supernal

Valucre Discord downsize

6 minutes ago, Paroxysm said:

I was under the impression that you said this because you hand an understanding of the drama that ran rampant in past Valucre chat attempts, hence requiring strict moderation for the chat.

Oh, well, yes. I do. Since the reason for the last few times of chats being shut down was drama. Which should be expected. I just cannot attest from personal experience.

Chats should just be kept amongst members as individuals and have no interaction with moderators in an official capacity. 

Edited by Alexei

5 minutes ago, Alexei said:

Chats should just be kept amongst members as individuals and have no interaction with moderators in an official capacity. 

*Until they inevitably bring their chat drama to the forums, like they always do, because people suck.

Forgot your disclaimer, bruh.

If you want a lawless service, create your own. If you want to use Carlos', follow his rules. Regardless of where the service is located, if it is being administered by someone, it is subject to their rules.

To think, or argue otherwise, is not only illogical and unreasonable, but outright stupid.

I've said this to numerous people, over and over again.

Valucre property is Valucre property and your arbitrary determination about which rules should or shouldn't apply is irrelevant and asinine.

I don't know why this subject keeps cropping up.

Additionally, for those of you that have ran a server with a lack of rules, I'm curious as to how many of them are still up and running? Because it seems to me that from what I've heard, most have a shelf life of less than half a year.

8 minutes ago, Paroxysm said:

*Until they inevitably bring their chat drama to the forums, like they always do, because people suck.

Forgot your disclaimer, bruh.

Hah! True enough. People do suck sometimes. I think they do it for attention really.

I'm personally part of an non-Val related discord with no rules and that somehow hasn't died yet? Probably depends on the people running it? I don't know, exactly. 

The one thing that did crop up alot on the discord chat was the amount of people complaining about ERP not being allowed at all.

I think self-organized cells are going to be the most efficient form of leveraging a chat service. Chat was supposed to have been the death of forums since Yahoo started doing user rooms (in my anecdotal experience, which I also never believed hence why I peddled Valucre on there while I had the chance) but those rooms imploded due to sex scandals

For those interested in potentially taking up the ambitious endeavor of organizing their own chat server, Acies sent this to the team for info-assimilation and someone else may find it useful/interesting as well: http://cmsw.mit.edu/building-a-better-chat-room/

The fundamental divide here is, of course, that I don't want to build a better chat. I want to build a better forum. Dividing effort between these two poles on the spectrum of "collaborative activity" just seems, to me of course, to lead to two middling products rather than one really good one

3 minutes ago, Metty said:

I'm personally part of an non-Val related discord with no rules and that somehow hasn't died yet? Probably depends on the people running it? I don't know, exactly. 

The one thing that did crop up alot on the discord chat was the amount of people complaining about ERP not being allowed at all.

This may be dumb but what's ERP???

1 minute ago, Metty said:

Well if it has no rules then it probably specifically doesn't depend on the people running it because they aren't running anything right? If they were then I would assume that rules are in place? Or maybe I'm just failing to grasp what you mean by "running". It probably also depends on the participants involved more so than the people running it, because a good crowd of people with a poor mod team makes for less overhead than a bad crowd of people with a good mod team

I'd be curious to know how many participants there are, as things trend towards entropy of "stability" with higher numbers, as well as how long it's been running for the same reason. But these are just random questions that come up out of intellectual curiosity and not one I have a vested interest in getting an answer to since I wash my hands of it all!

1 minute ago, supernal said:

ERP = Erotic RolePlay

AHHHHH. Well damn. Why would we even consider allowing ERP when there are many many teens on this forum? Lmao.

I mean nothing is stopping people from doing that in their Discord PMs. Or email. I guess it's not the same if it's not public?

1 minute ago, aphrodite said:

AHHHHH. Well damn. Why would we even consider allowing ERP when there are many many teens on this forum? Lmao.

I mean nothing is stopping people from doing that in their Discord PMs. Or email. I guess it's not the same if it's not public?

Still against the rules in PMs cause the mods can read them lol...