Sign in to follow this  
Paradise

--H-Hock-Hockey Dough?? [OP]

The moonlight radiated down upon the land, a faint jingle traveled through the air with each new step taken by this young woman. The kunoichi paused for a second, looking from the left then back to the right; closing this beautiful crimson eye's, she began to focus her chakra energy sending it out from her body in small pulses.

For those who didn't understand the Chakra arts, it could be best described as a form of echolocation; anything trapped within the radius of Hana's chakra waves would be noticed instantly, no matter how skilled they were. Opening her eye's, turning her attention towards the south and facing away from those waves.

"He has finally arrived, i guess the mission will begin shortly..great."

Kyoshiro, Hana's last partner was a complete asshole, truly the definition of arrogant prick. Ryoma, was the name that had caught Hana's attention when she glanced over the paper holding the information about this young man. Ryoma was four years younger than she, which would give Hana an uneasy emotion. Sighing yet again, Hana would patiently wait for this young mans arrival and how interesting the first meeting would be.

With her right hand, the female would reach into the medium sized pack that rested on the lower portion of her back, with one graceful movement her fingers would wrap around a small red pellet. Releasing the pellet from her fingers and tossing it into the open air, the Jezebel would catch this form of medicine in her mouth and begin to chew and grind it until nothing but little particles could be felt. Swallowing the finely grind of pellet, Hana turned her attention towards the sky, wrapping her fingers into the knuckle portion of her blade. Giggly even louder as her fingers slipped into 'Amor', she glanced over at the blade; admiring how the brass knuckles and blade were customized into one.

"Don't fail me now, Love."

Edited by Paradise

Finally, a mission, directly from the Rings themselves. It was a glorious, dark night.

Somewhere nearby was his contact. All his note had told him was that this woman he was going to work with was the senior member of the duo: He was to defer to her experience. Extended spying was easy, especially when your boss was thousands of miles away and didn't talk to you more than twice a year. This would be a learning experience for Ryoma. He hadn't taken a mission since he was fourteen. Working the field again. What a rush. But the moment for such a distraction wasn't now. Ryoma just heard a sound...something metallic. Whatever it was, it meant some one was nearby.

He was perfectly still, even slowing his breathing and pulse so that the sounds they created would fade away. There, in the alley way to the south! A grinding, but wet. Like someone was chewing on something hard, like old bread or some sort of pill. Yes. There she was. The cloak was a dead giveaway. It must be his contact.

Still, years of living with secrets had made him cautious. He moved slowly at first, but something in her stance was different. Confident almost. So after about twenty steps he stopped trying to be stealthy and just walked up to her.

Bowing slightly, Ryoma spoke in his own modest baritone, "Setsamaru Hana, it is my honor to work with you. I happen to know of a modest tavern where we could speak freely, if such a comfort would be preferred?"

Ever the charmer, Ryoma stood, smiling, and held out an arm.

Edited by SCO

Staring at the man with those Vibrant Setsamaru eye's, strong enough to pierce into this mans soul and learn every little detail about him. Hana turned to face towards this man, placing her soft hand into his, gripping and giving this man a gentle yet rather demanding squeeze. Hell hath no fury like a womans scorn, is how the old saying went; Ryoma would be wise to follow this saying for the next twenty-four hours. For if he had failed Hana and the Akatsuki, she would make his stay hell until she felt otherwise.

"I see you've been doing your homework, boy. As you stated, My name is Setsamaru Hana. I believe you're..Ryoma?"

The elegance and tone of her voice was powerful enough to make even the strongest willed men fall to there knee's. Hana began to wonder, what abilities that lurked within this mans spirit and how much damage was he capable of doing, so many questions with such little time. The female had smiled at the thought of this man being charming rather than being arrogant like the last partner she had, Kyoshiro. Hana waited patiently for Ryoma to begin leading the way to this tavern. Blinking a few times, then looking around the surrounding area; silence had filled her ears and whispers of the creatures living in this area began to be picked up; listening to the noises each exotic animal made.

"After you, Ryoma."

Oh, this was going to be bad, very bad indeed. It seemed that Hana sensed weakness. The stare that could kill with eyes to die for, the smile more full of snide amusement than of accepting pleasure, the silent moment after her question. Well, let's play it up. She wasn't used to him yet, it would be a while until she figured out that he was a very good actor. The smile just couldn't help but form. Hey, what did that matter. She would just think that he thought she liked what he was doing.

