Mickey Flash

Royal Birth Day

Jaron had been taking his time, carefully assessing his situation. When the young ruler made her grand entrance into the ballroom, he stopped and studied her, as many around him were doing. She had, after all, shown her face for the very first time. Her ears, like those of her people, were pointed. Despite the attire of a royal, inside, she had the soul of a warrior. Faint threads of energy connected her to the magicians around the room. Jaron allowed himself a smile at this—it would allow him to tell the warriors apart from the rest more easily. What he missed, however, were the even fainter threads connecting her to every single person in her surroundings. Perhaps if they had caught his eye, he could have predicted one of the abilities that made her dangerous. She seemed amazingly calm considering her circumstances; her face betrayed no signs of unease. This was a gift that she shared with the assassin. Yet, her energy told a different story. It was tense, as if ready to pull her into action at any moment. Jaron liked to compare his assassinations with war. The room may be decorated for celebration and an evening of joy, but beneath it all was a silent battle of wits. When it happened, he realized he had just lost the first fight.

Jaron had been taking his time, carefully assessing his situation.

Now he regretted his lack of haste.

It happened one second before he rigged the weapon. But he sensed it the second before it occurred; a growing energy in the room that caused the hairs on the back of his neck to stand up. It was an energy that he had seen time and time again, yet never lost its effect on him. It was a fiery energy: the energy of great power. That's when the explosion happened. A boom resounded throughout the room. Jaron immediately pivoted to face the source of sound just as he let go of the handkerchief. The bystanders were in shock, frozen in place. The guards came out of their confusion a little bit quicker and stepped toward the hole in the wall that the explosion had caused. The little white handkerchief fell to the ground, unimportant and inconspicuous. He reckoned that any man in the room holding a handkerchief would have dropped it at the sudden burst of noise. But unlike all the other handkerchiefs, it fell silently over a metal sphere the size of a tiny marble ball connecting to the fabric. If he had been prepared, it would have been the perfect time to fire the weapon. He missed an opportunity to take advantage of a distraction, and possibly the best distraction that would ever occur in this room at that.

But he couldn't dwell on such things. When the announcement came, he feigned relief, putting on the expression for the sake of blending in with the bystanders in the Silent War. He continued on through the room, discretely leaving spheres hidden in ordinary items so that they had a line of sight to every hidden corner or shadowy nook. He dropped one to the bottom of a bowl of pastries when nobody was looking. The last he dropped in the form of a thick coat button made of gold, such as the ones that were on the clothing of nobles. But these were no ordinary items: the weapons (for weapons they were), each contained one poisoned dart that could punch through plastic and if necessary, flesh and bone. Each were controlled by three tiny remotes stitched into Jaron's coat pocket. He did not know how his client had gotten ahold of such technology but he did not seem like a supplier who provided unreliable weapons.

Now he was prepared. He only needed to stay out of sight and wait.

I approach the queen with my desert eagle in hand but down at my side "I apologize my queen the explosion was my fault. I crossed the wrong wires I promise it will never happen again..besides I left the rest of the bombs at home" I show her the tasers that I have proving there's nothing but tasers "I hope you can forgive me my queen" I kneel to her.

@Mickey Flash

Edited by Redhood

Malia's peaceful smile slipped just a little as she was addressed by one of her Ladies in Waiting.  She listened to her comment, and her smile came back with an amused tilt.  Only to feel a moment of confusion as she looked into the purple eyes of the female and seen... nothing.  No merriment or hint of a jest.  Her smile froze and she was about to ask something... she didn't really know what, before she was interrupted by one of her guards. @Warlock

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:34 AM, EpicRome23 said:

"Your Majesty. Let this incident not reflect on the rest of the guards. For my part, at least, I swear I will redouble my efforts in order to make up for, well... to be frank, to make up for this blatant display of incompetence."

