Valucre added to a new directory! Read more... ×
Valucre
Crinn

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished [ToL quest]

@PrislyDawn

The forest was dark and looming, the tall trees stood like sentinels at the entrance of a place you shouldn't step in. The wind was picking up and strange noises were making their way out of it. 

Remi was standing in front of the wall of trees, where the trail ended. She was slightly shivering from the breeze and jumping at every little sound, be it just a squirrel scurrying away or the bushes rustling. The tabby cat perched on her shoulders rubbed his head on her cheek in a reassuring way, Remi gave him a chin scratch "Yea you're right, we can do this, we're not alone."

She took a deep breath and exhaled "It's pretty dark, do we have any light source?" she asked, realizing that they aren't exactly the most prepared team.

"Yeah we do" Priscilla assures and reaches in her bag, pulling out what seemed to be a crystal ball as large as her head. You might wonder how did it fit in there but is it necessary? Anyway, she starts shaking it and slowly it starts glowing and floating as well. It was bright like an ordinary lamp but then she pops it like a balloon surrounding them like a hundred fireflies. "There we go! Don't worry, it'll follow you"

Meanwhile Kristabelle was holding out her hands, concentrating on something. "The witches are there" she points "Follow me" she starts running

Priscilla turns around surprised "Sister wait a sec!!!" She runs her "Also Remi? Do you want to kill one of them or just us?"

Remi was totally mesmerized by the glowing bugs oooh-ing and aaah-ing at them like a little child, Priscilla's question bought her back to reality.

She darted her eyes and sighed "I would like to avoid it if it's possible but I don't want to be useless...I'll help you in any way I can!" Caspian lets out a guttural meow "Oh! Ah, I mean any way WE can!"

The forest still gave her the creeps but she leaps in "L-let's not make your sister wait...and...uh, save the girls and be heroes and...stuff!", Caspian rolls his eyes. Remi comes to a halt immediately "So, uh, which way did your sister go?" 

"You can just save the girl and take her to safety if you want to. I don't want you to do something like that" Priscilla shakes a bit but claps her hands "My sister went that way" She holds Remi wrist and starts running. 

"You do know you can ask me to slow down" Kris said nonchalantly as she appeared running next to them, not even breaking a sweat unlike Priscilla. 

"I know but you like running so yeah!" She supported her sister that just shrugged and ran ahead again. 

The more they advanced into the forest the darkness became deeper and deeper, soon enough the glowing bugs were their only light source as the treetops covered the sky.

Remi was keeping up with the Priscilla, jumping over the occasional root and running into leaves. Getting a face full of spiderweb almost made her scream but held it down, this would be the worst time to make a ruckus. 

"There's more than one witch right? Are you sure you can handle them? W-what if they have creatures like...dogs?" Caspian, who was securely perched on her back, rolled his eyes. 

Kristabelle covered Remi's mouth and held her down for a while until she let go. She pointed at a classic (more like cliche) looking witch hut. There were a few crows on the top of the roof. 

"Okay, here's what we're going to do" Priscilla said in a hushed tone. "I'll kill off those birds but that'll take time and the witches might notice when I do so, but I can paralyze them while doing so. When I do you sneak in with Kris inside slowly, Kris you'll?" she instructed carefully looking at the time though they have a few days left but better now or never, she thought and shrugs. 

"Use my magic so they won't see or feel our presence" Kris responded and then started muttering something under her breathe. 

Pris nodded and placed her attention back to Remi "Guide Kris please because she won't see anything using the spell, she has an option to see but it'll waste magic and needs a lot of concentration. You have to check the girl and your surroundings. If they notice you, you both are should protect yourselves and each other, same thing if they attempt to hurt the girl, a monster attacks you, or I bust in" she (low-key) commanded with eloquence and seriousness, a tone like of a general. 

"You sound like Roux..." Kris muttered. 

Pris ignored her "Any objections?" She asked Remi in a caring and motherly tone. 