Returning the grip, Ryoma kept smiling. "Well...Hana, just walk with me. It isn't a long walk to this tavern, but the alley ways aren't the best route." He began to walk away, leading the woman along. A few steps though, and a thought occurred to Ryoma. "Actually, that cloak isn't the best thing to wear out in public. Perhaps another outfit would be better? Do you have anything else?"

The thought of Hana's reaction was yet another reason to smile. Seems like every other thought was cause for a smile. But at least this one was correct. Terrenus already knew enough about Akatsuki actions, they didn't need to know about an agent meeting some ordinary looking man in the seediest district of a border town. Low profile was the first thing a spy would want to maintain. Proves to Ryoma this woman was not worthy of being a Blue Lantern. Vanguard most likely. She didn't look like a Red Blade; she wasn't carrying a big enough weapon, and she definitely was more subtle than those fools. Yeah, Vanguard. Which meant the Rings thought an information mission might go badly. Which was good for Ryoma. Always good to learn more about the non-Ring members of the Akatsuki. To know the competition. And yet...

Somehow, Ryoma just knew he was going to like working with this woman. A lot.

Blinking a few times, Hana would yet again listen and take this mans reasonable words, releasing herself from her Akatsuki cloak; folding it into a small triangle and placing the article of clothing in the small pack attached to her lower back. The Attire that now remained consisted of a pair of tight lower cut shorts and a small sleeveless t-shirt that said 'Hime' across the breast, written in pink glitter of course.

A bounce.

Shake.

And few steps taken.

Hana had continued to follow this young enthusiastic man, standing next to him and looking forward as they walked through this silent area. Hana, was considered one of the most gentle of Akatsuki, her monotone voice and gentle ways of healing allies, she indeed was kind hearted. Releasing a band that rested arond her wrist, Hana had placed her hair into a bun, the bangs that remained hung across the right side of her face; covering her eye every once and a while. The woman continued her elegant strut before speaking to Ryoma.

"So why did you join the Akatsuki...if you don't mind me asking?"

Although this was a question that Hana absolutely wanted an answer for, it wasn't the main one. In all reality, she had wanted to ask the man what skills did he learn and what village was he from..but..Hana had learned from Itazuki, that these questions were not wise and shouldn't be talked about in public. Hana reached behind her, shifting 'Amor' to the left a few inches, it was pinching her should blade as she walked. That fuchsia hair radiated as the light shined upon her, the female appeared to be an angel from the heaven's. Hana also considered herself the REAL angel of the akatskui.

Tch..

It was an interesting question, especially coming after such an obvious distraction. And it was very probing. Itazuki had told Ryoma back when he joined that people will ask him this question, and that he should have an answer ready. To Ryoma, it was nothing more than another cover story. A good spy had many of these. Now was the time to let it fly...and to probe back. Information was as important as food to Ryoma.

Ryoma had to slow down for a moment to let the woman catch up to him after she removed the cloak. While he did, he replied to the question. "Mind? We each would be remiss to not ask the other. Learning about each other will allow us to work together better." By this time, Hana had caught up to him. She was fidgeting with something, but right now, it would just be a distraction. "I came to the Akatsuki to learn, to grow, to be better. Where else in the world can you find such a group of powerful nin? Not in the villages. They were stifling. No growth to be had."

He looked at her as they exited the alley way. Ha. What an interesting effect the lights from the street had. Almost looked like a halo was formed over her head. Excellent health to have hair that glossy. Another fact to file away in that trap of a mind. Kaioru had taught him to never stop learning. To never stop gaining knowledge. Time to learn some more.

They had travelled around 100 feet by the time he spoke up again, probing. "And yourself? You seem to be a person confident in themself. Perhaps you could tell me why that is so?" It was an obvious attempt, but sometimes, the simplest path was the most effective.

It wasn't too much further to the tavern. Hopefully, Hana would open up after they got there. She was certainly trying hard enough now to keep him in the dark. And damn that shirt. The glitter was going to be distracting.

That gentle and warm personality would begin to kick in around this time, the soft-spoken woman brushed her right hand against her bangs as they walked together. Hana quietly walked next to Ryoma, listening to his explanation of why he had joined the Akatsuki. Hana disliked the answer that he had given, the Jutsu that she'd learned were because of the village; but it did forbid her from manipulating those magnificent sources of power that she had acquired. The silent tone and gentle nature would show, as Hana would begin to speak.