This statement took all the fun out of the moment, making her remember the responsibilities that rested upon her shoulders.  It brought her back to earth, which is where she needed to be.  Others might not see what has happened as funny.  They'd see it as a sad, sorry excuse of military protection.  She couldn't just laugh it off.  "Thank you, kind sir," she said quietly.  She knew not what rank he was in his military position, and didn't want to address him wrongly.  @EpicRome23

The guard that had made the mistake, the one that everyone was talking about, then decided to make his way toward her.  He uttered apologies with a flourish, and she was about to give him the forgiveness he asked for, until Pearl strolled up with an angry look on her face. 

"I'm sorry, your highness, but this guard deliberately disobeyed my orders before setting off this explosion.  I'm afraid he will have to be taken by the guards for questioning."

Malia nodded at Pearl, unsure about the workings of the chain of command, but unwilling to show her ignorance at this time.  The guards came and took the kneeling guard away, taking away the beginning excitement of her birthday bash. 

Lorial was amused by all the fuss over a clumsy guard.  She didn't understand why all the upset faces.  It was only one little bomb.  She would have had a bomb set off for her birthday party as a requirement for the entertainment purposes alone. 

"At least you started off your party with a bang," she said to the queen with a snicker.  Then a whiff of something caught her attention.  She said nothing to the queen, or gave any explanation, as she started walking around the ballroom following her nose.  It smells of poison... only not naturally made.  She would know, since she could shoot poison darts from her palms for the sport of it.  She stood beside a marble statue that had the scent at the base.  She didn't know if she was being watched by the culprit, so she tried not to look like she was investigating, though she was.  She casually leaned on the statue, and looked down at the tiny metal ball.  What was this?  A metal ball that contained poison seemed like a strange thing to just leave lying around.  And why would someone do that?  She didn't know, and she couldn't get a clear scent on who planted it there.  There were too many people in the room.  She then remembered that she was supposed to be a Ladies in Waiting.  This meant she wasn't supposed to have knowledge of poisons or assassination attempts.  She decided to use that to her advantage.  She bent down and picked up the sphere, saying in a loud voice, "Oh look!  A metal ball.  How pretty.  I think I'll put it with my marble collection."  Lorial had never had a marble collection in her life, but she was sure that someone did somewhere.  She placed the ball in the pocket of her dress, and went to seek out Skacharm.  @Velinquish

"Its all right, Your Grace. Some would say the hunter who believes his target easy, puts themselves at their most vulnerable. You shall see no harm so long as I am near, you have my word, if it please you."

In a way, Jennifer might have felt a maternal connection towards this woman. Her own children perished with her, never having seen the world as they died while still in her womb. She wished it could be that way, but she felt nothing for this person, only that she had been tasked with protecting her. Death had robbed her of so much, it almost overwhelmed her at times just how empty she felt.

If it was at all possible to prevent that same fate for her, then she would do everything in her power to do so. However, she could not forget the other responsibility entrusted to her, by the man who found her that fateful day. Coming to Elandaron was no accident for her, as she was instructed to come here, for something she wasn't even sure they had in their possession.

Her network was coming together beautifully, the shadows would soon be hers to command. Control over the shadows did not mean she had control over their owners. Shadows are merely a resource that she can use to create an object at will, sometimes she can even use her powers to imbue that object with magical properties. With so many people and so many things, she had a near endless amount of shadows to use for her needs.

"Perhaps a dance would calm Her Grace's nerves? There are many suitors who have traveled far to share a dance with their queen, if it please you of course."

Fredrick saw the guard get carried away and thought he did his job. More confident than ever Fredrick made his way to the queen. He saw the queen watching the guard getting taken away as well. "You must know of the wrongdoings he has done. Blown himself through a window," Fredrick whispered to the queen. Having nothing else to say he looked around for something to do. Then, he saw someone walk away from talking to the queen. The woman appeared to be, sniffing. This seemed rather strange to Fredrick, so he decided to check it out.

