 47-years-old--still quite young and I'll flip you over your boots swifter than a viper if you keep talking like that," the woman spat sourly.

The man, decorated in a manner of higher rank pat her shoulder and evade another one of her blows. "Good to see your spirits are as sharp as your tongue." He turned and waved for the rest of the guard to return to their posts and stop staring. He then approached the group and smiled. "Greetings, my name is Arthur. I can show you about the town if you like once day breaks. Come, you must be tired." the male turned on his heel and waved for them to follow.

“Yes, the elf is our friend. He just needs some rest, that is all…” -A brief pause as Bolt looks over the guards for a moment, then over to the rest of his pals.- “In fact… All of us could use some rest.” -That battle with the bounty hunters exhausted everyone and he knew it. A place to at least rest their legs and regain their strength is all they needed. A tavern hopefully and possibly a shirt for the shirtless dragonborn since his last one was blasted off him to kingdom come. When they were approached by the rather edgy looking and sound female guard, Bolt zipped his mouth shut so he could refrain from saying anything rude. Though, he did grin and chuckle silently when the other guard came up and asked if she had forgotten her manners. Which resulted in her throwing a fit. Classic.-

“Yes.. Thank you, Arthur. And being shown around this lovely town would be nice once we’ve allowed our bodies to rest.” -The dragonborn began following the guard into the town while his mind drifted elsewhere…. So, what exactly were they in for here? Unhappy ghosts causing terror within this city? Very little details were given to all of them about this odd mission and Bolt was very wary of what was to come. Hopefully they can all make it out in one piece…-

The tidal wave of questions from what sounded like a grouchy older woman caused a grin and an amused twitch of Uriel's ear while she continued to marvel at the wall. If the town had this, then what else amazing lingers behind the crystalline walls? Her head turns back toward the gate at the sound of a hissy fit being thrown...and the talk of tossing someone over their shoulder was worth some attention. Who knows? Maybe Uriel could learn some new way of flipping a person/thing twice her size over her own shoulder in an amusing way. 
She smiles up at the lady guard and nods in agreement at her statement. The lady was older looking for sure, but she still had a that inner fire burning bright.
"rest sounds good. A plate of tasty fish sounds a bit better." Uriel states after Bolt's statement of rest. As if to add emphasis to her statement, her stomach let out a soft growl as she trailed after Arthur and Bolt. She worried about their elvin companion, but assumed if Bolt didn't seemed too concerned then the leader to their shenanigans would be fine....ish. There seemed to be all sorts of people and things here too look into in this city...or so she gathered from what she had heard from others while roaming about before the raining elves incident. Special walls, cursed statues, different races co-mingling in a somewhat harmony....and to top it all off, a ghost mystery of sorts.
Ghosts roaming about town seemed like something amusing to look into, even if it could be a tad bit dangerous for a close range "fighter" like herself. All things considered, the cat lass was looking forward to seeing how both Lucio and Alimar would react to whatever the spectral beings tossed at them. 
"sooooo besides that awesome wall you folk have here, anything of particular interest you got going for this place?" she questions Arthur in a genuinely curious tone after a pause in conversation flow. 

Lucio was in cruise control for the majority of the coming interactions. He barely took heed at the quarrel between the two guards, and just decided to follow suit when he noticed his group leading the way into the gem covered city. As they walked through the streets to wherever they would be staying that night, Luci's fatigue really started to be quite apparent. The city itself was quite magnificent, humans and creatures of all species bustling around on foot or on horseback despite it being the dead of the night. As they moved it seemed most of the trading shops they passed had closed down already, as the patrons were collecting their merchandise and heading home for the night. Had Lucio been in his right mind he would be a kid in a candy store, marvelling at the populous and the impressive infrastructure. 

Looking over at the rest of the crew, they all seemed deep in their own thoughts, possibly as tired as he was. That was until Uriel broke the silence with her question, her voice bringing Lucio back to reality and back to fiddling with the coins in his pocket. Uriel's question was quite apt, he thought. Although he could see theres a lot going on around them, he still needed to know what they needed to do here. To pass the time and make up for lost coins, Luci decided to entertain their guard and tour-guide, Arthur. Slowly, he drifted over to the tall buff guard, leaned into him and whispered "Wanna see a magic trick?" before withdrawing a coin from his pocket. Lucio placed the coin onto his left palm, and softly pressed it onto the guard's chest, meanwhile charging a second coin behind the guard's back. In a swift motion, Lucio pressed his left hand firmly onto the guard, withdrawing his right hand from behind the guard at the same time to reveal the second glowing coin. Lucio attempted to give the illusion of the coin going through the guard as he sneakily withdrew the original coin, still in his left hand, but now also fully charged, placing them both back into his pocket. Finally, he gave a quick wink to the guard and walked back in line with Bolt and Uriel.