"The villages teach you a lot, although you are a rogue shinobi you shouldn't disrespect the land that you came from..no matter the terrible acts that they've committed..."

It was in Hana's nature to be polite and not disrespect this man at all, unless he provoked her in the wrong way of course. Giggling and closing her eye's and the obvious question that Ryoma had thrown out from his vocal chords. Hana would tilt her head, giving him the answer in which he desired. "Why am i confident? I am confident because i know where i come from and the talents that follow me, although i may not be the strongest member of the lower ranked Akatsuki i am a very dangerous opponent."

Hana hadn't yet given the man the entire answer he desired, she personally believed that showing him why would have more of an advantage than speaking the words to him. Looking forward, Hana had spotted the tavern..it was rather close and looked comfortable; hopefully the service at this place wasn't terrible.

"There is no disrespect. Just disappointment. There are numerous shinobi littering the villages, many with great talent and potential, but it goes nowhere because those with the capabilites to help don't. But we'll have to hold this conversation for another time. As I understand it, this is your first time in Terrenus. There are some rules of ettiquete in the underbelly of any Terrenians city that you should know. First, don't order a drink. Just sit down and look for the ugliest old woman in the place and nod at her. She'll get you the nearest thing to beer. Second, sitting in the deepest darkest corner means you want people to listen to your conversation. We'll sit at a table or two away from that corner. Third, don't look at the others in the bar. Just...don't." As he finished this speech, they reached the door to the tavern.

They entered the bar. It was as he expected, dark and smoke filled. The dim fire was dying a slow death, embers trying to light a room far too big for the fireplace, but far too small for the amount of people in the place. Hana's bright clothing attracted some attention from the occupants, but they quickly turned back to their own drinks and thoughts. There was a small table open roughly half way between the door and the darkest corner. Ryoma started for there, hoping Hana would remember the rules he laid down.

As he sat down, he resumed their talk. "As for the confidence, I'm glad for you that you feel that way. It will make you much the better for it. I know myself I can keep myself just fine. It's just that working with others is not something I've done for a long time."

Ryoma was starting to feel bad. He wasn't smiling now. The charm was disappearing also. His edge was showing. He needed some spark.

Walking behind Ryoma, elegance and confidence with each step taken, focusing on nothing but the partner bestowed before her. Hana began to think to herself, wondering how many of these pathetic persona's located in this tavern. Terrenus, it was an interesting land and didn't seem to satisfy Hana at all, the customs and people within this area were rather different than those located in Genesaris.

Admiring the words of Ryoma and the way he had spoke down upon her, although it might not have been meant to be taken in that way. Running her fingers across the tight fitted pink t-shirt, looking down at the glittery portion located across her breast. Sitting at the table and crossing her legs, she stared towards Ryoma, those eye's flickered faintly as they adjusted to the dim light.

"Well get used to it...you'll be working with people a lot more often.."

Pushing the bangs from across her face, she'd giggle and play the role of a regular 'ol girl, traveling with a friend. Quickly scanning the room, not making eye contact with the people in the tavern, she'd begin to wonder how long this mission was going to take.

OOC: Okay, eight posts of messing around has gotten a bit boring. Time to advance the actual plot. Also, I know it's short, but I'm going to make you advance the plot now.

Well, she was right. He should start getting used to working with people again. The Rings told him when they gave him this assignment that he wouldn't be doing many more long term spying missions. Perhaps it was time to actually start working on this one. The quiet flirtations the two of them had been exchanging were fun, but business was business. Time to get to work.

Ryoma had looked up and signaled for a drink. Turning back to his partner, he ignored the charm and broke right into a serious look. "I was told very little about this mission. Simply put, I know I'm working with you, watching members of a family named Hokkaido. Other than that, I know very little." Of course that last bit was a lie, but how was Hana to know that. Ryoma knew everything she did, and probably more.

The drinks arrived. Ryoma handed over a few local copper bits, and then took a deep swig of the awful brew. Bitter, but not as bitter as Hana appeared to be about being given a 'new recruit' to work with. How little she knew.

Please, who did this kid think he was? "I was told very little about this mission. Get the fuck outta' here, Itazuki wasn't that ignorant and would always fill in the operatives with all the information that was needed, Who did this man think she was? Rolling her eye's and putting both hands upon the table; tapping her fingers across it one at a time. The flirtations that were being made were just for shits and giggles of course, Hana had only been attracted to one member of the Akatsuki and he was a complete dick head, what a fuckin' mistake on her part.