Edited by PrislyDawn

She nodded rapidly then spoke to Caspian "You go on ahead and enter the hut as soon as the crows dealt with." He nodded and gracefully jumped down from her shoulder in the nearby bush.

Remi then turned back to the girls "Remember when I said the two of us are soul bound? That allows us to see through each other's eyes...this should go well!" she quickly covered her mouth "Oh I hope I didn't jinx it." a sigh escaped her mouth "Nevermind, go on, we're ready."

"Okay then..." Priscilla closes her eyes and starts breathing slowly. One moment she disappears, then she's next to the crows touching them, and back to Remi, all in 5 seconds. "Kris go" she said not moving

Kristabelle nods and herself and Caspian disappears to others' sights, only Priscilla, Kristabelle (technically she's blind doing this but she can still see if she concentrates hard enough) Remi, and Caspian can see. Kris walks up to the hut's door and waits for Caspian to go through. 

Remi was holding Kris' hand "We go in as soon as Caspian shows me what's going on."

On cue, Caspian slithers in through the door and quickly climbs up on a shelf. Remi closes her eyes "Wow this house is a mess...uh never mind, the girl is tied up in a cage in the corner of the room behind some barrels, in the middle of the room is a cauldron and the space is cramped, all three witches are inside and....oh they took notice of the disturbance of the crows, they are coming outside." She steps back and pushes Kris as well so they don't get knocked into then opens her eyes and looks after them "Dang, only two." She closes her eyes again, Caspian has moved from the shelf and was now behind a dresser "The other witch is grabbing the girl away!" Remi said with a panicked voice. 

"AHHH SCREW IT!" Priscilla screams and the crows immediately collapsed, most likely dead. "Whoops...." she exclaimed as she dryly laughs, Kris grunts and makes her sister disappear as well. 

Pris walks slowly to Remi looking at Kris's disappointed face. "Sorry sis" Priscilla apologized. "Don't worry I'll catch up with them" she cheerfully assured them "You guys should handle the other two witches though while I go for the girl" Kris nods. 

Priscilla moves swiftly and stealthily through the two witches and went directly to the witch getting the girl. Before she charged though to get the girl she lit the witch's robe on fire. Then, she cut, with her dagger, the the binds girl had and carries her to go outside, considering she was unconscious, before she can the witch slashed Priscilla with the ritual knife. 

"Ow!" She started to feel lightheaded "like the life is being sucked out of me, oh wait that was the ritual knif-" she thought before she collapsed on the floor. 

Edited by PrislyDawn

Caspian was watching everything unfold rom his hiding place, he couldn’t do anything in this form without hindering his sister but when the witch attacked Priscilla there was no other way ”Dammit! Sorry sis.” He thought to himself before jumping up on the dresser and then leaping at the witch, mid jump he changed from cat to human and toppled her over, the witch’s head hit the couldron and got knocked out. 

After catching his breath and letting the witch to burn, Caspian leaned over Priscilla “Shit, shit, shit”, his mind was racing but he had idea what to do, magic was in no way his speciality. He grabbed Priscilla’s shoulders “Hey! Can you hear me?!” 

Remi was leading Kris to the other witches when Priscilla collapsing on the floor flashed before her eyes “Your sister needs he-“ it’s all she could say before the dark aura enveloped her and she plopped on the ground. She got up and scratched at Kristabelle’s boots, mewing desperately.

Kris stopped, she felt something was wrong. She stopped the spell, so she can see again and rushed inside seeing her sister fainted as the life was being sucked out of her "...."  nothing, she couldn't say anything. Her eyes filled with anger scanned the room to whoever did it and saw the witch unconscious on the floor. She moved in front the witch and took the knife and shattered it the moment she held it. 

"Nobody hurts my sister" Kris said viciously to the unconscious. Like lightning she gouges out her eyes and chops the witch's head off with the hand. She tosses the head in the cauldron, where she starts the fire. "Hope you burn in hell" She said voice filled with venom, as for a moment her eyes burn with red, like blood, color. She looks at Caspian "Take the girl, I'll take care of the rest" she went out before he can respond. Quickly she lays Priscilla's body on the ground behind a bush and comes back to Remi's aide. 