"Your elf friend is fine, I assure you. Our healers are wonderful here and are tending to him now. His wounds were not too bad, we assumed just too much sun got to him. He should be fine by the morning sun. When he wakes, I will send for someone to come fetch you. " He pursed his lips in thought before giving a slight nod to himself. "Sure enough, right this way. I shall show you the way to the best inn in town--trust me, I've had to lay there a few days myself," Arthur boast as he gave a light chuckle. "I'll set up an appointment for in the morning for us to meet after you get some breakfast in you and shake the sleep from your eyes."

With the rest of the guards fading out into the background, Arthur was left to lead the rest of the party into the night life of the city. The guard was a bit over average height with swept back dark locks, piercing gray eyes, and a deep scar across his face from the left of his forehead to his right cheek bone and another slightly more faded scar just under his lower lip. Despite his scars, he seemed almost youthful, not possibly past his thirties. He was clad in armour; however, amongst the people he seemed very friendly, smiling tenderly and waving at them, knowing each of their names and making small talk amongst them as they passed. It was clear he had close ties with the city.

They sauntered through the almost groggy town, he taking the lead a few paces ahead of them with a steady, confident stride. He turned his attention to Uriel with a blink and chuckled. "Well, you're in luck little lady, for this desert city actually has quite the supply of fresh fish. As for attractions, there are a few places of interest I'd like to show you, though I suspect you will likely wish to see them when you have a bit more charge to your bodies and the sun gleams off our beautiful walls," he laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I am actually not a night owl myself, but since the commander has his plate full, I am filling in where I can. After I show you all to the inn, I plan on heading home myself for some R and R. I can't express how wonderful my bed sounds right about now..." he said with a groan. 

Almost tripping as the young boy jumped in front of him, he came to a stop with his tired gray orbs fluttered a moment. He watched with confusion as he played out his trick. His mind wasn't running to full capacity as it took him a moment to react. Though he soon smiled and ruffled his hair. "That's a nice trick, my boy," he complimented with a crooked smirk before he shifted off to the side to continue walking.

It wasn't too long after that the group arrived at the tavern. Arthur gestured out towards the building with a smirk. "There she is, tall and proud. The Broken Plank." The building was tall, around 3 stories to be exact and nestled in the shadow of what was an even larger building. The surroundings looked...a bit worn, older buildings scattered around the tavern, which also appeared to have seen better days. Though all the same the scent of alcohol was strong as the busy hum of the tavern lighting to life in the night's breaking. Arthur offered a meak grin. "I know it doesn't seem like much, but the folk here are wonderful. Trust me, they'll take good care of ya. Tell them I sent ya." He pat the backs of Uriel and Bolt as if to usher them inside and gave a cheeky wink. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be off to caress my beautiful seductress, sweet, sweet Slumber. G'night to you all." He gave a two fingered salute before sauntering off with a hand on his belt near his sheathed sword, a soft whistle following him.

At the news of their elvin companion being treated by some healers a soft sigh of relief sounded from the cat lass. Although she had not known him for long, she had grown rather fond of the friendly elf boy and hopes to learn more about him while exploring about the land. Uriel made note of both to keep a better eye on the lad as well as ask him where he learned to use a whip the way he did. She never got the chance to really sit and watch his fighting, but what she did catch was fascinating and unique for the parkore fighter such as herself. 
An even larger smile produces itself on her face at the mention of a vast amount of fish. She planned on dinning till she burst if that was the case...she hopped that what coin she did have could cover the cost of it. Once fed, she would flop down in the nearest free warm spot she could find and then pass out till she woke up from whatever food induced coma she could land herself in. All that was required was that fish. Her mouth salivated at the thought and she let a small purr of excitement escape before schooling herself back from lala land in time to see Lucio pull off yet another of those coin tricks he did. Uriel still did not quite know why the smallest of the boys did that all the time, but at this point she jotted it down as one of his possible many quarks she had yet to reveal. 
Emerald eyes gaze up at the tall building with amusement. The name seemed strange for a tavern to her, but who was she to truly judge? as long as the prices were good, and place warm a traveler can't really ask for much more. She waved at Arthur as he casually saluted, "niiiiiight see you when you get back from that seductress of yours." 
with that she turned and winked at Lucio and oppenned the door with a grin. "Shall we? I can hear the sweet siren called food and sleep from here and boy is it singing how delicious the fish will be."
Without waiting for a reply she stepped into the building with a soft laugh and sauntered to where she could finally procure her food. 