Shaking her head slightly and suddenly deciding to fidget with her drink, running her fingers down the glass. "They didn't fill you in? That sure doesn't sound like Itazuki, wonder what the deal was? As you said, we are dealing with the Hokkaido; a family known for being fuckin' brutal killers in the past. If there was one thing you did know, no matter where you come from...don't fuck with the Hokkaido. All you need to know is, be very quiet and don't get spotted, the Hokkaido aren't the friendliest people, so don't provoke them in any way."" Chills were sent down Hana's spine at the thought of facing one of those Hokkaido in battle, she probably wouldn't mind the idea if it came down to it; but the thought as of now quiet frankly put fear in her heart.

Sighing a bit, Hana would turn her attention back to the partner placed before her, she had hoped this man wouldn't get killed in the process or put her life in danger.

"When you finish that 'drink', we'll start searching for the Hokkaido."

Looking back up towards Ryoma.

Edited by Paradise

"Humph. Seems like you weren't told much more than me. And fighting them is the very last thing I have in mind." Hana didn't need to know that Ryoma did his own research on the Hokkaido well before he even met her, past that what Itazuki had informed him. He knew that this family would serious screw with even the Red Blades, and in a straight fight would definitely kill Ryoma. He had no intention of ever getting in a straight fight with anyone though, let alone a Hokkadio.

And now Ryoma knew how far he could push her. More information. Her temper was centered on the fact that she thought him an underling well below her skill set, even more so since he was being very overt. Especially with his lies. Well, now that he had his character, it was time to play the part. Ryoma was going to milk this moment for everything it was worth. And this bitter brew. It wasn't all that bad, actually. Not that he hadn't had better, because he had, quite a few times. Tian brews were good, but Caspar had the best brew by far. Ryoma wished he could go back to Caspar. Big city like that, he could hide forever and a day there.

Anyways. The brew was almost finished now, and the steam could practially be seen seeping out of Hana's head by now. "Alright, I'm done with this swill. Come on, follow me. They've got a martial school on the road a little northwest of here, on the way to the next city. Won't be hard to miss."

Edited by SCO

[OOC: This post is just to bring this topic up on New Threads, so that RJ will see it. Please ignore it.]

Stepping up from her chair even before Ryoma throught of leaving, Hana had already turned her attention towards the entrance/exit of this rather dull building, she had already knew what the man was going to say even before the words were released from his lips. Licking her lips slightly she would set foot outdoors, tapping her fingers against eachother, a faint shockwave traveled in the surrounding, it seemed although they were walking into a dream; exhaling..a blue aura escaped from her mouth.

Hana pressed the palm of her hand against her lips, seconds before exhaling and releasing the chakra energy into the air, it had already begun. She could feel the chakra and life force of every living creature within a five milde radius. This was one of the reasons that Hana had been such an asset towards the Akatsuki group, she would be useful once the time to hunt Jinchuuriki came around, much more useful than that bitch Karin. Popping her neck and awaiting the arrival of Ryoma, she patiently tapped finger fingers against her face, something had been bothering her ever since they'd entered this new land.

"Ryoma"

Hoping that the younger man had already caught on to what Hana had noticed, her eye's would shift all across the land hoping to lock onto the targets.

Shit. She moved fast once she'd made up her mind. Didn't hurt any that she appeared to be annoyed at him. Well, good. Let her be annoyed. Just would make it all that much more impressive once he proved how good he is.

Whatever she was doing at the door was unique. Ryoma couldn't tell what exactly it was, but whatever it was was using some chakra. A ninjutsu technique of some sort? Perhaps he could learn it by watching. Or ask one of the Rings what it was later, and then research it later. Whatever it was definitely looked interesting.

"What? Just follow the road north and east. You want to find the gate to Tia. And watch out. Since that demon Roku forced Godywn out of here, the local thugs go about, acting like they run the joint. I seriously think the only reason he hasn't gone further inland is that the locals are causing him enough trouble. Although the vampires over in Tia might be scaring him too. Gaianist vampires. Gods be damned if that isn't just the oddest thing."

During the entire speech, Ryoma had been walking, know that Hana was only a half step behind him the entire time. North and East, North and East. Damn, just thinking about those creepy vampires was enough. Too bad the night was warm. He could pass off a chill like that to bad weather.