roboblu

Whose Line? Bi-weekly RP Challenge!

Oops, it has been a bit more than a bi-week (that's it, I'm putting a reminder on my phone to keep myself from forgetting this). 

If anyone participated in the descriptive writing challenge from before, please share your efforts now so we can appreciate your hard work ^_^ m

My own post, as promised, will be at the end of this post.

But before we get to that, it's time to introduce this fortnight's writing challenge!

This week, we're going to try to introduce some new perspectives into our writing. Normally, when we write posts, it tends to be from the third-person limited point of view for our character that we are currently RPing. This makes sense, given the framework of roleplay and it's cooperative nature. However, there is some room for interesting variation within this framework. It's possible to write from a fly-on-the-wall perspective, where you observe the character's actions, but no nothing of their inner-world. There's the potential to roleplay an NPC's perspective, and write a post from their limited POV. There's even sometimes the possibility (if both parties agree to it and want to try, seriously, ask before doing this) to write posts from your partners perspective.

So, our challenge for this week is to try writing a post from a perspective that you don't usually use. Hopefully, looking at your character through this new angle can help give you insight into how you view your characters, and how those around them might come to see them. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with, and I'm hoping to hear from you all soon!

Oh, and as promised: 

She stopped and turned to face the results of her ministrations. The six corpses sat steaming in the cold air, left in various states of disrepair. The ground in the square was torn up and destroyed, shredded by heavy paws and heavier blows. Blood flowed through the shattered cobblestones, dyeing the ground the same crimson as the battle-mage's hands. Scraps of torn fur fluttered everywhere, almost making it look as if there was snow falling. Maybe something like the mountains these bears had once called home, before they had been caged and chained, starved and beaten, then served up for the entertainment of the masses.

Welp, no replies for this one. Maybe the difficulty level on this challenge was a bit too high.

Are people still interested in maintaining this thread and participating in these challenges? While I've appreciated the offerings made by a few core members, participation has been steadily declining, and if no one is interested I'll just can this project entirely, apologies to roboblu. Maybe we could bring it back later, if and when they return.

16 hours ago, Prestississimo said:

Welp, no replies for this one. Maybe the difficulty level on this challenge was a bit too high.

Are people still interested in maintaining this thread and participating in these challenges? While I've appreciated the offerings made by a few core members, participation has been steadily declining, and if no one is interested I'll just can this project entirely, apologies to roboblu. Maybe we could bring it back later, if and when they return.

I am definitely interested, but now there are so many challenges I don't know what to start with.  I'll take a look at the most recent one when I start writing my next post!

*kicks down the door*

Hope you're all ready- we're bringing this back! This bi-week's challenge is ...

FLAVOR OF THE FORTNIGHT. How many ice cream flavors can you think of? Five? Ten? Twenty? Try to incorporate as many as you can into the descriptors of your next post. Is your character speeding down a rocky road? Does their best friend have strawberry-colored hair? Let's see how creative we can get!

(yes I am craving ice cream)

Friendly reminder to work on this sweet challenge if you want to earn my utterly useless praise and rewards! The next challenge will be going up next Friday regardless of involvement this week. 

6 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

Completed the challenge! 😉

I laughed, I cried, I loved it! Had to read it several times to catch everything 😂 Well done! Two-thirds of all the points go to @jaistlyn for this latest challenge! 

THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE: FLASH ME

Specifically, flashback! I want to see your character remember something relevant to their present circumstances. This is a very common device that many of us use regularly, but THIS TIME I want your character to come out of their reverie with a realization or tool that will help them progress in their current situation. What's the point of looking back if you don't use the past to move forward?

Bonus points will be rewarded for:

• departure from your current tense/person for the flashback
  • some kind of sensory remembrance happens (it's especially common for humans to tie memories to strong smells)
  • feature of a now-dead loved one
  • the memory happens in sepia tones (this is a joke, please clap)

This is a super easy "challenge" so I'm hoping for some more participation this week! Of course I will still cherish reading @jaistlyn's inevitably flawless post! 😂

30 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

Completed, hitting 3 bonuses. Points, please! 😂

Awesome prompt this time round though, gave me the idea immediately for this reply.

Wow your character is in some deep trouble there! I love that she’s not your typical fighter- so often I see characters with little reason to have combat experience absolutely dominating on the battle field. She’s fighting in her own way!

Wonderful post - you are awarded 3 bolts of lightning and can keep whatever points that happen to rain down from the sky!!