She found using Arthur's name did indeed help with the hospitality quite a bit. No sooner than had she spouted off his name that a wide smile and a knowing nod was given to Uriel by the person at the bar. In a matter of minuets she had managed to not only get a room for the three of them, but a table with enough food to somehow feed them well enough for the night and still have at least a silver or two left over in her pouch. A feet indeed for the feline who usually found moth balls in place of coin. "so I got tonight for all of us, we can figure out what to do for the next night if we end up staying longer and after we pick up our fair elf boy" She chuckles brightly as she slid the room key on the table. "I for one am going to go out for a brisk walk to burn off all the food i just stuffed down my gullet...then head up to the room to pass out. See you boys when I get back!" 
With that said, Uriel lightly sprung up from her place and skipped out of the tavern with her usual Cheshire grin in place and eyes twinkling with the thought of exploring a new place. It didn't take long for the feline to find herself perched upon one of the many rooftops of a building gazing across the town. A light breeze tousled her raven locks as she turned her head to gaze round the town. Her ears twitched and turned while listening to the soft hum of the residence dwelling in the streets below. A town that never slept? that was a new one. With a light spring Uriel lept from her perch and dashed to the edge of the building before eyeing her next target of interest. a higher building with a view of some strange statue near the edge of town. with a spring and a blink she appeared on the edge of her intended target place, a well supported window ledge, before jumping up and grabbing another ledge above her and pulling herself up to that one. She repeated this motion a few more times before flipping to the roof of the building and shaking away at the dust and cobwebs she accumulated in her jaunt up the building.  Sighing softly she settled down on the edge of the roof, her legs crossed as she peered at the statue. what story did this thing hold, and why was it here off to the side of town rather than in a more prominent area? Questions seeped into her mind as she sat letting her mind wander off to god know where as she sat in the silence. 

The tavern was filled with gleeful music and loud and hardy laughter of hard working men and women, celebrating a good day's work. Or perhaps drowning themselves from a bad day's work. Either way, the inn made coin from their fates and catered to their needs. "Aye, I'll take care of ye, but you must tell that devilish man to come pay me a visit now, ya hear?" the bar maiden grinned with healthy glowing cheeks and wiped her hands clean on her apron before calling to the cooks a round of orders to set the group up for the night.

The night's activities bubbled almost as much as the bar's quarters, shuffling and turning similar to the day time as the city pressed on, though it still seemed a bit groggy as the nightly "morning" began. The statue of the fair lady stood tall in the distance, proud yet forgotten. The night's wonders continued on that night until it was deeper into the night. Just as the thought of crawling back down from the roof top to her welcomed bed at the inn, she heard something strange. Perhaps a clang of a hammer? No, this was much different. Metal hitting metal. But before the lass can grow too close to the scene, the sound ceases and the two figures she can only swear she saw were there just the moment prior to her leap down, are gone.

Alimar wakens from his slumber, head a bit dizzy. He wakes to an unfamiliar place and finds himself surrounded by people he does not know. When having the scene explained to him, he hums for a moment. It seemed nothing was wrong with him, he just needed a bit of rest. The elf thanked the group and gave a grateful bow. They laughed at his attempt to pay them for their efforts, shrugging him off before giving direction to his comrade's positions. He offered an awkward smile and bid them adieu before jogging out towards the inn. Though a similar event happened to him as he stroll through the nightly town. A childish scream filled the air, followed by immense crying and whining. Hearing it was close by, he rushed to the scene, only to see a crouching girl at the foot of a statue fade from his very sights without a trace. His eyes widened with disbelief as he slowly approached closer to the statue in awe.

Sleep in a warm nest of blankets sounded like an excellent plan for the cat lass as she let out a massive jaw popping yawn while stretching languidly from her perch. It was then that she heard an odd noise that seemed well out of place; even for a place such as this one. Black ears swivel to capture the sound better trying to deduce what it was and the direction it was coming from. Soon Uriel found it sounded as if someone was striking metal upon another metal object. Odd considering that the only metal ringing she had heard earlier was that of the old blacksmith some distance away. This sounded different that that though. Emerald eyes narrow into slits as she tilts her head and lightly bites her lip in concentration, pinning the source of noise down. She had thought she had pegged the source, but no sooner had she lept from her perch to land softly on the ground below the noise ceased. A mewl of confusion and slight irritation escapes the young lady as she looks about for what had captured her attention. "weeeelllll that was a thing....wonder what that was about?" 
With a twitch of her tail-tip and quick turn of her heel she went to head back to the inn, when a certain elf boy caught her sight. A bright relived grin graced her features as she jumps up to Alimar and tackle hugs him with a laugh. 
"Alimar! Good to see you up and about! Fancy seeing you here under the creepy statue of creepy-ness...considering all the weird stuff happening round and about." 
She nuzzles the elven boy affectionately before her ears twitch in remembrance. "Also, that whip stuff you did was cooler than an ice preserved tuna."