Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Voting has reset for the month of October. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

roboblu

Whose Line? Bi-weekly RP Challenge!

As some of you may know, I'm in a huge creative funk and have been struggling to write anything even remotely decent. In attempt to pull myself out I've tried taking extended breaks, switching up characters, etc. ... and just the other day I found a long list of incredibly obnoxious words that I've decided to try and work into my posts throughout the year. Dumb? Yes. But fun? Also yes. 

So! I'm not sure if something like this has already been done on Val, but every week I'll be posting a different challenge for y'all to try and work into your posts as seamlessly as possible. Everything's made up and the points don't matter; this is just a fun little exercise that I thought some of you might enjoy. Be sure to comment with a link to your post so that we can all admire your work. :) 

This week's challenge ... !

Work song lyrics into your post. The more obscure the lyrics, the better. 

Edited by roboblu

This is genius in the best way.

Will get back to you in four days. 

On 8/23/2017 at 2:29 AM, jaistlyn said:

1,500 points for quoting Macklemore, champion of The Gays... and for using the line "so we put our hands up like the ceiling can't hold us" in the context of exploring crumbling ruins. apt.

12 hours ago, EpicRome23 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, that was fun.

I had to read this one twice to find it- it's been a while since I've listened to a classic like Viva la Vida. :sweat: 1000 points and a party hat for you

I think I'm changing this to a bi-weekly deal (every two weeks) so that more users can participate before we start a new challenge. Lookin' good so far! 

On 8/26/2017 at 8:39 PM, Mag said:
  Reveal hidden contents

in which mag gets nerd af

That was literally flawless, better than the original song, 10/10 points

On 9/1/2017 at 1:11 AM, Prestississimo said:

Welp, here's my effort.

Very subtle, very sneaky, very good. 1000 points. 

New challenge of the bi-week!

Oh boy, folks, this is one is a classic, but also a considerable step up from the past two weeks, so I hope you're prepared. Are you ready? No. You're not. 

I want you to rick roll me. Using every first letter of a sentence (in a series of 19 sentences), spell out "Never gonna give you up." 

Inspired and encouraged by @Prestississimo

Challenge Completed.

Seriously though, I was gonna go to bed, but then ideas about how to do this post started banging around in my head, and then I just had to write them down, and then things spiraled out of control and here we are. I hope you're happy.

(P.S. I feel like the quality of my post may have suffered a bit, but I'm not sure. I'll leave it up to My RP partner to decide I guess).

Edited by Prestississimo

15 hours ago, Prestississimo said:

Challenge Completed.

Seriously though, I was gonna go to bed, but then ideas about how to do this post started banging around in my head, and then I just had to write them down, and then things spiraled out of control and here we are. I hope you're happy.

(P.S. I feel like the quality of my post may have suffered a bit, but I'm not sure. I'll leave it up to My RP partner to decide I guess).

Everyone go and look at this post. I'm dying. It's INCREDIBLE. @Prestississimo you can never do anything wrong in your life, ever. 10,000.5 points