"You should help your brother" she mutters "I'll take care of these two"  She pulls out a scythe, one that looks like it would be for farming, and battles the witches attempting to cut their heads off. 

Figuring out that there’s no point to arguing any further Caspian grabbed Remi and saftely put her in his hood, before he runs to help the scared girl he looks back at the sisters one more time “Hope to see you at the tavern.” 

With that said he went to the kidnapped girl who was cowering in the corner of the room “It’s alright, we’re here to save you.” He said with the calmest voice he could muster at the moment before picking her up bridal style, she was too scared to say anything. He rushed out, running into the forest.

It only took him a few minutes of running blindly before realizing that the little light bugs are gone and he can’t see much in the darkness, he wanted to ask Remi for help before noticing a faint light coming from behind a tree, he approached cautiously, it was one of the witches, they split up “Shit!” He muttered under his breath but the poor girl was still scared and she gasped out loud notifying the witch of their presence who turns around and takes out a knife. 

Caspian quickly puts down the girl and hands Remi to her before taking a sword out of it’s sheath “What do you want? The girl has no use for you anymore.” The witch growled, Caspian got it this wasn’t about the girl it was about the witch they killed, how ironic “Then don’t bring a knife to a sword fight.” Caspian said with a smug grin which made the hag angrier and charged him, “Run to the tavern!” Caspian yelled at the girl before parring the first attack.

The girl gets up to her feet and stumbles away from them, Remi’s desperate meowing could be heard getting fainter. Caspian turned his attention back to the witch “Now it’s just you and me, bitch..ha ha, you know because bitch rhymes with wi-ah!” He parried the second attack.

Kristabelle has lived a life longer than most as well as Priscilla, this type of mission should be easy but then they were those two. It's not like they are useless, it's just the fact they are there making Pris have an actual plan for once but then that knife shouldn't have affected her sister. This confused her when she was fighting the two witches, though distracted she looks like she was fighting seriously but that's just her face being stoic as ever. She glanced to where his sister body is... was as she saw a sign saying "I'm a pretty great actor" She slightly laughs at her sister's gimmick. 

She proudly thought "That's my sister alright" she looked back at her enemies and immediately she made two holes below them. They fall in, when they did it was like the earth has eaten them seeing they were immediately buried and before they can chant any spell, Kristabelle chopped if their heads mercilessly like she was harvesting crop. She noticed that it only one witch remaining and the other was an illusion where she was she still gouged the eyes because you can never have too much, right???. Yeah. Kristabelle throws the rest of the head in the house, where she lits it on fire. She calmly walks back to where the tavern is. 

Meanwhile Pris is slightly lost but manages to find then using the artificial fireflies (not the official name but let's go with that) she stealthily sneaked behind her and whacked her un-gracefully with a log she found on the way. The which fell on the ground barely sound considering she did got whacked by a log. "You give the final blow bud and we can go home" she said as the night sky was still dark as ever. 

Caspian was a bit taken aback by with witch suddenly falling to the ground then his face lit up when he saw Priscilla, he threw his hands in the air "You're alive!" he shouted pointing the sowrd to the ground and nonchalantly stabbing the witch in the back, she let out a death gurgle before she stopped moving. He took the sword out and shook it a bit "Ugh, gross, witch blood." before putting it back in the sheath.

"I'm so glad you're fine because I may or may not have handed my sister to a terrified girl and told her to run away in the dark forest, are there wolves around?" He jolted at the sudden flashing images then shook his head "Never mind, somehow she managed to get out of the forest." He looks down at the witch's body "Do we do something about this?" he nudges the corpse with his foot "You know what never mind that mean's someone would have to touch it, let's go back." Caspian said as he turned around walking into the dark forest. 

Edited by Crinn