Fredrick followed the woman, deciding it was his job to see of she was doing anything suspicious. The woman stopped by the statue, holding something that looked like a metal ball. Now Fredrick had done his fare share of wrongdoings. He knew all about poisoning things. He had done it a few times for some extra change. He knew enough about poison to know that had some type of poison in it. It was rather odd though. Fredrick had never seen anything like it before. For all he knew it could have been more dangerous than normal poison. The woman then busted out saying she was going to add it to her marble collection. He then knew it definitely wasn't her planting them. Trying to be a helpful person, Fredrick scurried along after the woman to warn her about the ball. Finally catching up to her, he was out of breath. "Ball... Poison... Not... Marble," Fredrick managed to mumble. Hopefully she heard him.

"Was that...an explosion!?"

man exclaimed before chuckling an allowing a crooked smile to accent his the only visible potion of his face, displaying his fanged teeth that would be easily missed so long as he sat upon his elephant. Elephant!? Indeed. The shade upon the man's face that rode upon this majestic steed was cast by the hood of a black cloak responsible for hiding the rest of his body. A couple of awkward lumps would easily dictate that this man was either malformed, or that he hosted some weaponry beneath his travel gear. Upon investigation it would be learned that the latter was most likely. Regardless, surrounding him on either side would be found a dozen additional men and women of varying appearance ranging from hume, to elf, to cat, to orc! Judging by the revealing attire of mostly leather viewed on them all, with some fabrics, it would be painfully obvious that these were more than simple nomads, this was a party of bandits. Not just any party mind you, but the band known from the growing rumors that whispered upon the winds of Elendaron. The same rumors that told of a monster of a man riding upon a great horned elephant, a man hailed wider and wider with each passing day as the infamous Bandit King. Despite the gates being opened to the public on this special day, Lykaios was certain than his arrival would instantly set off alarms and raise red flags. Though with a stroke of irony and luck, and explosion would be heard coming from the castle itself, warranting the perfect distraction to his arrival. Begrudgingly he would continue however. The journey was a long one, and it was best to not delay their arrival since they were already, literally here. 

"And here I thought we were going to be the party crashers!"

He exclaimed in a musing manner, inspiring his followers to erupt into laughter at his comedy. Though the gates they marched, this band of 13 misfits total, AND an elephant. While they traversed the city headed straight for the castle, the man shrouded in black upon the elephant would reveal himself to the world. Pulling the cloak from his form, he would reveal himself to be a man of pale olive complexion comparable to the likes of clay. His brown eyes were wide in anticipation, adding a factor of sadism with his crooked smile. His choppy, spiky, unkempt hair fell to left of his head that was shaved upon the sides and the back. A golden circlet traced his forehead, leading to golden charms that hanged from his respective ears. A leather vest that could never hope to shroud his broad chest, and that barely hung to the top of his rib cage hugged his shoulders, a long plume of fur blocking his neck from most angles. A quarter sleeve was attached to the left of portion of the vest, extending half way down the bicep. Leather and gold bands adorned each arm in a random ensemble. Two bands of leather crossed his torso boasting ornamental jewels, mostly of the emerald variety. A pair of off white thick khaki's hugged his lower body, the legs tucked neatly into a pair of knee high boots. It would then become apparent that the man two swords of the scimitar variety. One uniquely strapped to his back with the handle protruding beyond the left shoulder, and one equipped to his left hip. 

"Look alive lords and ladies, we have finally arrived!"

He exclaimed once more before hailing his elephant to halt within the courtyard. The elephant would kneel despite the lack of necessity or directive, naturally allowing it's master to leave what was identified as some sort of mobile throne of carved wooden spikes and decor of five skulls total that were fastened to the wooden structure. A very small cloud of dirt washed up as he hopped off of the elephants back. Without much hesitation at all, the band of bandits would separate. Four of of the dozen would join their pack leader, while the other eight remained to defend their King's noble steed, his undeniable symbol of might. His eyes narrowed with a refreshed grin, Wolf was here. While his motives remained uncertain even to his own people, he would feign the premise of being here to pay homage and respect to the nations sovereign.

