Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Voting has reset for the month of August. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [August]   05/16/2017

Voting for the month of August is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
supernal

General roleplay discussion

I think dedicated threads, like we already have for the board, are useful and especially handy for quick data collection on trends. 

That said I know people sometimes have just a quick question or two they might not feel requires a thread and so it just goes unasked. So this general thread will serve as an outlet for that. 

Topics should be around, but not limited to, things like: world-building, lore management, activity tracking, character development, and so on.

Edited by supernal

https://www.valucre.com/topic/37338-the-suns-throne-ursa-madeum-not-unlocked-yet/

So I am trying to figure out if there is more i need to put in for this city in order to better paint a picture for the reader. I know i left a couple things a mystery which im working on right now but I just wanna know if what I have is enough for people to be interested?

4 hours ago, The Sun Chosen said:

https://www.valucre.com/topic/37338-the-suns-throne-ursa-madeum-not-unlocked-yet/

So I am trying to figure out if there is more i need to put in for this city in order to better paint a picture for the reader. I know i left a couple things a mystery which im working on right now but I just wanna know if what I have is enough for people to be interested?

Just something to chew on, but it kind of sounds like rather than a city, you wrote that for a nation or a really, really big city-state. How big is this city supposed to be?

Edited by Ataraxy

As dense enough for about 350k i think is the limit which is fairly big i think. Since i also had a whole island to kinda play with i figured why not do more with what i have since they wouldn't just be in the city the whole time. Thete are plans for expansion and colonization but im just focusing on making this thing happen first

17 hours ago, The Sun Chosen said:

I think you should bold or increase the text size for the headers. It breaks up the wall of text into sections and makes it easier for the eye to scan for the information it desires. 

Pick 2-3 of the mystical fauna and describe what makes them special. Why are there Pegasi there? What can they do? How are they the same / different than the regular mythology? What's unique about your area's animals or plants?

What you have now is definitely sufficient detail to get someone interested, the above are just my ideas on how to add a little more engagement 

Edited by supernal