"Hopefully we haven't missed all of the excitement."

385362962b863d77b7e8d9c2b0ad6e0b.jpg

Spoiler

@Chappu @Aleksei @Alexei

While I don't require any of you to be here in character, you are more than welcome to be included in this trip. Despite not finishing out beginning thread yet, I have appropriately mentioned this happening in character a couple weeks prior to the actual event.

=)

Edited by Twitterpated

This party just kept getting more entertaining. The bumbling guard who Erin had previously observed arguing with the civilians, and who had set off the bombing that she had so disappointingly missed, somehow managed to not only survive, but return to make an attempt at a dramatic apology to the queen. Of course, all the resulted from this was him getting drug off to the dungeons, subsequently lowering the guard count in the room.

Chuckling to herself at the scene, the nomadic archer returned slowly resumed her patrol around the balcony, keeping her eyes downward at the party. She could have sworn that the shadows of the dancers and party-goers had minds of their own, moving in the most strange and peculiar ways. Shaking this off as just the result of weird lighting and too many people moving around, she bounced attention between the handful of people she had determined to be the most suspicious, though as of yet, none seemed intent to take any action.

Just then, the male civilian that had been earlier arguing with the bomber guard, went dashing across the ballroom floor and over to some random woman holding a marble. He rather rudely snatched it away, but anything he said was not audible to the lone sentinel above. Though she couldn't here what they spoke, Erin knew the action was a bit odd, and thus worthy of keeping an eye on. Or at least it was something more worthy than watching people dancing like fools, anyway...

Booze and Musicthe_alpha_male__mercutio_by_misstenshini

How I miss the Sea~

A placid expression caressed Abiasaph's as he watched the explosion take place to mask the arrival of Lyokos and his crew. The former Pirate King gave a gentle 'hmm' to the noise and sight. No doubt the people around would soon begin running wild to find and secure the perimeter outside and inside of the palace; yet that was none of his concern. They were here to party with the Queen and so they would! A royal birthday that would permit them some audience with people in very high places.

This could prove to be diplomatic but at the same time no one gave a flying fuck.. Booze and lots of music.. Good music hopefully not some boring ball room music that phony nobles danced to in some organized fashion. No no the man wanted those beach side fire dances with music that strummed the strings of the soul. Perfect for the afternoon and night to come. When Lyokos made his comment about something else stealing their lime light the man only offered a slight smile and quick of his brow. A few clouds of smoke rose up from between his lips as he exhaled the cigarette smoke. Reaching up with his armored left hand he pulled the cancer stick from thick dark lips. 

"Perhaps we should enter in a more destructive fashion.. There's never been a hard time doing that right..?" Nudging another bandit they shared a chuckle before advancing into the building at the Kings side. His cloak covered majority of his bare upper body while a pair of long silk shorts covered his lower half. Barefeet had remained his one tradition with his sandals lashed together upon his right hip. Taking another deep drag the embers light illuminated his golden hues beneath the shadows of the hood. Dark olive skin that gently resembled the ebony black reflected the light back. 

More billows of smoke followed after as he kept himself in pace. Grabbing at his hip Abiasaph reached into his pocket once more to pull out another cigarette to keep himself from playing with his blades out in public. It would not be wise to produce weapons here, even though the smelting aura that was bound to the brace on his left arm was a good party trick. Perhaps later in the future when it came down to earning extra cash from drunk nobles he might pull it out to play around. 

For now introductions were at hand and that was more than enough for him.

If a situation could be taken advantage of in any way, Jaron made it his job to find it. When a young lady left the queen's side to pick up the sphere he left on the ground, he remained calm. The weapon, after all, couldn't be traced back to him by any normal means. However, now, he was more wary of the abilities of those in the queen's employ. He sensed that she recognized the poison for what it was before she picked up the weapon; it is unusual to go poking around under discarded handkerchiefs. A woman who can detect poison. Jaron was suddenly glad that he left the vial of the stuff in the fountain from where the servants served cups of water—water that would turn to venom with a flick of a switch. A switch stitched into his left coat pocket. He couldn't help enjoying the ability of holding the lives of others in his hands. Very simply, he could take a life or spare one. If the woman carries the sphere a little closer to the queen, her life would be his to take without any bystanders getting in the way. Even an assassin can have a code of honor and his was to avoid killing onlookers wherever possible; there is a fine line between assassination and murder. But there were exceptions. There were five small controllers in his left coat pocket: three for each of the spheres and a fourth for the poison. The fourth he decided he would not use unless his options became too limited. The fifth controller, the last, he decided he would not use unless his life was in grave danger. One that he would not use unless everyone in the room had to die.

When the goblin guard ran up to the woman—and with noticeable haste at that, Jaron realized he recognized the poison too. The queen has chosen wisely with her guards. He decided he should wait and see what they would do about the weapon. If they took it too close to the queen, her death would follow soon thereafter. If they threatened to destroy it or seek out the other weapons, it was their death that would follow. Very subtly, the energy around the room changed. It was the energy of the calm before the storm. Chaos was drawing nigh. Of this, Jaron was certain.

High above, two great, mechanical, rapid-fire crossbows were positioned on either side of the palace: true feats of engineering. Embossed on each was a single rune. The language of the ancients could not be directly translated into the common languages of today, but if it the ancients had written in English, it would have read Blood. The other would have read Death. For these, the great beasts were yearning for. The iron bolts that they held were hungry for it. The strings that would launch them at every hint of movement whispered the names into the air. A storm of destruction waiting to be released with the flip of a single switch.

Edited by Velinquish

Malia stared into the beautiful purple eyes of her Lady in Waiting.  She'd just suggested that Malia find a dancing partner, which was something Malia hadn't even thought about doing.  "Um, I'm sure if a male wanted to dance with me, he would come and request a dance."  Her face turned pink.  At this moment she couldn't remember a single dance she'd been taught in her training.  They'd concentrated more on self defense than fancy dances.  Malia had been surprisingly as good with the dance lessons as she had the fighting, even if the steps have left her mind at the moment. 

The adviser came up to her then, green and aged, in a fancy suit that didn't fit how he was portrayed at all.  He whispered in her ear, which made her pull away slightly.  His advice was actually kind of funny, since she'd already been informed of the guard's actions as well as apologized to by the guard.  Too little advice too late.  She said nothing to him as he walked away, wondering at the expertise needed by this adviser.  @Warlock 

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, SixShots22 said:

"Ball... Poison... Not... Marble," Fredrick managed to mumble. Hopefully she heard him.

Lorial turned to the strange character that she knew to be one of Skacharm's advisers.  His anxious warning was spoken quietly, and Lorial looked around to see if anyone close had heard him.  Not seeing anyone staring at them, she took the goblin's elbow and steered him over to the edge of the ballroom.  "That's nice.... uh, Fredrick is it?  I can handle it.  I'm taking the specimen to Skacharm."  She marched off to find Skacharm, not paying attention to see if the goblin planned to follow her or not.  @SixShots22 @Velinquish

Pearl noticed that the door to the castle had less guards due to the excitement of the explosion.  She had to remedy that quickly.  She saw the archer that had claimed boredom earlier, and she quickly climbed the stairs to face her.  "Guard, I am in need of your help.  The door to the castle has less guards, which isn't good for protecting the queen.  Can you keep watch of the door and confront anyone coming in that may look suspicious?  I have to question the guard that had set off the bomb, and I need the guards to be on alert while I'm gone.  You will be one of the ones responsible for that extra alertness.  I need you on the ground, guarding the door."  She didn't wait to see if she would follow her orders, but nodded to the archer before quickly following where the guard who'd set the bomb had been dragged off to. @Tyler

Shanna was still nibbling on the last of her sweet bun when the explosion knocked the guard out of the castle window.  Her eyebrows raised curiously, as she watched the guard hurry inside.  She wondered why he'd not been hurt worse, or who had caused the explosion.  There was not enough alarm raised though for it to be an attack on the castle, and not as many guards left their posts as an attack would warrant.  She bought another sweet bun, and walked casually toward the open window.  She saw the guard being dragged away from the presence of the queen.  Shanna stared at the young female, tempted to pull a gun and shoot her here and now.  She would have too, but she could see that the guards were paying attention to the open window at this point.  She walked away, casually biting into her sweet bun.  She sat at the bench again, wondering why the guard had been dragged away.  The logical explanation is that the guard had somehow set off his own weapon.  How inept.  She giggled a little, before swallowing her bite. 

Then she could see a group coming through the town at this opportune moment, and they looked like savage warriors.  Not the type of crowd usually to come to a royal ball.  She nibbled another bite, her eyebrows raised again. 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, Twitterpated said:

"And here I thought we were going to be the party crashers!"

"Look alive lords and ladies, we have finally arrived!"

"Hopefully we haven't missed all of the excitement."

Wow, how entertaining!  Shanna was glad that she didn't miss all this.  Yes, she was taking a risk, but the sight of the elephant... the half naked warriors.... and the guard being dragged off was very amusing.  She wondered if the guard had been hired to cause a distraction for these newcomers.  It was very possible.  Too bad if they were here to cause trouble.  She knew Skacharm had a plan B, and C, and so on.  But this should be fun to watch.  @Twitterpated @Chappu

@Mickey Flash

Erin spotted the head guard ascending the stairs, noting that she appeared to be wanting to speak with her. To make it easier, Erin began moving back to the stairs so they could hear one-another more easily. Pearl then spoke, commanding Erin to take over as the door guard, before rather quickly heading off to speak with the bomber.

"Yes, ma'am." Erin made a lazy salute as she spoke, though her low-toned voice may not even been heard over the music coming from below.

Of course, as she began descending the stairs and weaving her way through the crowd on her way to the exit, she began to question whether or not she was supposed to position herself inside or outside. Given that it was the interior of the ballroom that had been depleted of security by the recent events, she finally concluded that it would be wiser to stay inside. Since a bow was little use to her now, she slung it back over her shoulder and put a hand on the hilt of her standard-issue short sword.

"Right then, confront anyone that looks suspicious." she muttered to herself, "Easy enough."

If only she knew what was about to walk into the ballroom...

crashatter ~

Almost as if on cue, despite the more aggressive on goings in the environment such as explosions, a party goer gazed at the image of the Bandit King and his colleagues breaching the castle. This caused the shocked woman a sense of dread enough to warrant the dropping of her glass, leaving wine to bleed upon the floor from the shattered remains of the bulbous glass. Lykos would grin viciously at the woman that dropped it, her mouth open and her eyes staring in bewilderment, perhaps even ire or disgust. A wink was delivered to her, only for her to react by fainting and nearly falling into her spilled wine. Saved by those around her and placed gently on a dry portion of the ground, Lykos snickered and looked ahead once more. As if their appearance wasn't enough to make them stick out like a sore thumb, the mingling crowds muted themselves at a certain proximity, parting in waves to avoid being too close to these filthy, stinking savages. Some muttered to their peers, no doubt gossiping about their arrival already. Others just gawked in disbelief and tried to be sure they weren't even caught staring. Lykos walked tall and proud, regal in a sense despite his outward appearance. Broad shoulders back, chest out, the majority of his torso was bare for all to see. And still he grinned, his shark like teeth warranting an increased sense of dread about him.

"Please, please.....PLEASE!!! Ladies and gentlemen, don't allow my most welcomed presence to disturb you from your festivities."

That was when Lykos realized his path was blocked by a female, smaller than him. She boasted a bow on her shoulder and hand upon the hilt of a "big knife". He stopped mere feet from before casting his brown gaze upon her, his narrowed eyes above his crooked smile searching for her own as if he was attempting to peer directly into her soul. How would she react? Would she cower in fear, or wet herself even? Would she treat them as guests proper? Perhaps she would pull that knife out and bet her life on a poor gamble. Or perhaps she wouldn't even react at all. Perhaps she would be just like the majority of the snobbish sheople in attendance. She would simply stare utterly dazed and confused. Either way, it would seem that Lykaios was in a bit of a jovial, playful mood. As such he would allow a faint growl to accent his most recent snicker.

"It is a beautiful day isn't it? Perfect for a Queen's birthday don't you think?"

@Chappu @Mickey Flash @Tyler

Edited by Twitterpated

Not even enough time to reach the door and already the unwashed masses were trying to barge in! And unwashed this lot certainly was, as the first thing to strike Erin beside the appearance of the newcomers, was the smell of the newcomers. Though it certainly wasn't the first time she'd taken-in an odor such as this, it still made her visibly ruffle her nose and scowl in response. The leader of this rabble certainly must have thought a lot of himself, considering how boldly he'd burst into the castle and attempted to make himself the focus of attention. While he certainly had was muscular in build, he stood no taller than Erin did, and as he approached she made sure to stand at her full height. It was enough that the Bandit King would have to raise his eyes ever-so-slightly upward to meet those of the woman he was facing.

Still, gaze into each-other's eyes they soon did, and Erin squinted somewhat as she listened to his greeting. Those words were allowed to hang in the air for a moment as Erin tried to analyze the best approach to dealing with this interloper. While in a way he was intimidating, at the same time she wasn't sure if she could fully take him seriously. He seemed to be a little overboard in his effort to look savage and exotic, and certain elements of his appearance gave the impression of more of a punk than a warrior, or whatever he was trying to be. Not to mention the way he stuck out his chest was just begging for someone to shove a blade into it. Still, this young man could very well be a dignitary from some neighboring barbarian country, so Erin couldn't simply demand that he leave. Seemed it was time to put those long neglected people skills to use.

"I agree, sir." Erin stated, having to raise her low-toned voice in order to be intelligible, "And we wouldn't want any unfortunate incidents to ruin the day for the queen, would we? I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you and your people to turn in your weapons. I'm certain you understand; the queen needs to feel safe if she is to enjoy her big day."

She was taking a risk, as such a request could be some sort of cultural taboo for these people. Hopefully more guards would arrive to back her up, or maybe that Skacharm guy would come over to more effectively defuse the situation. For the moment though, she was alone against five bandits, and it was vital to not show a hint of hesitation or fear.

Oh what a wonderful surprise! This one was trained, well enough to either not show fear or she had one hell of a poker face. Still, she tried to engage him with some dignity and respect. She even called his sir! Perhaps all hope was not lost in thought of positive reception to their visit here. The moment was short lived however, considering the women saw fit to ask them to check their weapons in at the door. For a moment he stood their in the perfect freeze frame with that crooked smile, his eyes unblinking as he stood perfectly still. His beating heart even paused at his Will. Suddenly he erupted into laughter, a jovial, hearty chuckle that warranted his right hand coming to rest upon his belly as he would lean into the pain in his ribs caused by his amusement. He would even look back to his cronies, whom would surely already be joining him for the good long winded laugh he was experiencing. Though suddenly his eyes changed. His narrowed brown eyes grew sharp, his smile fading as his arms fell to his sides again and his body snapped erect, his gaze set upon Erin as he would begin speaking. No doubt his entourage grew silent at the perfect moment being that they saw his face change first.

"I understand you have a job to do, I do, and I respect that...But no. Not even the Queen herself could convince me to do such a thing upon request. Perhaps if you had managed to catch me without having noticed the explosion, I would be more...accommodating."

Of course he was lying through his shark like teeth. Between his odd features from his teeth to his attire, to his lack of a shadow upon the ground, he was obviously not human this close up. Not fully anyway. Still he produced another crooked smile, akin to the one from before, his eyes softening once more as if they delivered a speech completely separate from his spoke words. Something like "Take them from me" or "Over my dead body". In any case, he would not be relinquishing his blades on this day. And of course being of Royalty*, he would be damned if he left here today without seeing the Queen herself directly. 

"I'm sure you can understand the need for a King and his men to be able to defend the King's life at any given moment. Or at least I would hope you could, considering the job title I would assume you carry."

As bad as the long term results could be, Lykos almost wished that they would try to disarm his crew. It wouldn't take much to convince the others to initiate a raid and come charging in with an elephant and all. They were few, by Lykos was willing to bet that each of his capable men and women could easily account for anywhere between 30-50 of her men easy without going down. Perhaps the orcs could manage to do a dramatically inclined amount, upwards of perhaps even a couple hundred. Then there was Lykos. While he couldn't take out an army on his own head on, he could surely strategically, surgically remove hundreds....Perhaps even 1000 men without being brought to his knees! He'd wager the Queen's life on it if they really wished to test him. Fortunately, the Bandit King was not here to make waves, despite his men's desire. Though it was obvious that he would not budge to reconsider his attendance or his armament. 

"That won't be a problem will it? I can't imagine that such a great nation would fear five simple men and women versus a large explosive detonating within these very castle walls."

@Chappu @Mickey Flash @Tyler

Jennifer gave a cordial curtsy at the Queen's refusal for a dance. It was not her place to question Her Grace's wishes. Besides, there were other pressing matters that were grabbing at her attention.

From without, there seemed to be a commotion. Guests and party goers were already whispering about the barbarians at the door. It was not hard to imagine the Queen would be aware of this predicament, which meant Jennifer would have to be prepared for their arrival. More likely than not these savages would mean harm to Her Grace, so she would make certain that harm did not occur.

In the back of her mind, she knew she had memories of when she felt anger. Whether it was by indignation, pride, spite or heartache, Jennifer could still remember the fire that was lit inside of her whenever she felt angry enough. Now however there was no fire in her belly, only a cold emptiness that spoke of no other desire than to fulfill the duty entrusted onto her. 

How can you be so cold? She asked herself, still somewhat in disbelief at times over her present condition. 

Its because I am dead, she told herself, and the dead do not feel warm. We are icy, vacant things, who long for rest but are shackled by unfulfilled promises forgotten by the march of time. Who still mourns for Jennifer Mollins? No one she could remember, except perhaps the red woman, the one she had apparently known as sister. With all she knew to be lost or forgotten, madness seemed like an easy place to inhabit. Perhaps that was why the runed man came to her, to save her from madness by giving her a purpose and a choice.

No one could tell the deep thoughts the lich had as she stood there, obediently waiting for her Queen's command or for some threat to present itself. All they would see was a strange lady in waiting wearing dark robes with purple eyes. The less they knew of her tragedy, the better, as the living have more important things to think about than the plights of the dead. Such traits made for good servants, and valuable body guards.

As her thoughts returned to the possible trouble at hand, she knew that her shadow web would be needed now more than ever. Soon enough the troublemakers would make their way into the ballroom, where their shadows would join her collection. Imagining the look of surprise on their faces, as the dark shapes around them were of a solid material might have amused her when she was alive, but not in death. All she could think about was fulfilling her duty, and protecting the Queen by all means necessary. If blood must be spilled on this joyous occasion, then she would spill it without hesitation, for the dead feel no remorse, no pity, only the regrets which bind them to this world.